08-10-2010, 12:01 PM
What?
No one does that........

UPDATE 1-Obama attacks Bush policies in Bush's home state

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0910217920100809

RK:D

ducknwork
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
"The policies that crashed the economy, that undercut the middle class, that mortgaged our future, do we really want to go back to that, or do we keep moving our country forward?" Obama said at another fund-raising event in Austin, referring to Bush's eight years as president.

I really don't think that O wants to compare himself to Bush on that front...

He said later in Dallas that Republicans were simply offering "retreads" of economic policies that "got us into this mess in the first place" and had no new ideas to offer voters.

What has he done that has been significantly different than Bush?

Buzz
08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
I really don't think that O wants to compare himself to Bush on that front...

What has he done that has been significantly different than Bush?

that is because you will never accept that it was Bush's policies that are partially responsible for today's deficits. And there will be no changing your mind, so I won't waste the effort trying.

troy schwab
08-10-2010, 02:54 PM
that is because you will never accept that it was Bush's policies that are partially responsible for today's deficits. And there will be no changing your mind, so I won't waste the effort trying.

Buzz,
I think anyone would agree that Bush's policies are PARTIALLY responsible for some of the deficit. But this crazy man is writing checks that this good country's ass cant cash....... THATS A DIFFERENT STORY.......

Tired of Bush regards.......

M&K's Retrievers
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM

Let' see, Buzz. When Bush took office, unemployment was 4.7%. It peaked in 2003 at 6% and ended in 2008 at 5.8%. Since Obama took office and passed his stimulus package, the rate has risen to it's current 9+%. When Reid and Pelosi took over in 2007 in was 4%.

As far as Bush's policies, Reid and Pelosi have been in charge of Congress and the budget since 2007. Presidents don't make budgets, Congress does. I think that Bush's last deficit was $400+B while Obama's first year was $1.5T.

Bush and McCain warned of the problems with Freedie and Fannie in 2003. McCain tried to get legislation passed but was defeated by Franks.

Bush expanded the Federal Budget by $700B through 2008. Obama has added another one Trillion.

Bush became the first to spend 3% of GDP. Obama has increase it by 20%.

Bush presided over a $2.5T increase in public debt through 2008. Obama's will add $4.9T beginning 2010-2016.

There is no doubt that Bush was a Doofus in certain areas but he had help. The current Administration will make Bush look like a miser in comparison.

Tired of Bush bashing regards,

YardleyLabs
08-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Let' see, Buzz. When Bush took office, unemployment was 4.7%. It peaked in 2003 at 6% and ended in 2008 at 5.8%. Since Obama took office and passed his stimulus package, the rate has risen to it's current 9+%. When Reid and Pelosi took over in 2007 in was 4%.

According to the Bureau of labor Statistics (as of a few minutes ago), the unemployment rate in January 2001 was 4.2%. This was its highest level in more than a year, but the total change over the prior year w% was an increase from . When Obama took office in January 2009, the unemployment rate was 7.7&. That was an increase from the rate in January 2008 of 5.0% (an increase of over 50%). The rate was 4.6% when Democrats assumed control of the House in January 2007.

As far as Bush's policies, Reid and Pelosi have been in charge of Congress and the budget since 2007. Presidents don't make budgets, Congress does. I think that Bush's last deficit was $400+B while Obama's first year was $1.5T.

Bush exercised primary control over the expenditure side of the budget throughout his term. The revenue side of the budget was "fixed" by the tax cuts of 2001 and 2003. The Bush proposed budget for the 2008 fiscal year included deficit projections of about $450 billion. However those projections excluded almost all costs related to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The actual deficit in spending exceeded the $1 trillion mark before Bush left office based on expenditures that he requested and approved.

Bush and McCain warned of the problems with Freedie and Fannie in 2003. McCain tried to get legislation passed but was defeated by Franks.
They may have warned, but they did nothing despite having almost complete control of Congress. In fact, the Bush administration repeatedly promoted and took credit for the growth in the "ownership" economy that arose from the issuance of non-prime mortgages. Also, the collapse of the mortgage market was primarily attributable to debt instruments and mortgages issued outside of the Fannie/Freddie market. When I received almost daily milings encouraging me to refinance my house for up to 125% of its market value at a low fixed rate, that was not Fannie and Freddie speaking.

Bush expanded the Federal Budget by $700B through 2008. Obama has added another one Trillion.
Absolutely true. But he also recaptured some of the TARP spending through paybacks (actually, the majority), thereby offsetting some of the increase. The net increase in the deficit associated with the stimulous program was about $400 billion during 2009 and most of that was from tax cuts.

Bush became the first to spend 3% of GDP. Obama has increase it by 20%.

Bush presided over a $2.5T increase in public debt through 2008. Obama's will add $4.9T beginning 2010-2016.
Through 2008, Bush's Presidency result in an increase in the public debt of $4.9 trillion. The number you quoted is only for his second term.

There is no doubt that Bush was a Doofus in certain areas but he had help. The current Administration will make Bush look like a miser in comparison.
The real cost of the bush administration is less in what it did while in office, which was bad enough, but the fact that it left us with an economy in collapse and with a government that had been totally bankrupted by tax cuts that were still kicking in as he closed the White house door behind him and spending that was out of control before Obama added his signature to the stimulus program. Nothing could make Bush look like a miser. Obama may well fail to make the situation better. However, the first step is to carry through on Bush's gift to the American people -- the expiration of his tax cuts. I hope that both sides of the aisle will refuse to extend any tax cuts unless they are financed through explicit spending cuts adopted simultaneously.

Tired of Bush bashing regards,But not of bashing Obama for failing to reverse the damage that Bush left behind.

troy schwab
08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
YARDLEY SAID - However, the first step is to carry through on Bush's gift to the American people -- the expiration of his tax cuts. I hope that both sides of the aisle will refuse to extend any tax cuts unless they are financed through explicit spending cuts adopted simultaneously.

Really????? You think your boy can slow the rubber checkbook stamper down? I doubt it...... The only way Obama can fix something is to:

Assemble a panel to review and discuss...... ending with nothing but the same initial observation

OR

Throw money at it!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHHOOOOOOO!!!!! Is there bottom to this pocket????? HEY HONEY LETS GO TO KENYA!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

What a friggin joke...

Never happen Yardley, even though I agree with you, he is too busy building government. THAT COSTS MONEY!!

ducknwork
08-10-2010, 06:00 PM

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. But I appreciate you putting words in my mouth.:rolleyes: Wanna try again?

So what has Obama done differently since he is condemning Bush's policies? I'll be waiting.

luvmylabs23139
08-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Place the blame where it really belongs. 99% of the housing problems are directly a result of Barney bumble Frank and his butt buddies (literally) at Fannie Mae.
Barney was too busy taking it up the butt to pay attention to what was really going on at Fannie or he didn;t care cause he was getting it up the butt.

M&K's Retrievers
08-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Jeff, you are the only one I know who would dispute information from the Heritage Foundation. Granted they are conservative but factual none the less.

Don't quit your day job regards,

JDogger
08-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Place the blame where it really belongs. 99% of the housing problems are directly a result of Barney bumble Frank and his butt buddies (literally) at Fannie Mae.
Barney was too busy taking it up the butt to pay attention to what was really going on at Fannie or he didn;t care cause he was getting it up the butt.

Lunylabs,

I recall that you've said before, that you carry a Green card, and you have been here for some period of time. When pray tell, do you intend to become a natualized citizen, if ever? And not if not, why not?

"Up the butt regardless regards",

JD

road kill
08-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Lunylabs,

I recall that you've said before, that you carry a Green card, and you have been here for some period of time. When pray tell, do you intend to become a natualized citizen, if ever? And not if not, why not?

JD

So.....now green cards matter??

RK

ducknwork
08-11-2010, 06:11 AM

RK

Not only do they matter, but they are extremely relevant to the discussion at hand. Didn't you realize that?

YardleyLabs
08-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Jeff, you are the only one I know who would dispute information from the Heritage Foundation. Granted they are conservative but factual none the less.

Don't quit your day job regards,
Well, you didn't provide references, so I can't check their numbers. However, it would not be the first time that they produced numbers that were at best highly selective. The single authoritative source of US unemployment statistics -- whether you are Liberal or Conservative or a Martian -- is the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Their database is set up so that you can define the exact data and terime periods that you want. The most commonly used statistics are based on the Household Survey and are seasonally adjusted. Those are the data I used. The normal process is that data are published monthly based on preliminary estimates. The data are then adjusted over the next few months as better information becomes available. The differences between early estimates and later final numbers can be significant. The numbers I cited are all "final".

With respect to total public debt, data are published monthly by the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department. You can also look up the public debt for any date or date interval at http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/NPGateway. On January 20, 2009, for example, the total public debt was $10.627 trillion. On January 19, 2001, it was $5.728 trillion, an increase of $4.899 trillion, or 85.5%. The Obama administration has absolutely doe more than its share to increase the debt, which now stands at $13.311 trillion as of 8/9/2010, an increase of $2.684 trillion, or 25% since it took office. While much of this was built into the spending committed by the Bush administration before leaving office (e.g., most of the TARP funds plus an operating deficit of over $700 billion), the administration made the problem worse with over $800 billion in stimulus spending and a budget for the fiscal year beginning 10/1/2009 (the first "Obama" budget) that increased rather than reduced the operating deficit.

Seldom mentioned in analyses of the deficit is that the primary cause of the deficit growth has not been increases in spending. Rather, the biggest contributor to the deficit was a massive drop in Federal tax receipts. This resulted from the combination of an economic collapse and the fact that a large portion of the tax cuts (e.g., the final elimination of estate taxes) did not kick in until the last two years. The decline in revenues was grossly underestimated in the last two budgets of the Bush administration.

The shrinkage in Federal revenues reduced receipts from 20.5% of GDP in 2000 -- the last year of the Clinton Administration -- to 17.5% of GDP in 2008, the last full year of the Bush Administration. In the first year of the Obama Administration, Federal receipts declined to 14.8% of GDP. Receipts are expect to increase in 2011, but will still be a lower percentage of GDP than in 2008.

The other side of the coin is, obviously, spending. In 2000, Federal outlays totaled 18.2% of GDP, reflecting a decline in the percentage of GDP used for Federal spending throughout the Clinton administration from the 22.1% level seen under Bush 41. Under Bush 43, Federal outlays increased from 18.2% to 20.7%. With all of the stimulus spending, Federal outlays under Obama increased by $535 billion between 2008 and 2009 and totaled 25.4% of GDP, a level not seen since the end of WWII. If that were a one-time phenomenon, I would view it as an acceptable price paid to avert a depression. However, the Obama administration budget proposal for 2010-11 projects that level of spending for at least another two years before declining back to pre-Clinton era levels of about 22%. (All of this data may be found at http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=200).

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Lunylabs,

JD

I guess since you can't defend Barney Butt Bumble's actions you decide to reply with a comment about my citizenship.
What does my citizenship status have to do with Bubble Barney and Fannie Mae?

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Not only do they matter, but they are extremely relevant to the discussion at hand. Didn't you realize that?

Only when a left wing nut can't defend Barney Butt Bumble!:rolleyes:

JDogger
08-11-2010, 08:30 AM
I guess since you can't defend Barney Butt Bumble's actions you decide to reply with a comment about my citizenship.

You just seem to be very hyper-critical of your adopted country. If you could vote, maybe you could effect the changes you desire.

JDogger
08-11-2010, 08:33 AM

Duck, there isn't a single thread on POTUS that stays on topic, so unwad your panties. OK?

Roger Perry
08-11-2010, 08:39 AM
What?
No one does that........

UPDATE 1-Obama attacks Bush policies in Bush's home state

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0910217920100809

There ya go again bringing up Bush. :confused:

However, what Obama said in his speach was the truth. Bush did trash the economy.

President Barack Obama attacked the economic policies of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush in Bush's home state on Monday as evidence of the way Republicans would operate if given power in Nov. 2 U.S. congressional elections.
At a fund-raising event for Democrats in Dallas, where Bush now lives, Obama said the former president's "disastrous" policies had driven the U.S. economy into the ground and turned budget surpluses into deficits.

I am not happy that Obama continues to keep spending money in the Bush tradition though.

road kill
08-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Let's see if I got this;

Tidal wave of illegal aliens---OK!

Card carrying legal immigrants--must be called out!

RK

paul young
08-11-2010, 08:50 AM
let's call out the illegal immigrants, too. seems only fair.

will all the illegal immigrants on POTUS place shout out, please?

seems to me that anyone who has been living and working in the U.S. as long as luvmylabs and not become a citizen is just saying they prefer dollars to pounds. they have made no commitment to this country. probably don't even like it.....-Paul

ducknwork
08-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Duck, there isn't a single thread on POTUS that stays on topic, so unwad your panties. OK?

Who told you that I wear panties? Or do you just assume that everyone is like you?

Clay Rogers
08-11-2010, 09:47 AM

seems to me that anyone who has been living and working in the U.S. as long as luvmylabs and not become a citizen is just saying they prefer dollars to pounds. they have made no commitment to this country. probably don't even like it.....-Paul

Actually, and not taking up for Luvmylabs, because I don't agree with anything she says, but it is very hard to become a citizen. I have a co-worker here at the hospital that has been trying for 12 years. Seems the government can make more money on him via the greencard process rather than as a citizen.

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 10:04 AM

Let's get a few facts straight. I did not decide to move to the US, my parents did. I was not quite 4 years old when I moved here. In reality this is the only country I know and it is really screwed up compliments of the dummacrats and BUMFACE makes it worse everyday. CT is a really sucky liberal state. Yeah, I know, that is where I grew up and they suck and kiss welfare slimes butts.

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 10:15 AM

RK

Only when a green card holder questions Barney BUtt buddy Frank and they cannot defend him. As usual the messenger is attacked rather than repsond to something they can't or won't defend. Typical bleeding liberal!

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Actually, and not taking up for Luvmylabs, because I don't agree with anything she says, but it is very hard to become a citizen. I have a co-worker here at the hospital that has been trying for 12 years. Seems the government can make more money on him via the greencard process rather than as a citizen.

Actually I have no hurdles to jump thru. I can just sign on the dotted line anytime I choose.

paul young
08-11-2010, 10:23 AM
indeed, let's get a few things straight.

i didn't say you moved here as an adult. i had no way of knowing how or when you arrived here i knew from prior posts that you lived in Ct. for a period of time before moving to another state.

since you have been here since age 4, why you have not become a citizen is beyond me.

instead of taking cheap shots at our country, way of life, and especially our form of government you could get involved and try to improve things. but you haven't and probably won't. i guess that would take too much effort on your part.

classy post, too, by the way. you sound like a teenager that flunked English - how ironic!

paul young
08-11-2010, 10:25 AM
What does my citizenship status have to do with Bubble Barney and Fannie Mae?[/QUOTE]

everything. you are not a citizen. -Paul

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 10:38 AM

everything. you are not a citizen. -Paul[/quote]

Unlike many citizens I actually pay federal income taxes, so it is my money Barney has been wasting!

Clay Rogers
08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Actually I have no hurdles to jump thru. I can just sign on the dotted line anytime I choose.

Then you should probably keep your opinions to yourself. No right complaining about something you won't try to fix.

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Then you should probably keep your opinions to yourself. No right complaining about something you won't try to fix.

AS long as it my my tax money that is being stolen and wasted I will comment.
Barney Butt Bumble is wasting it. By the way since I don't live in MA I couldn't get rid of that BUTT lover anyway.
Actual taxpayers should be the ones that vote, not those that STEAL taxpayers money!

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 11:08 AM

everything. you are not a citizen. -Paul[/quote]

You still haven't defended Barney Butt Bumble!:rolleyes:

Clay Rogers
08-11-2010, 11:11 AM
AS long as it my my tax money that is being stolen and wasted I will comment.
Barney Butt Bumble is wasting it. By the way since I don't live in MA I couldn't get rid of that BUTT lover anyway.
Actual taxpayers should be the ones that vote, not those that STEAL taxpayers money!

It is not only him, so why be so hateful to him? Is it because he is gay? Are you covering for something?

M&K's Retrievers
08-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Well, you didn't provide references, so I can't check their numbers.

Here you go. Check away.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

road kill
08-11-2010, 11:36 AM
indeed, let's get a few things straight.

i didn't say you moved here as an adult. i had no way of knowing how or when you arrived here i knew from prior posts that you lived in Ct. for a period of time before moving to another state.

since you have been here since age 4, why you have not become a citizen is beyond me.

instead of taking cheap shots at our country, way of life, and especially our form of government you could get involved and try to improve things. but you haven't and probably won't. i guess that would take too much effort on your part.

classy post, too, by the way. you sound like a teenager that flunked English - how ironic!

Hey, Paul, what branch of the military dod you serve in?

RK

road kill
08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
There ya go again bringing up Bush. :confused:

However, what Obama said in his speach was the truth. Bush did trash the economy.

President Barack Obama attacked the economic policies of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush in Bush's home state on Monday as evidence of the way Republicans would operate if given power in Nov. 2 U.S. congressional elections.
At a fund-raising event for Democrats in Dallas, where Bush now lives, Obama said the former president's "disastrous" policies had driven the U.S. economy into the ground and turned budget surpluses into deficits.

I am not happy that Obama continues to keep spending money in the Bush tradition though.

Hey Rog, I didn't bring him up, Obama did.

paul young
08-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey, Paul, what branch of the military dod you serve in?

RK

Stan,

none. i couldn't pass the physical exam.

instead, i did what i could and took a job in a defense plant.-Paul

road kill
08-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Stan,

none. i couldn't pass the physical exam.

instead, i did what i could and took a job in a defense plant.-Paul

You look like a vet, I mean that in a good way......:(

RK

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
It is not only him, so why be so hateful to him? Is it because he is gay? Are you covering for something?

He and Chris Dodd were at the heart of the housing mess. Dodd is already out.

Barney was in a relationship with the head of Fannie Mae. He obviously had a major conflict of interest. It would not matter whether that person was male or female, the conflict would still be there.

YardleyLabs
08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Here you go. Check away.

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/
Well it looks like they did something that is dramatically less honest than I would have expected of them. The budget they are labeling "2008" and attributing to Bush is actually the fiscal year 2007-08 budget ending 9/30/2008. They have attributed the 2008-09 budget, prepared by Bush and adopted under Bush and committed with massives supplements to fund TARP and the wars, the Obama. By the time Obama became President, most of the budget had already been spent with a deficit that ended up in excess of a trillion dollars. Hostorically, the practice has been to attributes budgets to the President that prepared and adopted them with footnotes concerning any modifications (up or down) made by the incoming President. The graph prepared by Heritage is simply dishonest and not appropriately labeled.

YardleyLabs
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
He and Chris Dodd were at the heart of the housing mess. Dodd is already out.

Barney was in a relationship with the head of Fannie Mae. He obviously had a major conflict of interest. It would not matter whether that person was male or female, the conflict would still be there.You are either passing on misinformation without checking it or simply distorting it yourself. Barney Frank had a relationship with Herb Moses that was very close (Frank referred to Moses as his spouse) and that also ended in 1998. Herb Moses was an economist (not the head or anywhere near it) at Fannie Mae. During the entire Bush administration, there was no relationship between them.

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 02:04 PM
The damage caused by Fannie and Freddie began long before Bush was in power. Bumble Barney served on the house banking commitee the entire time he was involved the guy.
Bush tried to reign in Fannie but Barney opposed it even saying there would be no housing bubble.

road kill
08-11-2010, 02:10 PM
You are either passing on misinformation without checking it or simply distorting it yourself. Barney Frank had a relationship with Herb Moses that was very close (Frank referred to Moses as his spouse) and that also ended in 1998. Herb Moses was an economist (not the head or anywhere near it) at Fannie Mae. During the entire Bush administration, there was no relationship between them.

This is an area Yardley does seem to be an expert in.

RK

M&K's Retrievers
08-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Well it looks like they did something that is dramatically less honest than I would have expected of them. The budget they are labeling "2008" and attributing to Bush is actually the fiscal year 2007-08 budget ending 9/30/2008. They have attributed the 2008-09 budget, prepared by Bush and adopted under Bush and committed with massives supplements to fund TARP and the wars, the Obama. By the time Obama became President, most of the budget had already been spent with a deficit that ended up in excess of a trillion dollars. Hostorically, the practice has been to attributes budgets to the President that prepared and adopted them with footnotes concerning any modifications (up or down) made by the incoming President. The graph prepared by Heritage is simply dishonest and not appropriately labeled.

Well, I just don't know who to believe.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Roger Perry
08-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Hey Rog, I didn't bring him up, Obama did.

When you put it that way, I don't bring up Bush's name either, other bloggers and people that write articles do. I just relay what they say. But that is a great answer, I will have to remember that. :snipersmile:

YardleyLabs
08-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Well, I just don't know who to believe.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Check the numbers for yourself. I did.

Buzz
08-12-2010, 09:54 AM
The damage caused by Fannie and Freddie began long before Bush was in power. Bumble Barney served on the house banking commitee the entire time he was involved the guy.
Bush tried to reign in Fannie but Barney opposed it even saying there would be no housing bubble.

I didn't know that when Republicans held the house, the senate, and the white house, Barney had dictatorial powers to overpower them.

road kill
08-12-2010, 12:49 PM
When you put it that way, I don't bring up Bush's name either, other bloggers and people that write articles do. I just relay what they say. But that is a great answer, I will have to remember that. :snipersmile:

Oh, so your thoughts are not original, they are somebody elses fault??

I'm shocked!!:shock:

RK

M&K's Retrievers
08-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Check the numbers for yourself. I did.

Didn't you notice the roll eyes?

YardleyLabs
08-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Didn't you notice the roll eyes?
I did. Maybe I assumed incorrectly that you were choosing to believe the Heritage numbers. In fact, I wouldn't believe anyone's numbers (including mine) without checking for myself. I was surprised by the budget information presented by Heritage since the deficit itself is easily verified on a daily basis with almost no delay.