PDA

View Full Version : The Economy and spending cuts

cotts135
07-20-2010, 06:43 AM
It was interesting to see this week on Meet the Press David Gregory pushed Representative Sessions and Senator Cornyn on specific cuts that they were willing to make to the budget. As usual both pols danced around the question without being specific. I think Gregory did a good job of pointing out how unwilling they are to be specific. I also see that Chris Wallace on Fox also questioned them specifically on what cuts they are considering and he got no further than Gregory. .
I think it is time that Politicians be held responsible for there positions, and that includes Democrats who are thinking of raising taxes, and that when we hear that we are going to clean up waste, fraud, and abuse we understand that all that really means is that" I am telling you something that you want to hear and by doing so I don't have to be specific."

subroc
07-20-2010, 07:16 AM
I didn't see the interview.

I agree. What cuts they are willing to make, even philosophically, what programs they believe are worthy of cutting or limiting the growth of, are worthy questions and deserving of answers.

All politicians are pretty much cut from the same cloth.

Gerry Clinchy
07-20-2010, 08:21 AM
A good point made on the Hugh Hewitt program yesterday ... with trillions of dollars in the budget, there is surely SOMETHING that can be cut!

ducknwork
07-20-2010, 10:08 AM
A good point made on the Hugh Hewitt program yesterday ... with trillions of dollars in the budget, there is surely NOTHING that can be cut without losing some votes!

Fixed it for ya!

:(

Franco
07-20-2010, 10:09 AM
They could start by cutting the size of the Federal Government! The size has gotten way out of control and the number of people on the government's dole is insane. There are many departments that can be cut entirely as well as the benefits that go to these bureacrats.

The current administration is growing the Frderal Government by leaps and bounds to the detrement of the tax payer.

After the Feds kill off tax payers, then where will they get thier money?

M&K's Retrievers
07-20-2010, 11:35 AM
They could start by cutting the size of the Federal Government! The size has gotten way out of control and the number of people on the government's dole is insane. There are many departments that can be cut entirely as well as the benefits that go to these bureacrats.

The current administration is growing the Frderal Government by leaps and bounds to the detrement of the tax payer.

After the Feds kill off tax payers, then where will they get thier money?

Why not start with the IRS?

Franco
07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Why not start with the IRS?

With the corruption we have in pork projects and the nitwits running the IRS, I am all for a Flat Tax or Sales Tax and the abolishment of the IRS!