PDA

View Full Version : This Deserves a LQQK!!

road kill
07-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Let's just change the very foundation of America.
This way the only votes that will count will be NY & CA!!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/07/mass_legislatur.html?p1=News_links

"The Massachusetts Legislature has approved a new law intended to bypass the Electoral College system and ensure that the winner of the presidential election is determined by the national popular vote."

Amazing folks, it may be too late now to get our country back!!

rk

BonMallari
07-28-2010, 10:32 AM
in actuality the electoral college system favors the Dems for now. They could win Calif,NY, Fla, and Ohio and a smattering of other states and win an election despite the heartland of the country voting otherwise...in a winner take all state like Calif with 55 electoral votes the winner of the state gets a disproportionate amount of electoral votes compared to the popular vote

road kill
07-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Let's just change the very foundation of America.
This way the only votes that will count will be NY & CA!!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/07/mass_legislatur.html?p1=News_links

"The Massachusetts Legislature has approved a new law intended to bypass the Electoral College system and ensure that the winner of the presidential election is determined by the national popular vote."

Amazing folks, it may be too late now to get our country back!!

rk

I am surprised this didn't get a better response.
If this continues to grow, the entire USA will be ruled by cities.
NY, Philly, Chi and LA will be able to elect the President.

The "fly over states" will be relegated to no relevance in the national elections.

You know, there is more to the United States than inner cities and urban areas.

The idea of the electoral college was to give each state a say, this would supercede or circumvent the electoral college.

rk

YardleyLabs
07-29-2010, 09:25 AM
I am surprised this didn't get a better response.
If this continues to grow, the entire USA will be ruled by cities.
NY, Philly, Chi and LA will be able to elect the President.

The "fly over states" will be relegated to no relevance in the national elections.

You know, there is more to the United States than inner cities and urban areas.

The idea of the electoral college was to give each state a say, this would supercede or circumvent the electoral college.

rk
I don't think you need to worry. The Massachusetts Legislature can do as it wishes. The electoral college system is spelled out in the Constitution and can only be changed with a two-thirds vote by both the Senate and the House, followed by ratification by 3/4 of all states. Somehow, I don't think the "fly over" states will go along.