PDA

View Full Version : Doc gets courts-martialed

dnf777
08-06-2010, 04:57 AM
This is certainly sticking to one's beliefs, but the military is not the place for civil disobedience! They don't tolerate such demonstrations very well, nor should they.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/06/birther.court.martial/index.html?hpt=T2

The "short version":

A court hearing is scheduled for Friday in the case of a soldier who has refused to deploy to Afghanistan until President Obama proves that he was born in America and is legally eligible to be president.

lizard55033
08-06-2010, 09:02 AM
What a way to piss away your 18 year military career; on simple In-subordination.

Not sure he'll get court martialed; but he probably will be demotted and still sent to afganistan

road kill
08-06-2010, 09:04 AM
This is certainly sticking to one's beliefs, but the military is not the place for civil disobedience! They don't tolerate such demonstrations very well, nor should they.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/06/birther.court.martial/index.html?hpt=T2

The "short version":

A court hearing is scheduled for Friday in the case of a soldier who has refused to deploy to Afghanistan until President Obama proves that he was born in America and is legally eligible to be president.

Missing a movement is a serious offense.

You get orders, you obey them.
That's the way it works, it's not a democracy.

RK

dnf777
08-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Missing a movement is a serious offense.

You get orders, you obey them.
That's the way it works, it's not a democracy.

RK

Yeah, unlike civilian laws, the UCMJ is pretty clear on that one.

He effed up.

road kill
08-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, unlike civilian laws, the UCMJ is pretty clear on that one.

He effed up.

Not only that, but his argument is lame.

RK

BonMallari
08-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Sounds to me like the man lost his nerve and used a very flimsy excuse to try and get out of deployment..I wonder what excuse he would have used if someone else was in office...

Army brat regards

Eric Johnson
08-06-2010, 12:35 PM
I'd love to sit on the Court for this.

I'm a pretty hardliner on this. You can make a lot of mistakes and I'll forgive them. However, this action goes to the very core of "officership." If he'd truly had the courage of his convictions, he would have resigned his commission and then protested. By remaining on active duty and protesting, he's forgotten all of his War College lessons in leadership. Sadly, the enlisted troops, who are subject to more repressive punishments than he, will see this guy and may follow his lead.

The Army should convict him, give him as short as sentence as allowed and then dismiss him. (Unfortunately, as an officer he can't receive a BCD or a DD.) Then they should coordinate with the DEA so that he doesn't have prescribing rights and with the state licensure board to permanently remove his license. Let him sweep streets.

Eric