PDA

View Full Version : for yardley - media plot against palin

david gibson
07-22-2010, 12:06 PM
awaiting your spin on this....

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4290697/did-liberal-media-plot-against-sarah-palin

gman0046
07-22-2010, 12:40 PM
It only confirms what we've known all along. Just like getting chills up your leg hearing the Messiah speak.

Franco
07-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Since we are talking about Palin;

Yesterday, we had an oil rally bring attention against the unfounded ban on deep water drilling.

We had over 11,000 show up and pack the Cajun Dome for the event. There were many guest speakers including John Hofmeister the once president of Shell Oil.

During the planning, Mrs Palin offered to come speak for free. There was a short debate on her speaking at the event. Those in charged came to the conclusion that she would turn the event into a circus thus discrediting the event and that better qualified speakers were available.

I'm just glad that the planners had the wisdom not to have her come.

YardleyLabs
07-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I think it is hilarious to have Fox News, organizer of the Tea Party Movement, talking about journalistic integrity and bias. It has been the leader in advocacy journalism for years, and its owner, Australian conservative Rupert Murdoch, has always been clear that he buys media properties primarily to further his political agenda. Anyone running for Vice President is fair target for lots of fair and unfair reporting. Those attacks have been coordinated on both sides of the aisle in many ways, but primarily through "talking point" outreach programs and dedicated advocacy groups. Havings things be said on a listserv means no more than having things be said on POTUS. Each person speaks as he/she wishes and acts in whatever way they desire as well. The entire attack on ACORN was an organized assault and there were undoubtedly informal communications among those involved. The same is true for current efforts to tag the NAACP as racist. On the other side, a variety of liberal groups -- moveon.org, the DSCC, CREDO, and others organize and coordinate how best to present information to further their agenda. The fact that consumers appear more interested in the ideological positions advocated by "news" organizations and pretend "journalists" than they are about accuracy guarantees that they will receive the biased, trash journalism they seem to crave. This situation is only getting worse with cutbacks in news organizations.

david gibson
07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I think it is hilarious to have Fox News, organizer of the Tea Party Movement, talking about journalistic integrity and bias. It has been the leader in advocacy journalism for years, and its owner, Australian conservative Rupert Murdoch, has always been clear that he buys media properties primarily to further his political agenda. Anyone running for Vice President is fair target for lots of fair and unfair reporting. Those attacks have been coordinated on both sides of the aisle in many ways, but primarily through "talking point" outreach programs and dedicated advocacy groups. Havings things be said on a listserv means no more than having things be said on POTUS. Each person speaks as he/she wishes and acts in whatever way they desire as well. The entire attack on ACORN was an organized assault and there were undoubtedly informal communications among those involved. The same is true for current efforts to tag the NAACP as racist. On the other side, a variety of liberal groups -- moveon.org, the DSCC, CREDO, and others organize and coordinate how best to present information to further their agenda. The fact that consumers appear more interested in the ideological positions advocated by "news" organizations and pretend "journalists" than they are about accuracy guarantees that they will receive the biased, trash journalism they seem to crave. This situation is only getting worse with cutbacks in news organizations.

spun like the master liberal spinner you are!!!! good job avoiding the facts!

Blackstone
07-22-2010, 03:00 PM
First, I wouldn’t believe anything presented by Fox New unless someone else has verified it first. Who was this group of journalist? Show all the names and who they represent.

Second, Fox News, in their typical fashion, misrepresented this as an attack on Sarah Palin. The e-mail excerpts presented never attacked Sarah Palin. They attacked the reason the Republican Party put Palin on the ticket. They implied the pick was sexist. They did not call Palin sexist.

To be honest, I didn’t think it was sexist, but I do believe the only reason Republicans picked a woman was because McCain was behind in the polls and they thought they could capture some of the women voters that were disillusioned after Hillary was not the Democratic nominee or Obama’s V. P. pick.

Hew
07-22-2010, 03:36 PM
During the planning, Mrs Palin offered to come speak for free. There was a short debate on her speaking at the event. Those in charged came to the conclusion that she would turn the event into a circus thus discrediting the event and that better qualified speakers were available.

I'm just glad that the planners had the wisdom not to have her come.
Don't let your Palin hate cloud your good sense. ;-) There's no way in hell Jindal was going to let Palin speak at the event and steal his thunder.

YardleyLabs
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
spun like the master liberal spinner you are!!!! good job avoiding the facts!
What facts? No names, no quotes, a public (not secret) news group accessible to pretty much anyone who wanted to participate. Not a strong foundation for a conspiracy. If there are comments made by identifiable journalists that are inappropriate, publish them. Sometimes, as has even happened recently, it turns out that someone expressed a partisan position who was supposed to be an objective journalist. Publication may result in termination. If that is not being done, I would assume that the information doesn't exist. If the information does exist, it deserves to be published and the individuals deserve the consequences. Next we should look to publish all those who participated in Karl Rove's talking point teleconferences, or don't they count?

subroc
07-22-2010, 03:51 PM
JournoList

the stories and facts are everywhere...

M&K's Retrievers
07-22-2010, 04:02 PM
JournoList

Touche....

YardleyLabs
07-22-2010, 04:13 PM
JournoList

Your reference is a little vague and takes me to http://www.johnmorrish.com/journolist/index.php, a journalist reference site, and to a lot of conservative blogs. Any more specific references> We know that for Fox News the reportes and commentators were provided talking point memos telling them what words to use to describe stories, what stories to downplay, and what issues to harp on repeatedly to further the Republican agenda. Anything similar to that?

To take the Ackerman charges as an example,

"And I think this threads the needle. If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us. Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists. Ask: why do they have such a deep-seated problem with a black politician who unites the country? What lurks behind those problems? This makes *them* sputter with rage, which in turn leads to overreaction and self-destruction." (from ).

This actually sounds just like what Breitbart uses as his explanation of why he posted the Sherrod tape. The NAACP challenged the Tea Party to act against racists in its ranks. One of the Tea Party leaders responded with a blatantly racist post on his blog, embarrassing other Tea Party leaders enough that they dissolved relations. Breitbart believed it was essential to find a new target for attack immediately to draw attention away from the Tea Party. He had heard about the Sherrod tapes, reached out to get it, and posted it with tremendous success.

I am not citing this to excuse "yellow journalism" reporting during the election or bad reporting now. I have already noted that I believe trash journalism affects and infects us all.

subroc
07-22-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't know what this means, but, one guy was fired for his comments, one woman has appologized for her comments and no one has disputed any comments that have been reported.

YardleyLabs
07-22-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't know what this means, but, one guy was fired for his comments, one woman has appologized for her comments and no one has disputed any comments that have been reported.
Good. Now if we can get Fox to abandon its own efforts to control the political spin of the news.....

david gibson
07-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Good. Now if we can get Fox to abandon its own efforts to control the political spin of the news.....

pssssst.....its real simple yardley - DONT LISTEN TO THEM

its driven by ratings, even a liberal like you should see that. fox is just another source, no one says they are THE source for news in America. you do remember this is america, right? despite you lefties trying to squelch all conservative tv and radio so you can implement your own "truth". yeah........

what tears you up is the fact that Fox's ratings beat your lefty counterparts and you cant stand that other side getting their message out to the masses and yours isnt. and you blame fox??? you should be blaming your own side for their stupidity and ineptness for being unable to hold on to their power as O slowly crumbles into a pile of crumbs

subroc
07-22-2010, 05:59 PM

Yeh, I know what you mean. In the face of that onslaught of left wing extremist thought from MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, we sure wouldn't want any broadcast news that even remotely represents an alternative position...

david gibson
07-22-2010, 06:09 PM

this quote deserves to live on in infamy! what a classic!!!

yardley, please, please tell me what one and only news you think all americans should listen to exclusively - that has ZERO spin????????????

you may want to consult with some cuban refugees about how well that works.

ONE conservative outlet = fox

ALL other outlets are liberal.....soooo unfair, why should the left have any competition at all? after all, the left side is the only side, right?

YardleyLabs
07-22-2010, 06:22 PM
this quote deserves to live on in infamy! what a classic!!!

yardley, please, please tell me what one and only news you think all americans should listen to exclusively - that has ZERO spin????????????

you may want to consult with some cuban refugees about how well that works.

ONE conservative outlet = fox

ALL other outlets are liberal.....soooo unfair, why should the left have any competition at all? after all, the left side is the only side, right?
Actually, I think that we should be demanding news outlets that investigate and report what is happening without making themselves part of the story. That is what professional journalism is all about. No one has ever been perfect at this, but some of the great newspapers have done pretty well. However, the public itself would rather hear lies that support their prejudices, than factual reporting that might challenge their beliefs. As long as that is true, we will continue to be governed by idiots and crooks.

M&K's Retrievers
07-22-2010, 06:30 PM
As long as that is true, we will continue to be governed by idiots and crooks.

At least we agree on the current Administration and Congress - both sides of the aisle.

road kill
07-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Actually, I think that we should be demanding news outlets that investigate and report what is happening without making themselves part of the story. That is what professional journalism is all about. No one has ever been perfect at this, but some of the great newspapers have done pretty well. However, the public itself would rather hear lies that support their prejudices, than factual reporting that might challenge their beliefs. As long as that is true, we will continue to be governed by idiots and crooks.

You know, like Dan Rather for an examole!!:D

rk

subroc
07-22-2010, 06:39 PM
yardley is incapable of seeing left wing bias in the media.

david gibson
07-22-2010, 06:43 PM

awwwwww...isnt that sweet??? why dont you (or more accurately, why havent you) start with the leftist biased news????? and while we are at it lets save the whales and declare an end to nuclear weapons!

wow, you are on to something here! still hittin the maui wowie on the bong i see!

utopian leftists are so entertaining.... ;-)

Franco
07-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Don't let your Palin hate cloud your good sense. ;-) There's no way in hell Jindal was going to let Palin speak at the event and steal his thunder.

Jindal had nothing to do with who we selected for speakers.

Though my responsibilty was with getting the word out in S La., I was privy to most of the information. When the topic of Palin arose, it was decided we didn't want a circus. Nor did we want our message minimalized because of her.

P S
I don't hate her, I just think she is a liability the GOP doesn't need.

precisionlabradors
07-22-2010, 10:14 PM

?

so, if you believe this, what is the premise of the thread? you don't have any problem with fox doing it, why do you care about another source of biased journalism? just ignore it. take your own advice.
________
THREESOME FETISH (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/1067/fetish/videos/1)

subroc
07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
so, if you believe this, what is the premise of the thread? you don't have any problem with fox doing it, why do you care about another source of biased journalism? just ignore it. take your own advice.

I believe the premise of the thread is collusion, not left wing right wing spin...

---

subroc
07-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Carlson calls the left wing colluding propagandizing media out. If their words were taken out of context he is stating categorically – “no we didn’t.” You can’t be any clearer than that. I expect if any of the moonbat left wing extremist from the media, academia or Hollywood that populated that site will defend their position if they believe they were quoted out of context.

One thing we haven’t seen so far is anyone making that claim.

Good solid reporting illustrating corruption and collusion in the left wing media.

Well done DailyCaller…

http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/22/letter-from-editor-in-chief-tucker-carlson-on-the-daily-callers-journolist-coverage/

------