PDA

View Full Version : good news for some!

david gibson
08-05-2010, 08:04 PM
i will be out on an extended sojourn - 50% work and 50% play - Ruidoso NM, the Columbia River along the OR/WA border (any border crossing issues there just let me know - i bring expert advise! ) then Post Falls ID area and finally 5 days in Glacier NP to close out the period. maybe you will get lucky and i mite get aten by a grizzle bar! lord knows i will be looking for them, i love them critters........

carry on guys, i will have intermittent internet access but first comes my geology and photo business, any time left over will be spent straightening out the folks stricken by pedophilia and bestiality.......lord please keep that to a minimum......

M&K's Retrievers
08-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Your not going to Frost Bite Falls?

YardleyLabs
08-05-2010, 08:15 PM
i will be out on an extended sojourn - 50% work and 50% play - Ruidoso NM, the Columbia River along the OR/WA border (any border crossing issues there just let me know - i bring expert advise! ) then Post Falls ID area and finally 5 days in Glacier NP to close out the period. maybe you will get lucky and i mite get aten by a grizzle bar! lord knows i will be looking for them, i love them critters........

carry on guys, i will have intermittent internet access but first comes my geology and photo business, any time left over will be spent straightening out the folks stricken by pedophilia and bestiality.......lord please keep that to a minimum......
Enjoy your trip. If you want, I can send you a thermometer and you can try the same trick on a grizzly.:D

david gibson
08-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Your not going to Frost Bite Falls?

in august? frost bite? ;-)

david gibson
08-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Enjoy your trip. If you want, I can send you a thermometer and you can try the same trick on a grizzly.:D

no thanks, with 3 black/grizzly bear encounters at 20 ft or less under my belt, i'm good. i am not out to "count coup" like timothy treadwell. sometimes it just happens, but i prefer the 50-yrd viewings thank you.

JDogger
08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
no thanks, with 3 black/grizzly bear encounters at 20 ft or less under my belt, i'm good. i am not out to "count coup" like timothy treadwell. sometimes it just happens, but i prefer the 50-yrd viewings thank you.

Good luck on your trip, Gibson. I don't like you, but I like your photography.

As one poster (I don't remember who, said);

"Sometimes ya eat the bear."

"Sometimes the bear eats you."

A. Davy Crockett?

B. Daniel Boone?

c. A stranger at the bar?

May your time in the country help to mellow you. You have rare priviledge.

JD

dnf777
08-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Riudoso is one beautiful spot on earth.
Used to run up there for weekends from Ft. Bliss.

Don't worry about the bears....one bite of you, and I'm sure they'd spit you out.

Take care and be safe.

M&K's Retrievers
08-05-2010, 11:20 PM
in august? frost bite? ;-)

Never heard of Frost Bite Falls? It's the home of Rocket J. Squirrel and Bullwinkle Moose.:D

david gibson
08-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Good luck on your trip, Gibson. I don't like you, but I like your photography.

As one poster (I don't remember who, said);

"Sometimes ya eat the bear."

"Sometimes the bear eats you."

A. Davy Crockett?

B. Daniel Boone?

c. A stranger at the bar?

May your time in the country help to mellow you. You have rare priviledge.

JD

um, thanks.....i think.

funny, after all the crap you guys pin on me, i would never say anything like that and mean it if i never met you in person. heck, i even offered to throw birds for dippity when up that way. sounds like a good way to break the ice and meet some real blood and laugh a little at the spittle spewed over the keyboards. he didnt even have the cajones to decline in person, just ignored the offer. twice.

there are many RTF'ers that know me in person and have laughed and had a beer and tossed birds for each. most are local but have met them from other states far from here as well. taken pics of their dogs and discussed the merits of tests in the gallery. some are even judges. saw a few this past weekend at a dockdogs event as a matter of fact. funny - they didnt run from me like i had cooties - quite the opposite - they saw me, my camera, then approached me asking if i was me, then we laughed at the people we know and love on rtf (gooser always gets some gaffes). if i was such a horrible person i would think they would at least ignore if not head to the other side of the gallery. sad some of you take this so serious. yeah i get emotional like a lot of you and maybe more than most, but i would never hesitate to shake any of your hands in real life. never.

"i hate liberals" yeah, i say it all the time. and i mean it in a rhetorical sense. i have liberals in my family and circle of friends that i know going back to 2nd grade. do you really think i hate them as a person in my life? lighten up.

and yet some of you hold that against me.

whatever. at least i know how some of you really feel. sniff sniff. got all 50 states under my belt and heading out to add some extra notches for a few, and discover Glacier where i have never been before. but not til sat am early.....

david gibson
08-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Never heard of Frost Bite Falls? It's the home of Rocket J. Squirrel and Bullwinkle Moose.:D

ahhhhh - i forgot all about that! as a kid i could only dream of the west and the mountains.

"no doubt about it, i gotta get another hat" regards

JDogger
08-06-2010, 12:01 AM
um, thanks.....i think.

funny, after all the crap you guys pin on me, i would never say anything like that and mean it if i never met you in person. heck, i even offered to throw birds for dippity when up that way. sounds like a good way to break the ice and meet some real blood and laugh a little at the spittle spewed over the keyboards. he didnt even have the cajones to decline in person, just ignored the offer. twice.

there are many RTF'ers that know me in person and have laughed and had a beer and tossed birds for each. most are local but have met them from other states far from here as well. taken pics of their dogs and discussed the merits of tests in the gallery. some are even judges. saw a few this past weekend at a dockdogs event as a matter of fact. funny - they didnt run from me like i had cooties - quite the opposite - they saw me, my camera, then approached me asking if i was me, then we laughed at the people we know and love on rtf (gooser always gets some gaffes). if i was such a horrible person i would think they would at least ignore if not head to the other side of the gallery. sad some of you take this so serious. yeah i get emotional like a lot of you and maybe more than most, but i would never hesitate to shake any of your hands in real life. never.

"i hate liberals" yeah, i say it all the time. and i mean it in a rhetorical sense. i have liberals in my family and circle of friends that i know going back to 2nd grade. do you really think i hate them as a person in my life? lighten up.

and yet some of you hold that against me.

whatever. at least i know how some of you really feel. sniff sniff. got all 50 states under my belt and heading out to add some extra notches for a few, and discover Glacier where i have never been before. but not til sat , lad to throe and be am early.....

Good post David. If your travels bring you to NM I'm not that hard to find. I would shake your hand and throw a few birds for you as well. G'night.

JD

Nor_Cal_Angler
08-06-2010, 01:55 AM
David,

Wa/Ore...by way of NM...hmmmmm if by car/truck and you head through Cali...up I5 to Portland....then to turn east...look me up...I got a place for you to hang your hat if you need a night or two to rest up....

Pittsburg is right on the SF BAY Delta system just east of Oakland and a bit west of I5...

If your driving, and take 10west through AZ I have family in Tempe as well that you can pull over to stay with....then on to S. CAL to I5 and up north...you would pass right by me...

it is a nice break point...tempe to my door is a 10.5 hr drive and Portland is about 10 hrs...

Just throwing it out there...as I would for any of ya...but especially for you...you gun toting, minority bashing, criminal killing, illegal alien hater!!!!!!!!!!! and I am sure the list goes on!!!!;-);-);-)

NCA...Jake

dnf777
08-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Dave,
When you get there, post your address. I want to send you the new "Babes of the Supreme Court" pin-up calendar, so you don't lose track of time!

(and you thought we didn't care...)

david gibson
08-06-2010, 09:18 AM
David,

Wa/Ore...by way of NM...hmmmmm if by car/truck and you head through Cali...up I5 to Portland....then to turn east...look me up...I got a place for you to hang your hat if you need a night or two to rest up....

Pittsburg is right on the SF BAY Delta system just east of Oakland and a bit west of I5...

If your driving, and take 10west through AZ I have family in Tempe as well that you can pull over to stay with....then on to S. CAL to I5 and up north...you would pass right by me...

it is a nice break point...tempe to my door is a 10.5 hr drive and Portland is about 10 hrs...

Just throwing it out there...as I would for any of ya...but especially for you...you gun toting, minority bashing, criminal killing, illegal alien hater!!!!!!!!!!! and I am sure the list goes on!!!!;-);-);-)

NCA...Jake

the ruidoso trip is a out and back drive, then by air next day to portland then east. staying in hermiston, work each day near arlington. back for a short weekend then fly in to spokane, drive to arlington and back to post falls, then glacier. kinda crazy but couldnt arrange any better. wish i was driving the whole trip, havent seen northern california. i do have a short trip to frisco in november.

road kill
08-06-2010, 09:23 AM
the ruidoso trip is a out and back drive, then by air next day to portland then east. staying in hermiston, work each day near arlington. back for a short weekend then fly in to spokane, drive to arlington and back to post falls, then glacier. kinda crazy but couldnt arrange any better. wish i was driving the whole trip, havent seen northern california. i do have a short trip to frisco in november.

You should be doin' the whole trip on a bagger!!
(plenty of cargo space)
Think of how up close and personal you could get with the grizzlys then.
The down side is if you hit one, after he messes you up, he eats you!!!!!!!!:shock:

RK

ducknwork
08-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Have a blast up there!

Don't have too much fun in the wilderness and end up like this guy!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

david gibson
08-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Have a blast up there!

Don't have too much fun in the wilderness and end up like this guy!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

was he licking frogs or dropping acid????