PDA

View Full Version : Field Trials near Eglin AFB?

FOM
08-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I will be traveling off and on to Eglin from now until the end of the year. I have weekends off, was thinking about trying to squeeze in a FT here and there is possible. I'm not 100% familiar with the FTs in the area nor the schedule. Can any RTFers help me out please....

Anything near Eglin? If so what are the dates?

Thanks,

Lainee

Carol Cassity
08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Mobile Amateur does their trial in Demopolis, AL. There are no hunt tests or field trials in Okaloosa County. Tall Pines is over near Tallahasse and a couple of clubs us Thomasville, GA. Used to be a couple in Fairhope, AL - but I don't think there are any now. The Spillway in Kenner, LA is used by several clubs. All these are about 3 - 5 hours away from Eglin.

PM sent.

Carol

FOM
08-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Carol,

Thanks for the PM and information.....i'll also be down there in Sept, Oct and November. Think it might be nice to try and squeeze in a trial on a totally different circuit if I can.

Lainee

FOM
08-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I will be at Eglin from:

Sept 23-Oct 10 - will be free on the weekend if anyone needs a bird boy, I throw like a girl, but it beats nothing ;)

Sept 27 - Oct 8 - hoping there might be a trial the weekends before, during or after; haven't made my flight arrangements and am flexable

And tentatively Nov 8 -19....same as above any trials before, during or after for those weekends?

TIA,

Lainee

Waterbug
08-05-2010, 01:28 PM
There should be at least 3 held in Greensboro Al at the cattle ranch. Two are already on EE, Black Warrior and N. AL.

rboudet
08-05-2010, 04:18 PM
And you will only be about 7 hours away from the National