PDA

View Full Version : sherrod should keep her resignation!

david gibson
07-21-2010, 08:12 PM
why should she take her job back?

this woman will be the hottest ticket on the speaking engagement circuit. she appeals to all - she can talk to NAACP types and tea party people both about the absurdities of knee-jerk racism name calling in this country THAT BOTH SIDES ARE GUILTY OF.

and after listening to Breitbart - i stand by him. he was only trying to show the racism in NAACP as a whole - the cheering of her statements - BEFORE she told the rest of the story. there was no intention of misleading. breitbart is not dump, he is not going to make a misleading video knowing that the rest of the video is out there to dispute him. he is only guilty of underestimating a rockfall.

shirley sherrod should be a millionaire in the next year. you go girl!!!!!

seriously - i think she is the ONE person who bring us all together!

YardleyLabs
07-21-2010, 09:07 PM

this woman will be the hottest ticket on the speaking engagement circuit. she appeals to all - she can talk to NAACP types and tea party people both about the absurdities of knee-jerk racism name calling in this country THAT BOTH SIDES ARE GUILTY OF.

and after listening to Breitbart - i stand by him. he was only trying to show the racism in NAACP as a whole - the cheering of her statements - BEFORE she told the rest of the story. there was no intention of misleading. breitbart is not dump, he is not going to make a misleading video knowing that the rest of the video is out there to dispute him. he is only guilty of underestimating a rockfall.

David, I don't know if you have listened to the full tape or not. However, there is no cheering of anything when she says she didn't do all she could. There are understanding responses when she talks about having the man talk down to her, which is something most in the audience would have experienced. Breitbart attacked the characterr of this woman with no justification. Saying afterward, like the old gangsters, "It wasn't personal" is a bad joke. He did and he should be sued for slander.

Blackstone
07-21-2010, 09:27 PM
When I watched the original Breitbart video, I was left with the impression that this Sherrod failed to assist a farmer because he was white while she was in a position at the USDA. If I got that impression, I'm sure a lot of others did too. In fact, all you have to do is look back at the posts on this thread to see that most others on here thought the same thing.

Then, I listened to the entire video, and found she was telling this story as a parable about what she had learned from an experience that happened 24 years ago while she worked for another organization.

If Breitbart didn't intend for the video to be misleading, he sure didn't do a very good job of presenting it in the proper context. Has he issued an apology to Sherrod for unintentionally misleading so many people?

gman0046
07-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Now lets see the NAACP apologize for those who laughed about the white farmer. Don't hold your breath.

david gibson
07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
David, I don't know if you have listened to the full tape or not. However, there is no cheering of anything when she says she didn't do all she could. There are understanding responses when she talks about having the man talk down to her, which is something most in the audience would have experienced. Breitbart attacked the characterr of this woman with no justification. Saying afterward, like the old gangsters, "It wasn't personal" is a bad joke. He did and he should be sued for slander.

i have seen/heard the entire thing. our interpretations differ, no surprise. from your perspective, you are correct. but why would a man in his position and level of success purposely edit a tape knowing the full version is out there and likely to come to the surface after his own expose? he explained the reason he edited it/or accepted the dedited version and after watching both the edited and unedited versions i do not think he was attacking sherrod personally. he was showing the attitude within the NAACP. job well done, her initial racially biased remarks were met with approval.

but i am not surprised at your interpretation - totally ignoring the O administration to boot.

Sherrod herself said the call for her resignation came from the white house. of course the white house denies this - but WHY WOULD SHE LIE? why is her anger NOT at breitbart but at the Ag Dept and the white house? does anyone really think Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is where the buck stops on her "forced resignation"? puhhhhleeeeeze - who the hell is he?

i'll tell you who he is, he is a man who wants to keep his job because there is nothing else he can do, and when O told him to fall on his sword he fell like humpty dumpty. well, its likely more like "dead fish emanual" told him to take the pill or he would be getting a naked finger poked in his chest in a shower someday.

this administration is a JOKE. and Sherrod stands to make millions exposing their stupidity and bullying. unless, of course, she gets a dead fish on her doorstep this weekend.........

Buzz
07-21-2010, 09:46 PM
David, that is the story that he is out there peddling.

Who cares about the pawns that get destroyed along the way.

The end justifies the means.

david gibson
07-21-2010, 09:50 PM
David, that is the story that he is out there peddling.

Who cares about the pawns that get destroyed along the way.

The end justifies the means.

ohhhhh, thats right buzz. the other side is always wrong and your messiah's administration is always right.

remember the "transparency" we were promised???? where is it???

you are such a fool for following this man.

david gibson
07-21-2010, 10:07 PM
lets look at it this way: IF Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is correct that it was entirely HIS decision and there was no pressure from the white house - then he should be fired period. if he fired her for a false reason, then he is an inept supervisor.

but he wont be - and we all know why. he was actually told that he will keep his job by falling on the sword.

you have to be a complete idiot not to see through this. here, at last, is true obama transparency!!!!!

Goose
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Breitbart is a genius and should be congratulated for exposing the NAALCP for what it is. They threw this woman under the bus in no time based on what some cracker conservative blogger posted up on the web without even looking into it. That's hilarious. What an operation.

And Breitbart exposed Obama and his research challenged staff for what they are, too. "Let's get rid of this woman before Fox News and their boogerman Glenn Beck get a hold of the story." I thought the White House wasn't skeered of Fox News but apparently they are. They got punked by Breitbart.

Mrs. Sherrod should tell the bums at the White House and the NAALCP to stick it.

Gerry Clinchy
07-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Breitbart was remiss in placing all his emphasis on the first part of the tape, and not giving Sherrod credit for having come to the right conclusion that poor farmers who didn't "know the ropes" were getting poor service, as well as the poor, black farmers.

There's no question that the first part of the tape that seemed to indict Sherrod got the big splash, not the full story.

Both the NAACP and her boss did her a grave injustice as well in not checking their facts before unjustly tossing her under the bus.

In this case, both the white farmer and the black bureaucrat (and maybe some of us) discovered that respect and integrity are not determined by color.

Have to agree with Dave on this ... she doesn't have take her job back. She should certainly be able to earn a living from speaking engagements. In fact, if I were in her position, I'm not so sure I would want to work for a boss like that.

cotts135
07-22-2010, 06:27 AM
i have seen/heard the entire thing. our interpretations differ, no surprise. from your perspective, you are correct. but why would a man in his position and level of success purposely edit a tape knowing the full version is out there and likely to come to the surface after his own expose? he explained the reason he edited it/or accepted the dedited version and after watching both the edited and unedited versions i do not think he was attacking sherrod personally. he was showing the attitude within the NAACP. job well done, her initial racially biased remarks were met with approval.

but i am not surprised at your interpretation - totally ignoring the O administration to boot.

Sherrod herself said the call for her resignation came from the white house. of course the white house denies this - but WHY WOULD SHE LIE? why is her anger NOT at breitbart but at the Ag Dept and the white house? does anyone really think Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is where the buck stops on her "forced resignation"? puhhhhleeeeeze - who the hell is he?

i'll tell you who he is, he is a man who wants to keep his job because there is nothing else he can do, and when O told him to fall on his sword he fell like humpty dumpty. well, its likely more like "dead fish emanual" told him to take the pill or he would be getting a naked finger poked in his chest in a shower someday.

this administration is a JOKE. and Sherrod stands to make millions exposing their stupidity and bullying. unless, of course, she gets a dead fish on her doorstep this weekend.........

You really have to be kidding me here. Listen, if this guy wants to consider himself a reporter or journalist in any form, then there has to be some form of responsibility on his part that he get the whole story and not just parts that might support his position. Your premise that the NAACP has racists elements withing is probably correct, but using this tape to prove that is weak at best.

YardleyLabs
07-22-2010, 07:26 AM
By Breitbart's own statements, he knew about the tape three months ago (he initially said he had the tape three months ago). He knew that his source had the full tape. He received the edited tape "s few days ago", posted it, and then received the full tape. None of that prevented him from posting and leaving up a tape that claimed that these events happened while Sherrod was employed by the USDA. In response the intense questioning, about what Breitbart had done to verify the accuracy of these erroneous statements, Breitbart said he had no way of knowing when the events happened, and he even questioned whether the Spooners were the people described in the incident. The question of timing is answered in the full tape. But his questioning of whether the Spooners were the family referenced is particularly absurd. Obviously, the only evidence that an "incident" even happened came from Ms Sherrod, with subsequent verification by the Spooners. It is apparent from his own comments on CNN that Mr. Breitbart did not care if the facts were being misrepresented or if Ms Sherrod was guilty of racism as the video charged. His only interest was in harming the NAACP and the administration. That is what he said over and over again. Of course, that is also prima fascia evidence of libel.

Breitbart is so used to slandering public figures that he seems to have forgotten that it is illegal to slander a private citizen. Maybe that is why they have been so quick to post a disclaimer on the Sherrod video so that it now says that the events described predate her employment at USDA. Of course, numerous other web sites, such as pushbacknow.com, have retained the original version and even added additional titles such as "Racist Shirley Sherrod Speaks to NAACP". What does Breitbart say about all this? "I feel sorry that they made this about her." News Flash Mr. Breitbart. You are guilty of slandering a private individual for malicious purposes. made it about her. Your guilt does not excuse the stupidity of the administration or the NAACP. Yjey should have known you are a pathological liar. You have made a career of it. For those who like to praise Breitbart for his heroism in exposing the administration and NAACP, I ask the question that the Breitbarts of the owrld like to ask. How would you feel if the colors of those involved were switched -- a video published by blacks that attempted to destroy a private person who was white? Look at the reactions during the campaign when Palin and McCain's plumber was being investigated for tax fraud.

david gibson
07-22-2010, 08:13 AM
listen to you liberals - all you want to do is blame breitbart - a journalist - a citizen - you have a choice to listen to him or not. but we have no choice but to accept the decisions of the mighty O. you are all so quick to place ALL the blame on breitbart while ignoring Obamas and his administrations involvement here. WHY WOULD SHERROD LIE AND SAY THAT THE PRESSURE TO PULL OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND WRITE HER RESIGNATION ON HER BLACKBERRY CAME FROM THE WHITE HOUSE BECAUSE THEY KNEW SHE WOULD BE ON GLENN BECK THAT NIGHT???? this is in her own words on tape. i thought GB was irrelevant to O??? at least thats what Gibbs keeps repeating....please

allow me to repeat myself:

" IF Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is correct that it was entirely HIS decision and there was no pressure from the white house - then he should be fired period. immediately. if he fired her for a false reason, then he is an inept supervisor. IF it was his decision, he fired her because of a report from a blogger that the administration vows they dont care about?? and he falsly invoked the white house as instructing him to fire her??? if thats not a fireable offense i dont know what is.

but he wont be - and we all know why. he was actually told that he will keep his job by falling on the sword for the messiah.

you have to be a complete idiot not to see through this. here, at last, is true obama transparency!!!!!"

cotts135
07-22-2010, 08:40 AM
listen to you liberals - all you want to do is blame breitbart - a journalist - a citizen - you have a choice to listen to him or not. but we have no choice but to accept the decisions of the mighty O. you are all so quick to place ALL the blame on breitbart while ignoring Obamas and his administrations involvement here. WHY WOULD SHERROD LIE AND SAY THAT THE PRESSURE TO PULL OVER TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND WRITE HER RESIGNATION ON HER BLACKBERRY CAME FROM THE WHITE HOUSE BECAUSE THEY KNEW SHE WOULD BE ON GLENN BECK THAT NIGHT???? this is in her own words on tape. i thought GB was irrelevant to O??? at least thats what Gibbs keeps repeating....please

" IF Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack is correct that it was entirely HIS decision and there was no pressure from the white house - then he should be fired period. immediately. if he fired her for a false reason, then he is an inept supervisor. IF it was his decision, he fired her because of a report from a blogger that the administration vows they dont care about?? and he falsly invoked the white house as instructing him to fire her??? if thats not a fireable offense i dont know what is.

but he wont be - and we all know why. he was actually told that he will keep his job by falling on the sword for the messiah.

you have to be a complete idiot not to see through this. here, at last, is true obama transparency!!!!!"

In this instance I agree with you. The Obama administration screwed this one up but good. This has been a continuing theme with this administration that when the Right wing noise machine starts reporting edited and slanted material that fits there agenda, the administration has this knee jerk reaction where they feel compelled to either request resignations or support to cut off funding for an organization. Hopefully maybe they have learned a lesson to get the full story before they react.

Gerry Clinchy
07-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Sherrod appears to be a very honest person.

"I really regret what they did. But as I said before, he's my president," Sherrod said. "When you get it down to where the rubber meets the road, I think you need to understand a little more what life is like. I'd love to talk to him, though, or people in his administration ... to help them understand."

"I can't say that the president is fully behind me. I would hope that he is," she added. "I would love to talk to him."

She did not retract her statement that the WH was involved in her resignation, but she still pledged her loyalty. She is also more forgiving than I would probably be.

She's also pretty smart. She can be more effective taking this position (that her above quote would indicate) than if she came out being combative and angry. Smarter, perhaps, than those who demanded her resignation without checking the facts.

BrianW
07-22-2010, 09:19 AM
By Breitbart's own statements, he knew about the tape three months ago (he initially said he had the tape three months ago). He knew that his source had the full tape. He received the edited tape "s few days ago", posted it, and then received the full tape. .

Hmm, let see here.
"Everyone's " in a uproar about alleged "reverse racism at the NAACP & the Obama admin" following their NBPP prosecution decision & Tea Party statement.
Shortly thereafter, Breitbart receives an edited tape from 'his source" that "magically" supports this position and publishes it. I'm sure the source knew that in this "get it out there first" media feeding frenzy and considering BB's current rep, he couldn't resist pouring some gas on and striking a match.
As the firestorm erupts, it suddenly emerges that this "source" had the NAACP's own tape of the event (this is not some cell phone camera video) and DCTV just so happens to still have the unedited version.

Does anyone else see the timing as a little too "convenient" here?
Thesis - NAACP/Obama is "racist"
Hypothesis - Video "proves" it
Synthesis - Everyone falls all over themselves to prove 'it isn't so".

There is a master Machiavellian "player" here behind the scenes somewhere, who has "punked" a whole lot of folks in this fiasco.
Political character assassination at it's finest.

aandw
07-22-2010, 09:22 AM
By Breitbart's own statements, he knew about the tape three months ago (he initially said he had the tape three months ago). He knew that his source had the full tape. He received the edited tape "s few days ago", posted it, and then received the full tape. None of that prevented him from posting and leaving up a tape that claimed that these events happened while Sherrod was employed by the USDA. In response the intense questioning, about what Breitbart had done to verify the accuracy of these erroneous statements, Breitbart said he had no way of knowing when the events happened, and he even questioned whether the Spooners were the people described in the incident. The question of timing is answered in the full tape. But his questioning of whether the Spooners were the family referenced is particularly absurd. Obviously, the only evidence that an "incident" even happened came from Ms Sherrod, with subsequent verification by the Spooners. It is apparent from his own comments on CNN that Mr. Breitbart did not care if the facts were being misrepresented or if Ms Sherrod was guilty of racism as the video charged. His only interest was in harming the NAACP and the administration. That is what he said over and over again. Of course, that is also prima fascia evidence of libel.

Breitbart is so used to slandering public figures that he seems to have forgotten that it is illegal to slander a private citizen. Maybe that is why they have been so quick to post a disclaimer on the Sherrod video so that it now says that the events described predate her employment at USDA. Of course, numerous other web sites, such as pushbacknow.com, have retained the original version and even added additional titles such as "Racist Shirley Sherrod Speaks to NAACP". What does Breitbart say about all this? "I feel sorry that they made this about her." News Flash Mr. Breitbart. You are guilty of slandering a private individual for malicious purposes. made it about her. Your guilt does not excuse the stupidity of the administration or the NAACP. Yjey should have known you are a pathological liar. You have made a career of it. For those who like to praise Breitbart for his heroism in exposing the administration and NAACP, I ask the question that the Breitbarts of the owrld like to ask. How would you feel if the colors of those involved were switched -- a video published by blacks that attempted to destroy a private person who was white? Look at the reactions during the campaign when Palin and McCain's plumber was being investigated for tax fraud.

is because her job is an appointment make her a private citizen? she works for the public, how is she not a public official.
i don't know breitbart, i saw him for the first time on hannity (only watched the video & a little of the interview) talking about this video. i don't remember him "exposing" the admin, he did state it wasn't about her it was about the crowd reacting to what she was saying. you and i can choose to believe or not believe him. i'm sure you and your side will not mainly because he hurts your image. you may have reason to call him a liar, i don't.
tax fraud is okay didn't obama send you the memo.

Gerry Clinchy
07-22-2010, 10:06 AM
NY Times Editorial
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/opinion/22thu4.html?th&emc=th
No specific author is cited for the editorial.

The first sentence:

The Obama administration has been shamed by its rush to judgment after it forced the resignation of a black midlevel official in the Agriculture Department who was wrongly accused of racism by the right-wing blogosphere.

Shirley Sherrod was sandbagged by a two-and-a-half-minute clip from a 45-minute speech in which the real message was reconciliation.

Then, the 2nd paragraph ...

Instead of tracking down the whole speech, the administration ran scared.

The White House admitted it “bungled” the entire affair.

Then:

The N.A.A.C.P. also had to apologize after swallowing the excerpt and condemning Ms. Sherrod. The organization certainly should have first checked with its chapter in rural Georgia, which had the full speech on tape.

And ending with:

By the time the conservative commentator took up the issue, the full transcript of the speech was out and Mr. Beck was citing Ms. Sherrod — but as a victim of administration recklessness. This time, he was right.

I do think they should have also cited Breitbart's irresponsibility in the way he had presented only partial text of the speech. Why would they let one of their own (news media) get off without censure? (only a brief mention of her being "sandbagged" at the very beginning.)

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 11:53 AM
The facts are that the Obama administration acted, “stupidly” in firing Sherrod without reviewing the entire tape, and the NAACP acted stupidly for condemning her for the same reason.

However, IMO, Breitbart acted with malice by presenting a deceptively edited portion of the tape as proof of Ms. Sherrod’s racism, racism within the Obama administration, and racism within the NAACP. If he had access to, and had viewed, the complete tape, he knew it did not support that. There is no way any intelligent person could view the complete video and come to the conclusion alluded to by the edited version.

I watched Breitbart’s back pedaling and defend of his posting of the video. It didn’t wash. He knew exactly what he was doing. If you are attempting in any way to be credible and fair, how could you post a snippet of a speech without at least viewing the entire speech, especially in a case where it was potentially this explosive? I think his intent was more to smear the NAACP more than it was to smear Sherrod and the Obama administration, but he knew it would have a profound negative impact on all three. Breitbart is not a journalist, he is a right-wing propagandist with an agenda.

As far as Fox News goes, they have no more credibility as far as I’m concerned. They border on tabloid journalism. They should not have run this story without investigating it. But, they were in such a rush to discredit the Obama administration and the NAACP that they didn’t bother. To make matters worse, in an effort to cover their mistake rather than take responsibility for it, they are now saying Fox News didn’t touch the story until after Sherrod resigned. The fact is, they ran the story and posted the video on FoxNews.com the day before she resigned. In it they say, “FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA. The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP's decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism -- a charge Tea Party leaders deny.” It should be noted that FoxNews.com has since inexplicably removed the original story from their website as if it never existed.

Wasn’t this exactly the kind of thing Dan Rather was fired for. Too bad he didn’t work for Fox News. He would still have his job.

gman0046
07-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Fox News in no way has to discredit Obongo's band of clowns and the NAACP. They do it themselves. Neither group has any credibility with the U.S. public.

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Fox News in no way has to discredit Obongo's band of clowns and the NAACP. They do it themselves. Neither group has any credibility with the U.S. public.

So, what you are saying is that there is nothing wrong with how Fox News presented this story or other deceptive stories aimed at discrediting the Obama administration. Is it okay because it bolsters your perception of them? Fortunately, you don't speak for the entire U.S. public, just for those that are like minded.

gman0046
07-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Apparently I do speak for the American Public as more Americans polled think unfavorably of Obongo then those who think favorably of him. Check the poll numbers Blackstone.

M&K's Retrievers
07-22-2010, 12:21 PM
My guess is that Shirley will do just fine when all is said and done.

gman0046
07-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Blackstone, To prove I'm speaking for the American Public, The July 22 Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll shows 27% of Americans strongly approve Of Obongo's performance while 44% disapprove. Thats a presidential approval index of -17%. Overall 44% of voters say they at least somewhat approve while 55% disapprove. Nuff said.

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Apparently I do speak for the American Public as more Americans polled think unfavorably of Obongo then those who think favorably of him. Check the poll numbers Blackstone.

I said you don't speak for the ENTIRE American public, and you don't.

gman0046
07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Blackstone, you really don't believe anyone could speak for the entire American Public do you? That would be impossible. Even you should understand that. Too bad you have trouble processing Obongo's approval rating. Maybe he's not the Messiah many thought he was. Looks as if Election Day will tell the story of his sad regime.

Nor_Cal_Angler
07-22-2010, 01:03 PM
The facts are that the Obama administration acted, “stupidly” in firing Sherrod without reviewing the entire tape, and the NAACP acted stupidly for condemning her for the same reason.

However, IMO, Breitbart acted with malice by presenting a deceptively edited portion of the tape as proof of Ms. Sherrod’s racism, racism within the Obama administration, and racism within the NAACP. If he had access to, and had viewed, the complete tape, he knew it did not support that. There is no way any intelligent person could view the complete video and come to the conclusion alluded to by the edited version.

I watched Breitbart’s back pedaling and defend of his posting of the video. It didn’t wash. He knew exactly what he was doing. If you are attempting in any way to be credible and fair, how could you post a snippet of a speech without at least viewing the entire speech, especially in a case where it was potentially this explosive? I think his intent was more to smear the NAACP more than it was to smear Sherrod and the Obama administration, but he knew it would have a profound negative impact on all three. Breitbart is not a journalist, he is a right-wing propagandist with an agenda.

As far as Fox News goes, they have no more credibility as far as I’m concerned. They border on tabloid journalism. They should not have run this story without investigating it. But, they were in such a rush to discredit the Obama administration and the NAACP that they didn’t bother. To make matters worse, in an effort to cover their mistake rather than take responsibility for it, they are now saying Fox News didn’t touch the story until after Sherrod resigned. The fact is, they ran the story and posted the video on FoxNews.com the day before she resigned. In it they say, “FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA. The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP's decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism -- a charge Tea Party leaders deny.” It should be noted that FoxNews.com has since inexplicably removed the original story from their website as if it never existed.

Wasn’t this exactly the kind of thing Dan Rather was fired for. Too bad he didn’t work for Fox News. He would still have his job.

Jeff and I have already hashed this out....It doesnt excuse it...but you must with your rational...condem and stop giving creditability to these other outlets as well......

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/msnbc-black-gun-owner-is-white-rage-at-black-president-msnbc-caught-red-handed-faking-news/question-577801/?page=11

http://onesobservations.blogspot.com/2010/07/exposed-center-for-american-progress.html

NCA

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Blackstone, you really don't believe anyone could speak for the entire American Public do you? That would be impossible. Even you should understand that. Too bad you have trouble processing Obongo's approval rating. Maybe he's not the Messiah many thought he was. Looks as if Election Day will tell the story of his sad regime.

The way you distort thing, you should apply for a job on Fox News.

gman0046
07-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Blackstone, brilliant post. I still stand behind the poll numbers which is something you can't do. Obongo's a disgrace. The numbers prove it.

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Jeff and I have already hashed this out....It doesnt excuse it...but you must with your rational...condem and stop giving creditability to these other outlets as well......

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/msnbc-black-gun-owner-is-white-rage-at-black-president-msnbc-caught-red-handed-faking-news/question-577801/?page=11

http://onesobservations.blogspot.com/2010/07/exposed-center-for-american-progress.html

NCA

I did not give credibility to any news outlet. If MSNBC faked or manipulated a footage to manufacture a story or prove a point of view, then they fall into the same category as Fox News. But, that doesn’t excuse Fox News for what they have done and continue to do. What I said about Beirbart and Fox News still stands. We can just add MSNBC to the list of non-credible news sources.

gman0046
07-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Add the NAACP to the list as well.

david gibson
07-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I did not give credibility to any news outlet. If MSNBC faked or manipulated a footage to manufacture a story or prove a point of view, then they fall into the same category as Fox News. But, that doesn’t excuse Fox News for what they have done and continue to do. What I said about Beirbart and Fox News still stands. We can just add MSNBC to the list of non-credible news sources.

fox did not fake or manipulate any footage of sherrod, and neither did msnbc.

you just cant get over the fact that the naacp and obama royally screwed this up because being the FOOLS they are they listened to fox news because they are scared to death of them and flinch at every move they make. they have no cajones or brains of their own. fools fools fools as well as anyone else who defends or follows them.

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Add the NAACP to the list as well.

Didn't realize the NAACP was a news source. :confused:

gman0046
07-22-2010, 03:26 PM
In the case of Ms. Sherrod the NAACP was the news source. It was at their function.

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 03:51 PM
fox did not fake or manipulate any footage of sherrod, and neither did msnbc.

I never said Fox News manipulated footage of Sherrod, and it was Nor Cal’s post that indicated MSNBC manipulated footage of another incident that was total separate for the Sherrod incident. I was commenting on that. So, I’m not sure what you are talking about.

you just cant get over the fact that the naacp and obama royally screwed this up because being the FOOLS they are they listened to fox news because they are scared to death of them and flinch at every move they make. they have no cajones or brains of their own. fools fools fools as well as anyone else who defends or follows them.

I previously said that both the Obama administration and the NAACP were wrong for jumping to conclusions with out all the evidence. Nowhere did I try to excuse what they did. However, I do agree they were fools for listening to Fox News.

What I said about Fox News is that they are not a credible news source because they report unsubstantiated news stories that often turn out to be untrue and/or misleading. I stand behind that. The Shirley Sherrod incident was not the first time they have done something like this. So, since I’ve admitted the Obama administration and the NAACP were wrong, why can’t you admit Fox News was wrong for what they did as well? Are you just trying to deflect any responsibility or appearance of wrongdoing away from Fox because you just can’t get over what they did?

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 03:53 PM
In the case of Ms. Sherrod the NAACP was the news source. It was at their function.

Now I see the problem. You don't really understand what a legitimate news source is. :rolleyes:

Buzz
07-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Their biggest mistake was taking anything serious that they see on FOX, especially if it's sourced from Breitbart.

Roger Perry
07-22-2010, 04:05 PM

And with a good lawyer she will probably be pulling a lot of $ out of your pocket.

david gibson
07-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Their biggest mistake was taking anything serious that they see on FOX, especially if it's sourced from Breitbart.

oh, i see. so it was a bigger mistake to believe the news on fox than it was to act stupidly and fire her?? they could have believed the news and still not fired her.

you have a warped sense of priorities.

luvmylabs23139
07-22-2010, 04:06 PM
The White house fired SS prior to fox news reporting it.

YardleyLabs
07-22-2010, 04:20 PM

What Breitbart did is actually illegal. He is a fraud and committed slander with reckless disregard for its impact on the life of a private citizen. We absolutely do have a choice about Obama. That choice was exercised in the last election and will be exercised again in the next election. The decision to terminate Sherrod was a stupid act of political cowardice. At least, they had the decency to apologize. Breitbart keeps trying to tell us that he was not the one who made this a story about Shirley Sherrod. He says he feels sorry for her since she was victimized by other people.

I find it hard to reconcile that with the statements in the video that Shirley Sherrod acted in a racist manner to deny services to a white man in her capacity as a USDA employee. The video calls her a racist and attacks her for abuse of a government position. These statements were false and were readily obvious as false from even the slightest bit of investigation since, by his own admission, Breitbart had access to the full tape. That leaves him as nothing more than a vicious slanderer and liar and he deserves to be treated accordingly. I thought conservatism believed in accepting personal responsibility. Obviously that didn't rub off on Andrew Breitbart, a man who has accepted no responsibility at all. He is a media terrorist and this whole thing has been his wet dream.

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 04:23 PM
The White house fired SS prior to fox news reporting it.

Wrong again! That is only what Fox News is claiming now. If you read what I posted, the story was on FoxNews.com the day before Sherrod resigned. Sherrod resigned on July 20th, and FoxNews.com ran their original story on July 19ht. In an effort to conceal that fact, FoxNews.com removed the original story from their website, but here is the original FoxNews.com story:

"Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer

Published July 19, 2010
FoxNews.com

Shown here is USDA Georgia official Shirley Sherrod. (YouTube)

Days after the NAACP clashed with Tea Party members over allegations of racism, a video has surfaced showing an Agriculture Department official regaling an NAACP audience with a story about how she withheld help to a white farmer facing bankruptcy.

Shirley Sherrod, the department's Georgia director of Rural Development, is shown in the clip describing "the first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm." Sherrod, who is black, claimed the farmer took a long time trying to show he was "superior" to her. The audience laughed as she described how she determined his fate.

"He had to come to me for help. What he didn't know while he was taking all that time trying to show me he was superior to me was I was trying to decide just how much help I was going to give him," she said. "I was struggling with the fact that so many black people have lost their farmland and here I was faced with having to help a white person save their land -- so I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough."

Sherrod explained that at the time, she assumed the state or national Department of Agriculture referred him to her. In order to ensure that the farmer could report back that she was indeed helpful, she said she took him to see "one of his own" -- a white lawyer.

"I figured that if I take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him," she said.

The video clip was first posted by BigGovernment.com. The clip is dated March 27 from an NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

FoxNews.com is seeking a response from both the NAACP and the USDA. The clip adds to the firestorm of debate over the NAACP's decision to approve a resolution at its convention last week accusing some Tea Party activists of racism -- a charge Tea Party leaders deny.

In a second clip from the same event posted online, Sherrod appeared to urge black job seekers to find work at the Department of Agriculture because the federal government won't lay people off.

"There are jobs at USDA and many times there are no people of color to fill those jobs because we shy away from agriculture. We hear the word agriculture and think, why are we working in the fields?" she said. "You've heard of a lot of layoffs. Have you heard of anybody in the federal government losing their job? That's all I need to say."'

david gibson
07-22-2010, 04:27 PM
What Breitbart did is actually illegal. He is a fraud and committed slander with reckless disregard for its impact on the life of a private citizen. We absolutely do have a choice about Obama. That choice was exercised in the last election and will be exercised again in the next election. The decision to terminate Sherrod was a stupid act of political cowardice. At least, they had the decency to apologize. Breitbart keeps trying to tell us that he was not the one who made this a story about Shirley Sherrod. He says he feels sorry for her since she was victimized by other people.

I find it hard to reconcile that with the statements in the video that Shirley Sherrod acted in a racist manner to deny services to a white man in her capacity as a USDA employee. The video calls her a racist and attacks her for abuse of a government position. These statements were false and were readily obvious as false from even the slightest bit of investigation since, by his own admission, Breitbart had access to the full tape. That leaves him as nothing more than a vicious slanderer and liar and he deserves to be treated accordingly. I thought conservatism believed in accepting personal responsibility. Obviously that didn't rub off on Andrew Breitbart, a man who has accepted no responsibility at all. He is a media terrorist and this whole thing has been his wet dream.

so, at worst, we may have on reporter with questionable ethics in this case, still doesnt compare to all the slanderous lefty media attackers on your side, too many to list and the new Palin story just breaking.

so at worst you are finally seeing what its like to have so many lies made up by the left against conservatives. the left still takes the cake with gonzo false journalism!

YardleyLabs
07-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Absolutely true. Fox News reported this story and gave it extenve play as soon as the video was published by Breitbart. There is nothing suggesting that they looked into it at all until after the Atlanta Journal Constitution began raising questions and then CNN went further and brought the Spooners and the full tape out into the open. That type of investigation should have been done before the story was published. Failure to do that may even outweigh the broad protection from libel claims that Fox enjoys as an established "news" organization. I sincerely hope that Ms Sherrod does not let the issue go and that she pursues claims in the courts against those that libeled her.

YardleyLabs
07-22-2010, 04:34 PM
so, at worst, we may have on reporter with questionable ethics in this case, still doesnt compare to all the slanderous lefty media attackers on your side, too many to list and the new Palin story just breaking.

so at worst you are finally seeing what its like to have so many lies made up by the left against conservatives. the left still takes the cake with gonzo false journalism!
You must be wearing some of the biggest blinders in history. On this stroy alone you are looking at Breitbart, Fox News, and the right wing blogdom. Add to that O'Keefe, Fox News, and the many others that participated in producing and airing fraudulent tapes related to ACORN, and continue all the way back to the swift boaters and Kerry, and even the White Water investigations of the Clintons (not to mention the bounties offered in the search for Billy's girls). attack journalism has become a right wing specialty. Unfortunately, too may on the left have begun to do the same. All are trash and deserve condemnation.

Buzz
07-22-2010, 04:45 PM
In an effort to conceal that fact, FoxNews.com removed the original story from their website, but here is the original FoxNews.com story:

[I][COLOR="Blue"]"Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn't Give 'Full Force' of Help to White Farmer

Published July 19, 2010
FoxNews.com

Nothing but a bunch of lying sacks of ____.

david gibson
07-22-2010, 06:51 PM

now you FINALLY see why we are so exasperated with all the outlets you call "news"...oberman, maddow, comedy central (thats a joke in itself)......

so you win this round - but this pales in comparison to the crap the left spouts.

glad you are finally educated to reality!!!

Steve Hester
07-23-2010, 09:07 AM
I'll bet that Sherrod goes back to work for the Messiah. After all, she wants to stick with "her own kind".

luvmylabs23139
07-23-2010, 09:29 AM
I'll bet that Sherrod goes back to work for the Messiah. After all, she wants to stick with "her own kind".

Nope, she won't. Why should she? She will sue the USDA, she did it before and won.

david gibson
07-23-2010, 09:30 AM
You must be wearing some of the biggest blinders in history. On this stroy alone you are looking at Breitbart, Fox News, and the right wing blogdom. Add to that O'Keefe, Fox News, and the many others that participated in producing and airing fraudulent tapes related to ACORN, and continue all the way back to the swift boaters and Kerry, and even the White Water investigations of the Clintons (not to mention the bounties offered in the search for Billy's girls). attack journalism has become a right wing specialty. Unfortunately, too may on the left have begun to do the same. All are trash and deserve condemnation.

"begun"??? are you serious? they have been doing it for years.

dan rather was not the first, but i am sure you defend him too....

david gibson
07-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Matthew 7: 1-5

Jesus said to his disciples: "Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."

YardleyLabs
07-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Jesus said to his disciples: "Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."
That's a very interesting way for the pot to call the kettle black.

david gibson
07-23-2010, 10:27 PM
That's a very interesting way for the pot to call the kettle black.

yes, i agree, which is why i follow Buzz in this manner. and now, for you:

Jesus said to his disciples: "Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye my friend first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."

you guys take the cake, quoting scripture is the most ironic of all hypocrisies

JDogger
07-23-2010, 10:38 PM
by calling me a pot or a kettle, are you not placing judgement? in your own quoted scripture my friend, perhaps thou should heed:

You just can't make this stuff up.:rolleyes: JDhttp://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/smilies/laughingCrying.gif