PDA

View Full Version : Draining the Swamp!!

road kill
07-30-2010, 04:20 PM
It appears Nancy may be doing just that, although I doubt this is what she had in mind!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXYVGF_IPc
ROFLMMFAO!!!!!:p

First Charly, now Maxine!!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/40399.html

RK

gman0046
07-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Is Maxine Waters a woman ? Its hard to tell from the politico video.

JDogger
07-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Is Maxine Waters a woman ? Its hard to tell from the politico video.

does John Ensign ring a bell? JD

BonMallari
07-30-2010, 09:33 PM
does John Ensign ring a bell? JD

as someone who supported and campaigned for John Ensign....he needs to go along with Harry Reid....John because he was stupid and thought with his brain below his belt buckle....Harry has a whole different set of issues

I have lost almost all respect for John Ensign...he should have stuck to being a darn good veterinarian...

JDogger
07-30-2010, 09:40 PM
as someone who supported and campaigned for John Ensign....he needs to go along with Harry Reid....John because he was stupid and thought with his brain below his belt buckle....Harry has a whole different set of issues

I have lost almost all respect for John Ensign...he should have stuck to being a darn good veterinarian...

The swamp needs to be drained. It's up to us, Will we do it. I have some doubts. Let's see what comes in a few months. :(

JD

M&K's Retrievers
07-30-2010, 11:26 PM
My definition of draining the swamp is different than Pelosi's. Get rid of all of them - Reps & Dems and don't forget the Inds.

Gerry Clinchy
07-31-2010, 07:17 AM
My definition of draining the swamp is different than Pelosi's. Get rid of all of them - Reps & Dems and don't forget the Inds.

I might want to look at their voting records & how long they have already been in office.

A freshman Congressman who voted his conscience v. party line might be more desirable than an unknown supported by lots of party funds. Though I would admit it's kind of hard to find a D candidate who will make it to primaries without party $ AND ALSO reflects diversity of opinion with the party's objectives. PA's Sestak would be such an example. The party didn't want him as their candidate, but he does pretty much express the views of the D party on the various issues.

M&K's Retrievers
07-31-2010, 05:52 PM
I might want to look at their voting records & how long they have already been in office.

I don't know. It seems like once they get to DC they immediately start looking out for what's in it for them and start feathering their nests. These positions cannot be careers. Pensions should not be available. Limit their terms and skinny down their benefits. Oh, throw the guilty ones in jail and forfeit their benefits.

Gerry Clinchy
07-31-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't know. It seems like once they get to DC they immediately start looking out for what's in it for them and start feathering their nests. These positions cannot be careers. Pensions should not be available. Limit their terms and skinny down their benefits. Oh, throw the guilty ones in jail and forfeit their benefits.

I pretty much agree with them quickly getting in the DC groove. 6 years should be enough for any of them ... before their power gets too large (sort of like "too big to fail" concept).

I doubt the founders intended for legislators to make careers out of Congress.

The only tool available is the ballot box ... a Constitutional amendment requires the vote of Congress (as well as all the State legislatures). Can you imagine them giving up their own gravy train? Somehow I don't think so.