PDA

View Full Version : Sharron Angle - Ready for Prime Time?????

YardleyLabs
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
It would be hard for a candidate like Sharron Angle to find a friendlier audience than she has at Fox News. Softball interviews and allowing her to ask for donations on air are assumed to be her fair and balanced due. However, even her interviewer at Fox was stunned when Angle made her expectation explicit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TrIKQagJPs

If you can't make out the sound, a key part of the transcript follows:
Angle: “We needed to have the press be our friend.”
Cameron: “Wait a minute. Hold on a second. To be your friend…?”
Angle: “Well, truly–”
Cameron: “That sounds naive.”
Angle: “Well, no. We wanted them to ask the questions we want to answer so that they report the news the way we want it to be reported. and when I get on a show and I say send me money to SharronAngle.com, so that your listeners will know that if they want to support me they need to go to SharronAngle.com.”
Cameron: [speechless, laughs]

My apologies for having posted this to the wrong forum....

Franco
08-03-2010, 04:22 PM
The people of Nevada can thank the Tea Party for this loon, and I am being nice calling her a loon. Harry Reid was in his last days in the Senate until she got the support from the baggers. There were two qualified Conservatives with double diget leads over Reid but, the baggers went for the crazy candidate!

Don't be surprised when Reid gets reelected.

road kill
08-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Soooo....you like her because she is telling it straight, right?

Or, are you offended becuase she is hip to what you "middle of the road independents" have been enjoying with Matthews and Maddow and Olberman and Rather for YEARS??

Is this that horse in Emerald City again??

RK

dnf777
08-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Omfg........!

Buzz
08-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, if nothing else, she's not afraid to tell you what she really thinks. :rolleyes:

dnf777
08-03-2010, 05:17 PM
[/INDENT]My apologies for having posted this to the wrong forum....

Didn't you see the video? She belongs on a dog forum, no doubt.
Somebody just forgot to put her Pro100 on her before letting her loose.

Way to go Nevada republicans....you just gave Harry another term as SML.

BonMallari
08-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Sharron Angle is a perfect snapshot of what the harm the Tea Party will do in 2012 if left to hijack the Republican Party.

in their zeal to remove Harry Reid from office they went for the extreme candidate...who is an absolute WHACK JOB...she opens her mouth and stupid things come out...a lot like Sarah Palin...

by choosing the extreme conservative Tea Party candidate they effectively made Harry look like a moderate..he might be one of the most hated people in Nevada, but Angle scares the excrement out of many sane people

subroc
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
so, because she hopes for something the democrats receive from ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, NPR, the New York Times, The Washington Post and all other MSM, that makes her different how?

dnf777
08-03-2010, 05:28 PM
so, because she hopes for something the democrats receive from ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, NPR, the New York Times, The Washington Post and all other MSM, that makes her different how?

Want some cheese to go with that whine?

subroc
08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
no whine there Dave. none at all. comprehend much?

luvmylabs23139
08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Anyone is an improvement from Harry Reid!

road kill
08-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Omfg........!

Want some wine to go with that CHEESE???:barf:

RK

BonMallari
08-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Anyone is an improvement from Harry Reid!

I dislike Harry as much as anyone on the board but if Reid gets beat and the Republicans dont get control of the Senate, we are looking at Schumer or Durbin as Sen.Majority Leader and they are both big anti gun advocates

david gibson
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM

RK

whooooaaaa there stan! did that post pass the "franco filter"? he has decided what you can and cannot post here. personally, i think a "barf" is a cheap shot! would you really barf on him? i think not, therefore it is a cheap shot to make a joke about it. no one sees "funny" here

JDogger
08-03-2010, 07:39 PM

Because she actually articulated it in a broadcast interview. Lacking subtlety at the least. Plain dumb at the worst.

BTW, Fox is also MSM as is 99% of talk radio and all of Murdoch's rags and a fair portion of the blogosphere. The right is not under-represented in the media. Far from it.

Hope you found that cheese.:p JD

Hew
08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I dislike Harry as much as anyone on the board but if Reid gets beat and the Republicans dont get control of the Senate, we are looking at Schumer or Durbin as Sen.Majority Leader and they are both big anti gun advocates
If the GOP picks up 3 or 4 seats in the Senate, regardless of whether one of 'em is Reid, the Democrats could elect Schumer, Durbin or Karl Marx as their new Majority Leader and they still won't get anything through the Senate without the GOP's agreement.

As for Angle, what I've read about her (which isn't that much) isn't too impressive, but I certainly won't form my opinion about her based on the linked interview that started this thread. What little was shown of it (hey, I though after le affaire d'Sherrod that the libs were all about context) she could have just as easily been playing around w/ the reporter. She managed to get her website mentioned twice on a national news show and by Yardley. So who is the dummy? ;):D;)

road kill
08-03-2010, 08:09 PM
If the GOP picks up 3 or 4 seats in the Senate, regardless of whether one of 'em is Reid, the Democrats could elect Schumer, Durbin or Karl Marx as their new Majority Leader and they still won't get anything through the Senate without the GOP's agreement.

As for Angle, what I've read about her (which isn't that much) isn't too impressive, but I certainly won't form my opinion about her based on the linked interview that started this thread. What little was shown of it (hey, I though after le affaire d'Sherrod that the libs were all about context) she could have just as easily been playing around w/ the reporter. She managed to get her website mentioned twice on a national news show and by Yardley. So who is the dummy? ;):D;)
Isn't he busy right now, playing golf??:D

RK

dnf777
08-03-2010, 08:57 PM

RK

Given your fine taste in cigars....if you're pouring wine....I'm a drinkin' it! :D

YardleyLabs
08-03-2010, 09:03 PM

I will admit Hew, that I spent about 30 minutes trying to locate a more complete segment to see how it sounded in context. I found one that included a lot more pieces -- nothing at all mitigating -- but was so heavily edited that I did not consider it to be reliable. I would love to see the full interview if you have a link since my gut tells me no one can be that stupid. I did find a number of other Fox and Friend interviews with her that satisfied her every desire, including allowing her to ask for money.

dnf777
08-03-2010, 09:03 PM
whooooaaaa there stan! did that post pass the "franco filter"? he has decided what you can and cannot post here. personally, i think a "barf" is a cheap shot! would you really barf on him? i think not, therefore it is a cheap shot to make a joke about it. no one sees "funny" here

Thanks for your police action, but I didn't take offense at all. You just don't know the difference between funny and stupid. Neither franco or stan has ever said anything remotely as retarded as you routinely do. Nor has anyone else, for that matter.

david gibson
08-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks for your police action, but I didn't take offense at all. You just don't know the difference between funny and stupid. Neither franco or stan has ever said anything remotely as retarded as you routinely do. Nor has anyone else, for that matter.

wow, i didnt think you were capable of a cheap shot too dave. and your cute little copycat reply about whether i was on top or bottom was sooooooo much more mature. if you didnt take offense, why did you bother to reply? but of course, you dont see hipocracy, do you?

gimme a break.

BOLD: you mean i beat Gman!!! really??? THANKs!!!!!!!! so you take back the PM's where you said you respected my opposite-side debates when you quit last month, and you were only quitting because of the "other" posters??? so which one is it? say one thing in private but another in public? only one word for that my friend, and it starts with a "C", and it aint "Conservative"

wow, such a change of heart. that can only be good for me. ;-)

dnf777
08-04-2010, 05:55 AM
wow, i didnt think you were capable of a cheap shot too dave. and your cute little copycat reply about whether i was on top or bottom was sooooooo much more mature. if you didnt take offense, why did you bother to reply? but of course, you dont see hipocracy, do you?

gimme a break.

BOLD: you mean i beat Gman!!! really??? THANKs!!!!!!!! so you take back the PM's where you said you respected my opposite-side debates when you quit last month, and you were only quitting because of the "other" posters??? so which one is it? say one thing in private but another in public? only one word for that my friend, and it starts with a "C", and it aint "Conservative"

wow, such a change of heart. that can only be good for me. ;-)

Once in a blue moon, when you say something of substance, even if I disagree, I can respect that. Your ratio of retarded comments to meaningful is about 20:1. Not worth my time.

And i don't say things in PMs I wouldn't say in public, although maybe a little more polished and filtered. If at that time you hadn't blossomed into the total jack-a$$ that you are now, I may have said that, and actually meant it.

And if that "c" word you referring to me rhymes with "hunt", then again I'm flattered you would refer to me as an object of sexual desire, but I will take a definite Pass.