PDA

View Full Version : AZ Immigration Law

Gerry Clinchy
07-28-2010, 07:28 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100728/ap_on_re_us/us_arizona_immigration

Some parts of the law will not be put in place. Looks like it will be a long court battle.

Franco
07-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Just another case of a liberal judge ruling against the will of the people.

I am afraid that comprehensive immigration reform is just a code word for open boarders.

david gibson
07-28-2010, 09:21 PM

I am afraid that comprehensive immigration reform is just a code word for open boarders.

your typo has an underlying meaning.........;-)

Franco
07-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Yup, well be paying for thier room and board just like we've been doing for the last 30 years. Including thier health care and education.;-)

kjrice
07-28-2010, 09:37 PM

A Clinton appointed judge...go figure.

david gibson
07-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Yup, well be paying for thier room and board just like we've been doing for the last 30 years. Including thier health care and education.;-)

and its racist of you to be against that. its their right to rip us off......

ducknwork
07-29-2010, 06:38 AM
If the judge ruled that securing the border is the fed's responsibility, would it be possible to sue the feds for not doing their job?

Ken Bora
07-29-2010, 06:50 AM
How can it be, that a piss poor little nation like North Korea can instantly capture two girls when they step on their turf. And imprison them for, was it months? Before they were released. And we, the only remaining “super power” are unable to do a single blessed thing about the hundreds of thousands stepping on our turf?
How can it be?
I say-
We take the, how many is it millions? Of useless dead weight slackers sitting on their fat butts collecting welfare, and smurfing out a “fatherless child” every year just to get a pay raise. Line um up hand to hand on the border 24/7 and tell um if they want money for nothing they are going to have to stand there. A human wall.

road kill
07-29-2010, 06:58 AM
How can it be, that a piss poor little nation like North Korea can instantly capture two girls when they step on their turf. And imprison them for, was it months? Before they were released. And we, the only remaining “super power” are unable to do a single blessed thing about the hundreds of thousands stepping on our turf?
How can it be?
I say-
We take the, how many is it millions? Of useless dead weight slackers sitting on their fat butts collecting welfare, and smurfing out a “fatherless child” every year just to get a pay raise. Line um up hand to hand on the border 24/7 and tell um if they want money for nothing they are going to have to stand there. A human wall.

Because those are future votes!!

And guess who they will vote for???:rolleyes:

stan b

Ken Bora
07-29-2010, 07:12 AM
How the heck can an illegal alien vote?
Come on, that is like saying a dead person can vote.

road kill
07-29-2010, 07:15 AM

In WI the "dead" vote went for the Soros progressive party 100%!!

(for those of you confused, that would be Obama)

rk:D

Gerry Clinchy
07-29-2010, 07:33 AM
NY Times today
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/29/us/29border.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&th&emc=th

Things must be pretty bad in Mexico for people to risk their lives like this to escape.

This article makes a point of how "effective" upgraded Fed activity has made the illegals seek entry in more remote areas ... that are more dangerous.

Why would a human rights group place more blame on legitimate border enforcement than the human smugglers?

Human rights groups say it is the government’s sustained crackdown on human smuggling that has led to more deaths.

Interesting thought: There are those who say (the govt, included) that it would not be possible to deport all illegals. Also obvious, that the problem is so huge in #s of illegals present that they do not have the manpower to investigate and deport them all.

So, if they can't handle the problem of illegals entering the country; and can't handle the issue of deporting those that are here; how does any kind of amnesty help change that? It just means that our present system is incapable of handling illegal immigration (and, it also seems, legal immigration) with any degree of effectiveness. So, granting amnesty will simply mean that we do another amnesty all over again in the future. Oh ... didn't we do that already with Reagan's amnesty program?

If the Fed is admitting that it cannot protect the borders ... then why would it not authorize the states to do so if they are willing to do so?

As for the ruling, it could be a double-edged sword. The basis for the ruling would also apply to regulations of sanctuary cities' governments. Guess Holder will have to sue them, too?

YardleyLabs
07-29-2010, 08:19 AM

Just to provide context, over 400,000 illegal immigrants were deported last year -- a record. For the two young ladies in North Korea, it is not altogether clear whether they actually entered Korea voluntarily. They were watching for people trying to leave North Korea for China and their guide appears to have set them up to be captured.

Hew
07-29-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm reminded of the scene in "The Godfather" where Michael Corleone says, "Oh, really? Now who's being naive, Kay?" ;-)

Or perhaps what Joe Kennedy reportedly told JFK during the presidential primaries...."Don't buy another vote. I won't pay for a damned landslide."

david gibson
07-29-2010, 10:07 AM

well, there us another strep called "amnesty" that will happen first. plus all their legal relatives are hereby swayed in the lefts favor....

badbullgator
07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
behind a hispanic couple at the store lastnight. One baby maybe 2-4 months old, one probably 2ish and one maybe a year older. Daddy did not seem to speak English since his wife (baby's mamma or wife I don't know) had to tell him everything in Spanish. They were paying for their items with WIC checks, three different sets of them. They rang up one set, then the next, then the next. I have a problem with this. You don't speak English (I would bets my right,,, that he was illegal) and you have three kids that you need my assistance to feed. I am not a big fan of WIC in the first place, but can see it in the case of one child, but you have THREE all within a year or two of each other that you CANNOT afford to feed. that is a problem.
Sorry that is off topic for this thread, but maybe not that far off topic

badbullgator
07-29-2010, 10:51 AM
well, there us another strep called "amnesty" that will happen first. plus all their legal relatives are hereby swayed in the lefts favor....

David
It is my understanding that MANY do not want to become citizens. MANY want to just come here to work and do so illegally. Amnesty may not involve as many as you think. I also think MANY or MOST illegal’s are LAZY and that is why they take the route they do. Is it that hard to come here legally from Mexico? I work with and have worked with many people from around the world and all of them have come here legally. They all say it is a lot of work but that is how they do it as they should. These lazy ass law breakers are not willing to follow the rules and can only do this because they can walk here. Much harder for someone from England to walk over…

ducknwork
07-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I am not a big fan of WIC in the first place, but can see it in the case of one child, but you have THREE all within a year or two of each other that you CANNOT afford to feed. that is a problem.

Not to further hijack the thread, but don't be so sure that they can't afford to feed their kids. Many people don't want to afford to feed them, so they make it look like they can't...I think that may even be a bigger problem. You can feed your family, fairly healthy, for not a lot of money. But why would you if the govt will feed you better?

david gibson
07-29-2010, 11:21 AM
behind a hispanic couple at the store lastnight. One baby maybe 2-4 months old, one probably 2ish and one maybe a year older. Daddy did not seem to speak English since his wife (baby's mamma or wife I don't know) had to tell him everything in Spanish. They were paying for their items with WIC checks, three different sets of them. They rang up one set, then the next, then the next. I have a problem with this. You don't speak English (I would bets my right,,, that he was illegal) and you have three kids that you need my assistance to feed. I am not a big fan of WIC in the first place, but can see it in the case of one child, but you have THREE all within a year or two of each other that you CANNOT afford to feed. that is a problem.

i am a big fan of wic in the realm of its intended purpose - both bushes and reagan vowed to never touch it. the problem is they are expressly forbidden to ask about citizenship. i guess in the long run if we dont make sure they are recieving correct nutrition then we have other more costly issues to pay for down the road, 'cause they aint gonna go back.

badbullgator
07-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Not to further hijack the thread, but don't be so sure that they can't afford to feed their kids. Many people don't want to afford to feed them, so they make it look like they can't...I think that may even be a bigger problem. You can feed your family, fairly healthy, for not a lot of money. But why would you if the govt will feed you better?

True, true. Still either way...

badbullgator
07-29-2010, 11:24 AM
i am a big fan of wic in the realm of its intended purpose - both bushes and reagan vowed to never touch it. the problem is they are expressly forbidden to ask about citizenship. i guess in the long run if we dont make sure they are recieving correct nutrition then we have other more costly issues to pay for down the road, 'cause they aint gonna go back.

Problem is I see way more abuse than use. three kids and getting them for all three....abuse

Eric Johnson
07-29-2010, 01:02 PM
The actual decision is at:

http://www.azd.uscourts.gov/azd/courtinfo.nsf/983700DFEE44B56B0725776E005D6CCB/$file/10-1413-87.pdf?openelement

http://tinyurl.com/2cbhklv

mjh345
07-29-2010, 01:53 PM
If the judge ruled that securing the border is the fed's responsibility, would it be possible to sue the feds for not doing their job?

Good idea, the vFeds failure to do their job is costing the states PLENTY

This is so ridiculous. The Feds claim that immigration is their jurisdiction, but they are completely ineffectual in controlling it.
Then they want to stop the states from doing something about it

Pals
07-29-2010, 02:26 PM

Ken-

You come on down to good old Illinois and I'll show you how its done, Chicago style.

xxxooo,

ducknwork
07-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Good idea, the vFeds failure to do their job is costing the states PLENTY

This is so ridiculous. The Feds claim that immigration is their jurisdiction, but they are completely ineffectual in controlling it.
Then they want to stop the states from doing something about it

My point exactly. Why has the issue not been attacked from that angle? Is there something that would prevent a successful lawsuit along those lines?