PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous.

ducknwork
08-09-2010, 07:11 AM
But I guess things like this are to be expected from the O administration.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100809/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill_hurricane_plan_3

YardleyLabs
08-09-2010, 08:15 AM
I think this falls into the category of "Let's assume the worst might happen and then blame the administration as if it already had."

If testing were not done, the next headline would be about how stupid the administration was for failing to do the one thing that would allow damages to be collected. There is no excuse not to test the oil to prove its source. There is also no reason that such testing needs to delay anything. You collect the samples, label them, and send them for testing. Once they are collected, there is no reason to wait for results to be processed before proceeding with cleanup.

Response plans are not written by the White House. In fact, they are often written by outside contractors to take advantage of the "best" talent available. Of course, that is how we get oil company plans that are copied from outdated plans from Alaska and include calling on experts who are dead (Of course, we'll blame to government bureaucrats who failed to catch these errors rather than the companies that authored them.).

Plans incorporate lots of detail -- usually too much. The fact is that good plans identify key points that need to be remembered in the midst of chaos, but assume that intelligent people will do what needs to be done when the emergency arises. However, it is always more fun to assume the worst would happen and that everyone might prove to be stupid. That way we can call everyone stupid now without having to wait for them to prove it.

One of the hardest things for me to learn about working with my own dogs (and my kids before them) is to give the dog a chance to make her own decisions - good or bad - and then react to what she actually does rather than what she might have done. The alternative is a dog that is afraid to do anything. Personally, I would rather see plans that had a lot less detail. If instruction is needed, make that part of a separate reference piece, but never try to make the plan perfect or complete. A complete and perfect plan is too long to read when it is needed and prevents people from acting for fear of what they might do wrong.

dnf777
08-09-2010, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=YardleyLabs;657589]If testing were not done, the next headline would be about how stupid the administration was for failing to do the one thing that would allow damages to be collected.

Exactly. Instead of just hearing more "nay-saying", I'd like to hear what the opposition/obstruction party would do? How bout we put Brownie in charge again?

I think some conservative think-tanker propagandist combed through policy (which there is too much of, I agree) and found this little twist to expoit.

When crime is committed, do the police stop law enforcement until the perp is positively identified? No, you collect evidence and let the lab work while you keep doing your job to protect the public. If anyone can't see that, its because they don't want to, and would rather play politics.

Got anything NEW for us Duck?

road kill
08-09-2010, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=YardleyLabs;657589]If testing were not done, the next headline would be about how stupid the administration was for failing to do the one thing that would allow damages to be collected.

Exactly. Instead of just hearing more "nay-saying", I'd like to hear what the opposition/obstruction party would do? How bout we put Brownie in charge again?

I think some conservative think-tanker propagandist combed through policy (which there is too much of, I agree) and found this little twist to expoit.

When crime is committed, do the police stop law enforcement until the perp is positively identified? No, you collect evidence and let the lab work while you keep doing your job to protect the public. If anyone can't see that, its because they don't want to, and would rather play politics.

Is that your "independent middle of the road" opinion?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!:D

RK

Hew
08-09-2010, 09:10 AM
LMAO. POTUS Place has its very own Rapid Response Team in place to respond to any criticism of the Obama Admin. with spun "facts" (like Yardley's claim that testing won't hold up cleaning when the article says that the plan dictates that cleaning can't occur until the test results are available) or absurd deflection (like DNF's claim that some right wing blog cabal pulls the strings for the Associated Press).

That portion of the plan is so f'ing stupid that I'm sure that when Obama reads about it he'll have it stricken or ammended because he's decidedly not f'ing stupid. But you guys want to stake your credibility defending it?!? Really?

dnf777
08-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Hew, you still haven't worked those reading comprehension issues, have you? I said in my post that I agree, the policies are too long. Of course they should be revised or trimmed upon review! If that's all you got, that's easy.

I'm glad to see you're giving Obama credit or striking or amending silly policies. BTW, who wrote this plan? I really don't know, that's a legit question, isn't it?

Hew
08-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Hew, you still haven't worked those reading comprehension issues, have you? I said in my post that I agree, the policies are too long. Agree with who? The article wasn't about the length of the policies. Nobody on this thread complained about the length of the policies. The concern is with the stupidity of one portion of the policy. Of course they should be revised or trimmed upon review! If that's all you got, that's easy.

I'm glad to see you're giving Obama credit or striking or amending silly policies. BTW, who wrote this plan? I really don't know, that's a legit question, isn't it? When you want to bitch about Bush, the buck stops on Bush's desk. When you want to defend Obama the buck stops at some low level ham and egger's desk. Does that about cover it?

Edit...my bad...Yardely did indeed complain about the detail/length of the plan....as if that's what anybody is concerned about.

BrianW
08-09-2010, 09:40 AM
So let me get something straight, you guys have a problem with someone actually reading the plan before it has to be used and finding the holes in it then?

As with any gooberment "plan", the devil is in the details. "Delays caused by the testing could range from hours to days, said Ed Overton, a professor of Environmental Studies at Louisiana State University. Once a sample is collected, it takes three to five hours to process the material. Ultimately, the time will depend on how many samples are being tested, said Overton, who is also head of the joint Coast Guard-Northern Oceanic Atmospheric Administration hazmat chemical analysis team." (Not exactly a 'conservative think tank' imo :rolleyes:)

If one were to setup a training scenario so poorly where the dog could take hours to find the bird, I'd think that session had better be reconsidered & modified before running it.

The problem is not in the sampling but in the idea that remediation can't start because the workers must sort out where the oil came from and who should pay for it "prior to removal of contaminated debris.
What if it can't be determined 'whose" oil it is? What if was say, "Venezuelan" and Chavez said "Screw you, I am paying for nothing!"?
If they were talking about toxic waste from a truck accident in your neighborhood, would you want authorities to delay clean up operations until they determined exactly who was going to pay for it? Or clean it up NOW, fight it our later?

If this were a "Bush edict" saying any cleanup would be delayed, the environmentalists would be screaming bloody murder.

road kill
08-09-2010, 09:41 AM

Edit...my bad...Yardely did indeed complain about the detail/length of the plan....as if that's what anybody is concerned about.
If Bush did it he buck stopped at his desk.
If Obama does it, the buck stops at Bush's desk!

Hahahahahahaha!

RK

Hew
08-09-2010, 09:49 AM

Hahahahahahaha!

RK
You're right. I did indeed mischaracterize the lefts' usual modus operandi. My bad. ;-)

dnf777
08-09-2010, 09:52 AM

Hahahahahahaha!

RK

Now THAT is funny!

Go back and look at the multitudes of posts blaming Obama for the wars, recession, job market, etc......starting the second he took the oath! Despite the fact the numbers were cast before he took office!

Good one!

Buzz
08-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Much ado about nothing...

dnf777
08-09-2010, 09:57 AM

I don't think I've bitched about Bush lately. And besides, you and RK brought him up again, not me. I've blamed Obama for plenty...you just choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit your arguments.

I blame Obama for out out of control spending, continuing two unjust wars, and catering to big corp dollars.......gee, since YOU brought him up, I'll just add that the main gripes I have with Obama, are the same gripes I had with Bush! So please don't accuse me of defending his poor policies.

BTW, on another note, did you see some of the old sec Treas guys (who are not up for election) have come out against the tax cuts? Figures, just in time for when I can benefit from them finally, they'll NOW wake up and take them away. Impeccable timing on my part. :-x

Eric Johnson
08-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Why worry? They won't follow the plan anyway. I offer as evidence that the 15 year old plan said burning should begin within 24 hours of a massive spill.

Eric

ducknwork
08-09-2010, 11:43 AM

Ummm...Clean it up now and then figure the rest out? I thought we were all against oil sitting out there in our precious Gulf. Maybe it'll sit out there long enough you can start crying about tar balls on TX beaches when you were younger again.:rolleyes:
'You think'...that sounds definitive.:rolleyes: I think you should find some proof for that statement.

What's not new about this? Do you have anything new for us? You know, something other than your normal whining about righties and making statements that have no substance in an effort to oppose all things right wing... Do you really think it's a good idea to let the oil sit there for possibly days while we attempt to figure out who it belongs to?

ducknwork
08-09-2010, 11:44 AM
So let me get something straight, you guys have a problem with someone actually reading the plan before it has to be used and finding the holes in it then?

As with any gooberment "plan", the devil is in the details. "Delays caused by the testing could range from hours to days, said Ed Overton, a professor of Environmental Studies at Louisiana State University. Once a sample is collected, it takes three to five hours to process the material. Ultimately, the time will depend on how many samples are being tested, said Overton, who is also head of the joint Coast Guard-Northern Oceanic Atmospheric Administration hazmat chemical analysis team." (Not exactly a 'conservative think tank' imo :rolleyes:)

If one were to setup a training scenario so poorly where the dog could take hours to find the bird, I'd think that session had better be reconsidered & modified before running it.

The problem is not in the sampling but in the idea that remediation can't start because the workers must sort out where the oil came from and who should pay for it "prior to removal of contaminated debris.
What if it can't be determined 'whose" oil it is? What if was say, "Venezuelan" and Chavez said "Screw you, I am paying for nothing!"?
If they were talking about toxic waste from a truck accident in your neighborhood, would you want authorities to delay clean up operations until they determined exactly who was going to pay for it? Or clean it up NOW, fight it our later?

If this were a "Bush edict" saying any cleanup would be delayed, the environmentalists would be screaming bloody murder.

Thank you for saving me a bunch of typing.

Buzz
08-09-2010, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=dnf777;657591]

Do you really think it's a good idea to let the oil sit there for possibly days while we attempt to figure out who it belongs to?

Yes, we know that the number one priority in the case of a disaster will be for crews to swarm in and clean up any oil during the first hours and days. Because experience shows us that there will be more than enough help available for rescuing the injured and stranded, and more than enough help getting in much need food and fresh water to the victims.:rolleyes:

Like I said earlier, much ado about nothing.

ducknwork
08-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes, we know that the number one priority in the case of a disaster will be for crews to swarm in and clean up any oil during the first hours and days. Because experience shows us that there will be more than enough help available for rescuing the injured and stranded, and more than enough help getting in much need food and fresh water to the victims.:rolleyes:

Like I said earlier, much ado about nothing.

They wouldn't be victims if they heeded the advance warnings. When we have hurricanes around here, you don't have people all over the national news complaining. We just move on and take care of ourselves rather than wait for big brother to rescue us.

Besides, I would suspect that it would be different sets of response teams set up for oil cleanup than rescuing dummies.

Just sayin...

Roger Perry
08-09-2010, 12:25 PM

Hahahahahahaha!

RK

There you go again, bringing up Bush's name, but when I do it you say we are talking about Obama. Can't have it both ways. Now, I don't want to be critized for any comparisons from one administration to the next

Regards

dnf777
08-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Besides, I would suspect that it would be different sets of response teams set up for oil cleanup than rescuing dummies.

Just sayin...

Before you say things like that, I would encourage you to spend some time in the lower 9th ward and see those "dummies" you refer to. I promise, you would change your tune.

I only know you through RTF and a few PMs, but I can tell you're a much better man than that.

ducknwork
08-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Before you say things like that, I would encourage you to spend some time in the lower 9th ward and see those "dummies" you refer to. I promise, you would change your tune.

I only know you through RTF and a few PMs, but I can tell you're a much better man than that.

It doesn't take much common sense to realize that you are living in a place BELOW SEA LEVEL that wouldn't be dry if it wasn't for the dike and the pumps running. When you know that a serious hurricane is coming, that is not where you want to be. I guess that could have gone over some of their heads though.:rolleyes:

I only have so much sympathy for people who make truly idiotic choices.

But I am genuinely curious, what would make me change my tune? (Please don't say that you aren't having this discussion anymore and tell me to find out for myself!)

Hew
08-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't think I've bitched about Bush lately. And besides, you and RK brought him up again, not me. I've blamed Obama for plenty...you just choose to ignore it because it doesn't fit your arguments.
LOL. It's so reflexive for you to spew out Bush nonsense that you're no longer even aware of when you do it. But just fyi, from your very first post (SURPRISE!):

How bout we put Brownie in charge again?

But as you've noted, Bush was responsible for everything that Brown did or did not do, but Obama isn't responsible for the ridiculous testing portion of the plan.

Hew
08-09-2010, 03:15 PM

And you're familiar with this because you ridden out so many hurricanes in South Dakota? Your extensive hurricane experience aside, not every hurricane results in a Katrina. Not many hurricanes result in a Katrina. Most, however, will blow a considerable amount of debris (and possibly oil) onto shore, though.

dnf777
08-09-2010, 03:35 PM
It doesn't take much common sense to realize that you are living in a place BELOW SEA LEVEL that wouldn't be dry if it wasn't for the dike and the pumps running. When you know that a serious hurricane is coming, that is not where you want to be. I guess that could have gone over some of their heads though.:rolleyes:

I only have so much sympathy for people who make truly idiotic choices.

But I am genuinely curious, what would make me change my tune? (Please don't say that you aren't having this discussion anymore and tell me to find out for myself!)

Obviously, you've lived a life of privilege, and have no compassion for those who have next to nothing. I suppose the Cajuns living in the Delta are also "idiots" by your standard. Some people don't have cars, believe it or not. Nor the desire to leave everything they own in a crime-ridden neighborhood. I'm sure you can argue away all the reasons that many of those people stayed, and in your world, you're absolutely right.

And yes, you will need to find out for yourself. Someday, you probably will.

dnf777
08-09-2010, 03:37 PM
LOL. It's so reflexive for you to spew out Bush nonsense that you're no longer even aware of when you do it. But just fyi, from your very first post (SURPRISE!):

But as you've noted, Bush was responsible for everything that Brown did or did not do, but Obama isn't responsible for the ridiculous testing portion of the plan.

Hew, like a comedian, you have to come up with some new material now and then. These false accusations are getting old....
broken record regards....

troy schwab
08-09-2010, 04:33 PM
I suppose the Cajuns living in the Delta are also "idiots" by your standard.

Any true "Cajun" worth a plug nickel has a boat and knows how to use it......LOL

Roger Perry
08-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Any true "Cajun" worth a plug nickel has a boat and knows how to use it......LOL

Boats aren't worth "a plug nickle" during a hurricane. I have seen some that have ended up miles inland from where they were moored.

Franco
08-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Boats aren't worth "a plug nickle" during a hurricane. I have seen some that have ended up miles inland from where they were moored.

This is in responce to all the Katrina comments;

1- Katrina did NOT hit Cajun Country! It hit New Orleans(which is NOT Cajun, New Orleans was settled by Continental Spanish and French- the French Quarter was built by Spain) and the western part of the Ms Gulf Coast. Most of the people living in the delta south of New Orleans are Croatian, Vietnamesse, and Who Dats.

2- New Orleans has survived bigger hurricanes that have hit the city directly and survived ie Audry and Betsy. The hurricane was a natural event, the flooding after was a man made screwup of epic proportions!
New levees were faulty in design and the new Miss River Gulf Outlet (MRGO), is what allowed the strom surge to approach the city! Both projects are the work of the U S Army Corp. Of Engineers. Had the Corp not gone aboslutely giddy with dredging, the city would not have flooded!

3- The city nor the governor had a plan in place to evacuate the poor and elderly! It was a Mandatory Evacuation and every man, woman and child for themselves! Not even the contra-flow evacuation plan worked!

dnf777
08-09-2010, 05:26 PM
This is in responce to all the Katrina comments;

1- Katrina did NOT hit Cajun Country! It hit New Orleans and the western part of the Ms Gulf Coast. Most of the people living in the delta south of New Orleans are Croatian, Vietnamesse, and Who Dats. Whatever the ethnicity, the point stands. Also, I was not referring solely to Katrina. Remember Rita?

2- New Orleans has survived bigger hurricanes that have hit the city directly and survived ie Audry and Betsy. The hurricane was a natural event, the flooding after was a man made screwup of epic proportions!
New levees were faulty in design and the new Miss River Gulf Outlet (MRGO), is what allowed the strom surge to approach the city! Both projects are the work of the U S Army Corp. Of Engineers. Had the Corp not gone aboslutely giddy with dredging, the city would not have flooded!

3- The city nor the governor had a plan in place to evacuate the poor and elderly! It was a Mandatory Evacuation and every man, woman and child for themselves! Not even the contra-flow evacuation plan worked!
Then call the politicians idiots, not the poor folk who had no means to evacuate.

rboudet
08-09-2010, 05:28 PM
They wouldn't be victims if they heeded the advance warnings. When we have hurricanes around here, you don't have people all over the national news complaining. We just move on and take care of ourselves rather than wait for big brother to rescue us.

Just sayin...

That is because the majority of the indigent population do not live near the coast on the East Coast and most in the Lower 9th rely on public transportation and it is very expensive to evacuate. Saying that, I have no sympathy for the large portion New Orleans after Katrina that relied on the government to take care of everything. Unfortunetly, this is how they were raised and expect it. All that was aired by the media was the looting, the idiots in the Dome stealing everything that was cemented to the ground, defecating in the halls and smearing on the walls. I had several friends stuck there due to one reason or another. Good friends of ours had just delivered a baby two days prior and were stuck trying to get out of the city via the Convention Center and were acosted and feared for theirs and their new born baby, only because they werent the right color.

So please do not come on an internet forum and tell us how stupid "we" are for not leaving or how "if we saw how these people lived we would change our tune" I saw and see how these people live on a daily basis and some, not all, deserved everything they got.

Franco
08-09-2010, 05:37 PM
That is because the majority of the indigent population do not live near the coast on the East Coast and most in the Lower 9th rely on public transportation and it is very expensive to evacuate. Saying that, I have no sympathy for the large portion New Orleans after Katrina that relied on the government to take care of everything. Unfortunetly, this is how they were raised and expect it. All that was aired by the media was the looting, the idiots in the Dome stealing everything that was cemented to the ground, defecating in the halls and smearing on the walls. I had several friends stuck there due to one reason or another. Good friends of ours had just delivered a baby two days prior and were stuck trying to get out of the city via the Convention Center and were acosted and feared for theirs and their new born baby, only because they werent the right color.

So please do not come on an internet forum and tell us how stupid "we" are for not leaving or how "if we saw how these people lived we would change our tune" I saw and see how these people live on a daily basis and some, not all, deserved everything they got.

Good post Bobby. We can thank Lyndon Baines Johnson for starting the entitlement mentallity! LBJ stated the whole "government is going to take care of you balony"!

Franco
08-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Remember Rita?

I remember it well. I was running an Amateur in Alabama when it hit. A friend of mine lost his duck camp at Pecan Island.

Rita devistated the Lake Chuck area. Difference between New Orleans and Lake Charles is LC is predominently Cajun. Cajuns for the most part don't want anything from the Feds much less a handout. They rely on themselves to take care of themselves! They are staunch Republicans with some of the old folk still being Dixie Democrats.

dnf777
08-09-2010, 05:50 PM

A helluva lot of very poor people died or saw loved ones die in that flood. Blame whomever you want, Bush, Nagin, Blanco...I don't give a rat's a$$. There are always some who get what they "deserve", but I'm not cold-hearted enough to throw the whole 9th ward into that category. I'm really surprised at the lack of human compassion, in light of one of the worst disasters of this century. Maybe I shouldn't be.

Franco
08-09-2010, 06:01 PM
The 9th Ward was the most crime-ridden area of New Orleans. Best thing that ever happened to it was Katrina. Much of the bad element that stalked that area live in other cities today. The entire area has been rebuilt and now stands a chance of being prosperus.

The Feds also tore down all the public housing (Section 8) that was a sanctuary for criminals throughout the city. Most are gone!

New Orleans finally has a real mayor that will change the crime image.

The big question is will the tax payers return in great enough numbers to make a difference.

Back in the late 60's, Claiborne Ave was a majestic avenue going through the heart of the old parts of the city and rivaled by only St Charles Ave. There were an estimated 800 huge Live Oaks like the one used for the Mossy Oak logo lining Claiborne. All the trees were cut down and an overhead expressway was built. The 9th, 7th(including Treme) and 5th Wards immediatly converted to blight destroying many historical neighborhoods.

Mayor Landreau realizes this and is now leading an effort to tear down the overhead expressway, divert traffic to 610 and revive those neighborhoods to their prior glory. It he gets his way, property values will jump 10 fold in these areas.

dnf777
08-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Back in the late 60's, Claiborne Ave was a majestic avenue going through the heart of the old parts of the city and rivaled by only St Charles Ave. There were an estimated 800 huge Live Oaks like the one used for the Mossy Oak logo lining Claiborne. All the trees were cut down and an overhead expressway was built. The 9th, 7th(including Treme) and 5th Wards immediatly converted to blight destroying many historical neighborhoods.

Mayor Landreau realizes this and is now leading an effort to tear down the overhead expressway, divert traffic to 610 and revive those neighborhoods to their prior glory. It he gets his way, property values will jump 10 fold in these areas.

I pray he's successful. Unfortunately, many people only get to see the FQ, and coverage from Katrina. The uptown and garden districts are so beautiful even today...I can only imagine NOLA in its prime. It is truly a grand old city, and I wish it only the best in its recovery.

And its true, much of the 9th ward was a criminal/drug element. Most of the young, mobile miscreants I'm sure had no trouble getting out before Katrina in their mercedes and rice rockets. Many of those who died however, were elderly from the grand era you spoke of.

rboudet
08-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I pray he's successful. Unfortunately, many people only get to see the FQ, and coverage from Katrina. The uptown and garden districts are so beautiful even today...I can only imagine NOLA in its prime. It is truly a grand old city, and I wish it only the best in its recovery.

And its true, much of the 9th ward was a criminal/drug element. Most of the young, mobile miscreants I'm sure had no trouble getting out before Katrina in their mercedes and rice rockets. Many of those who died however, were elderly from the grand era you spoke of.

Not exactly true most of the mobile miscreants stayed to loot, rob unattended houses and prey on the unfortunate. And most of the elderly, white or black would not have left if you tried to drag them out. In all my life Katrina was the only time I ever evacuated for a storm.

As far as human compassion, I have compassion for the ones you could not help themselves, the others stayed and gambled their life because they new the government would bail them out.

How much time have you spent in New Orleans? much less the "Lower 9th". The majority of my family grew up in and near the 9th ward and it was a different place compared to now. I was there working 10 days after the storm, and let me tell you first hand it was not pretty or safe, we had armed guards shadowing us the whole time, and it wasn't overkill.

dnf777
08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
My hat is off to you in respect.
I lived there the year after Katrina working at Ochsner Clinic. Nine months after the storm, we found an elderly woman in her car, parked on the upper level of our parking garage to weather the storm. Her car just sat there, unnoticed, until the smell got too bad.

One (of many things) that impressed me with NOLA, is the true integration that city has. I've never seen another town with such a mix of racial, ethnic, and economic make up. I lived right against the River levy on Deckbar ave, off River Road. Favorite watering hole was a converted segregationist grocery store, now the RiverShak Bar. What a place!

depittydawg
08-09-2010, 08:41 PM

Hahahahahahaha!

RK

You mean if Cheney did it, the buck stops at Bush's Desk.

JDogger
08-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Excellent title for a thread on POTUS, ducknwork, very apropos.:rolleyes:

JD

road kill
08-09-2010, 10:30 PM

JD
Perhaps, but you couldn't resist!!:D

How far down did you have to jump???? :confused:

RK

JDogger
08-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Perhaps, but you couldn't resist!!:D

How far down did you have to jump???? :confused:

RK

Yeah...but I'm still waiting for the, "well, who sez?" reply.

Oh, never mind. I already got it.

Not far brother, not far.

JD

ducknwork
08-09-2010, 10:48 PM
And its true, much of the 9th ward was a criminal/drug element. Most of the young, mobile miscreants I'm sure had no trouble getting out before Katrina in their mercedes and rice rockets.

Are they the ones that would make me change my opinion?:rolleyes:

ducknwork
08-09-2010, 10:50 PM

JD

It could be the title for any thread, at any time on this forum. Although, the original topic is absolutely ridiculous.

JDogger
08-09-2010, 11:05 PM
It could be the title for any thread, at any time on this forum. Although, the original topic is absolutely ridiculous.

Don't sweat the petty things, dnw...and don't pet the sweaty things.

Outer Limits regards,

JD

(I'm really trying to connect),

dnf777
08-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Are they the ones that would make me change my opinion?:rolleyes:

Not unless you're sympathetic to that element, which I doubt. I think you know who I was talking about. You know, there ARE some decent folks who just happen to be poor in this country....even NOLA's 9th ward.

ducknwork
08-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Obviously, you've lived a life of privilege, and have no compassion for those who have next to nothing. I suppose the Cajuns living in the Delta are also "idiots" by your standard. Some people don't have cars, believe it or not. Nor the desire to leave everything they own in a crime-ridden neighborhood. I'm sure you can argue away all the reasons that many of those people stayed, and in your world, you're absolutely right.

And yes, you will need to find out for yourself. Someday, you probably will.

Life of privilege? Wow...That's a pretty good one Dave. No compassion? That's even better. Idiots? sigh... Just so you know, your batting average sucks. You'd get sent back to the minors with one like that pretty quick.

I like how once again, you say something and when asked for clarification, you have none.:roll::roll:

Gotta get the animated smiley for that one...

And in response to your above post, I know there are good poor people. You would be surprised what I know, unless you go off believing that life of privilege BS.

road kill
08-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah...but I'm still waiting for the, "well, who sez?" reply.

Oh, never mind. I already got it.

Not far brother, not far.

JD

Well, we use the "yeah but he started it" almost everyday.:D

RK

road kill
08-10-2010, 08:39 AM

JD

BTW--could YOU help ME name MY puppy??:rolleyes:

RK