PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8

Al VanHoey
07-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Psalm 109:8

We were in slow-moving traffic the other day and the car in front of us had an Obama bumper sticker on it. It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".

My wife's Bible was lying on the dash board & she got it & opened it up to the scripture & read it. She started laughing & laughing.. Then she read it to me. I couldn't believe what it said. I had a good laugh, too.

Psalm 109:8 "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

At last - I can voice a Biblical prayer for our president!

david gibson
07-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Psalm 109:8

We were in slow-moving traffic the other day and the car in front of us had an Obama bumper sticker on it. It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".

My wife's Bible was lying on the dash board & she got it & opened it up to the scripture & read it. She started laughing & laughing.. Then she read it to me. I couldn't believe what it said. I had a good laugh, too.

Psalm 109:8 "Let his days be few and brief; and let others step forward to replace him."

At last - I can voice a Biblical prayer for our president!

whoooHooooo!!!!!!! i love it! this is going on facebook to all my friends and family!!!!!!

YardleyLabs
07-29-2010, 07:17 PM
whoooHooooo!!!!!!! i love it! this is going on facebook to all my friends and family!!!!!!
Might want to watch out for the end of that prayer......
29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame; and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.
30 I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.
31 For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

david gibson
07-29-2010, 07:34 PM
29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame; and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.
30 I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.
31 For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him from those that condemn his soul.

who cares? the start is enough.....

code3retrievers
07-30-2010, 09:35 AM

Jeff, you can't be that ignorant. The psalm is about lairs and slanders. The end switches to the praise of the Lord. So unless you are claiming that Obama is God you are way off base.

But maybe that is exactly what you believe.

Buzz
07-30-2010, 10:05 AM
You gotta love 109:9

9 Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

Nice...

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Jeff, you can't be that ignorant. The psalm is about lairs and slanders. The end switches to the praise of the Lord. So unless you are claiming that Obama is God you are way off base.

But maybe that is exactly what you believe.
It is one of the better strings of curses I have read. However, it is good to understand that in the world of the Bible, he who loves and cares for the poor fares a lot better than he who does not.

For he [God] shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him [the one unfairly injured who is uttering this prayer] from those that condemn his soul.
Compassion for those who are not receiving the material rewards of this world appears to be in short supply in this forum.

road kill
07-30-2010, 10:20 AM
It is one of the better strings of curses I have read. However, it is good to understand that in the world of the Bible, he who loves and cares for the poor fares a lot better than he who does not.

For he [God] shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save him [the one unfairly injured who is uttering this prayer] from those that condemn his soul.
Compassion for those who are not receiving the material rewards of this world appears to be in short supply in this forum.

That right there is the ultimate irony, Yardley quoting scripture!!!

Hypocrisy 101!!!!:D

hy·poc·ri·sy   –noun
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

rk

Buzz
07-30-2010, 10:21 AM
[/INDENT]Compassion for those who are not receiving the material rewards of this world appears to be in short supply in this forum.

I was listening to FOX radio last night in my truck. I heard the contention that if not for the safety net in this country - set up by liberals, we wouldn't have an immigration problem in this country. We wouldn't need to spend money on fences, border patrol, or tracking down and exporting illegals.

Buzz
07-30-2010, 10:22 AM

hy·poc·ri·sy   –noun
1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

rk

Stan, is it just me, or has this thing with Jeff gotten personal?

road kill
07-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Stan, is it just me, or has this thing with Jeff gotten personal?
Is there no irony or hypocrisy in his post?

rk

aandw
07-30-2010, 12:54 PM

compassion for others and from God is a individual sacrifice. we don't get compassion for something our government does with our money. nor do i believe government leaders benefit by giving someone else's money to help others.
if you want God and morality out of the government don't pull Him in when it is convenient.

dnf777
07-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Is there no irony or hypocrisy in his post?

rk

Not at all. I saw it as responding in kind to a Biblical verse, that was as usual, taken out of context to push one's agenda. He only widened the field of view, so the entire verse could be seen, in its full context. Very anti-Breitbart, but not ironic.

Jeff is one of only a few on this forum who respond point for point, with facts. Some call it irony or hypocrisy.....the Manual of Debate calls it valid argument.

road kill
07-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Not at all. I saw it as responding in kind to a Biblical verse, that was as usual, taken out of context to push one's agenda. He only widened the field of view, so the entire verse could be seen, in its full context. Very anti-Breitbart, but not ironic.

Jeff is one of only a few on this forum who respond point for point, with facts. Some call it irony or hypocrisy.....the Manual of Debate calls it valid argument.

The irony is in the fact that Jeff does not beleive in God, nor does he recognize organized religion, unless it suits him.
Nothing you can say or spin can refute his own posted facts and statements.

hy·poc·ri·sy   –noun

Does he give you a treat for covering for him???:D

rk

gman0046
07-30-2010, 01:18 PM
He must believe in something. His church has a 20% gay population and there are as many same sex marriages as there are heterosexual marriages. These are the figures he gave us which has to be well above the average for churches in the U.S.

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 01:51 PM

hy·poc·ri·sy   –noun

rk
I make no pretense of believing the Bible is the word of God, or of believing that there is a God. That does not mean that I do not respect the moral traditions espoused in the Bible and other religious texts, or that I lack morals. Having made all of those points clear repeatedly, I can hardly be accused of hypocrisy. The same cannot be said of those who espouse Christianity but reject compassion and charity.:rolleyes:

road kill
07-30-2010, 01:53 PM
I make no pretense of believing the Bible is the word of God, or of believing that there is a God. That does not mean that I do not respect the moral traditions espoused in the Bible and other religious texts, or that I lack morals. Having made all of those points clear repeatedly, I can hardly be accused of hypocrisy. The same cannot be said of those who espouse Christianity but reject compassion and charity.:rolleyes:

"Condescension is a show of disdain and superiority in which the condescending person patronizes, or considers himself superior and "descends" to the level of, the disdained person."

You are so above it all!!:cool:

stan b

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 01:58 PM
He must believe in something. His church has a 20% gay population and there are as many same sex marriages as there are heterosexual marriages. These are the figures he gave us which has to be well above the average for churches in the U.S.
I believe in lots of things and attend a church that I find compatible with my beliefs. I do not believe in God, and therefore call myself an atheist. However, that is an inconsequential part of my belief system. The fact is that in my belief system, the existence or non-existence of a god means little. I believe that humans are responsible for their own morality individually and collectively. I also believe that morality is too important to be 'blamed" or "excused" by religious belief.

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 02:01 PM
"Condescension is a show of disdain and superiority in which the condescending person patronizes, or considers himself superior and "descends" to the level of, the disdained person."

You are so above it all!!:cool:

stan b
I suspect that we both suffer some in that dimension.

road kill
07-30-2010, 02:06 PM
I suspect that we both suffer some in that dimension.
I try to look up to and respect every one.
In your case I make an exception.
You talk down to everyone and I think you truly beleive that you've done more and know more than anyone.

I am not alone in those perceptions.

You may not be that way in person, but you sure are here.

stan b

Buzz
07-30-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't worry about it.

No matter who you are, how much you know, how much you've done, or how smart you are, there is always someone who knows more, has done more, or is smarter.

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't worry about it.

No matter who you are, how much you know, how much you've done, or how smart you are, there is always someone who knows more, has done more, or is smarter.
And that is an indisputable truth.

dnf777
07-30-2010, 02:30 PM
The irony is in the fact that Jeff does not beleive in God, nor does he recognize organized religion, unless it suits him.
Nothing you can say or spin can refute his own posted facts and statements.

hy·poc·ri·sy   –noun

Does he give you a treat for covering for him???:D

rk

So Jeff doesn't possess any character, moral or religious beliefs, or principles because he doesn't attend your church, or believe in the same type of moral guideposts that you do? I hope I'm mis-reading your comment.

I don't know Jeff, nor do I care to defend him, but I bet if you looked at his deeds and accomplishments, you would find he is indeed in possession of those qualities above, as I hope MOST on this list would be.......be they Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddah, deist, athiest, or even republican. ;)

No treats in return.....and I would defend you, or anyone else who came under such attack undeservedly.

road kill
07-30-2010, 02:34 PM
So Jeff doesn't possess any character, moral or religious beliefs, or principles because he doesn't attend your church, or believe in the same type of moral guideposts that you do? I hope I'm mis-reading your comment.

I don't know Jeff, nor do I care to defend him, but I bet if you looked at his deeds and accomplishments, you would find he is indeed in possession of those qualities above, as I hope MOST on this list would be.......be they Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddah, deist, athiest, or even republican. ;)

No treats in return.....and I would defend you, or anyone else who came under such attack undeservedly.

So, you are telling me that you see no merit whatsoever in my point?

I claim your stand is based on ideology, that's all.

stan b

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 02:46 PM

stan b
If you are going to insult me, I'll ask for specifics, because you have shown none whatsoever.

hy·poc·ri·sy   –noun

Where have I demonstrated such a pretense? Surely not by quoting the Bible. If I quote Plato, does that make be Greek?

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to post all those times that you said I have cited the actions of a few to condemn Christianity.

road kill
07-30-2010, 02:48 PM
If you are going to insult me, I'll ask for specifics, because you have shown none whatsoever.

hy·poc·ri·sy   –noun

Where have I demonstrated such a pretense? Surely not by quoting the Bible. If I quote Plato, does that make be Greek?

By the way, I'm still waiting for you to post all those times that you said I have cited the actions of a few to condemn Christianity.

It's not an insult, it's what you do, it's who you are.
The definition states nothing about Plato.
Like you said, you've heard it all before.......

stan b

dnf777
07-30-2010, 02:51 PM

stan b

The ideology that we shouldn't be attacking one another like that? Guilty as charged!

It would be hypocritical, and I would agree with the merit of your point had Jeff said, "MY GOD SAID YOU SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T DO X, Y, AND Z!" But he didn't, so I don't see any hypocrisy. He only took an abstracted Biblical quote, and put it back into its complete context, to reveal the true meaning of the passage. Your definition of hypocrisy didn't stop at religious beliefs anyway. Even your highlighted portion included "principles, etc".

Maybe Jeff, you, or me are immoral pervs to the nth degree, but I certainly don't get that feeling from conversing with anyone on this forum, and will give us all the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise!

I wish I weren't working for the next 72 hours, or I'd suggest we all pour our favorite mix, and have a good TGIF toast, and get on with things.

Have a good weekend all.....watch the heat though

troy schwab
07-30-2010, 03:15 PM

LOL There is a chart/ graph I would like to see....... Seriously????

gman0046
07-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Another fact from Yardley I found interesting was his statement regarding that a number
of gays are involved with retriever training. That surprised me.

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Another fact from Yardley I found interesting was his statement regarding that a number
of gays are involved with retriever training. That surprised me.
Why don't you spend the next several years attending trials and getting to know the people who help make the sport run before making too many assumptions about what types of people are involved.

Buzz
07-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Why don't you spend the next several years attending trials and getting to know the people who help make the sport run before making too many assumptions about what types of people are involved.

I wonder what kind of people are involved in dock diving?

gman0046
07-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Yardley your the one who made the claim of gays in the sport to David Gibson. Are you back tracking?

gman0046
07-30-2010, 05:49 PM
People in Dock Diving don't make gay claims. Buzz why don't you attend an event and find out. Or isn't your dog athletic enough?

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Yardley your the one who made the claim of gays in the sport to David Gibson. Are you back tracking?
No............

Franco
07-30-2010, 05:58 PM
I think the entire premise of this thread is nutz!

As an Independent, I am free to support and believe what I want to. I am Conservative with most issues and Progessive with others. I don't need the Democrats or Republicans doing my thinking for me.

However, it just kills me to see a Progessive make all the self-described Conservatives on this thread look silly!

road kill
07-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I think the entire premise of this thread is nutz!

As an Independent, I am free to support and believe what I want to. I am Conservative with most issues and Progessive with others. I don't need the Democrats or Republicans doing my thinking for me.

However, it just kills me to see a Progessive make all the self-described Conservatives on this thread look silly!

Yeah, usually the progressives wriggle they way out through pompous verbosity.
But when you stay on topic and pin them, they get testy.

I like it.

RK

Franco
07-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah, usually the progressives wriggle they way out through pompous verbosity.
But when you stay on topic and pin them, they get testy.

I like it.

RK

I read this thread for the first time just a little while ago. I didn't find any wiggle or pompous verbosity from Jeff.

To be honest, all the wiggle was from those attacking him. He made his points clearly and no one could counter them so he was attacked personally.

I disagree with most of his political views but, I've read enough of his post to know his responces are well thought out and they get those arguing with him frustrated. So, they try to find a way to attck the messenger and not the message.

Just calling it as I see it.

dnf777
07-30-2010, 06:17 PM
This is one of the best descriptions of how I feel about organized religion, and it comes from an author I've never read: Anne Rice

“My faith in Christ is central to my life. My conversion from a pessimistic atheist lost in a world I didn't understand, to an optimistic believer in a universe created and sustained by a loving God is crucial to me," Rice wrote. "But following Christ does not mean following His followers. Christ is infinitely more important than Christianity and always will be, no matter what Christianity is, has been or might become.”

I wonder if she's becoming a(n) Unitarian??

road kill
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I read this thread for the first time just a little while ago. I didn't find any wiggle or pompous verbosity from Jeff.

To be honest, all the wiggle was from those attacking him. He made his points clearly and no one could counter them so he was attacked personally.

I disagree with most of his political views but, I've read enough of his post to know his responces are well thought out and they get those arguing with him frustrated. So, they try to find a way to attck the messenger and not the message.

Just calling it as I see it.

I guess we will agree to disagree.
I am not frustrated.

I don't like his message.
I don't like the delivery.
I don't like his politics.
I don't like the condescension.

I pretty much respect everyone here, but him.
That's because to me, his approach is that he is a cut above the rest, doesn't really respect anyone else's opinions.
I will remain this way untill I see some respect for others from him.
And trust me, I do not stand alone on this.

(Some of the finest people I ever knew had no formal education)

That's it in a nutshell.

If you don't see it, that's OK, this is what I see.

RK

Franco
07-30-2010, 06:25 PM
I guess we will agree to disagree.
I am not frustrated.

I don't like his message.
I don't like the delivery.
I don't like his politics.
I don't like the condescension.

I pretty much respect everyone here, but him.
That's because to me, his approach is that he is a cut above the rest, doesn't really respect anyone else's opinions.
I will remain this way untill I see some respect for others from him.

Some of the finest people I ever knew had no formal education.

That's it in a nutshell.

If you don't see it, that's OK, this is what I see.

RK

No disagreement with me on what I highlighted.

DNF, Ann Rice is a walking paradox. She has written some excellent Vampire tales and is a huge Saints fan.;-)

Her point is very well taken!

road kill
07-30-2010, 06:27 PM
No disagreement with me on what I highlighted. I prefer, Salt-Of-The-Earth types,

DNF, Ann Rice is a walking paradox. She has written some excellent Vampire tales and is a huge Saints fan.;-)

We won't hold that against her!!;-)

Go PACK!!

RK

gman0046
07-30-2010, 06:29 PM
I could care less about Yardleys pre-teen sexual encounters that he has shared with us. I could also care less about Yardleys childhood experiences and his encounters with gay adults. We also don't need to know the percentage of gays in his church and the percentage of same sex marriages they perform. That also goes for his report that numbers of gays participate in retriever training. Thats more then we need to know. Keep it to yourself Yardley.

dnf777
07-30-2010, 06:33 PM
No disagreement with me on what I highlighted.

I know nothing about Anne Rice, but am tempted to read her works now. She sounds interesting.

I agree with you on the other issue. I have not seen Jeff bare teeth except when really viciously attacked, and it seemed more than justified. When rumors or just plain lies are debunked with facts, I do not consider that condascendery. Having much respect for both Yardley and RK, I wish they would learn to play nice together. They both bring very provocative thoughts to the board.

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I could care less about Yardleys pre-teen sexual encounters that he has shared with us. I could also care less about Yardleys childhood experiences and his encounters with gay adults. We also don't need to know the percentage of gays in his church and the percentage of same sex marriages they perform. That also goes for his report that numbers of gays participate in retriever training. Thats more then we need to know. Keep it to yourself Yardley.
I would be perfectly happy to see an end to all comments about ethnicity, sexuality, or religion as characteristics defining who we should hate or love, who we should allow to build or move in next door, or who, in whatever manner, is a legitimate part of our retriever or national community. However, as long as some in this forum choose to attack others based on any of those criteria, I will continue to speak up.

gman0046
07-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Yardley your the only person on this site who sees fit to bring up their childhood. Frankly I don't think anyone really cares.

road kill
07-30-2010, 08:01 PM
I would be perfectly happy to see an end to all comments about ethnicity, sexuality, or religion as characteristics defining who we should hate or love, who we should allow to build or move in next door, or who, in whatever manner, is a legitimate part of our retriever or national community. However, as long as some in this forum choose to attack others based on any of those criteria, I will continue to speak up.

Second best progressive play!!!
(first is the race card)

The VICTIM card.

And to watch you middle of the roaders genuflect and feed him.

Hilarious!!

Poor innocent Yardley, being viciously attacked for no reason.
(you know, you had me for a second, I forgot about page 2 of the progressive's playbook;-))

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!!

RK

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Second best progressive play!!!
(first is the race card)

The VICTIM card.

And to watch you middle of the roaders genuflect and feed him.

Hilarious!!

Poor innocent Yardley, being viciously attacked for no reason.
(you know, you had me for a second, I forgot about page 2 of the progressive's playbook;-))

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!!

RK
tan,

I think Franco already hit your nail on the head.

road kill
07-30-2010, 08:08 PM
tan,

I think Franco already hit your nail on the head.

Who's tan???

I hit YOUR nail squarely on the head!!

You poor victim........:D

RK

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Who's tan???

I hit YOUR nail squarely on the head!!

You poor victim........:D

RK
I'm hoping that you are keeping your pants zipped and doing an LBJ (they don't call it a Johnson for nothing).

Until you become accustomed to arguing with facts and analysis instead of third grade name calling, you won't amount to much more than than noise.

road kill
07-30-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm hoping that you are keeping your pants zipped and doing an LBJ (they don't call it a Johnson for nothing).

Until you become accustomed to arguing with facts and analysis instead of third grade name calling, you won't amount to much more than than noise.

Please keep your sexual fantasies out of it.

Talk about personal insults.
You are the king.

Now, Mr. VICTIM, deny you just posted that disgusting crap!!

Franco, DNF, tell me all about his dignity.
Tell me when I have ever posted anything like this, ever, anywhere.
And tell me this has a place on this or any other forum.

Stick up for the poor innocent VICTIM here.

And all can see the true Yardley!!

Thanks Jeff, you've made it easy.

RK

dnf777
07-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Stan,
You gotta admit, if you weren't eyeball deep in this one, you too would be ROTF LYAO!

Yes, you got yardley to break and hurl an insult---but hearing that, and you're rapier response, has me wiping coffee off the monitor!

Two of the forum-gentlemen are lobbing sexual insults at each other, and Gman and I found something to agree on........what the hell is this list coming to!!!!!

YardleyLabs
07-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Please keep your sexual fantasies out of it.

Talk about personal insults.
You are the king.

Now, Mr. VICTIM, deny you just posted that disgusting crap!!

Franco, DNF, tell me all about his dignity.
Tell me when I have ever posted anything like this, ever, anywhere.
And tell me this has a place on this or any other forum.

Stick up for the poor innocent VICTIM here.

And all can see the true Yardley!!

Thanks Jeff, you've made it easy.

RK
Yes Stan. I delivered a personal insult -- well overdue. You have spent several hours over the last few days lobbing personal insults at me and have yet to respond substantively to a single post -- a weak performance even by your standards. You can continue your playground games, if you wish, playing with yourself. I'll be happy to respond on your next post that involves some substance.

road kill
07-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Yes Stan. I delivered a personal insult -- well overdue. You have spent several hours over the last few days lobbing personal insults at me and have yet to respond substantively to a single post -- a weak performance even by your standards. You can continue your playground games, if you wish, playing with yourself. I'll be happy to respond on your next post that involves some substance.

hmmmmmm.....substance, oh like this post??
OK!!

Hey anybody got any cheese to go with this whine??

And you are trying to justify and rationalize a sexualy deviant insult??

RK

road kill
07-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Stan,
You gotta admit, if you weren't eyeball deep in this one, you too would be ROTF LYAO!

Yes, you got yardley to break and hurl an insult---but hearing that, and you're rapier response, has me wiping coffee off the monitor!

Two of the forum-gentlemen are lobbing sexual insults at each other, and Gman and I found something to agree on........what the hell is this list coming to!!!!!

No, I don't.
He is what he is.
I call them like I see them.

RK

ducknwork
07-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Yardley your the only person on this site who sees fit to bring up their childhood. Frankly I don't think anyone really cares.

What purpose does it serve for you act like such a d1ckhead?

gman0046
07-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Duckwork, Yardley's pre-teen sexual experiences do nothing for me and for the rest of the posters. What purpose does it do for you? Obviouly you feel different then the rest of us.

Franco
07-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Go PACK!!

RK

This coming season, I have the NFC coming down to the Pack and Saints.
The AFC between the Jets and Texans. ;-)

road kill
07-31-2010, 11:09 AM
This coming season, I have the NFC coming down to the Pack and Saints.
The AFC between the Jets and Texans. ;-)

I really like the Jets.
Rogers is very good, but I still have a man-crush on #4!!!:lol:
(worse than RP & Bush!!)
Not gonna be good if he comes back, the Saints beat the hell out of him.

Curious about Steelers?

We should start an NFL thread.

RK

YardleyLabs
07-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Duckwork, Yardley's pre-teen sexual experiences do nothing for me and for the rest of the posters. What purpose does it do for you? Obviouly you feel different then the rest of us.
My reference, whether well advised or not, came from Gibson mocking DNF for his support of same sex relationships because Dave stated that he knew two gay couples. David Gibson ridiculed that as a meaningless level of exposure (never indicating his own exposure). My comments were geared to show that I had a pretty broad experience with people who are gay -- both positive and negative -- and that I shared DNF's belief that such relationships are the business of the people involved and that it is ridiculous to denigrate any loving, responsible relationship between adults.

road kill
07-31-2010, 11:12 AM
My reference, whether well advised or not, came from Gibson mocking DNF for his support of same sex relationships because Dave stated that he knew two gay couples. David Gibson ridiculed that as a meaningless level of exposure (never indicating his own exposure). My comments were geared to show that I had a pretty broad experience with people who are gay -- both positive and negative -- and that I shared DNF's belief that such relationships are the business of the people involved and that it is ridiculous to denigrate any loving, responsible relationship between adults.

I don't beleive anyone here would ever denigrate a LOVING relationship.

The DECISION to perform physical activity is another matter all together.

RK

YardleyLabs
07-31-2010, 11:24 AM
I don't beleive anyone here would ever denigrate a LOVING relationship.

The DECISION to perform physical activity is another matter all together.

RK
Well, the Supreme Court ruled that what consenting adults do in the bedroom is nobody's business except their own. Are you such a proponent of big government that you want to invite the government back in?

road kill
07-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, the Supreme Court ruled that what consenting adults do in the bedroom is nobody's business except their own. Are you such a proponent of big government that you want to invite the government back in?

I didn't say anything about Government.
You must be referring to someone elses post.:D

RK

ducknwork
07-31-2010, 11:50 AM

It doesn't 'do anything' for me. I just don't see why you and others find it so necessary to continue to reference it in a manner that is borderline ridicule. If it bothers you so bad and you don't want to think about it, then why not let it die?;)

Where I come from, someone who has had something like that happen to them, regardless of political views, religious views, or whether or not I like them deserves at least the eensiest bit of compassion. I'm sure that you are thinking, 'well, he brought it up, so it's fair game', but still, give the guy a break. I don't think you would like it very much if people needled you over something like that.

Golden rule regards,

ducknwork
07-31-2010, 11:51 AM

Tell them to keep it in their bedroom. Not in the mall. Or the WalMart parking lot. Or on tv. Don't try to force me to accept it and condemn me if I don't think what you are doing is right (think Carrie Prejean). Same goes for heteros. Have some common decency and keep your private stuff, well, PRIVATE.

dnf777
07-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Tell them to keep it in their bedroom. Not in the mall. Or the WalMart parking lot. Or on tv. Don't try to force me to accept it and condemn me if I don't think what you are doing is right (think Carrie Prejean). Same goes for heteros. Have some common decency and keep your private stuff, well, PRIVATE.

Amen to that!

I'm much more offended by slobs making out with food stamps stuffed in their pockets next to the cigarettes. THEY make more mouths to feed....gay couples don't. Thought the conservatives would appreciate that point. :D
(and gay couples don't have abortions....even more reason to welcome them into the GOP)

BrianW
07-31-2010, 05:07 PM
In regards to Jeff's 'excerpt" from Psalm 30, did anyone read the context where it came from?

Most of the psalm, including 8 is a curse against those who have lied about the man of God.
Then 26 -31 are prayers & praise to God.

26 Help me, O LORD my God:
O save me according to thy mercy: 27 that they may know that this is thy hand;
that thou, LORD, hast done it. 28 Let them curse, but bless thou:
when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice. 29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame;
and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle. 30 I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth;
yea, I will praise him among the multitude. 31 For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor,
to save him from those that condemn his soul.

In 31 David is referring to tho Lord staying by the poor, not the liars/cursed one whose days be few in 8. See how his excerptions out of context changed meaning.

But I don't like the psalm as "pray for Obama" because of the rest of the curses which must also be considered.
9 Let his children be fatherless,
and his wife a widow. 10 Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg:
let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places
That's the last thing we need in our country at this point.

How about actually praying for the President, that he be touched by God, say in the manner He touched Saul/Paul on the road to Tarsus.
Wouldn't that be more "Christian"?

YardleyLabs
08-01-2010, 12:56 PM
There is more to that chapter than meets the eye. There is a context in which no one cared to elaberate on. remember David was a King and lived in a world of politics

The ink hasn't dried yet. This is what politics are. A bunch of savages spreading lies and accusations to make themselves more powerful , tarnishing the reputation of the innocent . Their day will come. They may not reap what they have sowed in this life time,,but their day is coming. The race is not always to the swift,,,,, and the rain falls on the unjust as well as the just. Then and only then will things be made right. For now all we can do is enjoy the show

Pete
Pete,
I often wished I believed in that ultimate justice.

Clint Watts
08-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Pete,
I often wished I believed in that ultimate justice.

Our God is a loving God, he is waiting for you.

Buzz
08-02-2010, 07:53 PM
What purpose does it serve for you act like such a d1ckhead?

First time I've ever read anything on this forum that made me laugh my arse off. Thanks!

JDogger
08-02-2010, 08:04 PM
There is more to that chapter than meets the eye. There is a context in which no one cared to elaberate on. remember David was a King and lived in a world of politics

The ink hasn't dried yet. This is what politics are. A bunch of savages spreading lies and accusations to make themselves more powerful , tarnishing the reputation of the innocent . Their day will come. They may not reap what they have sowed in this life time,,but their day is coming. The race is not always to the swift,,,,, and the rain falls on the unjust as well as the just. Then and only then will things be made right. For now all we can do is enjoy the show

Pete

Yes, it does, Pete.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/Kliban%20cartoons/justalike.jpg

JD