PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann Gets The Boot...

M&K's Retrievers
08-05-2010, 11:45 PM
From Sunday Night Football. Now if they could only get rid of his sidekick Dan Patrick.

dnf777
08-06-2010, 05:12 AM
Hmmm....who's gonna replace him? Chris Matthews? Rachel Maddow?

Careful what you wish for!!!

subroc
08-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Hmmm....who's gonna replace him?...

who cares...

...Chris Matthews? Rachel Maddow?...

does it have to be a left wing media extremeist?

can it be, oh I don't know, maybe someone that brings some football or sports background?

dnf777
08-06-2010, 06:40 AM
who cares...

can it be, oh I don't know, maybe someone that brings some football or sports background?

How 'bout Dennis Miller? He was a hit on MNF, remember?

Leddyman
08-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Guess that E-mail I fired off to the network worked. Said I'm not watching anymore until you get rid of that Idiot Olbermann. I'm not watching him tear down half the country every night and then see him pretend to know about football.

Now to get a missive off to MSNBC and finish him off.

Didn't know I had that much clout regards,

I get to enjoy Sunday Night Football again!

BonMallari
08-07-2010, 04:01 AM
who cares...

Believe it or not Olbermann started as our local sports anchor for KCBS in Los Angeles before he got his ESPN gig..I still scratch my head in amazement that he does political commentary on MSNBC...:rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
08-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Believe it or not Olbermann started as our local sports anchor for KCBS in Los Angeles before he got his ESPN gig..I still scratch my head in amazement that he does political commentary on MSNBC...:rolleyes:

So,I think, do a lot of others.

Buzz
08-07-2010, 02:21 PM

I thought he was a long time sportscaster in NYC before ESPN too.

I never much enjoyed listening to Dennis Miller pretend to know anything about football either.

dnf777
08-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I thought he was a long time sportscaster in NYC before ESPN too.

I never much enjoyed listening to Dennis Miller pretend to know anything about football either.

Bring John Madden out of retirement! A few Turduckens oughta do it.

M&K's Retrievers
01-21-2011, 10:15 PM
KO gets the boot again. Oh, I'm sorry, he quit. Didn't he?:rolleyes:

Steve Hester
01-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Olberman has to be the biggest arsehole on television.

dixidawg
01-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Reports say both his regular viewers are upset.

achiro
01-22-2011, 08:35 AM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the buyout of NBC?

dnf777
01-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Olberman has to be the biggest arsehole on television.

He'll fit right in at Fox!

M&K's Retrievers
01-22-2011, 08:55 AM
He may be done.

Burning bridges regards,

huntinman
01-22-2011, 09:18 AM
May be able to get on the Oprah network. Although with their ratings hurting, they might not want to take another hit.

Steve Hester
01-22-2011, 09:39 AM
He'll fit right in at Fox!

I think NOT.

sinner
01-22-2011, 10:38 AM
We could recycle Rush! He was absolutely marvelous!

v ricci
01-22-2011, 11:08 AM
might be heading to mad dog (sports talk) sirius radio. they've been talking about it all morning.

Buzz
01-22-2011, 12:19 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the buyout of NBC?

A rumor I saw is that he'l be back in the seat next to Dan Patrick at a Comcast owned station called Versus that will be rebranded NBC Sportschannel. I'd think that Olbermann would like to take a shot at going up against ESPN.

huntinman
01-22-2011, 12:42 PM
A rumor I saw is that he'l be back in the seat next to Dan Patrick at a Comcast owned station called Versus that will be rebranded NBC Sportschannel. I'd think that Olbermann would like to take a shot at going up against ESPN.

Must like getting his a$$ kicked

Marvin S
01-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Never watched him, except on ESPN, just like I have never listened much to any talk radio. But the media are giving him credit for reviving MSNBC, which has to be a feather in anyone's cap. While I didn't agree with what was reported to have been said by him, I admire his "I don't care if you fire me attitude", the world would be better off if more followed that philosophy.

The part I also like in the pressers was that Brokaw & Brian were unhappy with his partisanship, LMAO - the look on Brian's face when R's win is a sight to behold, non partisan my a#*.

But he'll turn up somewhere & the libs will have a spokesperson to their liking.

BTW, dback, I also see in the pressers that one of the three partisan's he donated to was that moderate AZ congresscritter that is going to TX for rehab. Now why would KO donate to a moderate?????????????

I would also note that I believe him more credible than the babes roaming the sidelines masquerading as reporters.

huntinman
01-22-2011, 02:53 PM
I would also note that I believe him more credible than the babes roaming the sidelines masquerading as reporters.

Yeah, but I would rather watch them any day than that Jackwagon!

Buzz
01-22-2011, 02:59 PM
More on what Comcast plans to do with Versus and The Golf Channel.

With NBC, Comcast Zeros in on ESPN

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/02/business/media/02sandomir.html?_r=2