PDA

View Full Version : Bo's Vacation to Maine

Cleo Watson
07-24-2010, 02:48 PM
“Arriving in a small jet before the Obamas was the first dog, Bo, a Portuguese water dog given as a present by the late U.S. Sen Ted Kennedy, D-Mass.; and the president's personal aide Reggie Love, who chatted with Baldacci."

The article was quickly posted on the Drudgereport, Michelle Malkin blog, and went viral across the internet.

What should be noted is the first family had to fly in a smaller Gulfstream GIII/G3 jet, which seats up to 19. The jet most recognize for “Air Force One” was too large to land at the small Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport in Trenton, Maine.

With all the buzz surrounding the article the Morning Sentinel was required to write a clarification statement to point out that the jet carrying the Obama pet was also full of other staff members.

Since the president is always accompanied by staff and Secret Service agents, one aircraft would not be enough. Therefore, the fact that the first dog arrived in a separate aircraft with other staffers is really no big deal.

The real story is not that the first families pet arrived in a separate jet with staffers. To quote the famous radio legend Paul Harvey, “The rest of the story” is the number of vacations and golf outings the president has taken since the BP oil spill in April.

Three vacations (Ashevill, North Carolina; Chicago, Illinois; and now Maine.), 12 golf outings, and a white house party with Paul McCartney. Despite a promise the president made to not rest until the Gulf oil spill is resolved.

TN_LAB
07-24-2010, 03:01 PM
You do know that the President never has a real day off from work, right?

It's a 24/7/365 job (and for the record...I didn't vote for him).

Cleo Watson
07-24-2010, 03:34 PM
I bet he knew that when he applied for the job. But, what does that have to do with flying the dog on vacation? Did you also know that Mr. Love, Bo's handler, get $102,000.00 a year salary. Why couldn't he have stayed in DC and taken care of him?

YardleyLabs
07-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I bet he knew that when he applied for the job. But, what does that have to do with flying the dog on vacation? Did you also know that Mr. Love, Bo's handler, get $102,000.00 a year salary. Why couldn't he have stayed in DC and taken care of him?
More directly, you do know that many, if not most, of the "vacations" reported last of almost a whole weekend? Imagine how many vacations most of us would be said to have if we counted every field trial or hunt test attended as a "vacation". It is te nation that demands that the President and every member of his family be accompanied by an army of security 24 hours a day, regardless of where they are. Presidents can either choose to live seven days a week imprisoned inside the White House, or they can travel around the country. Reagan and Bush had their western and Texas "white houses" where they each spent much of their time as Presidents. This trips were seldom characterized as "vacations", nor did many people seem to worry too much about the hundreds of staff flown out and housed each time those trips were made. Obama does less of this than either of them. I hope he continues to do it. I don't want a President living continuously in the confines of the White House. I would rather have a President that spends time with his family, that enjoys "date" nights and conferences with is children's teachers, that goes out to restaurants, and so forth. You cannot live a normal life as President, but you can make an effort to come as close as possible.

david gibson
07-24-2010, 04:15 PM
More directly, you do know that many, if not most, of the "vacations" reported last of almost a whole weekend? Imagine how many vacations most of us would be said to have if we counted every field trial or hunt test attended as a "vacation". It is te nation that demands that the President and every member of his family be accompanied by an army of security 24 hours a day, regardless of where they are. Presidents can either choose to live seven days a week imprisoned inside the White House, or they can travel around the country. Reagan and Bush had their western and Texas "white houses" where they each spent much of their time as Presidents. This trips were seldom characterized as "vacations", nor did many people seem to worry too much about the hundreds of staff flown out and housed each time those trips were made. Obama does less of this than either of them. I hope he continues to do it. I don't want a President living continuously in the confines of the White House. I would rather have a President that spends time with his family, that enjoys "date" nights and conferences with is children's teachers, that goes out to restaurants, and so forth. You cannot live a normal life as President, but you can make an effort to come as close as possible.

you guys sure sing a different tune when it comes to W's vacations, even though he had electronics and communications installed at the ranch so he could do a lot more work than O can on a date night in NYC or in maine with a couple of bratty kids and an ugly unruly dog in tow.

road kill
07-24-2010, 04:28 PM
"Let them eat cake..."

rk

BonMallari
07-24-2010, 04:38 PM
you guys sure sing a different tune when it comes to W's vacations, even though he had electronics and communications installed at the ranch so he could do a lot more work than O can on a date night in NYC or in maine with a couple of bratty kids and an ugly unruly dog in tow.

no need to bring the kids into the discussion, we know nothing about them and it should stay that way..;)

Now if they do pay the trainer the type of salary that is reported then someone is padding the payroll...:rolleyes:

precisionlabradors
07-24-2010, 04:42 PM

please don't speak of W on request of david gibson.
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

TN_LAB
07-24-2010, 05:12 PM
what does that have to do with flying the dog on vacation?

Per your original comment:
“The real story is not that the first families pet arrived in a separate jet with staffers.

Nothing. Makes me wonder why would you even mention it?

gman0046
07-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Just what Maine needed. The Obongo's.

YardleyLabs
07-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Just to be clear, we paid for installing all of that equipment and for other improvements to the property, just as we paid for millions in improvements to Reagan's western white house. For the record, I believe that was completely appropriate then and remains appropriate when done to the Clinton's New York house and to whatever house the Obama's move to when they leave the white house. The exigencies of Presidential security are expensive and necessary.

gman0046
07-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Yo Yardley, maybe Obongo will move back to Kenya and live in a mud hut next to his brother. That should keep the cost of the modifications down.

Hew
07-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Just to be clear,...
LOL. Obama-speak is rubbing off on you. Do you wag your finger, too? ;-)

gman0046
07-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Today a read in the local newspaper the Obongo's are planning another vacation at an undisclosed location in the Florida Pan Handle. Aren't we lucky. I really believe they would like it much better in Yardley, PA.

Yardley maybe they could stay at your place.

Blackstone
07-24-2010, 05:36 PM

Reggie Love is Obama's personal aide(body man). Baby sitting or handling the President's dog has always been part of that job. Personal Aides usually travel with the President.

Of course, I would handle everyone's dog in the White House for $100k per year.:D

YardleyLabs
07-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Yo Yardley, maybe Obongo will move back to Kenya and live in a mud hut next to his brother. That should keep the cost of the modifications down.
Maybe you should move back to Africa as well. That is where you ancestors came from if you go back far enough.

david gibson
07-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Maybe you should move back to Africa as well. That is where you ancestors came from if you go back far enough.

ok, so gman is 1/100000 nth african.

not quite the same as "halfrican"

another brilliant statement by yardley!

JDogger
07-25-2010, 12:31 AM
ok, so gman is 1/100000 nth african.

gman is a negro...Dayum, Gibson...whodda thought? Well the posts on PP never cease to amaze anyway....:rolleyes: JD

Keep up the good work. You're more amusing than the cooking channel, or "Flip this house".

JD

Clay Rogers
07-26-2010, 01:01 AM

I don't like Obama's leadership style anymore than you, but you need to take a break man. Obama is fair game, but leave his kids out of your discussion.