PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football League

Pages : [1] 2

road kill
07-31-2010, 03:38 PM
We have a POTUS Fantasy Football League.

Here are particulars;

Fantasy League info;

POTUS League
284928 ID

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=284928

Need 10 teams=2 divisions.

Regular draft???

Enter and sign in.

RK

road kill
07-31-2010, 05:11 PM

Here are particulars;

Fantasy League info;

POTUS League
284928 ID

Regular draft???

Enter and sign in.

RK

TRY AGAIN PLEASE!!

I inadvertently set it up as a private league.

stan b

Franco
07-31-2010, 06:07 PM
OK, got my Team Saint007 registered. Now what, how do I pick players?
Can we pick entire teams?

road kill
07-31-2010, 06:09 PM

When we fill up, I will let everyone know.
We will pick a day and time to have the draft.
Those that can't make it will get auto picks, so they don't get screwed..

It is pretty kool.
You'll follow the games (all of them) a lot closer.
It's weird, but makes Sun/Mon much more interesting.

stan b

road kill
08-01-2010, 07:36 AM

Here are particulars;

Fantasy League info;

POTUS League
284928 ID

Regular draft???

Enter and sign in.

RK

C'mon, we need a few more teams!!

RK

road kill
08-03-2010, 09:01 AM
OK, we only have 4 teams.
It would be nice to have 8, but even 6 would be kool.

Jump into the league, we can help you if your unsure, it will be fun to have something to rag about that doesn't get personal.

RK

troy schwab
08-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Im signed up.

road kill
08-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Im signed up.

KOOL, it will be fun.

stan b

Franco
08-03-2010, 10:43 AM
One player not to pick is Brett Farve since he just announced his retirement.

What a glorious career and gutsy QB, his style will be missed!

I was really looking forward to seeing him play in the NFL season opener on Sept 9th in the Super Dome. His retirement takes a lot of the pregame excitment out of it.

ducknwork
08-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I keep forgetting to sign up at home. It's blocked at work. Go figure.;):p

I'll try to remember tonight.

Roger Perry
08-03-2010, 01:43 PM
C'mon, we need a few more teams!!

RK

Ok, I'll bite, how do you sign up?

M&K's Retrievers
08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
My guess is that Roger will draft Reggie BUSH.:D

road kill
08-03-2010, 01:52 PM
My guess is that Roger will draft Reggie BUSH.:D

Follow the link.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueo...eagueId=284928

League name: POTUS
League ID: 284928

Then follow the prompts.
It is a pretty kool thing.
Some young guys got me into it and I learned a lot about players that i never followed.

It also give more meaning to watching teams you really don't follow.

Welcome RP, thanks for joining!!

stan b

ducknwork
08-11-2010, 05:15 AM
Finally remembered to get in...:D

road kill
08-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Finally remembered to get in...:D
In another week or so we will decide on draft times.
Right now it's too iffy to draft guys that might get hurt, traded or cut.

Thanks for joining.

stan b

ducknwork
08-11-2010, 06:10 AM
It's going to be auto draft, right? I don't have time to sit and do a full draft manually...

How does the snake draft work? I have run a couple leagues in the past and I can't remember what method we used, but it wasn't snake.

road kill
08-11-2010, 06:13 AM
It's going to be auto draft, right? I don't have time to sit and do a full draft manually...

How does the snake draft work? I have run a couple leagues in the past and I can't remember what method we used, but it wasn't snake.

We can do a combination of both.
In the past the auto draft works pretty cool.

Also there will be no waiver order, if you want to pick a player up you can, no wait.

BTW---Only 3 spots left!

stan b

aandw
08-11-2010, 07:39 AM
i am relatively new to this board, do you mind if i jump in?

road kill
08-11-2010, 07:43 AM
i am relatively new to this board, do you mind if i jump in?

You are totally welcome.
Hard to beleive it, but fall is just around the corner.

stan b

aandw
08-11-2010, 07:50 AM
thanks. RTR

ducknwork
08-11-2010, 08:09 AM
We can do a combination of both.
In the past the auto draft works pretty cool.

Also there will be no waiver order, if you want to pick a player up you can, no wait.

BTW---Only 3 spots left!

stan b

IMO, auto would be the only way to go. I am sure I am not the only one who would have a hard time getting on the computer at a specific time and sitting there for so long to draft players. One nice thing about the auto draft, (I shouldn't tell my secrets) is that you can rank players by your personal preference for the computer to attempt to select in the order your specify. I have already adjusted some of my rankings to put a few guys I would really want closer to the top of the list, therefore giving me a better chance of drafting them.

aandw
08-11-2010, 08:13 AM
2 spots left. auto draft is the only way i can do it. i only have a computer at work and my time here is limited.

road kill
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Only 2 spots left!!!!
When it's filled we will have a poll on the draft.
Looks like I know the outcome, but we'll still poll.

Thanks guys,

RK

RK

road kill
08-13-2010, 06:46 AM
1 spot left to compete for the coveted POTUS League Trophy!!!

RK

kona's mom
08-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I mainly lurk here in POTUS but I can not resist a fantasy football league. Bring it on boys;)

road kill
08-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I mainly lurk here in POTUS but I can not resist a fantasy football league. Bring it on boys;)

Awesome!!

stan b

troy schwab
08-13-2010, 03:42 PM

Sweet! So we r full? Right Stan? Let me know whats up with the draft, I presume we r gonna run auto........ Good luck everyone!

road kill
08-13-2010, 04:59 PM
OK, the league is full, 2 - 5 team divisions.
Questions;

#1--Should we wait another week or 2 for the draft to make sure no one gets a draft pick that gets cut or injured or traded?

#2--Auto Draft??

Let's reach a consensus.

stan b

Franco
08-13-2010, 05:00 PM
If we don't get to pick our own players, then the outcome will be pure luck.

M&K's Retrievers
08-13-2010, 05:04 PM
If we don't get to pick our own players, then the outcome will be pure luck.

I'm all about luck. Good luck that is. I vote for auto draft but it doesn't really matter to me.

road kill
08-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm all about luck. Good luck that is. I vote for auto draft but it doesn't really matter to me.
If a person was not in the draft and had auto picks they would still get the highest rated player at a given position.

Last year some lady got Aaron Rogers in a blind draft.:rolleyes:

But the key to winning is picking up the right left over players at receiver and RB.

There is always someone that has a big season that no one saw coming.
Couple years ago I picked up Roddy White and Joseph Addai, both were big contributors.

BTW---Might take a pass on Ben.
A lady on the east coast was telling me all about how he is the greatest QB ever.

I think he is playing for the Penn state correctional institution in the preseason.;)

RK

ducknwork
08-13-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm good with it either way. Actually, if the computer does in fact pick me a crappy team, then I'll probably also play the "bad luck" card as an excuse for me losing. If it picks me a winner, then it was all Skill and Strategy to blame for my success!

Good luck everyone!

Sounds like a great plan!

Auto all the way! I think we ought to go ahead and draft now. Injuries are just part of the game. Plus, I am not good at waiting for things that I am looking forward to.

cotts135
08-14-2010, 05:24 AM
I think you might be able to hold the draft where the people who have the time and are interested can pick their own players and those who are unable to get on the computer at the appointed time can be placed in auto draft. The more people who draft on their own the better I think it will be. Their is an added excitement and the outcome is certainly much different than what would happen with a strictly auto draft procedure. Maybe a poll could be put up that would ask what would be the best time people could attend the draft??///// Just a thought.

road kill
08-14-2010, 07:10 AM
I think you might be able to hold the draft where the people who have the time and are interested can pick their own players and those who are unable to get on the computer at the appointed time can be placed in auto draft. The more people who draft on their own the better I think it will be. Their is an added excitement and the outcome is certainly much different than what would happen with a strictly auto draft procedure. Maybe a poll could be put up that would ask what would be the best time people could attend the draft??///// Just a thought.
This is a good call, I think this is the way to go.

Let's get input from everyone on this.

stan b

kona's mom
08-14-2010, 07:44 PM
I have always picked my own and never done auto. I prefer that way but if it is inconvenient for the majority I will be ok with the auto

M&K's Retrievers
08-14-2010, 07:54 PM
I've never done it at all so whatever you think is fine by me.

Franco
08-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Where is the skill in having the puter pick players?

I opt for a manual draft if possible.

Tee it up;-)

ducknwork
08-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Franco, you can rank your players pre draft so that the computer will pick by your rankings. That is the skill involved in the auto draft.

I guess I am being selfish in saying I feel really strongly about having auto, because I am about 95% sure I can't sit in front of the computer for the number of hours that it would take to draft players for 10 teams. Each team has 16 players. 10 teams x 16 players=160 players. If each person takes one minute (which isn't much in a draft situation) to pick each player, that is 2 hours and 40 minutes. How many times do you think a player is going to get picked in under a minute? IMO, winning in an auto draft league actually takes more skill, because you have to find a way to win with the hand you are dealt, picking up free agents, knowing who to sit out, etc etc. Much more interesting than having a team or two that is completely stacked because they know more about football than everyone else. That's my argument, but I guess we should have a poll.

On a side note, how about we all throw in 10 bucks in a pot...winner takes all.

aandw
08-16-2010, 10:43 AM
my only access to a computer is at work. manual won't work for me, but if there is a way for me to do auto and those who want to do manual that is fine with.

road kill
08-18-2010, 06:01 AM
What's the verdict? Live draft? Auto draft? Is there a date set for the draft to take place?

For those who are re-ranking their players, Bret's back!

Draft: Snake
Date: Mon, Aug 23, 2010
Time: 8:00 PM ET

Anyone who cannot make it will have auto picks for the highest ranked player.
I may do auto pick as well.

RK

ducknwork
08-18-2010, 06:03 AM
What is a snake draft?

road kill
08-18-2010, 06:05 AM
What is a snake draft?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

RK

aandw
08-18-2010, 07:32 AM
where do i go to rank the players? i have tried but can't find it.

road kill
08-18-2010, 07:37 AM
where do i go to rank the players? i have tried but can't find it.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/editdraftlist?teamId=1&leagueId=284928

Go to "My Team," then look for player rankings.

stan b

road kill
08-22-2010, 09:37 AM
ATTENTION!!!!!

For those of you participating in the draft, it is tomorrow night at 8:00 EASTERN, 7:00 CENTRAL!!

That is all........

RK

road kill
08-23-2010, 05:45 PM
ATTENTION!!!!!

For those of you participating in the draft, it is tomorrow night at 8:00 EASTERN, 7:00 CENTRAL!!

That is all........

RK

The DRAFT is at

7:00 PM CST

RK

road kill
08-23-2010, 05:49 PM
The DRAFT is at

7:00 PM CST

RK

You can go to the sight and log into the draft room after 6:30 CST.
There will be directions on how to do this.

RK

Franco
08-23-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm drafting! Never played Fantasy before, always thought it gay. But hey, I'm willing to play when I can pick my own horses!;-)

road kill
08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm drafting! Never played Fantasy before, always thought it gay. But hey, I'm willing to play when I can pick my own horses!;-)

It will really change how you follow the game.

You will watch all the games now.

It's pretty kool.
Some kids Iused to coach got me started in baseball then football.

RK

Franco
08-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Draft done, I'm satisfied!:cool:

ducknwork
08-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Dang it! Missed the whole thing...See what happens when I go outside to train my dog!!

How in the hell did I end up with Donovan McChoke?!!:mad:

Other than that, not too bad...

troy schwab
08-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Dang it! Missed the whole thing...See what happens when I go outside to train my dog!!

How in the hell did I end up with Donovan McChoke?!!:mad:

Other than that, not too bad...

Ill trade you Donovan McChoke for Montario Hardesty(sp?) Who is this knucklehead, and how on earth was he ranked in the draft? LOL Oh well, guess thats what I get for lettin a computer pick......... Good luck everyone!!

kona's mom
08-24-2010, 10:32 AM
I decided to go with the sleepers this year. It's either going to be really good or really really bad. Good luck everyone!!!

ducknwork
08-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Ill trade you Donovan McChoke for Montario Hardesty(sp?) Who is this knucklehead, and how on earth was he ranked in the draft? LOL Oh well, guess thats what I get for lettin a computer pick......... Good luck everyone!!

I may have to consider that...I went to high school with him!:D

M&K's Retrievers
08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
now what do we do?

road kill
08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
now what do we do?

Wait for the season.

If you want to P/U a F/A, just add using the yellow + next to the player and then drop a player (the prompt will tell you).

They will be added to your roster on Wed.

BTW--Who thinks their team is all that??

RK

troy schwab
08-24-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a pretty solid team, especially at reciever. Running backs will depend on injuries.... but overall, Im pretty happy. Now I need to talk ducknwork into taking this schmuck I have....... really? 3rd rounder in the nfl draft, and my computer is pickin him from the Browns no less????? WTF?

road kill
08-24-2010, 11:43 AM
QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
RB Knowshon Moreno, Den RB
RB Jonathan Stewart, Car RB
RB/WR LaDainian Tomlinson, NYJ RB
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
WR Greg Jennings, GB WR
TE Jason Witten, Dal TE
D/ST Eagles D/ST, Phi D/ST
K Nate Kaeding, SD K

Pretty happy with mine!!!

RK

road kill
08-24-2010, 11:44 AM
I have a pretty solid team, especially at reciever. Running backs will depend on injuries.... but overall, Im pretty happy. Now I need to talk ducknwork into taking this schmuck I have....... really? 3rd rounder in the nfl draft, and my computer is pickin him from the Browns no less????? WTF?
Who is that?

troy schwab
08-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Stan,
See above post......LOL

Nicole's idea of taking sleepers may very well work this year. There are a ton of injuries that could lead to a lot of second string/ timeshare players becoming a real monster....... We will have to wait and see.

BTW, who is Saints007? or something. Im gonna apologize now in advance for the whooping you are about to recieve........LOL Bring it!

road kill
08-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Stan,
See above post......LOL

Nicole's idea of taking sleepers may very well work this year. There are a ton of injuries that could lead to a lot of second string/ timeshare players becoming a real monster....... We will have to wait and see.

BTW, who is Saints007? or something. Im gonna apologize now in advance for the whooping you are about to recieve........LOL Bring it!

Franco

Most these rosters seem pretty even.
I think it is very kool that Kona's Mom is in the league, more seeds than a lot of the guys on the board!!:D

I am ecstatic I got Rodgers, he will have the most points of anyone in the league.

RK

Franco
08-24-2010, 12:43 PM

I don't know how points are earned but my team is stout!

Best QB, WR's RB's, TE, Kicker in the league:cool:
Plus, the top Defense with the Jets!

QB
Drew Brees, NO

RB Reggie Bush, NO

RB Jahvid Best, Det

RB/WRMichael Bush, Oak

WR Mike Sims-Walker, Jac

WR Donald Driver, GB

TE Dallas Clark, Ind

D/STJets D/ST, NYJ D/ST

K Garrett Hartley, NO

Saint007
(same handle I use on the ESPN Blogs)

ducknwork
08-24-2010, 02:20 PM

I know you said you can only access at work, so go ahead and propose the trade. I can only access at home, so I'll accept tonight. I need another solid RB and I can't stand McNabb. Plus McChoke has ZERO chance of ever starting on my team. I got Schaub and Favre. Yeah baby!:D

ducknwork
08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Franco, your team is kinda stacked, but the Madden curse is coming...

troy schwab
08-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Ducknwork,
I would propose it, but I cant seem to find the propose trade icon.

RK,
Did you disallow trades? Or do you have to do trades? I cant find the icon anywhere.....

Please..... rid me of this guy...... I'll at least have a half working QB......LOL

kona's mom
08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Philip Rivers, SD QB
Frank Gore, SF RB
Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
Braylon Edwards, NYJ WR
Anquan Boldin, Bal WR
Johnny Knox, Chi WR
Vernon Davis, SF TE
Ravens D/ST, Bal D/ST
Robbie Gould, Chi K

Bench

Alex Smith, SF QB
Darren Sproles, SD RB
Zach Miller, Oak TE
49ers D/ST, SF D/ST
Josh Morgan, SF WR
Willis McGahee, Bal RB
Lawrence Tynes, NYG K

Like I said I may end up at the bottom but what the hell. I can't stand some of the top seeded players and being a Bear fan I couldn't bring myself to root for half off them anyways.

troy schwab
08-24-2010, 03:03 PM
and being a Bear fan I couldn't bring myself to root for half off them anyways.

Nicole,
How on earth are you a BEARS fan???? LOL ME TOO!!!! and I managed to draft Forte........ love it. You dont hear of many southern Bears fans...... I met Gayle Sayers when I was like seven years old..... been a Bears fan ever since!

BTW,
I pretty sure Gore will lead all running backs this year. The 49ers have a sneaky good football team.

kona's mom
08-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Nicole,
How on earth are you a BEARS fan???? LOL ME TOO!!!! and I managed to draft Forte........ love it. You dont hear of many southern Bears fans...... I met Gayle Sayers when I was like seven years old..... been a Bears fan ever since!

BTW,
I pretty sure Gore will lead all running backs this year. The 49ers have a sneaky good football team.

I was born and raised in Illinois and blue and orange runs in my veins. Started going to Bears games when I was 6 years old. I have an autographed throwback jersey from Gayle Sayers. It will be buried with me!! I used to be a bartender in Chicago and a bunch of the Bears players were my regulars. If I end up in Pittsburgh we'll have to catch some games together!

Franco
08-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Are we to declare starters on a weekly basis or do we just let our picks ride through the season?

I agree about the 49ers, they are sneaky tuff. I am more concerned playing them in week 2 than the opener against the Viks on Thursday night.

Saint007

kona's mom
08-24-2010, 04:33 PM
I never like the 49ners but ever since Samurai Mike signed on I have been following them. Bears management made a huge mistake not signing him on when he asked

ducknwork
08-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Are we to declare starters on a weekly basis or do we just let our picks ride through the season?

I agree about the 49ers, they are sneaky tuff. I am more concerned playing them in week 2 than the opener against the Viks on Thursday night.

Saint007

You can change your starters at any point, even multiple times per week.

ducknwork
08-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Ducknwork,
I would propose it, but I cant seem to find the propose trade icon.

RK,
Did you disallow trades? Or do you have to do trades? I cant find the icon anywhere.....

Please..... rid me of this guy...... I'll at least have a half working QB......LOL

Trade proposed...I think you'll regret it by the end of the season.

road kill
09-06-2010, 03:07 PM
OK folks, 3 more days till FOOTBALL!!

Let's roll!!

RK

road kill
09-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Holy cripes!!

I thought I had a good team.
I am projected for 96 pts, my opponent 135!!!!!

Team Elvis in trouble!

RK

kona's mom
09-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I can't find the projected score.Where are you looking?

kona's mom
09-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I must be missing something because all those numbers look like the projected end of season numbers.:confused:

road kill
09-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I must be missing something because all those numbers look like the projected end of season numbers.:confused:
What is your team name?

RK

kona's mom
09-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Da Honeybears

road kill
09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Da Honeybears

TEAM DA HONEYBEARS STATS
PLAYER, TEAM POS PRK AVG PROJ
Philip Rivers, SD QB 8 -- 21
Frank Gore, SF RB 6 -- 16
Shonn Greene, NYJ RB 55 -- 15
Braylon Edwards, NYJ WR 44 -- 4
Anquan Boldin, Bal WR 24 -- 3
Johnny Knox, Chi WR 47 -- 12
Vernon Davis, SF TE P 1 -- 11
49ers D/ST, SF D/ST 1 -- 8
Lawrence Tynes, NYG K 8 -- 11
Total----101 pts.

You are 9 pt favorite.

Go to "scoreboard", then hit "preveiw" under your game box score.

RK

kona's mom
09-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Found if you click on game lines it gives the projections for each game. I am giving 9

Franco
09-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Will we be getting a "standings" every Tuesday and is there anything I need to do or are we set for kickoff Thursday? I replaced one player with a broken thumb.

leenco12
09-07-2010, 10:10 PM
TRY AGAIN PLEASE!!

I inadvertently set it up as a private league.

stan b

Can we pick entire teams?

cotts135
09-08-2010, 05:16 AM
Holy cripes!!

I thought I had a good team.
I am projected for 96 pts, my opponent 135!!!!!

Team Elvis in trouble!

RK

Hey c'mon now, you at least have home field advantage :D

road kill
09-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Hey c'mon now, you at least have home field advantage :D

I don't get it.

But I do have Aaron Rodgers!!!!
They only project 18 points for him.
Cutler is projected in the 20's????
That is whacked.

RK

road kill
09-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Will we be getting a "standings" every Tuesday and is there anything I need to do or are we set for kickoff Thursday? I replaced one player with a broken thumb.

No, your lineup can cjange until KO time.

Enjoy, you will find yourself following all the games more closely now.

I can't wait for Thursday.

A MONSTER game for MN.
If they pull off a win......look out for another run.

If NO gets away with what they did in the NFC game ( 16 hits, 0 sacks, 6 penalty's a week later), it's over for MN & Favre.

I really do not know what to expect, but my guess is it will be 1 of those 2 scenario's.

RK

kona's mom
09-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Brett Favre is gonna get creamed :lol: He should have stayed in Mississippi. The one highlight of my season this year will be watching Peppers and the Bears LB's stuff Favre. That ankle is going to get mighty sore after a quarter of football in the winter of Chicago.

road kill
09-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Brett Favre is gonna get creamed :lol: He should have stayed in Mississippi. The one highlight of my season this year will be watching Peppers and the Bears LB's stuff Favre. That ankle is going to get mighty sore after a quarter of football in the winter of Chicago.

I can see were Bears fans would be pretty sick of Favre.

What did you have, like 48 different QB's start while he owned you guys???:D

The Old Man is done, this will be sad to watch for me.
He is the best I ever saw.........:cry:

RK

kona's mom
09-08-2010, 08:31 AM
I can see were Bears fans would be pretty sick of Favre.

What did you have, like 48 different QB's start while he owned you guys???:D

The Old Man is done, this will be sad to watch for me.
He is the best I ever saw.........:cry:

RK

Actually 50 QB's;).. I will say no matter how bad the Bears or Packers were any given season, our games were usually pretty damn good. I give him credit for his accomplishments but now I just see someone trying to hold on to his glory. I think he's going to have a pretty awful year and it's sad to see people go down like that.

Franco
09-08-2010, 08:31 AM
No, your lineup can cjange until KO time.

Enjoy, you will find yourself following all the games more closely now.

I can't wait for Thursday.

A MONSTER game for MN.
If they pull off a win......look out for another run.

If NO gets away with what they did in the NFC game ( 16 hits, 0 sacks, 6 penalty's a week later), it's over for MN & Favre.

I really do not know what to expect, but my guess is it will be 1 of those 2 scenario's.

RK

I think the Vikings will hit the dome Thursday night with blood in thier eyes and revenge on thier minds.

Big question is will Farve have the same season he had in 09. If not, Packers should run away with the Division.

Earlier I was thinking a 21-24 point Saints win. I've narrowed it to a 10 point win.;-)

road kill
09-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I think the Vikings will hit the dome Thursday night with blood in thier eyes and revenge on thier minds.

Big question is will Farve have the same season he had in 09. If not, Packers should run away with the Division.

Earlier I was thinking a 21-24 point Saints win. I've narrowed it to a 10 point win.;-)

In my opinion, it's the season for the Vikings and Favre.
If he somehow pulls off a win, look out.

If not, that dog won't have no hunt left.

Jared Allen regards,

RK

cotts135
09-08-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't get it.

But I do have Aaron Rodgers!!!!
They only project 18 points for him.
Cutler is projected in the 20's????
That is whacked.

RK
The schedule says Pigskin pimps at Team Elvis.................

I had a fantasy draft last night with a league I have been in for about 12 years and I can guarantee you that I would make a trade with the guy in my who has Aaron Rodgers for Jay Cutler who I have. Aaron Rodgers is much better no doubt.

road kill
09-08-2010, 08:49 AM
The schedule says Pigskin pimps at Team Elvis.................

I had a fantasy draft last night with a league I have been in for about 12 years and I can guarantee you that I would make a trade with the guy in my who has Aaron Rodgers for Jay Cutler who I have. Aaron Rodgers is much better no doubt.

Now I get it, little slow sometimes.

I am excited about the season, lots of emerging stars and teams.
I actually look for Cutler to have a nice season.
Martz will help a lot.

But I honestly think Rodgers is the best right now.

RK

kona's mom
09-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Now I get it, little slow sometimes.

I am excited about the season, lots of emerging stars and teams.
I actually look for Cutler to have a nice season.
Martz will help a lot.

RK

As a Bears fan I hope to god you're right. But none of the OLine problems were addressed in the draft or through FA. Cutler will be lucky to make it through the season in one piece. Lovie's word of advice to the fans yesterday says it all -

The Bears invited 1,000 season-ticket holders to the Walter Payton Center Monday night for a radio broadcast of the team's first show of the season on WBBM.

Those fans were able to bring one guest, and the team invited another 500 or so VIP's for the event. They didn't screen all of the questions, though. Give them credit, it wasn't a house filled with planted questions.

Lovie Smith was asked by one fan about why the players celebrated for acts on the field when they were not necessarily winning. Smith asked the fan for patience and asked the fan to leave the past, well, in the past.

"We want them to make a lot of interceptions and get excited about it, sack the quarterback, score touchdowns, all of those things we encourage," Smith said. "We're a good football team. I assume you coming here, you thought the same thing. Just stay with us, OK, and if you are dissatisfied with something in the past, leave it in the past. Think about the future. We plan on winning a lot of football games this year and those comments you are making, I think this will be the last time we hear them from you."

The fan then began speaking again, saying he has not seen a touchdown in six games.

"Thank you for your question," Smith said, cutting him off. "Appreciate the support. Thank you."

Sounding a lot like " Rex is our QB " :barf:

troy schwab
09-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Nicole,
I think Lovie's in denial...... they have BIG problems and his hiney is on the block........... I actual hope that Cutler gets crushed this week, and they have to start the youngster. I know that doesnt sound right comin from a Bears fan, but Cutler is a gutless, excuse making bum. The "O" line problems seem to go away when he isnt behind them. Could be just my imagination, but I doubt it. I think a lot of the "team" doesnt like Cutler, or his careless attitude. We'll see..... we got a big fight ahead.......

kona's mom
09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Umm there is no youngster anymore. They cut Lefevour and he was picked up by the Bengals this week. Cutler gets hurt we get Todd Collins. Hanie is still hurt:cry:

troy schwab
09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Umm there is no youngster anymore. They cut Lefevour and he was picked up by the Bengals this week. Cutler gets hurt we get Todd Collins. Hanie is still hurt:cry:

OH GOOD GOD!!!! See what happens when I take vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UUUGGGHHHHHH! Disregard the comments I made earlier....... GO CUTLER GO!!!! This organization just passes along talent way too much......... look at berrian, anthony thomas, thomas jones..... I could go on forever....... Makes me wanna puke.

Franco
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM

RK

Honestly, huh.

What can you honestly write to make a case that he is "right now" better than Peyton Manning or Drew Brees? ;-)

I was just watching the NFL Channel's new commentator, Kurt Warner. I love they guy and his entire story! But, when asked to compare his "Greatest Show On" earth to the 09 Saints, he was cluesless with his answer. He said that "until the Saints' Offense" can do it consistently over several years like they did, that the Rams where better. Here is what he didn't mention; If you take the best 4 consecutive years of the "greatest show" and compare to the Sean Payton era total 4 years in New Orleans, the Saints have more total yards and points!!! Granted thier D needed overhauling which it received prior to last season.

Oh and on the Aaron Rodgers comparison; GB made the right move in declaring him the man in GB. But, over the last two seasons, Brees has thrown for almost a 1,000 yards more in the regular season! Plus, Brees is 4 - 1 in the playoffs since becoming a Saint.

ducknwork
09-09-2010, 11:37 AM
TOUGH call tonight...I guess I am going to sit Favre in favor of playing Schaub this weekend.

Franco
09-09-2010, 11:58 AM
TOUGH call tonight...I guess I am going to sit Favre in favor of playing Schaub this weekend.

Smart move.;-)

By halftime Farve will wish he was sitting in his Lazy Boy back home in Hattisburg watching the game on his big TV!

road kill
09-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Smart move.;-)

By halftime Farve will wish he was sitting in his Lazy Boy back home in Hattisburg watching the game on his big TV!

Either that or the Saints will have 150 yards in penalties!!

Instead of 6 fines for illegal contact and late hits a week later.:D

RK

Franco
09-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Either that are the Saints will have 150 yards in penalties!!

RK

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=111776268879252

Farve Retirement Party

Oh, and there was only one fine. That on Bobby McCray who is no longer with the team.

ducknwork
09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Either that are the Saints will have 150 yards in penalties!!

RK

LMAO...:D:p

road kill
09-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Honestly, huh.

What can you honestly write to make a case that he is "right now" better than Peyton Manning or Drew Brees? ;-)

I was just watching the NFL Channel's new commentator, Kurt Warner. I love they guy and his entire story! But, when asked to compare his "Greatest Show On" earth to the 09 Saints, he was cluesless with his answer. He said that "until the Saints' Offense" can do it consistently over several years like they did, that the Rams where better. Here is what he didn't mention; If you take the best 4 consecutive years of the "greatest show" and compare to the Sean Payton era total 4 years in New Orleans, the Saints have more total yards and points!!! Granted thier D needed overhauling which it received prior to last season.

Oh and on the Aaron Rodgers comparison; GB made the right move in declaring him the man in GB. But, over the last two seasons, Brees has thrown for almost a 1,000 yards more in the regular season! Plus, Brees is 4 - 1 in the playoffs since becoming a Saint.

Because I beleive they are over their prime performance years and Rodgers is just entering his prime performance years.
Based on his first 2 starting seasons, he looks pretty good.

Not that hard to figure out.

RK

road kill
09-09-2010, 01:41 PM
LMAO...:D:p

You can look it up.

They league fined New Orleans for six illigal hits or contact the week after the game.

Had to tidy up for what the ref crew "missed" during the game.:rolleyes:

RK

Franco
09-09-2010, 02:04 PM
You can look it up.

They league fined New Orleans for six illigal hits or contact the week after the game.

RK

I googled it a little while ago. They only had one fine, Bobby McCray.;-)

road kill
09-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I googled it a little while ago. They only had one fine, Bobby McCray.;-)
Going to the club to train Elvis.
When I get back I will find the article (which I have posted here in the past) and you can read it again.

I claim 6 fines, 5 for illegal hits/contact on Favre.

RK

duk4me
09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Ya'll do realize the season hasn't even started yet don't you? I cna't wait for the real trash talking to begin on this one.:)

Franco
09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Going to the club to train Elvis.
When I get back I will find the article (which I have posted here in the past) and you can read it again.

I claim 6 fines, 5 for illegal hits/contact on Favre.

RK

We are both wrong!

There were 3 fines. One $20,000. fine for McCray and two $5,000. fines. Like Color Anaysis for the game Troy Aikmen said, Hargrove's hit was just "good football". And, lets face it, Farve is such a drama queen!
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/29/saints-rack-up-even-more-fines/

Franco
09-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Ya'll do realize the season hasn't even started yet don't you? I cna't wait for the real trash talking to begin on this one.:)

That's what I love about the espn boards, we've been talking trashing since the draft!

My daughter says that Tom Brady's new hairdo is cute.

road kill
09-09-2010, 05:35 PM
BTW--I think New Orleans has a very good team.

I am uncertain what Minnesota has.
Tonight is a HUGE game for MN.

And I am excited for this season for a lot of teams I am watching.

RK

Franco
09-09-2010, 06:47 PM
BTW--I think New Orleans has a very good team.

I am uncertain what Minnesota has.
Tonight is a HUGE game for MN.

And I am excited for this season for a lot of teams I am watching.

RK

While watching the interview with Coach Childress, I got the feeling that his job is on the line if he doesn't win the big one this season. I think thier window was open last year and GB will sweep them to win the Division.

Love Farve but, they are asking a lot of him in returning which I don't think he really wanted to do.

ducknwork
09-09-2010, 07:49 PM
You can look it up.

RK

I knew that RK...

BTW, it's already started. How about that hold on the touchdown pass? Can you say blatant???

Franco
09-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Fear le Fleur! ;-) (fear the flower)

Pierre Thomas, the most underpaid RB in the game.

road kill
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Well, we just learned 1 thing......Da Bearssssssss are still Da Bearssssss!!!

RK

Franco
09-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Well, we just learned 1 thing......Da Bearssssssss are still Da Bearssssss!!!

RK

Lions got robbed!

How 'bout the Steelers winning in overtime against the dirty birds? Mendenhal, 50 yard run for a TD in overtme!

Goose
09-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Don't tell Jerry that the Houston Texans might be the best football team in the state of Texas. We'll find out in week 3.

kona's mom
09-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Umm WTH is happening with the 49ner defense:confused:

This is a strange FF opening week

Franco
09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
RK, how many points are interceptions worth? Your QB already has two with 9 minutes to go!

:p

road kill
09-12-2010, 07:27 PM
RK, how many points are interceptions worth? Your QB already has two with 9 minutes to go!

Yeah, he only had 2 TD passes.

He is terrible.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
09-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Cowboy/Redskins game. Do you believe the last play of the half? I think Obama's "Football Czar" must be calling the plays.

M&K's Retrievers
09-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Lions got robbed!

Look where it happened, Chicago.:rolleyes:

ducknwork
09-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm an idiot for not starting Welker. The rest of my WR's played like trash. Actually, the rest of my team did...I made it easy on da honeybears...:(

aandw
09-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Lions got robbed!
How 'bout the Steelers winning in overtime against the dirty birds? Mendenhal, 50 yard run for a TD in overtme!

yeah!!!!! and johnson is onw of my recievers.

Franco
09-13-2010, 10:47 AM
yeah!!!!! and johnson is onw of my recievers.

Well then, you were robbed!

I have Javid Best RB of the Lions who had two TD's Sunday. ;-)

kona's mom
09-13-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm an idiot for not starting Welker. The rest of my WR's played like trash. Actually, the rest of my team did...I made it easy on da honeybears...:(

Like my guys did any better yesterday. What a strange day all around.

And to those talking about the play in Chicago, I am a die hard Bears fan and I will be the first to agree Detroit got robbed. We didn't deserve that game one bit and part of me wishes we would have gotten embarrassed and the loss.

ducknwork
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Like my guys did any better yesterday. What a strange day all around.

And to those talking about the play in Chicago, I am a die hard Bears fan and I will be the first to agree Detroit got robbed. We didn't deserve that game one bit and part of me wishes we would have gotten embarrassed and the loss.

You still have tonight to hope for...

0-1 for me...

kona's mom
09-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Can I call a re-draft? I think every upset this week involved one of my players:confused:

cotts135
09-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Seen the controversial play with Chicago and Detroit and although some might not like it the correct call was made according to the rules.

The rule in question states, "If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."

I know this doesn't make Lion fans any happier.
Maybe the receiver should have been better informed on what makes a catch, it is kind of his job.

ducknwork
09-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Seen the controversial play with Chicago and Detroit and although some might not like it the correct call was made according to the rules.

The rule in question states, "If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete."

I know this doesn't make Lion fans any happier.
Maybe the receiver should have been better informed on what makes a catch, it is kind of his job.

The rule sucks and I think that is what most people have an issue with. Although, I thought you were considered down when your butt hit the ground...

troy schwab
09-15-2010, 02:07 PM
RK,
Why you gotta go picken Brandon Jackson up????? I was gonna put him first on waivers (and would have gotten him) but I put him as my second move and you stuff me........ Figures..... Paybacks a bit$h......LOL

road kill
09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
RK,
Why you gotta go picken Brandon Jackson up????? I was gonna put him first on waivers (and would have gotten him) but I put him as my second move and you stuff me........ Figures..... Paybacks a bit$h......LOL
Yeah, he looks good.

But 3 of my Offensive guys are Packers now.

Maybe not so smart, we'll see.

I have some guys to trade though.

Palmer
Jacoby Jones
Bernard Berrian

RK

ducknwork
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Wanna talk about Jones?

road kill
09-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Wanna talk about Jones?

I also have Jabbar Gafney.

Make an offer......

RK

road kill
09-16-2010, 06:13 AM
We may have an opening in the league.
A pretty decent roster.
Anyone interested in picking it up?

Otherwise I will run it for now.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
09-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Who is dropping out?

road kill
09-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Who is dropping out?

Hubba Hubba

anonymous owner.

Nice team....

RK

M&K's Retrievers
09-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Hubba Hubba

anonymous owner.

Nice team....

RK

Hey! That's the guy that's in first.

ducknwork
09-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Just redistribute his best players among the weakest teams. You know, just do it Obama style!:D

kona's mom
09-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Ugh and I just had a busy day in FA and waivers. We could always do a mini draft and just use the same order the original one was

Franco
09-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Looks like RK and I are tied for last place in our Conference after week one!:rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
09-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Whatever happened to Hubba Hubba? Does that need to be resolved before tomorrows games?

kona's mom
09-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Not sure. But if it's not resolved should at least put in a decent line up and bench the injured players until things get figured out. Wouldn't be fair to whoever went up against them last week

road kill
09-19-2010, 03:52 PM
I need someone to assume that team.

I was in Tomahawk WI (fall ride) since Thursday, no computer!!:D

It rained and got very cold.
In fact when I went out to wipe the dew off the bike this morning it wasd hard.
(that's frost for youse in PA)

It needs to be resolved this week for sure.

RK

ducknwork
09-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Ok, I'll bite, how do you sign up?

Follow the link.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueo...eagueId=284928

League name: POTUS
League ID: 284928

Then follow the prompts.
It is a pretty kool thing.
Some young guys got me into it and I learned a lot about players that i never followed.

It also give more meaning to watching teams you really don't follow.

Welcome RP, thanks for joining!!

stan b

Hubba Hubba

anonymous owner.

Nice team....

RK

Perhaps it's not so anonymous....

ducknwork
09-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Stupid Jahvid Best...:mad:

Franco
09-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Stupid Jahvid Best...:mad:

He's the smartest player in the NFC North and one of my Fantasy players. Ha ha, I picked him 3rd and he had 3 TD's yesterday and two on openning weekend.

I don't know how points are tallied in FF but I know a player when I see one on TV;-)

ducknwork
09-21-2010, 05:18 AM
Hey, somebody make me a trade offer for a good RB....

Franco
09-21-2010, 06:46 AM

Who do you have?

Looks like I'm going to have to move Reggie Bush to IR.

road kill
09-21-2010, 06:55 AM

I have Carson Palmer and a couple of RCVR's.

Who you need?
Who you got?

RK

kona's mom
09-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Kudos Nicole,

Thanks for the butt kicking! Gore was a monster in a losing effort for San Fran!

I needed him to have a big game last night. To tell you the truth I was pleasantly surprised. didn't think he'd get that much against the Saints.

I'm may be open to a trade somewhere too so everyone keep me in mind!

ducknwork
09-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Who do you have?

Looks like I'm going to have to move Reggie Bush to IR.

I have Carson Palmer and a couple of RCVR's.

Who you need?
Who you got?

RK

No, I NEED a running back. BADLY...

If you've got one that you want to trade, take a look at my roster.

RK, since nobody wants to control hubba hubba, why not trade away all the players that other teams want and let that team suck and be an easy W for everyone this season?

Franco
09-21-2010, 08:53 PM
No, I NEED a running back. BADLY...

If you've got one that you want to trade, take a look at my roster.

Yestreday, I was willing to trade RB Hightower of the Cardinals. With Reggie Bush out 6-8 weeks, I've benched Bush and replaced with Hightower.

Made up a lot of ground this weekend on FF, all the way to 2nd place;-) I know nothing of FF; how points are earned or value of a QB over a WR or RB. . I just picked the players I thought would score points.

Openning weekend, I went 3 and 3 with betus.com, losing the vigorish. Made up for it this weekend going 6 - 0:D

This coming weekend, I like the Lions plus 11 points vs the Vikings and the Texans minus 3 against the Cowboys.

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 08:56 PM
I think I suck at this:(

kona's mom
09-22-2010, 08:28 AM
I think I suck at this:(

Looking at the scoreboards I would say almost all of us suck;)

Actually it has been a screwy first 2 weeks. A lot of surprises both good and bad

road kill
09-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Special fo Franco.
I mean since you have to make up a fake cover to feel good, I thought payback with a REAL cover might help you feel good too!!

Enjoy.............

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/bush.jpg

RK

Franco
09-23-2010, 06:46 PM
I blame the NCAA and agents!

U's make millions off of these kids and what to they get other than an education?

If you were a talented college player from a poor background and an agent stuck a couple 100 grand under your nose, what would you do?

Not all players have parents that can afford to pay for everything at school.

If we are really serious about this, then lets don't recruit poor black kids to play college ball!

road kill
09-23-2010, 06:51 PM
I blame the NCAA and agents!

U's make millions off of these kids and what to they get other than an education?

If you were a talented college player from a poor background and an agent stuck a couple 100 grand under your nose, what would you do?

Not all players have parents that can afford to pay for everything at school.

If we are raelly serious about this, then lets don't recruit poor black kids to play college ball!

Frankly, I was messing with you.

After Bush's JR year he could have gone pro.
This is the result of the"alumni" wanting (paying) him to stay.
(where coach carroll at???)

As far as I am concerned, he earned it on the field, end of story.

Too bad, rough week for Bush.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
09-23-2010, 07:36 PM
College football is the NFL's farm league and should be treated as such. Those kids bring in tons of money while seeking their major in football. Not all make the big bucks just like it is with other majors. At least they bring in dough for the college. Your typical English major doesn't bring in squat but tuition.

NCAA rules suck regards,

Franco
09-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Frankly, I was messing with you.

After Bush's JR year he could have gone pro.
This is the result of the"alumni" wanting (paying) him to stay.
(where coach carroll at???)

As far as I am concerned, he earned it on the field, end of story.

Too bad, rough week for Bush.

RK

I hear ya.

He was still the best college player in 05.

I expect to see him on the field for the Cowboy game on Thanksgiving Day. He is one dangerous dude catching the ball in play action and screens which the Saints love to run.

troy schwab
09-24-2010, 11:56 AM
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!

(well......except Stan)

Might want to take some Advil Sunday morning bud...... this is gonna hurt a bit......LOL

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

road kill
09-24-2010, 12:47 PM
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!

(well......except Stan)

Might want to take some Advil Sunday morning bud...... this is gonna hurt a bit......LOL

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am calling the Bears to at least cover Monday Nite!!

The Packer arrogance needs to get trimmed.

Think of this.....

Bears 3-0
Packers-2-1
MN-1-2

I still say 10-6 can (not will) win that division.

Instant classic MNF game!!!!

RK

troy schwab
09-24-2010, 12:58 PM
I am calling the Bears to at least cover Monday Nite!!

The Packer arrogance needs to get trimmed.

Think of this.....

Bears 3-0
Packers-2-1
MN-1-2

I still say 10-6 can (not will) win that division.

Instant classic MNF game!!!!

RK

The Bears will win..... Rodgers will be running for his life the whole game....... rookie starting against Peppers = not good for Rodgers...... can you say blindside????? LOL When they win if you hear some obnoxious raucous..... thats just me screamin at my TV!!!!! LOL Have a great weekend everybody!

road kill
09-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Yo, Franco, Troy, the boogey man is coming!!!!

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/aaron.jpg

RK

road kill
10-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Franco......YOUR goin' down this week!!!

Cortesy of Aaron Rodgers and Team Elvis!!!!

RK

Franco
10-01-2010, 03:51 PM

RK

How lucky can the Cheeseheads get? The Lions' QB is still out with an injury! I just hope Javid Best can rush for another 3 TD's;-) Y'all better watchout for the Lions, they will win a game this season!

Brees is our cheese!

ducknwork
10-01-2010, 03:53 PM
How lucky can the Cheeseheads get? The Lions' QB is still out with an injury! I just hope Javid Best can rush for another 3 TD's;-) Y'all better watchout for the Lions, they will win a game this season!

Brees is our cheese!

Wish I could say that with certainty about Carolina.:(

BTW, still open to trade offers...Need a quality RB...:D

Franco
10-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Wish I could say that with certainty about Carolina.:(

BTW, still open to trade offers...Need a quality RB...:D

Biggest mistake the Panthers will make is letting Coach Fox go after the season. I expect him to popup as the new Giants HC. Plus, should have never gotten rid of Delhomme until you found somethig better.

M&K's Retrievers
10-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Man, I'm getting creamed!:(

Franco
10-05-2010, 12:43 PM

RK

There is a new leader in the Eastern Conference!;-)

What happned to the Cheeseheads this past Sunday? They barely got by the Lions and Bradford is still on the PUP list.:-P

road kill
10-05-2010, 12:46 PM
There is a new leader in the Eastern Conference!;-)

What happned to the Cheeseheads this past Sunday? They barely got by the Lions and Bradford is still on the PUP list.:-P

Detroit is good, GB is not as good right now as the talkers say.

Nice win for you!

RK

Franco
10-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Detroit is good, GB is not as good right now as the talkers say.

Nice win for you!

RK

I still think our two teams will be there in late January. Teams that peak early in the season usually fizzle in December.

road kill
10-05-2010, 12:52 PM
I still think our two teams will be there in late January. Teams that peak early in the season usually fizzle in December.
Packers were 4-4 last year.
Ended up with 12 wins.
Lots of injuries, just like NO.
Losing Bush hurt them, but they have depth.

GB has no depth at RB and Secondary.

RK

Franco
10-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Packers were 4-4 last year.
Ended up with 12 wins.
Lots of injuries, just like NO.
Losing Bush hurt them, but they have depth.

GB has no depth at RB and Secondary.

RK

WE are in the same boat!

Saints had to play thier 4th and 5th string RB's last weekend with Bush, Thomas and Hill out. Plus we just lost our starting Corner for 5 weeks and both starting Safties are out for several weeks. Brees is going to have to carry the team until Thomas and Bush return and Sharper is not elligible till week 7.

road kill
10-05-2010, 01:07 PM
WE are in the same boat!

Saints had to play thier 4th and 5th string RB's last weekend with Bush, Thomas and Hill out. Plus we just lost our starting Corner for 5 weeks and both starting Safties are out for several weeks. Brees is going to have to carry the team until Thomas and Bush return and Sharper is not elligible till week 7.

Rumor has it GB may trade for Deangelo Williams.

They need him real bad.

stan b

ducknwork
10-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Rumor has it GB may trade for Deangelo Williams.

They need him real bad.

stan b

Great...I am going to have to wear a paper sack over my head when I watch the Carolina Ainttheres in my own house!

No Pep, no Williams...How long will Smith stick around?:(

road kill
10-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Looks like MN is picking up Randy Moss.

The game has changed.........

RK

Franco
10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Looks like MN is picking up Randy Moss.

The game has changed.........

RK

I don't understand the Vikings' plan for winning. Last year, the bet the farm on Farve instead of trying to find a young QB with potential. Now, they want to trade a 3rd round pick for a 33 year old Moss. There are quality WR's on many team's Practice Squads that they could sign without giving any compensation. Heck, the Saints have Adrian Arrington on thier Practice Squad, a WR that could start for most teams. Meanwhile, look at the Patriots, they have two picks in each of the first 4 rounds of the 2011 draft. That's they way to build a long term winner.

M&K's Retrievers
10-10-2010, 01:23 PM
bump..............

road kill
10-11-2010, 06:00 AM
I don't understand the Vikings' plan for winning. Last year, the bet the farm on Farve instead of trying to find a young QB with potential. Now, they want to trade a 3rd round pick for a 33 year old Moss. There are quality WR's on many team's Practice Squads that they could sign without giving any compensation. Heck, the Saints have Adrian Arrington on thier Practice Squad, a WR that could start for most teams. Meanwhile, look at the Patriots, they have two picks in each of the first 4 rounds of the 2011 draft. That's they way to build a long term winner.

You think Adrian Arrington is better than Randy Moss??

Really??

Seriously???

We shall see................................

Packers LOSE, Saints LOSE, HUGE game for Vikings tonight.

RK

Franco
10-11-2010, 06:53 AM
You think Adrian Arrington is better than Randy Moss??

Really??

Seriously???

RK

I think that AA has more upside going forward. AA has fleet speed, size and can catch the tough pass whereas RM's better days are behind him.

road kill
10-11-2010, 07:07 AM
I think that AA has more upside going forward. AA has fleet speed, size and can catch the tough pass whereas RM's better days are behind him.

But maybe, just maybe, he has a couple good days ahead of him.
Do you totally dismiss that he and Favre could go down swinging and finish on an up note?

Or, are you just hoping???

I mean you could be right, but these guys along with Petersen, Harvin, Rice and Shiancoe look pretty good on paper right now.

I am not so sure, think I will watch them play together first.

RK

Franco
10-11-2010, 09:18 AM
But maybe, just maybe, he has a couple good days ahead of him.
Do you totally dismiss that he and Favre could go down swinging and finish on an up note?

Or, are you just hoping???

I mean you could be right, but these guys along with Petersen, Harvin, Rice and Shiancoe look pretty good on paper right now.

I am not so sure, think I will watch them play together first.

RK

No doubt they will both go down swinging! I think they are looking at a 8 or 9 win season.

road kill
10-14-2010, 07:24 AM
EAST
TEAM----------W L T PCT GB
Saint007-------3 2 0 .600 --
DA BEARS------3 2 0 .600 --
More Cow Bell--3 2 0 .600 --
Elvis-----------2 3 0 .400 1
HUBBA HUBBA--1 4 0 .200 2

WEST
TEAM------------------W L T PCT GB
Dog Years--------------4 1 0 .800 --
BAMA TITANS----------3 2 0 .600 1
TEAM DA HONEYBEARS -2 3 0 .400 2
Team Pigskin Pimps-----2 3 0 .400 2
Italian Stallions---------2 3 0 .400 2

Franco
10-14-2010, 08:30 AM
EAST
TEAM----------W L T PCT GB
Saint007-------3 2 0 .600 --
DA BEARS------3 2 0 .600 --
More Cow Bell--3 2 0 .600 --
Elvis-----------2 3 0 .400 1
HUBBA HUBBA--1 4 0 .200 2

WEST
TEAM------------------W L T PCT GB
Dog Years--------------4 1 0 .800 --
BAMA TITANS----------3 2 0 .600 1
TEAM DA HONEYBEARS -2 3 0 .400 2
Team Pigskin Pimps-----2 3 0 .400 2
Italian Stallions---------2 3 0 .400 2

One-third of the way through the season so it's got to be beginners luck in the Eastern Conference;-) Dog Years is still Top Dawg so far.

I still think the Saints, Packers and Cowboys will win thier Divisions:eek:

M&K's Retrievers
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't know about the Cowboys, Franco. They are the biggest screw up of potential I think I've ever seen. 13 penalties last week -3 pass interference calls in the first drive alone (one wasn't accepted as the result was a touchdown. 500+ yards of offense and still lose. Two tipped passes for interceptions. No turnovers on defense. So many problems they can't be identified except for the offensive line. By the time they figure it out and get it fixed, Romo will be out of whatever prime he has left.:confused:

troy schwab
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
One-third of the way through the season so it's got to be beginners luck in the Eastern Conference;-) Dog Years is still Top Dawg so far.

I still think the Saints, Packers and Cowboys will win thier Divisions:eek:

Packers are toast...... Sorry bud. If they lose Jamarcus Finley have big problems, and Rogers has been shaky at best compared to his past.

Franco
10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Here is what I think you and Mike (M&K) are missing;

Teams that peak early in the season generally fizzle by the end of the season.

Teams like the Cowboys and Packers have way too much talent to faulter down the stretch. Injuries do have an impact but, superior talent generally finds a way to win.

M&K's Retrievers
10-14-2010, 09:39 AM
I agree but so far as the Cowboys are concerned, superior talent has found a way to lose. This team should be 4-0 but are 1-3 due to bone head plays, poor coaching and the team reading the headlines before they are printed. This weekend should show us a lot after the drubbing the Vikes put on them last year. If Dallas can pull this one out, maybe they have a chance if the NFC East beats each other up with Dallas winning the rest of their division games. I honestly think that as long as Jerry is head coach, the Cowboys are doomed.

road kill
10-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Here is what I think you and Mike (M&K) are missing;

Teams that peak early in the season generally fizzle by the end of the season.

Teams like the Cowboys and Packers have way too much talent to faulter down the stretch. Injuries do have an impact but, superior talent generally finds a way to win.

That would be the Vikings.

BTW--Finley out for season.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
10-17-2010, 02:02 PM
......bump...

ducknwork
10-18-2010, 06:38 AM
I really need MJD to have a big night. Stupid me for not starting Schaub.:(

troy schwab
10-19-2010, 07:37 AM
I need for Mercedes Lewis and Rob Bironas (kicker) to somehow have a combination of about a dozen total fumbles or interceptions thrown. Highly unlikely!

Nice work Troy!

LOL..... Thanks Nate.... Caught your team at the right time....... Good luck next week.

ducknwork
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
It's about time my guys play to their potential.:D

M&K's Retrievers
10-31-2010, 11:12 AM
bump............

Franco
11-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Was that not an awesome game last night in the Super Dome?;-)

Both teams with huge Goal Line stands.
Both teams knocking the snot out of one another(reminded of last season's NFC Championship game).
Saints Defense Backs were all Safties except for one healthy Corner.
Undrafted Free Agent Lance Moore (one of my Fantasy players) has another big games, as usual.

And, a Guiness Book Of Records was set last night for the most Halloween Costumes in one place!

starjack
11-01-2010, 04:11 PM
The vikings cut Moss . Think he will be back with New England. He said he misses it.

road kill
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Was that not an awesome game last night in the Super Dome?;-)

Both teams with huge Goal Line stands.
Both teams knocking the snot out of one another(reminded of last season's NFC Championship game).
Saints Defense Backs were all Safties except for one healthy Corner.
Undrafted Free Agent Lance Moore (one of my Fantasy players) has another big games, as usual.

And, a Guiness Book Of Records was set last night for the most Halloween Costumes in one place!

And that was just normal cajun wear, was it not???

RK

Franco
11-01-2010, 07:02 PM
And that was just normal cajun wear, was it not???

RK

More normal for an Orleanian to wear than a Cajun.;-)

How 'bout dem Saints and Packers? They beat what the experts annointed as the two best teams in the NFL in the Steelers and Jets:cool:

So much for AFC supremecy this season:D

road kill
11-01-2010, 07:14 PM
More normal for an Orleanian to wear than a Cajun.;-)

How 'bout dem Saints and Packers? They beat what the experts annointed as the two best teams in the NFL in the Steelers and Jets:cool:

So much for AFC supremecy this season:D

Ryan gave that game away.
Sanchez threw 32 times, assinine!!

KUDO's to the Packers defense.
A shutout is a shutout is a shutout.

Tough to do these days, very impressive.

RK

Wayne Beck
11-01-2010, 09:13 PM
The vikings cut Moss . Think he will be back with New England. He said he misses it.

This is royally messing up my money league I play in.. Grrrr.

ducknwork
11-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Hmmmmmmmm.

Tough decision at QB this week. Who do I start?

Schaub-Terribly inconsistent so far, but has the potential to have a big game at any time. He's killing me repeatedly.
Freeman-Very consistent scoring in double figures, but hasn't shown a big game threat yet this season.
Stafford-Had a huge game last week, but was it a fluke? He's only been back for one week.

:confused::confused:

BTW, I would like to pick up a good RB this week if anyone is interested in any trades...Make me an offer.....

Franco
11-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Hmmmmmmmm.

Tough decision at QB this week. Who do I start?

Schaub-Terribly inconsistent so far, but has the potential to have a big game at any time. He's killing me repeatedly.
Freeman-Very consistent scoring in double figures, but hasn't shown a big game threat yet this season.
Stafford-Had a huge game last week, but was it a fluke? He's only been back for one week.

:confused::confused:

BTW, I would like to pick up a good RB this week if anyone is interested in any trades...Make me an offer.....

I have no idea how points are earned in FF but, the Bucs will play the Falcons close and possibly an upset.

ducknwork
11-08-2010, 06:21 AM
I hate this game.:(

road kill
11-08-2010, 06:23 AM
I hate this game.:(

Ditto!!!!

rk

Franco
11-08-2010, 06:35 AM
How 'bout dem Cowboys, y'all?:p

M&K's Retrievers
11-08-2010, 07:30 AM

Have you ever seen anything like it? Jerry is fast over taking his idol Al Davis. Watching him last night it looked like his not so recent face life had even failed him. Maybe today he will start rebuilding. :(

road kill
11-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Have you ever seen anything like it? Jerry is fast over taking his idol Al Davis. Watching him last night it looked like his not so recent face life had even failed him. Maybe today he will start rebuilding. :(

Yeah, your coach didn't even speak to McCarthy after the ass whuppin'....ooops, I mean game, what a class act!!:rolleyes:

RK

Goose
11-08-2010, 10:18 AM

This team will change the way it does things when Smiley Jones dies and that might not be for another 30 years!! And even then it's his son Stephen who will take over the team. The Cowboys will suck as long as Jerry makes all the decisions. Maybe we could swap coaches with Buffalo since Chan Gailey's a previous Jones hire. Hell, maybe we could swap owners:)

But good news for the Cowboys since they play Detroit in two weeks...Stafford's hurt!!! It's the only chance the Cowboys have for another win:)

If Wade isn't fired today (and I think he will) he'll make it to the end of the season. Unbelievable. A trillion-billion dollar stadium and the sorry-ass owner lets his arrogance get in the way of running a football team.

M&K's Retrievers
11-14-2010, 11:56 AM
bump..............

kona's mom
11-15-2010, 09:05 PM
I hate Michael Vick. Up by 50 going into tonight and now I may lose:-x

ducknwork
11-15-2010, 10:20 PM
I hate Michael Vick. Up by 50 going into tonight and now I may lose:-x

He's ridiculous tonight...Never seen anything remotely like this...

kona's mom
11-16-2010, 08:17 AM
LOL Thanks Nate.

Cody Covey
11-16-2010, 08:37 PM
In our work league i was down by 30 in one of my games with only vick to go. I knew it would be close. I looked at our page at 8:00 and saw he already had 40 something with more than a quarter to go :)

ducknwork
11-17-2010, 06:18 AM
How many teams get into the playoffs?

ducknwork
11-19-2010, 02:43 PM
I don't have much of a shot this week vs Nate, but da Bears helped me out in a big way last night! You gotta be happy about 18 pts from your defense!!

ducknwork
11-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Nevermind...Nate's got Baltimore's D and look who my Panthers decided to start this week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Days-after-being-stay-at-home-dad-St-Pierre-st?urn=nfl-287438

Can you say WTF???

ducknwork
11-22-2010, 06:18 AM
Think again! Talk about a lopsided matchup. Thanks for the spankin'!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while...

I'm just glad I didn't get Vicked!

M&K's Retrievers
11-25-2010, 06:37 PM
bump........

road kill
11-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Roy Williams SUX!!!

What a shame........

RK

Franco
11-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Roy Williams SUX!!!

What a shame........

RK

and, Drew Brees is the best clutch QB in the league!

Can the Packers beat the over-rated Falcons?

M&K's Retrievers
11-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Roy Williams SUX!!!

What a shame........

RK

he really does. my guess he will be gone after this season

Franco
11-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Roy Williams didn't loose the game for the Cowboys!

First, that was an incredible strip of the ball by 1st Round pick Malcolm Jenkins.

Second, the Saints drove the ball 90 yards in one minute for the winning TD completing pass against two Cowboy All Pro Cornerbacks.

Finally, as much as Reggie Bush looked rusty after an 8 week layoff with a broken leg, his missed TD catch and punt fumble opened the door for a Cowboy rally.

M&K's Retrievers
11-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Roy Williams didn't loose the game for the Cowboys!

First, that was an incredible strip of the ball by 1st Round pick Malcolm Jenkins.

Second, the Saints drove the ball 90 yards in one minute for the winning TD completing pass against two Cowboy All Pro Cornerbacks.

Finally, as much as Reggie Bush looked rusty after an 8 week layoff with a broken leg, his missed TD catch and punt fumble opened the door for a Cowboy rally.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas. Franco, if Roy Williams doesn't fumble, Saints lose and you know it. Williams did, Bush didn't, so Merry Frigging Christmas, Saints. :(

Franco
11-26-2010, 09:01 AM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry Christmas. Franco, if Roy Williams doesn't fumble, Saints lose and you know it. Williams did, Bush didn't, so Merry Frigging Christmas, Saints. :(

Any NFL coach will tell you that games are not won or lost on one play.

Where was WR Dez Bryant, he had zero catches!

What about the missed holding call when Miles Austin got his TD?

Blame the Dallas D for allowing a 90 yard drive at the end of the game.

And, Bush did fumble deep in Saints territory sparking a Cowboy rally.

P S
Great teams find a way to win!;-)

M&K's Retrievers
11-26-2010, 10:45 PM

Where was WR Dez Bryant, he had zero catches! Cowboys still leading with a couple of minutes to play without Dez's help

What about the missed holding call when Miles Austin got his TD? Another "If". Most will tell you that holding can be called on any play

Blame the Dallas D for allowing a 90 yard drive at the end of the game. Wouldn't have happened if Williams had not fumbled which is my point.

And, Bush did fumble deep in Saints territory sparking a Cowboy rally. And he dropped a sure TD moments earlier.

P S

Yes they do but I doubt the Saints will be in Dallas again this season. Great teams don't lose a 17 point first quarter lead nor do they struggle with a lowly 3-7 team.

More Cow Bell regards, :cool:

Franco
11-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Your quote, "Wouldn't have happened if Williams had not fumbled which is my point."

Again, games are not won are lost on one play!

All the teams bring thier best when they play the Champs. Dallas was no difference, they were on a roll. It was thier Defense that let them down!

M&K's Retrievers
11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Your quote, "Wouldn't have happened if Williams had not fumbled which is my point."

Again, games are not won are lost on one play!

All the teams bring thier best when they play the Champs. Dallas was no difference, they were on a roll. It was thier Defense that let them down!

You prove my point. Had Williams not fumbled, Dallas' defense would not have been in position to let them down.

road kill
11-29-2010, 05:42 AM
Where was WR Dez Bryant, he had zero catches!

What about the missed holding call when Miles Austin got his TD?

Blame the Dallas D for allowing a 90 yard drive at the end of the game.

And, Bush did fumble deep in Saints territory sparking a Cowboy rally.

P S

That may be what any coach will tell you, and if it's so, Brees didn't win the game after the GIFT from "mini-moss.";-)

Saints fans (1 in particular) are as annoying as Bears fans.

Here some stuff for ya:

Green Bay WI--Title Towne, USA
Super Bowl Trophy's name--the LOMBARDI Trophy
Lambeau Field--nuff said

:D

RK

Franco
11-29-2010, 01:53 PM
That may be what any coach will tell you, and if it's so, Brees didn't win the game after the GIFT from "mini-moss.";-)

Saints fans (1 in particular) are as annoying as Bears fans.

Here some stuff for ya:

Gren Bay WI--Title Towne, USA
Super Bowl Traphy's name--the LOMBARDI Trophy
Lambeau Field--nuff said

:D

RK

Not sure were Gren Bay is but how nice of them to annoint themselves as Title Town, USA. I am sure the folks over in Pittsberger, Pa. all agree.

That Traphy should have been named the Halas Trophy, since Georgio was the most instumental in making the NFL what is is today.

Lambeau Field - an antiquated stadium the Packers need because everyone knows the Packers need all the help they can get especially when the weather turns cold.

What happened to your Packers Sunday? I can't even count on them to beat the Dirty Birds!

Oh and I really do like those cool cheese hats y'all wear. I would wear one if I live on the frozen Tundra too. But, Brees is our cheese and he'll have to do.

Signed,

Annoying Saint Fan (who was really looking forward to a Saints v Packers NFC Champ game)

road kill
11-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Not sure were Gren Bay is but how nice of them to annoint themselves as Title Town, USA. I am sure the folks over is Pittsberger, Pa. all agree.Right up the street from AUDBURN!!
That Traphy should have been named the Halas Trophy, since Georgio was the most instumental in making the NFL what is is today.But it's the LOMBARDI Trophy!!
Lambeau Field - an antiquated stadium the Packers need because everyone knows the Packers need all the help they can get especially when the weather turns cold.

What happened to your Packers Sunday? I can't even count on them to beat the Dirty Birds!

Signed,

Annoying Saint Fan (who was really looking forward to a Saints v Packers NFC Champ game)

Green Bay may not even make the playoffs, thanks Roy!!!

RK

kona's mom
11-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Green Bay who? GO BEARS!!!!;)

ducknwork
11-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Green Bay who? GO BEARS!!!!;)

Bears who? GO PANTH....

um...nevermind, I'll just shutup now...

kona's mom
11-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Ok commissioner . Gore is out for rest of season. I want to drop him and pick up another RB but he is on the undroppable list. You going to cut me a break and let me drop him?:p

road kill
11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Ok commissioner . Gore is out for rest of season. I want to drop him and pick up another RB but he is on the undroppable list. You going to cut me a break and let me drop him?:p

I'll check, you may be able to drop him Wednesday.

stan b

M&K's Retrievers
12-02-2010, 10:34 PM
bump.............

kona's mom
12-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I got my butt womped. But that's ok cuz my boy got his SH this weekend and DA BEARS won!!:p

Clint Watts
12-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I want in on this next year.

kona's mom
12-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Well I am getting creamed today but who cares. Its all about Da Bears today. Football weather in Chicago!

M&K's Retrievers
12-19-2010, 05:55 PM
bump................

ducknwork
12-20-2010, 10:44 AM
This is embarassing...

M&K's Retrievers
12-26-2010, 12:18 AM
bump........................

M&K's Retrievers
01-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Good luck all!

Franco
01-02-2011, 07:45 AM
This was my first time playing FF and I suck!

All I know is my real team will be 12 - 4 by 3pm today!

road kill
01-02-2011, 06:14 PM

Or somewhere near that......:cool:

RK

M&K's Retrievers
01-02-2011, 06:18 PM

How did that work out for you? You still did better than my Cowboys. Man what a bad year.

paul young
01-02-2011, 06:26 PM

not EXACTLY.......

Franco
01-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Tampa played well and my team played lke they had nothing to lose pulling Brees and other starters for the 4th Q. SP said before the game he was going to play everyone.

On to the playoffs.;-)

road kill
01-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Tampa played well and my team played lke they had nothing to lose pulling Brees and other starters for the 4th Q. SP said before the game he was going to play everyone.

On to the playoffs.;-)

Do the Saints play the winner of the St Louis Seattle game?

GB squeaked by Da Bearssssssss and now get the Iggles.

RK

starjack
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Do the Saints play the winner of the St Louis Seattle game?

GB squeaked by Da Bearssssssss and now get the Iggles.

RK

Good smash mouth defence on both side of the ball. Now thats what i like to outside on grass were it belongs;)

road kill
01-02-2011, 07:32 PM
That made for a fun season! Thanks for setting up the league.

Happy New Year everyone!

Yep....CONGRATS to YOU!!!
Nicely played!!

stan b