PDA

View Full Version : Rangel Charged With Multiple Infractions

M&K's Retrievers
07-22-2010, 06:06 PM
This should be interesting. I wonder how long it will drag out. I can't imagine him resigning.

BonMallari
07-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Rangel was the head of the VERY powerful Ways and Means committee and has many " political markers" in his account, he will get nothing more than a censure or a handslap as long as Madame Speaker still has the gavel

gman0046
07-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Rangle is another thief in the Jesse Jackass and Al Sharpton mold. The problem he's been a thief for years and nothing is being done. He's being protected by his fellow Democrats.

david gibson
07-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Rangle is another thief in the Jesse Jackass and Al Sharpton mold. The problem he's been a thief for years and nothing is being done. He's being protected by his fellow Democrats.

here here. the despicable of the despicable. but we must be careful lest we are labeled as racist for being against him.... :rolleyes:

Julie R.
07-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Yes, isn't it comforting to know that we've had a tax cheat in charge of the committee that writes the tax laws? Was listening to an interview with him on talk radio today, he was orating like a preacher and thanking God he's finally getting the chance to clear this matter up...i.e. come up with more lying pathetic excuses. And I do mean PATHETIC; if he admits he doesn't understand the laws his own committee wrote, then WTF is he doing in charge? Rangel makes me sick.

david gibson
07-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes, isn't it comforting to know that we've had a tax cheat in charge of the committee that writes the tax laws? Was listening to an interview with him on talk radio today, he was orating like a preacher and thanking God he's finally getting the chance to clear this matter up...i.e. come up with more lying pathetic excuses. And I do mean PATHETIC; if he admits he doesn't understand the laws his own committee wrote, then WTF is he doing in charge? Rangel makes me sick.

and i thought O was going to fix all this???

where is the change??

god knows we have no ore hope.....................:sad:

Buzz
07-23-2010, 09:07 AM
and i thought O was going to fix all this???

where is the change??

god knows we have no ore hope.....................:sad:

I didn't know the president was in charge of enforcing ethics. I thought it was house leadership and the ethics committee. Sounds like they are doing their job and taking old Charlie down.

Lucky Seven
07-23-2010, 09:43 AM
This will be a resume builder for Charlie.

See when your a Democrat .... affairs, leaving women at the bottom of rivers and/or cheating on your taxes help boost your resume in the eyes of Democrats !!!!

Buzz
07-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Matthew 7: 1-5

Jesus said to his disciples: "Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."

troy schwab
07-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Matthew 7: 1-5

Jesus said to his disciples: "Stop judging, that you may not be judged. For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you. Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden beam is in your eye? You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye."

If I've got the wooden beam in my eye.......... the Democrats have the whole housing development jammed in their retina......... Just sayin......

gman0046
07-23-2010, 10:57 AM
I wonder what would have happened if Rangle was white?

luvmylabs23139
07-23-2010, 11:14 AM
I wonder what would have happened if Rangle was white?

The real question is what would have happened and why has it taken almost 2 years if he was a republican?

Tax cheats are ok if they are dems. Just look at turbo tax Geithner.

gman0046
07-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Not to worry. Pelosi has vowed to "drain the swamp" to root out corruption in the House.

Gerry Clinchy
07-24-2010, 09:59 AM
NY Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/24/nyregion/24rangel.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&th&emc=th

No matter what, I think 20 terms is plenty.

He must be very wealthy to overlook assets of this magnitude:

Mr. Rangel has acknowledged his failure to pay taxes on the rental income from his Dominican villa and to report hundreds of thousands of dollars in assets on financial disclosure forms, saying they were inadvertent instances of sloppy bookkeeping

According to the article,

A person who has advised Mr. Rangel in the case said much of the tension in the talks with the committee stemmed from issues of language, meaning how far the representative must go to publicly accept responsibility for wrongdoing.