PDA

View Full Version : Has a new suit been filed?

Eric Johnson
07-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I haven't seen anything about the text of the new moratorium on drilling or any plans on filing another lawsuit. Is this going to be done?

Eric

road kill
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
I haven't seen anything about the text of the new moratorium on drilling or any plans on filing another lawsuit. Is this going to be done?

Eric

I think it's on hold unril the Obama's get back from their vacations!!:D

rk

BonMallari
07-26-2010, 07:31 PM
I actually think that it is part of this AG's plan...to keep throwing lawsuits out there along with injunctions until they get a sympathetic judge or SCOTUS tilts in their favor to get the rulings they want

Franco
07-26-2010, 07:39 PM
It is a 6 month drilling ban that will impact deepwater drilling for 5 years.

The judicial system has already ruled twice and all Ken Salazar has to do it just keep rewording and filling new moratoriums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGU_GHpy95c

Is is purely political and what the far left doesn't realize is that this doesn't hurt the oil companies, they'll drill somewhere else around the globe. All it hurts are the middle- working class from earning a living!

Some gulf coast oil workers will take jobs as far away as Saudi Arabia and leave there familes here.

Eric Johnson
07-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Franco-

I have a nagging feeling that this isn't necessarily true. I have a hunch that the court can tell Salazar to sit down and color.

It's rare and I'd guess even rarer against the government. I'll see if I can find out if this is true or not.

Of course, LA would have to file suit against Salazar to get it into court.

Eric

road kill
07-26-2010, 09:03 PM
I told you the Obama's are busy right now!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100726/en_afp/usspainpoliticstourism_20100726182118

"According to the Obama's official schedule, the First Family will visit the disaster hit Gulf Coast in Florida for a weekend in August and will spend 10 days in the upscale northeastern resort island of Martha's Vineyard."

rk

Franco
07-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Franco-

I have a nagging feeling that this isn't necessarily true. I have a hunch that the court can tell Salazar to sit down and color.

It's rare and I'd guess even rarer against the government. I'll see if I can find out if this is true or not.

Of course, LA would have to file suit against Salazar to get it into court.

Eric

By the time the process finally tells Salazar to go and sit in the timeout corner, the 6 months will have passed and the radical left will have accomplished thier objective. That is to have all 33 rigs gone from the gulf and as former Shell Oil President John Hofmeister said, "the price of oil at $5. per gallon". That's what the far left wants, At $4-$5 per gallon, they will create enough economic chaos to scare the uneducated into think it is a conspiracy of BIG Oil. I think it will backfire on them for the 2012 elections.

Their goal is for a nationalized oil company. Just look at how they denied that they wanted government insurance, now they are talking about having a government option. Nothing more than wreckless planning on thier part, making bad decisions than having bigger government as the answer. Just remember, the bigger the Fed government gets the less freedoms we will have!

Why else would they declare a moratorium?

All the rigs operating have been inspected and reinspected already.

And, if we knew then what we know know in dealing with this disaster, they could have capped that leak inside of two weeks. In fact, the oil companies are suggestion a joint task force to be on the ready to deal with any future accidents.

Just as the Exxon Valdez accident got us to double hulled tankers, the Cordova leak has taught us how to deal with escaping oil at great depths.

Obama's mistrust of private oil companies is what led to the Feds indecission to act appropritely in getting the help into the area early for containment. I blame Salazar too for playing politics at the expense of those it has affected.