PDA

View Full Version : Democrats, Advocacy Groups Blast Cuts to Food Stamps to Fund $26B Aid Bill

Eric Johnson
08-11-2010, 10:29 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/10/democrats-advocacy-groups-blast-cuts-food-stamps-fund-m-jobs/

http://tinyurl.com/2d7jttn

Some Democrats are upset and advocacy groups are outraged over the raiding of the food-stamp cupboard to fund a state-aid bailout that some call a gift to teachers and government union workers.

House members convened Tuesday and passed the multibillion-dollar bailout bill for cash-strapped states that provides $10 billion to school districts to rehire laid-off teachers or ensure that more teachers won't be let go before the new school year begins, keeping more than 160,000 teachers on the job, the Obama administration says.

But the bill also requires that $12 billion be stripped from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as food stamps, to help fund the new bill, prompting some Democrats to cringe at the notion of cutting back on one necessity to pay for another. The federal assistance program currently helps 41 million Americans.

-more-

ducknwork
08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Instead of cutting it across the board, they should eliminate the fraud in the system. Some people truly need the help...others, not so much.

Waiting for dnf to tell me more about my life of privilege regards...

luvmylabs23139
08-11-2010, 11:48 AM
The cuts don't take effect until 2014. You know between now and then they will just reverse the cuts. More slick accounting!

dnf777
08-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Instead of cutting it across the board, they should eliminate the fraud in the system. Some people truly need the help...others, not so much.

Waiting for dnf to tell me more about my life of privilege regards...

Why do I get drug into all these discussions? Hold your breath, and I'll get right back to you.....

ducknwork
08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Why do I get drug into all these discussions? Hold your breath, and I'll get right back to you.....

You know it's not dragging when you come willingly, right?;)

I just figured that you would be here shortly to tell me that if I really knew the people that were on food stamps, I would feel differently. But according to you, I wouldn't know anything about them due to the privileged life that I have led thus far.

Anybody wanna see how blue I turn holding my breath?

dnf777
08-11-2010, 11:57 AM
You know it's not dragging when you come willingly, right?;)

I just figured that you would be here shortly to tell me that if I really knew the people that were on food stamps, I would feel differently. But according to you, I wouldn't know anything about them due to the privileged life that I have led thus far.

Anybody wanna see how blue I turn holding my breath?

Keep figurin'...
And keep holding your breath....

ducknwork
08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/misc/holding_breath.jpg

dnf777
08-11-2010, 12:12 PM
http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/misc/holding_breath.jpg

LMAO! That's a good one! But you look a little older than you pic your posted on RK's thread! :eek:

I'm not going to get in a spittin' match with you one this one, as you comment pretty much summed up how I feel. Yes, there's abuse, and a lot of $#it-heads abusing the system.....but there are also those who need a hand...and I don't mind some of my tax dollars going to help. I'd rather that, than it going to tax relief for oil companies or bombs in Afghanistan.

ducknwork
08-11-2010, 12:21 PM
LMAO! That's a good one! But you look a little older than you pic your posted on RK's thread! :eek:

On a more serious note, my son (2yo in Oct) has got a real temper...They told us in the nursery just hours after he was born that he has a temper.:( Sometimes, when he doesn't get his way, most of the time it's over something stupid, he holds his breath until he looks like that picture. He has even passed out once or twice...When he decides to do that, there is nothing we can do to make him breath until he wants to...yikes...

road kill
08-11-2010, 12:52 PM
It's pretty simple;

You take money from people who will vote for you anyways and give it to undeserving people who may be on the edge and buy their votes.

$$$=VOTES

RK

dnf777
08-11-2010, 01:01 PM
On a more serious note, my son (2yo in Oct) has got a real temper...They told us in the nursery just hours after he was born that he has a temper.:( Sometimes, when he doesn't get his way, most of the time it's over something stupid, he holds his breath until he looks like that picture. He has even passed out once or twice...When he decides to do that, there is nothing we can do to make him breath until he wants to...yikes...

Speaking of a temper...I'm sure you heard of the flight attendant who cursed out the plane over the pa system, blew the emergency slide, grabbed two cold ones, and bolted.

Now THAT is funny! In the midst of all that anger and rage and acting out aggression, he had the wherewithal to stop and think, "I don't have any beer at home, I better grab a couple..."

Still LMAO at that one. I wonder what he's gonna say at his next job interview when they ask him 'why did you leave your last job'.....

troy schwab
08-11-2010, 01:05 PM
The cuts don't take effect until 2014. You know between now and then they will just reverse the cuts. More slick accounting!

That will be the absolute truth!!!! Mark the words....... What a joke. "well...... they are kind of paid for......... WHAT? ....... ohh.... we cant have that money????? mmmmmm...... lets just say thats how were payin for it........" Obama has this country by the short ones....... and is laughing himself to sleep every night......... What a crock!