PDA

View Full Version : Even though I am against extending unemployment

troy schwab
07-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Even though I am against extending unemployment...... How do those AMERICANS feel when they read the USA today... today. Hillary decided to give Pakistan $500 million for infrastructure improvements...... WHAT!!!! This is whats wrong with our country....... I'm no math wizard but Im sure 500 mil what put a hell of a dent in the cost of extending benefits. BTW, I am against that........ TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN!!!!!!!!! IF THE GOVERNMENT WONT, WE WILL!!!!!!!! The last place I want my tax dollars spent is in some third world country that likes to harbor terrorists...... PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A$$ D.C.!!!!!!!!!! Sorry had to vent.......

Back to your regular programming.........

irritated regards.....

road kill
07-20-2010, 08:54 AM
And what % of Pakistanis pay taxes?

rk

Ken Bora
07-20-2010, 09:11 AM
While I agree that some small percentage of folk are trying very hard to find work and do need the extensions. What I see the most of is the 4 story building I look at out the window at work. The low income housing folk who do not work at all and let their stack of WIC milk and food sit out in the hot sun until 1:00 in the afternoon when they come to (read as wake up). Folk who’s idea of a pay raise is having another kid.
So we are gonna build roads in Pakistan? Cool, pack up the population in the building next to me and let um work. We can call in the Hoe to backhoe program!

Franco
07-20-2010, 09:33 AM
That sounds about right, lets try to buy thier loyality by paying them a tribute sum of money!

Just a reflection of our sick Foreign Policy!

We would be better served paying that money when they bring us Osama's head on a platter and we withdraw from A'stan.

If we are going to pay tribute for peace, we might as well get something in return!

cycler
07-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Serious question. Are any of the foreign aid dollars accounted for, once we dispense them? Do we have any say at all about how Pakistan, or any other beneficiary country, spends our foreign aid dollars? I really, as we all, should know this, but, I do not.

As far as the unemployment part of the thread, one can make arguments both ways...some people play the system, for sure, others are caught up in the general downsizing and shrinking economy, the latter deserve the help that unemployment gives them.

Franco
07-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Serious question. Are any of the foreign aid dollars accounted for, once we dispense them? Do we have any say at all about how Pakistan, or any other beneficiary country, spends our foreign aid dollars? I really, as we all, should know this, but, I do not.

As far as the unemployment part of the thread, one can make arguments both ways...some people play the system, for sure, others are caught up in the general downsizing and shrinking economy, the latter deserve the help that unemployment gives them.

No we don't. We give them the $ for the designated project and we might take a peak at the work in progress. What we are not privy to is the brother-in-law deals, the under the table kickbacks etc.

Much of Foreign Aide is nothing more than US tax payers financing political corruption.