PDA

View Full Version : President Obama

road kill
07-15-2010, 12:32 PM
OK, I got something that is bugging me.
I love the USA!
I love that I had the privilege of serving my country.

I don't like what is happening right now in my country, but it is what it is.

The President of the United States name is Obama.
Not some insulting deviation.

I make my arguments.
I support them as best I can.

Someone making an insulting variation of Obama's name hurts my cause.

People see this and say, "see....look a dumb redneck."

No offense intended, I am just respectfully asking that we all stop doing that.

Just sayin..........

Can I get a witness??

rk

Buzz
07-15-2010, 12:49 PM
OK, I got something that is bugging me.
I love the USA!
I love that I had the privilege of serving my country.

I don't like what is happening right now in my country, but it is what it is.

The President of the United States name is Obama.
Not some insulting deviation.

I make my arguments.
I support them as best I can.

Someone making an insulting variation of Obama's name hurts my cause.

People see this and say, "see....look a dumb redneck."

No offense intended, I am just respectfully asking that we all stop doing that.

Just sayin..........

Can I get a witness??

rk

I'm with you. I think that name calling closes minds.

paul young
07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
a worthy post, Stan. spoken like a true American.

however, i have no doubt that you have lost some credibility with the trash talkers, who probably formerly counted you as one of the gang.

they hate him so much that they can not control themselves.-Paul

road kill
07-15-2010, 12:57 PM
a worthy post, Stan. spoken like a true American.

however, i have no doubt that you have lost some credibility with the trash talkers, who probably formerly counted you as one of the gang.

they hate him so much that they can not control themselves.-Paul

I know who I am.
I know right from wrong.

rk

Eric Johnson
07-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I fully agree. The name calling belittles the name-caller far more than the President.

Eric

gman0046
07-15-2010, 01:08 PM
RK, I call him Obongo because I have no respect for him. He's a consummate liar and a career Chicago political crook. Have you ever wondered how a Kenyan, living in Indonesia, attending muslim schools, ever would up at Harvard? Why won't they produce the documentation for his enrollment or his attendance or transcripts? How did someone who NEVER held a position in the business world amass his wealth? His only claim to fame was being a community organizer. Have you ever wondered why they won't produce his birth certificate?

road kill
07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
RK, I call him Obongo because I have no respect for him. He's a consummate liar and a career Chicago political crook. Have you ever wondered how a Kenyan, living in Indonesia, attending muslim schools, ever would up at Harvard? Why won't they produce the documentation for his enrollment or his attendance or transcripts? How did someone who NEVER held a position in the business world amass his wealth? His only claim to fame was being a community organizer. Have you ever wondered why they won't produce his birth certificate?

I agree with all of your questions.
And have some more.

His name is Obama.

And if I got called to serve my country again, even by Obama, I'm ready to roll.:cool:

stan b

FOM
07-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't post on POTUS, I do lurk....and I have to say I agree with RK.

Just because I don't respect someone does not mean I have to be rude to the person. What does that say about me as a person if I were to be that way?

I may also not agree with a person but doesn't mean I have to be rude.

I too served in the military and if I was called up (still IRR) then I would be ready to roll under the current President even though I did not vote for him nor do I agree with his policies.

Good post RK....it bothers me the name calling also.

Lainee

Roger Perry
07-15-2010, 01:54 PM

Here ya go. Just double click on birth certificate to enlarge.

(UPDATE: Alan Keyes stoked the Obama birth certificate controversy anew in February 2009. See Ticket coverage here.) (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/02/obama-birth-cer.html)
[See August update here (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/08/mystery-solved.html).]
First, last fall, there were all kinds of people, a number of them Ron Paul supporters, dashing from Internet site to Internet site suggesting that John McCain (http://topics.latimes.com/politics/people/john-mccain) could not serve as president of the United States.
That was because he was born outside the United States and, therefore, not native-born, as presidents must be constitutionally.
McCain was, in fact, born in a U.S. military hospital in thehttp://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/images/2008/06/13/bobirthcertificate.jpg (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/13/bobirthcertificate.jpg) Panama Canal Zone, where his father was serving in the Navy. That was, in fact, American-controlled territory at the time.
More importantly, his parents were both American citizens, so he could have been born on Mars and still been an American at birth. And a sense of the Senate resolution took care of any lingering doubts.
Now come the rumors about Barack Obama's (http://topics.latimes.com/politics/people/barack-obama) birthplace, that he was really born in his father's native Kenya, so like Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was born in Austria, he can't become a U.S. president.
Same rule would apply as for McCain. Obama's mother was an American. So is her son.
The Obama campaign has provided at The Ticket's request what it says is a copy of the Illinois senator's official birth certificate, reproduced here, showing he was born in Hawaii on Aug. 4, 1961, at 7:24 p.m., which means he was late for dinner, just like a politician. Click on the photo to enlarge for reading.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html

troy schwab
07-15-2010, 01:54 PM

I fell pretty much the same way, and until that changes, well consider me angry....... sorry if I offended anyone.

david gibson
07-15-2010, 02:10 PM
http://freedomedium.com/2009/07/birth-certificate-vs-certification-of-live-birth/

http://peoplespassions.org/peoplesvoice/BirthCerts/Archive/Birth_Certificate.htm

"As long as an adult can walk into Hawaii’s version of the Department of Records and provide proof that they are a legal resident of Hawaii, the document is issued.

The child, on the other hand, could have been born in Hawaii, Kenya, or a back-alley in Budapest."

just food fo' thought........

kb27_99
07-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Why dont we call him by his full name?

Barack Hussein Obama

Opps that offends people as well.

just my 2cents

mjh345
07-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Great post Stan

gman0046
07-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Roger Perry thank you for posting a birth certificate supposedly for obama. However maybe you can fill us in on how he became a millionaire when he NEVER held a job in the business world. Also how did he get into Harvard when he lived in Indonesia? I saw a picture of his Indonesian passport. Was he a foreign exchange student? Why would he be a foreign exchange student if he was an American citizen? Why won't they produce the Harvard documentation?

YardleyLabs
07-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Talk about ridiculous dead horses. Obama's brth certificate has been produced both publicly and in court repeatedly, including for review by the Supreme Court. Also produced have been affidavits by the responsible Hawaiian officials sating that they have reviewed al original documentation and found it to be in order. Finally, even birth announcements published in local papers at the time as reported by the hospital have been made public. Based on overwhelming evidence. every court has dismissed challenges to Obama's citizenship and eligibility under the Constitution for the office of President.That this information is completely disregarded by birthers and the President derogatorily characterized as that "Kenyan" is something that I tend to view as racially motivated. However, whether racially motivated or not, it is completely irrational (i.e. without reason). Obama only lived in Indonesia when he was quite young. Most of his pre-college schooling was in the US. Personally, I attended school in Switzerland beginning in 7th grade and was able to attend an Ivy League school despite that disability.

With respect to Obama's status as a millionaire, it is a status only recently achieved. How did he do it? He wrote multiple best sellers before he became President. The information is clearly on record in his financial disclosures. The books themselves are pretty good as biographies go, and a pretty large number of people bought them. This was helped by his Presidential campaign, but his first book was a best seller before he ever announced his candidacy (although after he gave the keynote address at the 1996 Democratic Convention).

Stan, I agree with your statement on name calling with respect to our Presidents. A certain respect is due the office, which represents 300 million Americans, whether or not one likes the incumbent. I believed and continue to believe that George W. Bush will be remembered in history as one of the worst and most damaging Presidents in our nation's history. That does not change the fact that he was my President for eight years even though I voted against him in each election. This goes to the essence of being citizens of a demicratic republic.

gman0046
07-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Yardley you look exactly like I expected.

Blackstone
07-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Talk about ridiculous dead horses. Obama's brth certificate has been produced both publicly and in court repeatedly, including for review by the Supreme Court. Also produced have been affidavits by the responsible Hawaiian officials sating that they have reviewed al original documentation and found it to be in order. Finally, even birth announcements published in local papers at the time as reported by the hospital have been made public. Based on overwhelming evidence. every court has dismissed challenges to Obama's citizenship and eligibility under the Constitution for the office of President.That this information is completely disregarded by birthers and the President derogatorily characterized as that "Kenyan" is something that I tend to view as racially motivated. However, whether racially motivated or not, it is completely irrational (i.e. without reason). Obama only lived in Indonesia when he was quite young. Most of his pre-college schooling was in the US. Personally, I attended school in Switzerland beginning in 7th grade and was able to attend an Ivy League school despite that disability.

With respect to Obama's status as a millionaire, it is a status only recently achieved. How did he do it? He wrote multiple best sellers before he became President. The information is clearly on record in his financial disclosures. The books themselves are pretty good as biographies go, and a pretty large number of people bought them. This was helped by his Presidential campaign, but his first book was a best seller before he ever announced his candidacy (although after he gave the keynote address at the 1996 Democratic Convention).

Stan, I agree with your statement on name calling with respect to our Presidents. A certain respect is due the office, which represents 300 million Americans, whether or not one likes the incumbent. I believed and continue to believe that George W. Bush will be remembered in history as one of the worst and most damaging Presidents in our nation's history. That does not change the fact that he was my President for eight years even though I voted against him in each election. This goes to the essence of being citizens of a demicratic republic.

It probably doesn't matter how much proof is produced, some people are not going to believe it because it doesn't fit their agenda.

paul young
07-15-2010, 09:26 PM
It probably doesn't matter how much proof is produced, some people are not going to believe it because it doesn't fit their agenda.

and besides, Jeff looks exactly like he expected, so there you have it....

but we have no idea what Gman looks like, what his real name is or where he comes from. heck, he might not even have proof that he's an american citizen.

can trolls become citizens?-Paul

YardleyLabs
07-16-2010, 04:51 AM
and besides, Jeff looks exactly like he expected, so there you have it....

but we have no idea what Gman looks like, what his real name is or where he comes from. heck, he might not even have proof that he's an american citizen.

can trolls become citizens?-Paul
Hey, I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror, and expected to look like this.....

http://jeffgoodwin.com/jeff_34.jpg

Instead I found the guy in that other picture. It's amazing what a difference almost 30 years can make.:D

cotts135
07-16-2010, 05:56 AM

Funny how when progressives, liberals or even some centrist Republicans said that they were no longer in agreement with President Bush, they were immediately labeled as unamerican or traitors. Do you consider yourself a traitor? I doubt it nor should you. Think what you might about the President.................. but don't let your hate blind you from the facts. First the guy is not a Kenyan, this is a dead horse issue that only extremists believe, second what do you mean "amass his wealth" before he became a senator from Illinois he was no better off than many of his colleagues and certainly could not be considered wealthy. I know for some these conspiracy theories look attractive, but if you look a little deeper you can certaily find some things based on facts that you do not like about the President.

Gerry Clinchy
07-16-2010, 06:48 AM
I am also of the opinion that the birth certificate issue is a dead horse, but not quite convinced that his rise, by the age of 35, to being a Senator and speaker at the Dem Natl Convention is a Horatio Alger story.

If you figure he got out of law school around age 24, that gave him just 11 years (to 1996) to reach those heights. In the interim, he somewhere found the money to travel to Kenya (not mentioning vacation time needed to do that if he had had a job). Did he pay for his Ivy League education with student loans? If not, who paid for that? I believe there was some mention of some wealthy, politically well-connected Chicagoan who contributed to the college funding.

If he spent about 2 years as a low-paid community organizer, that gave him only 9 more years (about, maybe less due to the Kenyan vacation) to reach the speech at the Natl Convention. During that time, two children arrived as well. If his first book didn't start really selling until after that (1996), what was his financial "history" to that point?

Michelle also had a job, so the cumulative income was probably quite comfortable. After O began to rise politically, that opened the door to Michelle's $300,000 job which was discontinued when Michelle left the position.

Like it or not, he's our President till 2012. If you don't like it, then you'll need more than the old birth certificate issue to change things in 2012. As an incumbent, there should be plenty of things by then that can be pointed to by opponents to his re-election.

ducknwork
07-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Talk about ridiculous dead horses. Obama's brth certificate has been produced both publicly and in court repeatedly, including for review by the Supreme Court. Also produced have been affidavits by the responsible Hawaiian officials sating that they have reviewed al original documentation and found it to be in order. Finally, even birth announcements published in local papers at the time as reported by the hospital have been made public. Based on overwhelming evidence. every court has dismissed challenges to Obama's citizenship and eligibility under the Constitution for the office of President.That this information is completely disregarded by birthers and the President derogatorily characterized as that "Kenyan" is something that I tend to view as racially motivated. However, whether racially motivated or not, it is completely irrational (i.e. without reason).

I was right there with you until you brought race into it...:rolleyes: Don't quite see how that fits...:confused:

YardleyLabs
07-16-2010, 07:10 AM
I am also of the opinion that the birth certificate issue is a dead horse, but not quite convinced that his rise, by the age of 35, to being a Senator and speaker at the Dem Natl Convention is a Horatio Alger story.

If you figure he got out of law school around age 24, that gave him just 11 years (to 1996) to reach those heights. In the interim, he somewhere found the money to travel to Kenya (not mentioning vacation time needed to do that if he had had a job). Did he pay for his Ivy League education with student loans? If not, who paid for that? I believe there was some mention of some wealthy, politically well-connected Chicagoan who contributed to the college funding.

If he spent about 2 years as a low-paid community organizer, that gave him only 9 more years (about, maybe less due to the Kenyan vacation) to reach the speech at the Natl Convention. During that time, two children arrived as well. If his first book didn't start really selling until after that (1996), what was his financial "history" to that point?

Michelle also had a job, so the cumulative income was probably quite comfortable. After O began to rise politically, that opened the door to Michelle's $300,000 job which was discontinued when Michelle left the position.

Like it or not, he's our President till 2012. If you don't like it, then you'll need more than the old birth certificate issue to change things in 2012. As an incumbent, there should be plenty of things by then that can be pointed to by opponents to his re-election.
Harvard, lik my alma mater, provides scholarships to every admitted student as needed to meet 100% of their financial need. That is not to say that no contribution is required, but two-thirds of students receive financial aid and that aid pays 100% of the bills for about one-third of students. If you are highly qualified in the eyes of the school (test scores are a relatively small part of that determination), and you have no money, it is cheaper to attend Harvard or Princeton than it is to attend your local community college.When I attended graduate school at Princeton, I paid absolutely nothing to the University and had no loans. They paid me a monthly stipend to cover the cost of my apartment, meals, and books. Financial need is not considered in making admission decisions.

ducknwork
07-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Redistribution of wealth?:-x Students who can afford pay extra so those who can't pay nothing?????

:D;)Just jerkin' your chain...

YardleyLabs
07-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Redistribution of wealth?:-x Students who can afford pay extra so those who can't pay nothing?????

:D;)Just jerkin' your chain...
In Princeton's case it stems from having an endowment contributed by alumni and invested wisely over time that now total about $20 billion for a University with only 6-7,000 students (i.e. and endowment that totals about $3 million per student). The tuition, room and board costs now run over $45,000 per year. However, the actual average cost of the school is about $150,000+ per student per year. Tuition income represents only a relatively small amount of revenues with endowment income contributing most of the balance. Harvard has a larger endowment overall, although its endowment is less on a per student basis. You are right that there is income redistribution. However, it is from prior generations to future ones -- the opposite of what we do as a country where we steal from the future to avoid paying our bills now. Unlike most universities, over 60% of Princeton alumni contribute money to the University every year. I don't know the statistics for Harvard.

ducknwork
07-16-2010, 07:23 AM
In Princeton's case it stems from having an endowment contributed by alumni and invested wisely over time that now total about $20 billion for a University with only 6-7,000 students (i.e. and endowment that totals about $3 million per student). The tuition, room and board costs now run over $45,000 per year. However, the actual average cost of the school is about $150,000+ per student per year. Tuition income represents only a relatively small amount of revenues with endowment income contributing most of the balance. Harvard has a larger endowment overall, although its endowment is less on a per student basis. You are right that there is income redistribution. However, it is from prior generations to future ones -- the opposite of what we do as a country where we steal from the future to avoid paying our bills now. Unlike most universities, over 60% of Princeton alumni contribute money to the University every year. I don't know the statistics for Harvard.

Very impressive. Note that my comment was actually in jest...

BrianW
07-16-2010, 08:56 AM
I prefer to refer to the man as PBO in the same manner that we acronym POTUS, SCOTUS etc.
I believe he has done enough damage to the dignity of the Office and doesn't need help.
But for those that chose to denigrate any past POTUS as "Dubya", "Bubba", "Cowboy", "Ray-gun", et al to get upset at negativism about the current occupant strikes me as a bit on the laughable.

road kill
07-16-2010, 09:39 AM
I prefer to refer to the man as PBO in the same manner that we acronym POTUS, SCOTUS etc.
I believe he has done enough damage to the dignity of the Office and doesn't need help.
But for those that chose to denigrate any past POTUS as "Dubya", "Bubba", "Cowboy", "Ray-gun", et al to get upset at negativism about the current occupant strikes me as a bit on the laughable.
Brian,
I started this thread in reference to RP calling President Bush "dumbya" and someone else calling President Obama "Obongo."
both offensive and derisive in forethought.
Not that I credit either of those 2 for thinking before they post.

I did not intend it to turn into a debate on politics or another platform for Yardleys 15 paragraphs of pompous verbosity lamenting his yearning for a secular progressive /Marxist America.

I was raised that to get respect you have to give it.

Duty, Honor, Country--we will fix this.

just sayin.........

stan b

gman0046
07-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Yardley, what's the problem calling Obama a Kenyan? Thats a fact that can't be disputed.

mjh345
07-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Yardley, what's the problem calling Obama a Kenyan? Thats a fact that can't be disputed.

gman, How many "undisputed facts" can you have disproven in one thread?

gman0046
07-16-2010, 06:06 PM
mjh345, i've yet to see an intelligent post from you. One sentence is all you've ever posted.

YardleyLabs
07-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Can't be disputed because you believe it or can't be disputed because you have actual evidence? His father, who left when he was two, was Kenyan. Under our laws that makes him half Kenyan by ancestry and not Kenyan at all by nationality. What facts do you have to prove otherwise. Obama has already submitted his facts -- made public repeatedly -- to the Supreme Court along with multiple other courts. Birthers, despite repeated efforts, have had their charges dismissed each and every time because they have no evidence at all. They complain that they have no evidence because Obama has refused to reply to their efforts at discovery. Of course, what the have demanded are documents proving he is not an American. It's hard to supply something that doesn't exist. I understand that fact hold little weight compared with prejudice, but to humor us, why don't you try presenting some.

By the way, under Kenyan law he could have claimed Kenyan citizenship had he so chosen. Under US law he could not do so without formally renouncing his US citizenship as an adult by filing written documents with the State Department.

gman0046
07-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Yardley Google obamas Indonesian passport and you'll see he admits to having one.I again ask you the question, was he admitted to Harvard as a foreign exchange student? If so why? If he was an American citizen how could he do that?

YardleyLabs
07-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Yardley Google obamas Indonesian passport and you'll see he admits to having one.I again ask you the question, was he admitted to Harvard as a foreign exchange student? If so why? If he was an American citizen how could he do that?
Having an Indonesian passport while he was a small child in Indonesian living with his stepfather, does not affect his US citizenship in any way whatsoever. US law allows minors to maintain multiple citizenships (my son-in-law had an American passport by birth and a British passport by parentage. My younger sister -- before her death -- was eligible for both US and Swiss passports.). Obama was in Indonesia for four years, from age 6 to age 10. At the age of 10, Obama returned to Hawaii to live with his grandparents. He attended Punahou Academy for high school where he played basketball and graduated with honors. Following high school, Obama went to Occidental College and then transferred to Columbia where he received his Bachelor's Degree in 1983 (See http://www.college.columbia.edu/news/barack-obama-83-becomes-first-college-alumnus-to-win-presidency for confirmation). Obama spent the next few years working before attending Harvard Law School where he was elected editor of the Law Review in 1990. He graduated with his J.D. in 1991.

paul young
07-16-2010, 07:12 PM
i think gman might be a Kenyan. i mean, how do we know he is not? he doesn't seem to have a real name.......-Paul

mjh345
07-16-2010, 07:15 PM
mjh345, i've yet to see an intelligent post from you. One sentence is all you've ever posted.

Brevity may be the only thing that could improve your posts.
You won't be able to spew as much hatred and inaccuracies if you would limit your posts to one sentence.

Have a good day Skippy!!

jwh1949
07-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Boy, I sure wish folks would educate themselves before they open their mouths. Although they are quite amusing.

troy schwab
07-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Here are some more questions on Obama:

Information posted on Barack Obama’s own site indicate that the Presidential candidate was a Kenyan citizen until 1982.

The shocking declaration, quoted from FactCheck.org, appears on the page featuring a document the Obama campaign purports to be his Certificate of Live Birth.

“When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1982.”

The Obama campaign’s decision to post a reprinted Certificate of Live Birth rather than an actual Birth Certificate has raised eyebrows among those looking into Obama’s past; a past on which the candidate seems determined to keep a tight lid. There is a laundry list of documents that the Obama campaign has either refused to release or claimed are unavailable and lost.

1. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate
2. Columbia College records
3. Columbia Thesis paper
4. Certification of Live Birth showing where born
5. Harvard College records
6. Illinois State Senate records
7. Illinois State Senate schedule
8. Law practice client list and billing records/summary
9. Locations and names of all half-siblings and step-mothers
10. Medical records (only the one page summary released so far)
11. Occidental College records
12. Parent’s Marriage Certificate
13. Record of baptism
14. Selective Service Registration
15. Trips schedules for trips outside of the United States before 2007
16. Scholarly articles
17. Campaign donor analysis requested by 7 major watchdog groups”

Additionally, the AP has an image of Barack Obama’s Indonesian School Registration which lists the candidate, then traveling under the name Barry Soetoro, as both an Indonesian citizen and a Muslim.

No one else finds any of this odd???

Conspiracy theory regards..........ROFL

YardleyLabs
07-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Here are some more questions on Obama:

Information posted on Barack Obama’s own site indicate that the Presidential candidate was a Kenyan citizen until 1982.

The shocking declaration, quoted from FactCheck.org, appears on the page featuring a document the Obama campaign purports to be his Certificate of Live Birth.

“When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

Since Sen. Obama has neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor sworn an oath of allegiance to Kenya, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on Aug. 4,1982.”

The Obama campaign’s decision to post a reprinted Certificate of Live Birth rather than an actual Birth Certificate has raised eyebrows among those looking into Obama’s past; a past on which the candidate seems determined to keep a tight lid. There is a laundry list of documents that the Obama campaign has either refused to release or claimed are unavailable and lost.

1. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate
2. Columbia College records
3. Columbia Thesis paper
4. Certification of Live Birth showing where born
5. Harvard College records
6. Illinois State Senate records
7. Illinois State Senate schedule
8. Law practice client list and billing records/summary
9. Locations and names of all half-siblings and step-mothers
10. Medical records (only the one page summary released so far)
11. Occidental College records
12. Parent’s Marriage Certificate
13. Record of baptism
14. Selective Service Registration
15. Trips schedules for trips outside of the United States before 2007
16. Scholarly articles
17. Campaign donor analysis requested by 7 major watchdog groups”

Additionally, the AP has an image of Barack Obama’s Indonesian School Registration which lists the candidate, then traveling under the name Barry Soetoro, as both an Indonesian citizen and a Muslim.

No one else finds any of this odd???

Conspiracy theory regards..........ROFL
Many countries permit dual citizenship. Others do not. Obama was eligible for Kenyan citizenship based on his father's Kenyan citizenship and he was eligible for US citizenship by birth. He became eligible for Indonesian citizenship based on his mother's marriage to an Indonesian. The only legal way for Obama to lose his US citizenship is to renounce it formally.

1. Certified copy of birth certificate -- birth certificates are dictated by state law. The certificate published by Obama is the official certificate provided by Hawaii. The responsible official in Hawaii have submitted affidavits in court indicating that they have reviewed all original records and that Obama was, in fact born in the United States and that is birth certificate is valid. No other proof is required.

The other information you mention is irrelevant to questions of citizenship. Lots of information was provided during the campaign and all legally required filings were made. None of it has anything to do with his eligibility for office or the validity of his election.

paul young
07-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Many countries permit dual citizenship. Others do not. Obama was eligible for Kenyan citizenship based on his father's Kenyan citizenship and he was eligible for US citizenship by birth. He became eligible for Indonesian citizenship based on his mother's marriage to an Indonesian. The only legal way for Obama to lose his US citizenship is to renounce it formally.

1. Certified copy of birth certificate -- birth certificates are dictated by state law. The certificate published by Obama is the official certificate provided by Hawaii. The responsible official in Hawaii have submitted affidavits in court indicating that they have reviewed all original records and that Obama was, in fact born in the United States and that is birth certificate is valid. No other proof is required.

The other information you mention is irrelevant to questions of citizenship. Lots of information was provided during the campaign and all legally required filings were made. None of it has anything to do with his eligibility for office or the validity of his election.

-unless you hate him. then everything is relevant-Paul

troy schwab
07-16-2010, 08:17 PM
One out of twenty aint bad........ I guess.. he's just the president.

and assuming your comment was directed at me PAUL, no I dont hate him..... thats a little strong...... but I am concerned... as any american should be, that we know so little about the "leader" of this nation. And the fact he has gone out of his way to keep his past so secretive. Hell, someone on here probably knows who Palin's gyno is........ but she didnt win now did she.......

K G
07-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Any chance we can get back to using the political process laid out in the Constitution to press for change, instead of focusing on matters that...frankly, by this time...don't matter?

Good post, RK...some folks just don't get it. I didn't vote for BHO, I don't support the majority of his policies, and feel strongly that he was elected ONLY because of the horrible job Bush 43 did in his second term. No Republican could've beaten ANY Democratic candidate for President in Nov. '08...'cept maybe Hillary...but that's another subject...;-). That said, we are where we are, and we can only create change for the BETTER by avoiding destructive, meaningless attacks (birth certificate...really? Is that all we've got? :rolleyes:) and focus on first taking away his checkbook (this November) and then on making him a one-term POTUS (Nov '12).

There is a process. Childish name-calling is not part of it.

k g

troy schwab
07-16-2010, 08:20 PM
And Yardley..... I could truely care less about his citizenship.... he already attained the position......... What I, and you, should have been more concerned with in that little blurb..... is the muslim part of his school registration...... oh did you miss that????? This president is a joke, and I am ashamed of him.

YardleyLabs
07-16-2010, 08:31 PM
And Yardley..... I could truely care less about his citizenship.... he already attained the position......... What I, and you, should have been more concerned with in that little blurb..... is the muslim part of his school registration...... oh did you miss that????? This president is a joke, and I am ashamed of him.
OMG! From the age of 6-8, he attended a school with instruction in the Muslim religion. And to make it worse, he then attended a Catholic school for the next two years. So now we have a man who has been thoroughly brain washed and will be condemned to re-fighting the Crusades for the next millennium on both sides! Personally, I distrust all religious fundamentalists when it comes to matters of governance because people who believe God is exclusively on their side tend not to be very tolerant of the beliefs of others. Fortunately such people were not well represented in that pack of liberal radicals that authored our Constitution.

mjh345
07-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Any chance we can get back to using the political process laid out in the Constitution to press for change, instead of focusing on matters that...frankly, by this time...don't matter?

Good post, RK...some folks just don't get it. I didn't vote for BHO, I don't support the majority of his policies, and feel strongly that he was elected ONLY because of the horrible job Bush 43 did in his second term. No Republican could've beaten ANY Democratic candidate for President in Nov. '08...'cept maybe Hillary...but that's another subject...;-). That said, we are where we are, and we can only create change for the BETTER by avoiding destructive, meaningless attacks (birth certificate...really? Is that all we've got? :rolleyes:) and focus on first taking away his checkbook (this November) and then on making him a one-term POTUS (Nov '12).

There is a process. Childish name-calling is not part of it.

k g

Well said Keith

BrianW
07-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Brian,
I started this thread in reference to RP calling President Bush "dumbya" and someone else calling President Obama "Obongo."
both offensive and derisive in forethought.
Not that I credit either of those 2 for thinking before they post.

I did not intend it to turn into a debate on politics or another platform for Yardleys 15 paragraphs of pompous verbosity lamenting his yearning for a secular progressive /Marxist America.

I was raised that to get respect you have to give it.

Duty, Honor, Country--we will fix this.

just sayin.........
stan b

Stan, I totally understood the reason for your OP.
My comment about the "names" was not directed at you per se, but rather at the whole idea & others who have decried the picking on "their" candidate(s)" while doing the same to the opposition. Sorry I didn't make that clear enough.

Not to argue semantics, but I was raised that, respect, beyond those of basic human rights, has to be earned.
It is done so by (in part) saying what you mean, meaning what you say and then following through with it.
PBO fails on all 3 accounts in my view, though this is not something unique to him.
I've referred to representatives as "Congresscritters" and the like because of the disrespect they bring upon themselves, and consequently on the rest of us. For example, I think that the 'mistake' acronym made out of the President's last name is appropriate & fitting. If it disrespects the man or the Presidency, is derisive or offensive in forethought, it's because the man has brought it on himself and the Office.

I hope that we can get through this, though I don't share the certainty that we will.
Duty seems to have been replaced by Expediency, Honor is becoming rarer by the day, and Country ? Let's just say (to paraphase Jerry Doyle's book title) I haven't seen my Country lately :(

M&K's Retrievers
07-20-2010, 11:07 PM
I really don't like or trust Obama but can we agree to call him Obama or BHO or President? Our attitudes and pride need to improve even tho we may not like or respect the person holding the office.

ducknwork
07-21-2010, 07:15 AM
M&K, I am beginning to think that getting some folks to act respectfully is like getting blood from a turnip. It ain't happenin'.

gman0046
07-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Someone has to gain respect. He hasn't gained my respect. He's a lying muslim called Obongo.

Blackstone
07-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Someone has to gain respect. He hasn't gained my respect. He's a lying muslim called Obongo.

Typical :rolleyes:

Ken Bora
07-21-2010, 11:01 AM

Typical :rolleyes:

Yes,
Very,

It’s red necks like that, that give red necks like me a bad image.
Yet when reading it I can’t help but feel thankful for the country we live in.
That allows free people to speak whatever is on their mind.
No matter how filled with hate and intolerance it may be.

God Bless the United States of America!

Imagine gman typing that about Hugo or Kim?

Just saying…..;-)

Clint Watts
07-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes,
Very,

It’s red necks like that, that give red necks like me a bad image.
Yet when reading it I can’t help but feel thankful for the country we live in.
That allows free people to speak whatever is on their mind.
No matter how filled with hate and intolerance it may be.

God Bless the United States of America!

Imagine gman typing that about Hugo or Kim?

Just saying…..;-)

Very well said, gman does not speak for me. As to the redneck comment, here is the definition of redneck as I was taught:

A hard working man that keeps his head down working in the sun, hence the red neck. Can be attributed to any race or ethnic background.

Foxworthy really screwed that up.