PDA

View Full Version : I actually

ducknwork
07-28-2010, 02:20 PM
do some work for a little while and I come back and can't find Jdog's poll thread. What happened while I wasn't paying attention?:confused:

M&K's Retrievers
07-28-2010, 02:36 PM
My guess is he got tired of all the unrelated BS going on and canned it.

Hoosier
07-28-2010, 03:10 PM

Probably, the discussion was starting to get interesting, and JD wouldn't want that.

road kill
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
The secular proressive was getting his azz handed to him so they cut and ran as their ilk is known to do.
Ducks & chickens vs. human babiess regards!!!

(posted from the 6th hole via my blackberry8-) )

RK

dnf777
07-28-2010, 04:43 PM
I was starting to enjoy Pete and Yardley's exchange on religion and Unitarians. Nice to hear people debate in a civil tone.

david gibson
07-28-2010, 05:24 PM
I was starting to enjoy Pete and Yardley's exchange on religion and Unitarians. Nice to hear people debate in a civil tone.

that was a debate? sounded more like an NPR farce discussion, like alec baldwin on SNL talking about his "Schwette Balls"

dback
07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
(posted from the 6th hole via my blackberry8-) )RK

Waiting for the Windmill to turn just right? :-) :-)

JDogger
07-28-2010, 09:05 PM

Close...once the poll closed, I exercised to OP's prerogative to delete the post. A practice that I believe should happen more often here, to prevent old dated posts from being resurrected by sleepless PP viewers.:p
In any event, it appeared to me this morning that the reason for most of the comments made post-poll, were actually for the later three catagories; I like to read my posts, I hate those other guys, I want to increase my post count, rather than for the first, I want to change hearts and minds.
The original thrust of the poll, at best and worst, was deeply sarcastic and silly.

I think we all know why we visit and post to PP.

Some were honest enough to admit they enjoy arguing.

It is maybe what ties us to the main forum. The training and trialing and testing of retrievers, summed up best by a poster long ago, when asked;

"Why do you persue this venture?"

He replied, "Because frustration is the ultimate pleasure."

'nuff said, JD

dnf777
07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
The secular proressive was getting his azz handed to him so they cut and ran as their ilk is known to do.
Ducks & chickens vs. human babiess regards!!!

(posted from the 6th hole via my blackberry8-) )

RK

And no typos! I'm impressed. My jabbers usually hit at least three of those GD buttons at once.....and by the sixth hole, my lips move as I type. :D

road kill
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
And no typos! I'm impressed. My jabbers usually hit at least three of those GD buttons at once.....and by the sixth hole, my lips move as I type. :D

I actually took the time to proof itbefore I sent it.

The WI state bird was out in force tonight.

What is the WI state bird??

The MOSQUITO!!!!:shock:

rk

JDogger
07-28-2010, 09:32 PM

please see the word babiess in rk's post.;-)

ducknwork
07-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Close...once the poll closed, I exercised to OP's prerogative to delete the post. A practice that I believe should happen more often here, to prevent old dated posts from being resurrected by sleepless PP viewers.:p
In any event, it appeared to me this morning that the reason for most of the comments made post-poll, were actually for the later three catagories; I like to read my posts, I hate those other guys, I want to increase my post count, rather than for the first, I want to change hearts and minds.
The original thrust of the poll, at best and worst, was deeply sarcastic and silly.

It is maybe what ties us to the main forum. The training and trialing and testing of retrievers, summed up best by a poster long ago, when asked;

'nuff said, JD

It may have been way off topic, but I thought for once we were having a pretty good, and civil, discussion!

JDogger
07-28-2010, 09:53 PM
It may have been way off topic, but I thought for once we were having a pretty good, and civil, discussion!

Well good. Keep it up. The god's honest truth though, is most threads turn to GDG given enough pages, then decend into...,

ducknwork
07-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Hmmm...Censorship?

Hugo, is that you? Happy bday, BTW.;):D

road kill
07-29-2010, 05:30 AM
please see the word babiess in rk's post.;-)
Whew...........JDogger saves the day with another pithy, pertinent, well thought out post!

Good job JD!
From one so concerned with the value and depth of everyone elses posts!:-D

Of course the only problem is that "babies" is a proper word to describe more than one baby.

May fat thumb added the extra s, but again, pretty tuff to slip on by ole JDog!!!!:D

rk

paul young
07-29-2010, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=JDogger;651811]Close...once the poll closed, I exercised to OP's prerogative to delete the post. A practice that I believe should happen more often here, to prevent old dated posts from being resurrected by sleepless PP viewers.:p

'nuff said, JD[/QUOTE

very few here have ties to the main forum. in fact, there are many here who have never made a post on the main forum. too bad, as then we could see if they know as much about training retrievers as they do about politics.-Paul

road kill
07-29-2010, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=JDogger;651811]Close...once the poll closed, I exercised to OP's prerogative to delete the post. A practice that I believe should happen more often here, to prevent old dated posts from being resurrected by sleepless PP viewers.:p

'nuff said, JD[/QUOTE

very few here have ties to the main forum. in fact, there are many here who have never made a post on the main forum. too bad, as then we could see if they know as much about training retrievers as they do about politics.-Paul

Well, I did name my puppy myself!:-D

rk

Hew
07-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Perhaps those people are introspective and are aware of their limitations and wouldn't want to give poor advice or bad information. Contrast that with some folks who are knowledgeable retriever trainers but can't resist giving bad information/misinformed opinions on the POTUS board. ;-)

As a wily veteran of the interwebs and long-time RTF geek, I have opined about as much on electronic collars, british gun dogs, force fetch, Milner, dogs whining in the blind/on the line, water whacking ducks, mojo decoys, etc. as I think I care to. If/when I happen to see something that piques my interest, or if I think I can help, or if I think a poster hasn't received enough/adequate/correct advice/info then I might chime in. Whereas politics and current events change ever day and there's always fresh things to talk about.

ducknwork
07-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Perhaps those people are introspective and are aware of their limitations and wouldn't want to give poor advice or bad information. Contrast that with some folks who are knowledgeable retriever trainers but can't resist giving bad information/misinformed opinions on the POTUS board. ;-)

As a wily veteran of the interwebs and long-time RTF geek, I have opined about as much on electronic collars, british gun dogs, force fetch, Milner, dogs whining in the blind/on the line, water whacking ducks, mojo decoys, etc. as I think I care to. If/when I happen to see something that piques my interest, or if I think I can help, or if I think a poster hasn't received enough/adequate/correct advice/info then I might chime in. Whereas politics and current events change ever day and there's always fresh things to talk about.

Great points!

Paul, I didn't realize that this forum was only for people who know what they are doing with dogs. Foolish me, I thought it was also for people who might need help/advice training their dog! It seems that someone who doesn't know much wouldn't be the guy you want giving advice, and sometimes folks aren't always at a point where they need help.
Besides, who really gives a rip if someone doesn't have a dog and is an RTF member? I missed that requirement on the list when I signed up. All they wanted to know about me was my name, email, and password. Perhaps Chris should start requiring a picture of each prospective member pinching their dogs ear or putting on an e collar or driving to a test/trial, because if you don't do those three things, you aren't going to fit in anyway! Go ahead and weed out those with differing opinions so they don't get their hand smacked by the cliques and dog snobs when they ask about non FF or non e collar training!

Hope I don't trip getting off my soapbox regards,

Hew
07-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Go ahead and weed out those with differing opinions so they don't get their hand smacked by the cliques and dog snobs when they ask about non FF or non e collar training!
As an aside, Paul Young, as I understand it, is probably the most accomplished non-e collar trainer that posts on RTF (with accomplisments that anyone, regardless of their training methods, would be proud of). So you won't get any bashing or snobbery from him if you want to discuss your horse and buggy methods. He reserves his kookery for the POTUS forum. :);-):)

paul young
07-29-2010, 11:07 AM
yeah, "sometimes you feel like a nut; other times you don't!"-Paul

dback
07-29-2010, 02:02 PM
He reserves his kookery for the POTUS forum. :);-):)

Imagine my shock to find that is a real word and not a Hewphemism

Hew
07-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Imagine my shock to find that is a real word and not a Hewphemism
:D:D:D