PDA

View Full Version : so nice to know our first family are just regular folk

david gibson
08-05-2010, 08:27 AM
what ever happened to "i feel your pain"

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2010/08/04/2010-08-04_material_girl_michelle_obama_is_a_modernday_mar ie_antoinette_on_a_glitzy_spanish.html

"But while most of the country is pinching pennies and downsizing summer sojourns - or forgoing them altogether - the Obamas don't seem to be heeding their own advice. While many of us are struggling, the First Lady is spending the next few days in a five-star hotel on the chic Costa del Sol in southern Spain with 40 of her "closest friends." According to CNN, the group is expected to occupy 60 to 70 rooms, more than a third of the lodgings at the 160-room resort. Not exactly what one would call cutting back in troubled times.

Reports are calling the lodgings of Obama's Spanish fiesta, the Hotel Villa Padierna in Marbella, "luxurious," "posh" and "a millionaires' playground." Estimated room rate per night? Up to a staggering $2,500. Method of transportation? Air Force Two.

To be clear, what the Obamas do with their money is one thing; what they do with ours is another. Transporting and housing the estimated 70 Secret Service agents who will flank the material girl will cost the taxpayers a pretty penny.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2010/08/04/2010-08-04_material_girl_michelle_obama_is_a_modernday_mar ie_antoinette_on_a_glitzy_spanish.html#ixzz0vjYcyK K6"

these people sicken me

(special note to Poger Perry: note this links to a web site with an author, and there is a second link. dont waste any of your beauty sleep trying to ponder whether i claim it as my own or not.

just lookin' out for ya buddy ;-) )

road kill
08-05-2010, 08:32 AM
"Let them eat cake!!"

RK

precisionlabradors
08-05-2010, 09:08 AM
describe how you would live if you were potus.

i would take vacations.
________
black girl Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/ebony-girls/)

david gibson
08-05-2010, 09:26 AM
describe how you would live if you were potus.

i would take vacations.

i would too, but not to 5-star $2500 a night european resorts with 70 secret service and untold additional costs.

spend the money more wisely, spend it on americans to help our own economy and people, set an example - thats what leadership is. what did he say last year about going to vegas?

this yahoo aint no leader.

if i was potus i'd visit the gulf coast on official business and then stay a few days on vacation to help stimulate the local economy. do the same in west virginia - beautiful place to relax, while visiting the memorial for the coal miners and inspecting the improvements suppposedly being made to mining safety. or the ozarks - devastating deadly flood there lately - and a great place to relax a few days. visit the california wildfires, make sure their needs are being met, then relax in sequoia just 2 hours away.

many many many options that keep the money here, and, just as important, show that you really care about the people.

or heaven forbid - visit the southern border, witness first hand the economic and ecological disaster caused by the illegal border crossings, then spend a few days in sedona, grand canyon, etc. fantastic places to vacation.

but of course not. thats a red state.

thats way too much to ask of this potus.

precisionlabradors
08-05-2010, 10:08 AM
dude, david, i know you're passionate, but damn, chill. i really don't think the obamas put as much into thinking about ways to screw americans over or how to snub 'red' states as you let yourself get angry/resentful for.

it is a great idea to vacation in our country, though. lots to see and do and keep the money local.

i'd go to europe, though. you know, foreign relations. haha. actually, i just would want to see some cool stuff.
________
Deluxealexa (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/deluxealexa/)

ducknwork
08-05-2010, 10:22 AM
i'd go to europe, though. you know, foreign relations. haha. actually, i just would want to see some cool stuff.

Which would be fine if you didn't tell us not that long ago that we would all have to sacrifice and the next years would be difficult and painful. Hypocrisy.

I can't find that quote in regards to what I just said...anyone know where to get it? I distinctly remember hearing him say it.

M&K's Retrievers
08-05-2010, 10:37 AM
dude, david, i know you're passionate, but damn, chill. i really don't think the obamas put as much into thinking about ways to screw americans over or how to snub 'red' states as you let yourself get angry/resentful for.

it is a great idea to vacation in our country, though. lots to see and do and keep the money local.

I don't care where they go as long as they go and don't come back. I wouldn't mind paying for that. I do mind paying for all this extravagant crap they are doing.:mad:

precisionlabradors
08-05-2010, 12:51 PM
so did/does it bother you guys when other presidents and dignitaries did/do it or just obama? is it due to the times or that he encouraged others to make financial sacrifices including a 'we' statement?
________
Body Science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

road kill
08-05-2010, 12:55 PM
so did/does it bother you guys when other presidents and dignitaries did/do it or just obama? is it due to the times or that he encouraged others to make financial sacrifices including a 'we' statement?

Apples and oranges, never been this far in debt before!!
If we had, yep, I would have resented it.;-)

RK

precisionlabradors
08-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Apples and oranges, never been this far in debt before!!
If we had, yep, I would have resented it.;-)

RK

good honesty. so, part of what got us this far in debt is the careless spending of many ex-dignitaries. we could/should resent them for getting us here. obama should be more frugal. at what point can he and his family start sharing the same perks of the job that past potus' did? when we are fiscally in the black? if we hold this potus and future ones to that, who will step up to the plate.

future job listing for potus:looking for some idiot to run a country. high stress. low benefits. everyone will hate you. enjoy.
________
Vaaapp Vaporizer (http://essentialvaaappvaporizer.com)

road kill
08-05-2010, 01:04 PM
good honesty. so, part of what got us this far in debt is the careless spending of many ex-dignitaries. we could/should resent them for getting us here. obama should be more frugal. at what point can he and his family start sharing the same perks of the job that past potus' did? when we are fiscally in the black? if we hold this potus and future ones to that, who will step up to the plate.

future job listing for potus:looking for some idiot to run a country. high stress. low benefits. everyone will hate you. enjoy.

I do.....and it ain't all on Bush either, he had willing accomplices.

Now that I think of it, HE was the willing accomplice.

RK

Roger Perry
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
what ever happened to "i feel your pain"

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2010/08/04/2010-08-04_material_girl_michelle_obama_is_a_modernday_mar ie_antoinette_on_a_glitzy_spanish.html

"But while most of the country is pinching pennies and downsizing summer sojourns - or forgoing them altogether - the Obamas don't seem to be heeding their own advice. While many of us are struggling, the First Lady is spending the next few days in a five-star hotel on the chic Costa del Sol in southern Spain with 40 of her "closest friends." According to CNN, the group is expected to occupy 60 to 70 rooms, more than a third of the lodgings at the 160-room resort. Not exactly what one would call cutting back in troubled times.

Reports are calling the lodgings of Obama's Spanish fiesta, the Hotel Villa Padierna in Marbella, "luxurious," "posh" and "a millionaires' playground." Estimated room rate per night? Up to a staggering $2,500. Method of transportation? Air Force Two.

To be clear, what the Obamas do with their money is one thing; what they do with ours is another. Transporting and housing the estimated 70 Secret Service agents who will flank the material girl will cost the taxpayers a pretty penny.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2010/08/04/2010-08-04_material_girl_michelle_obama_is_a_modernday_mar ie_antoinette_on_a_glitzy_spanish.html#ixzz0vjYcyK K6"

these people sicken me

(special note to Poger Perry: note this links to a web site with an author, and there is a second link. dont waste any of your beauty sleep trying to ponder whether i claim it as my own or not.

just lookin' out for ya buddy ;-) )

Wonder what this junket cost the american tax payer?

WASHINGTON- President Bush's father, former President George H.W. Bush, will lead the U.S. delegation to the Olympic games next month in Athens, Greece.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan on Thursday said the others named to the delegation are: Barbara Bush, the president's mother; Thomas Miller, the U.S. ambassador to Greece; Alex Spanos, the owner of the NFL's San Diego Chargers who has helped raise millions of dollars for the president; Spanos' wife, Faye; Chris Evert, tennis star; and the president's twin daughters, Barbara and Jenna Bush.

road kill
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Wonder what this junket cost the american tax payer?

WASHINGTON- President Bush's father, former President George H.W. Bush, will lead the U.S. delegation to the Olympic games next month in Athens, Greece.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan on Thursday said the others named to the delegation are: Barbara Bush, the president's mother; Thomas Miller, the U.S. ambassador to Greece; Alex Spanos, the owner of the NFL's San Diego Chargers who has helped raise millions of dollars for the president; Spanos' wife, Faye; Chris Evert, tennis star; and the president's twin daughters, Barbara and Jenna Bush.

Hey, Rog, I think the subject matter is about Michelle being in Spain with her daughter and her friends.

Try to stay focused and on topic!!

I know your hatred just takes over, but.........

RK

code3retrievers
08-05-2010, 01:33 PM
What ever happened to the notion of being a "public servant"?

Roger Perry
08-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey, Rog, I think the subject matter is about Michelle being in Spain with her daughter and her friends.

Try to stay focused and on topic!!

I know your hatred just takes over, but.........

RK

I thought the topic was expensive vacations paid for by the tax payers. :confused:

ducknwork
08-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I thought the topic was expensive vacations paid for by the tax payers. :confused:

You are so full of it that your eyes are probably a deep, dark brown. If they are even visible anymore...

dnf777
08-05-2010, 02:36 PM
We could spend all day going back and forth on vacation times, AirForceOne usage, Secret service costs...etc....between Obama and Bush, or any other elected official at the national level, but we would end up getting nowhere.

We should all realize that the POTUS is a member of the elite, and as such, will travel in style, first class, with ample protection and pomp. No matter if they're a republican, democrat, or independent. As Bruce Hornsby said......Its just the way it is.

david gibson
08-05-2010, 02:41 PM
We could spend all day going back and forth on vacation times, AirForceOne usage, Secret service costs...etc....between Obama and Bush, or any other elected official at the national level, but we would end up getting nowhere.

We should all realize that the POTUS is a member of the elite, and as such, will travel in style, first class, with ample protection and pomp. No matter if they're a republican, democrat, or independent. As Bruce Hornsby said......Its just the way it is.

no one is arguing that. the point is his wife gallivanting off to Europe on her own with an entourage that would make a rap star pimp proud. oh wait, thats pretty much what this potus is. or was.

the point is the president tells us we are in tough times and need to tighten our belt and they dont lead by example. he tells people to vacation on the gulf coast and he goes to maine. probably smart move, he knows where is (not) wanted.

when did laura bush do anything this extravagant?

but what do i know, i never bring up any points worth your discussion anyway......:rolleyes:

ducknwork
08-05-2010, 02:42 PM

So when things are screwed up, we just accept them the way they are instead of trying to make them right. What's next?

Lots of people smoke pot. Instead of crackdowns, let's just legalize it.

Lots of mexicans are crossing the border. Instead of enforcing the law, let's just open all of our borders and grant amnesty to the illegals here already.

Lots of politicians have wasted our tax dollars, to the point of deficit. Instead of spending responsibly, let's just pay more taxes.

Hmmmm. What else can we fix while we're at it?

Lots of people don't like getting up and going to work everyday. Instead of sucking it up and doing it anyway, let's just pay everyone to stay home.

Lots of people get charged with DUIs. Instead of putting them in jail, because we know there are many repeat offenders, let's just legalize it.

You know what, there are too many murderers in prison and prisons are over populated. What if we don't put murderers in prison until their second offense?

Anybody else have any good ideas?

YardleyLabs
08-05-2010, 03:07 PM
no one is arguing that. the point is his wife gallivanting off to Europe on her own with an entourage that would make a rap star pimp proud. oh wait, thats pretty much what this potus is. or was.

the point is the president tells us we are in tough times and need to tighten our belt and they dont lead by example. he tells people to vacation on the gulf coast and he goes to maine. probably smart move, he knows where is (not) wanted.

when did laura bush do anything this extravagant?

but what do i know, i never bring up any points worth your discussion anyway......:rolleyes:How about May, 2002 (16 months into a new Presidency and in the middle of a recession), with a trip to Paris, Budapest and Prague with Jenna and the normal contingent of folk that surround the first lady no matter what she does.

dnf777
08-05-2010, 03:13 PM
So when things are screwed up, we just accept them the way they are instead of trying to make them right. What's next?

Lots of people smoke pot. Instead of crackdowns, let's just legalize it.

Lots of mexicans are crossing the border. Instead of enforcing the law, let's just open all of our borders and grant amnesty to the illegals here already.

Lots of politicians have wasted our tax dollars, to the point of deficit. Instead of spending responsibly, let's just pay more taxes.

Hmmmm. What else can we fix while we're at it?

Lots of people don't like getting up and going to work everyday. Instead of sucking it up and doing it anyway, let's just pay everyone to stay home.

Lots of people get charged with DUIs. Instead of putting them in jail, because we know there are many repeat offenders, let's just legalize it.

You know what, there are too many murderers in prison and prisons are over populated. What if we don't put murderers in prison until their second offense?

Anybody else have any good ideas?

Sorry you feel that way Duck. I disagree with all those points, well, except maybe the marijuana part. Doesn't affect me, but I don't see the harm in it.

DG, I don't mean to pit bush vs obama when it comes to extravagance, and lack of sacrafice. I even said we would get nowhere by doing so.

In all honesty, do you really think bush, clinton, obama, cheney, biden.....pick your name.....ever sacrafice personal wealth or comfort for the good of the US? I hear talk about sacrafice, but don't see many, except for the deductions column on my paystubs. I'm sure you feel those too.

My point was, when politicians say "we need to make sacrafices", what they mean is YOU and ME need to (and will) make sacrafices.

road kill
08-05-2010, 04:17 PM

When did Michelle and the kids get elected to national office???:D

RK

dnf777
08-05-2010, 04:41 PM
When did Michelle and the kids get elected to national office???:D

RK

When Barak did. They're the first family, and receive most of the same trappings.
I'll bet their dog eats better than most middle class people in this country, too.

And if they had a cat, I bet it wouldn't have to pleasure itself with no stinkin' thermometer! :confused:

precisionlabradors
08-05-2010, 05:04 PM
and just to be honest, dead dead honest, i think i would enjoy the same benefits. i think most would on here too. it's just fun to be mad and hate the ex rap pimp.
________
BMW 8 SERIES HISTORY (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_8_Series)

M&K's Retrievers
08-05-2010, 05:36 PM
When Barak did. They're the first family, and receive most of the same trappings.
I'll bet their dog eats better than most middle class people in this country, too.

And if they had a cat, I bet it wouldn't have to pleasure itself with no stinkin' thermometer! :confused:

When did we get on a first name basis with POTUS and why would you want to be?

david gibson
08-05-2010, 06:02 PM
When did we get on a first name basis with POTUS and why would you want to be?

dave is just excited about the cat and thermometer thing. why does he keep bringing it up?

road kill
08-05-2010, 06:21 PM

No.....they would have Yardley do it!!!!:shock:

RK

Buzz
08-08-2010, 02:58 AM
Looks like the story that David posted is bullcrap.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/08/us/politics/08vacation.html?_r=1&ref=politics

Boy, that's a surprise.:rolleyes:

Privately, officials note that the first lady is paying for her own room, food and transportation, and the friends she brought will pay for theirs as well. The government pays for security, and the Secret Service, not the first lady, determines what is needed.

Officials said some reports of the trip had been exaggerated. Mrs. Obama is not traveling with 40 friends, one official said, but with two friends and four of their daughters, as well as a couple of aides and a couple of advance staff members. The staff is with her because she will pay a courtesy call on King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofía on the island of Majorca on Sunday before flying home to Washington.

Gerry Clinchy
08-08-2010, 12:44 PM
An equally large issue is that whatever money is being spent is not being spent in the U.S. ... many areas of which could use that "stimulus".

I don't buy into the view that she has to do this now when her daughter is young enough to want to go places with her mother (and that when daughters get older they won't want to do things with their parents). I'm pretty sure that Mr. & Mrs. O will have plenty of $ left to let their daughters go globetrotting at any age ... with or without mom and dad tagging along.

depittydawg
08-08-2010, 01:12 PM

For many, the questions seem to be rooted more in race than economics. Perhaps it's just the card the Republican propagandists are playing, but the racial overtones to the Obama's are there for anyone to see since he crushed McCain in the election. Is the outrage that the American first lady is acting like all other first ladies before her? Or is it the fact that a black woman is now on the world stage representing Ameica's first family, wearing white gowns, and dining with Kings and Queens?

road kill
08-08-2010, 01:31 PM
For many, the questions seem to be rooted more in race than economics. Perhaps it's just the card the Republican propagandists are playing, but the racial overtones to the Obama's are there for anyone to see since he crushed McCain in the election. Is the outrage that the American first lady is acting like all other first ladies before her? Or is it the fact that a black woman is now on the world stage representing Ameica's first family, wearing white gowns, and dining with Kings and Queens?

Road Kill calls BULLSHIT!!!
Provide a link that tells you why I don't like Obama.
Connect it to race........

You can't, hence my call.

Can I get a witness??

RK

road kill
08-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Here is the issue, you should read before you post.
Just because you overheard the BIG kids talking about something at recess doesn't make it real.

"Lavish Obama vacation in time of economic turmoil raises eyebrows
First lady Michelle Obama is on a five-day trip to a luxury resort along with a handful of friends, her younger daughter, Sasha, aides and Secret Service personnel.

By Peter Nicholas and Katherine Skiba

Tribune Washington bureau

Related
WASHINGTON — As the U.S. economy endures high unemployment and a jittery stock market, President Obama has preached sacrifice and fiscal discipline. But the pictures coming out of a sunsplashed Spanish resort this week may be sending a different message.

First lady Michelle Obama is on a five-day trip to a luxury resort along with a handful of friends, her younger daughter, Sasha, aides and Secret Service personnel. Her office said the first family will pay for personal expenses, but declined to reveal the taxpayer cost for the government employees. The president stayed home in the United States, as did daughter Malia, 12, who is at camp.

The trip provided plenty of fodder for television news shows, talk-show hosts and bloggers.

Critics portrayed the foreign getaway as tone deaf to the economic anxiety back home. Earlier in the week, the first lady was photographed walking through the streets of the Costa del Sol region wearing a one-shouldered Jean Paul Gaultier top.

Every first family takes vacations. The criticism aimed at Michelle Obama is that she chose to visit a foreign country rather than remain in the United States and support its fragile economy."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2012557439_mobama07.html

__________________________________________________ _______

RK

depittydawg
08-08-2010, 02:28 PM

Can I get a witness??

RK

Now that we know you can pronounce and shout a 7 letter word, that certainly makes you credible, doesn't it. First off, the reference to racism was not directed to YOU or any other individual. It was a comment referencing the 'collective' response to the first Black President of the US. The example of this thread, that the first lady is ignoring america's needs by doing exactly the same thing every other First lady has done during every other recession the country has faced is a case in point.

This is one of MANY allegations, actually direct attacks against the Obama's. Much more so than any other President in my lifetime, probably in history. Although, I do also remember a constant and consistent attack of the Clinton's where they were in the White House.
Hence, what is at the root of the continuous assault on a personal level of the Obama's? Racism, is a fact of life in America. Period. To suggest that it is NOT at the root of many of the attacks against this President and his family is denying the obvious.
I have no idea if you are a racist. I could care less. It was not the intent of the post to accuse any individual of being racist. We can predict very accurately the number of people who will be killed this month in auto accidents. We can not, predict which people they will be.
It is a fact that there are MILLIONS of American's who despise the fact that a Black Woman is now parading the country representing them. Are they going to come out and say that? Of course not. But they will do and say anything, including lies and distortions, to undermine this President, his family, and anything associated with them. Have you ever in your lifetime heard so many lies repeated over and over about a President of the United States as have occurred in the last year and a half? I haven't. Again, the simple question; How much of that rooted in racism?

road kill
08-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Now that we know you can pronounce and shout a 7 letter word, that certainly makes you credible, doesn't it. First off, the reference to racism was not directed to YOU or any other individual. It was a comment referencing the 'collective' response to the first Black President of the US. The example of this thread, that the first lady is ignoring america's needs by doing exactly the same thing every other First lady has done during every other recession the country has faced is a case in point.

This is one of MANY allegations, actually direct attacks against the Obama's. Much more so than any other President in my lifetime, probably in history. Although, I do also remember a constant and consistent attack of the Clinton's where they were in the White House.
Hence, what is at the root of the continuous assault on a personal level of the Obama's? Racism, is a fact of life in America. Period. To suggest that it is NOT at the root of many of the attacks against this President and his family is denying the obvious.
I have no idea if you are a racist. I could care less. It was not the intent of the post to accuse any individual of being racist. We can predict very accurately the number of people who will be killed this month in auto accidents. We can not, predict which people they will be.
It is a fact that there are MILLIONS of American's who despise the fact that a Black Woman is now parading the country representing them. Are they going to come out and say that? Of course not. But they will do and say anything, including lies and distortions, to undermine this President, his family, and anything associated with them. Have you ever in your lifetime heard so many lies repeated over and over about a President of the United States as have occurred in the last year and a half? I haven't. Again, the simple question; How much of that rooted in racism?

Yeah, your sides hatred for George Bush.
It's displayed here daily, a year and a half after he is gone.

BTW-Attack my crdibility all you want, I'll stack against yours any day.

Wanna do a poll?

RK

(stan bullock, name not hidden)

Clint Watts
08-10-2010, 09:54 PM

Can I get a witness??

RK

You have a witness, what does race have to do with this topic? Race baiters are dispicable. Why do they see race when no one else does? I do believe it is called guilt for their own thoughts. Those who cry racism (when none is present) are the true racists.

depittydawg
08-10-2010, 10:02 PM
[QUOTE=Clint Watts;658566]You have a witness, what does race have to do with this topic? Race baiters are dispicable. Why do they see race when no one else does? I do believe it is called guilt for their own thoughts. Those who cry racism (when none is present) are the true racists.[/QUOT

Those who call "BULLSHIT" at the mention of racism in America are most likely are feeding their own self denial. Do you deny racisim exists in America? Yes or no will do.

Clint Watts
08-10-2010, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=Clint Watts;658566]You have a witness, what does race have to do with this topic? Race baiters are dispicable. Why do they see race when no one else does? I do believe it is called guilt for their own thoughts. Those who cry racism (when none is present) are the true racists.[/QUOT

Those who call "BULLSHIT" at the mention of racism in America are most likely are feeding their own self denial. Do you deny racisim exists in America? Yes or no will do.

You see what is in your heart and it blinds you. The 'BULLSHIT' was you bringing up racism in a post where there was none. No one denied racism in America, and no one else but you claims to see it in this post. Remember, you see what is in your heart. Misery loves company, please try and keep your guilt to yourself.

depittydawg
08-10-2010, 10:22 PM
You have a witness, what does race have to do with this topic? Race baiters are dispicable. Why do they see race when no one else does? I do believe it is called guilt for their own thoughts. Those who cry racism (when none is present) are the true racists.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/28/race-based-protests-direc_n_271129.html
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Conservative+Free+Republic+blog+free+speech+flap+a fter+racial+slurs+directed+Obama+children/1782375/story.html
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6836592.ece
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/09/obama.reid/index.html
http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/
http://www.google.com/#q=racist+remarks+about+Obama&hl=en&prmd=v&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=HQdiTOrGCYLUtQPe9ZyiCA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CC4QqwQwAw&fp=5c09f568daf02428
http://keenetrial.com/blog/2010/07/07/is-racial-bias-fueling-anti-obama-rhetoric/
http://www.oliverwillis.com/2009/07/12/conservative-free-republic-posts-racial-slurs-about-obama-kids/
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500486_162-2761854-500486.html

Any more questions? Go to the back of the bus!

depittydawg
08-10-2010, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=depittydawg;658569]

You see what is in your heart and it blinds you. The 'BULLSHIT' was you bringing up racism in a post where there was none. No one denied racism in America, and no one else but you claims to see it in this post. Remember, you see what is in your heart. Misery loves company, please try and keep your guilt to yourself.

I beg to differ. Racism is rampant on this website. At times it's subtle, at times inherent and at times explicit. That's one reason I seldom surf the trash posted around here anymore. You've got a small click of diehard extremists around here who trash talk, lie, post known falsehoods, and flip a cork whenever they're called down for it. These folks play a little group think game and feed off each others support to the exclusion of some of the actual truth that DNF, Yardley and others try to present to you at times.
So Now you and RK want to trash talk me for having the audacity to suggest that Racism may lie at the root of some of the criticism aimed at the Black President and his family... You try to twist that into a suggestion that I"m racisit? Uh Huh. Well let me save you the trouble. Like just about everyone, yes, I have some racial bias that has become part of my sub conscious process'. I acknowledge that. As such, I can come to terms with it and control it. Now you, or anyone who is in denial of the prejudices that have come from a lifetime of experience, be careful, you can fall easy prey to the nonsense you see daily that is designed to feed off your racial fears, prejudices, and misgivings.
Play the denial game, or come to grips with it. It's your choice.

Buzz
08-10-2010, 11:13 PM
An equally large issue is that whatever money is being spent is not being spent in the U.S. ... many areas of which could use that "stimulus".

I don't buy into the view that she has to do this now when her daughter is young enough to want to go places with her mother (and that when daughters get older they won't want to do things with their parents). I'm pretty sure that Mr. & Mrs. O will have plenty of $ left to let their daughters go globetrotting at any age ... with or without mom and dad tagging along.

How many times have you seen people put off things till later, and later they can't do them because of health, or God forbid, they are no longer with us?

Hew
08-10-2010, 11:19 PM
For many, the questions seem to be rooted more in race than economics.
Exactly....thus explaining why Obama's approval rating among blacks has remained unchanged since the day he was sworn in. You're right. It is a racial issue.

JDogger
08-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Exactly....thus explaining why Obama's approval rating among blacks has remained unchanged since the day he was sworn in. You're right. It is a racial issue.

Wow, you're right!

John talks smack. It is racial. Of course it is. Always has been.

Ya don't need to be a chicken, to know what an egg is regards,

JD

M&K's Retrievers
08-11-2010, 12:34 AM

You brought it up. Remember, the fox smells his own hole first.

Julie R.
08-14-2010, 09:50 PM

Grow up and learn to critique opinions you don't like using something else besides that shopworn race card. Perhaps the fact that the internet now provides both podium and audience for even the dumbest of our population has more to do with all the criticism of the current POTUS? Ya think? While some of the critical may indeed be racially motivated, the majority most certainly isn't. All these internet experts--hell we have our own shop of em right here--got warmed up during Bush 2 and since he's gone now (except for in Roger's man-love dreams), the current POTUS has become the target.

see above. Even you can get an audience these days.

depittydawg
08-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Grow up and learn to critique opinions you don't like using something else besides that shopworn race card. Perhaps the fact that the internet now provides both podium and audience for even the dumbest of our population has more to do with all the criticism of the current POTUS? Ya think? While some of the critical may indeed be racially motivated, the majority most certainly isn't. All these internet experts--hell we have our own shop of em right here--got warmed up during Bush 2 and since he's gone now (except for in Roger's man-love dreams), the current POTUS has become the target.

see above. Even you can get an audience these days.

Well apparently I still have your attention...