View Full Version : Field Trials near Eglin AFB?

08-03-2010, 03:47 PM
I will be traveling off and on to Eglin from now until the end of the year. I have weekends off, was thinking about trying to squeeze in a FT here and there is possible. I'm not 100% familiar with the FTs in the area nor the schedule. Can any RTFers help me out please....

Anything near Eglin? If so what are the dates?

Carol Cassity
08-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Mobile Amateur does their trial in Demopolis, AL. There are no hunt tests or field trials in Okaloosa County. Tall Pines is over near Tallahasse and a couple of clubs us Thomasville, GA. Used to be a couple in Fairhope, AL - but I don't think there are any now. The Spillway in Kenner, LA is used by several clubs. All these are about 3 - 5 hours away from Eglin.

PM sent.

08-03-2010, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the PM and information.....i'll also be down there in Sept, Oct and November. Think it might be nice to try and squeeze in a trial on a totally different circuit if I can.

08-04-2010, 04:10 PM
I will be at Eglin from:

Sept 23-Oct 10 - will be free on the weekend if anyone needs a bird boy, I throw like a girl, but it beats nothing ;)

Sept 27 - Oct 8 - hoping there might be a trial the weekends before, during or after; haven't made my flight arrangements and am flexable

And tentatively Nov 8 -19....same as above any trials before, during or after for those weekends?

08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
There should be at least 3 held in Greensboro Al at the cattle ranch. Two are already on EE, Black Warrior and N. AL.

08-05-2010, 03:18 PM
And you will only be about 7 hours away from the National