PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Retriever Field Trial Club 2010 Qualifier & Derby

David Witt
08-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Will this event be held this year? Entry Express lists this as "Not finalized" with the entry cut-off date of 8/11.

Any news would be appreciated.

mostlygold
08-07-2010, 07:16 PM
As far as I know (from what I heard at Colonial's O/H Qual yesterday), this event has been cancelled.

Regards
Dawn

YardleyLabs
08-07-2010, 08:04 PM
As far as I know (from what I heard at Colonial's O/H Qual yesterday), this event has been cancelled.

Regards
Dawn
I believe it is the August D/Q that was canceled because the state land in Newburg was not available (Westchester is still on). The Long Island O/H Q and hunt test simply shows as not finalized, not canceled.

Peconic Baypeakes
08-08-2010, 11:44 AM
The Long Island Field Trial Club will not be holding the DQ on August 21st as the DEC only will allow 2 dog clubs per day on the grounds. When I called in June after running my first FT in May, I was told that there were already 2 dog clubs using the land that day and that they would not allow 3 so we were unable to obtain the property for our event. My apologies for any inconvience this may have causes as I am still figuring out EE.

We will be having our September event in Manorville, NY the Owner/Handler Qualifier with Master, Senior and Junior Hunt test. It is not finalized as of yet due to needing a few more judges but will be up and running soon :D

We will be having our October event Fall FT in Winslow, NJ. I have all the judges names just have to enter the correct spelling on the last judge and that event to will be up and running. Standard rosettes and placement plaques for 1-4 will be given in all stakes and those that placed 1-4 in our 2010 spring FT will be recieving their placement plaques in the mail shortly.

My apologies for any confusion our august event may have caused. Hopefully we will see you all at our september and october events:D

Katherine K Wilson :)

mostlygold
08-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks Jeff for making my post clearer. I assumed (wrongly) that the OP was inquiring about the D/Q event coming up in 2 weeks.

regards
dawn