PDA

View Full Version : November Predictions

road kill
08-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Do you have any?
What are they?

I will be in a tree somewhere most of November.

But I'll climb down to vote!!!:D

(and it WON'T be for Russ Feingold)

RK

BrianW
08-12-2010, 08:37 AM
1. There will not be many landslides, but rather razor thin margins of victory on both sides that will likely require recounts and numerous investigations of voting fraud.

2. The resulting legal battles in Federal court over "the will of the people" will make SB 1070 & Prop 8 look like firecrackers on the Fourth of July.

3. #1 & 2 will cause further animosity & polarization between sides, already at a fever pitch because of campaign charges, allegations & playing of class 'cards".

4. The President will take 'extraordinary measures" as a result of the legislative & judicial gridlock, exacerbating the accusations of "the Imperial Presidency" during the lame duck Congressional period..

Caveat: these are NOT hoped for occurrences so don't anyone go saying that I'm hoping for anarchy and chaos.

ducknwork
08-12-2010, 10:44 AM
1.Do you have any?
2.What are they?

RK

1. Yes

2. I am going to kill some ducks and my dog will retrieve them for me. Then I will kill some more ducks. Repeat as often as possible.

BonMallari
08-12-2010, 10:58 AM
November predictions

1.Texas will kick the crap out of A&M on Thanksgiving weekend

2. Auburn will knock Alabama out of the NC picture

2A. FSU knocks Florida out of the NC picture

3. the Big Ten season will be over and they will go idle until they get their butts whipped in a bowl game

4. LSU will be shopping for a new head coach

5. we will all be complaining about the mid term elections and speculating about who will run in 2012

5. Boise St. will again get screwed out of the NC picture but will be undefeated

ducknwork
08-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh, let me add that by then, you guys will be insanely jealous of my first place fantasy football squad.:D

aandw
08-12-2010, 11:07 AM
November predictions

1.Texas will kick the crap out of A&M on Thanksgiving weekend

2. Auburn will knock Alabama out of the NC picture

2A. FSU knocks Florida out of the NC picture

3. the Big Ten season will be over and they will go idle until they get their butts whipped in a bowl game

4. LSU will be shopping for a new head coach

5. we will all be complaining about the mid term elections and speculating about who will run in 2012

5. Boise St. will again get screwed out of the NC picture but will be undefeated

1. boring, texas has 2nd & 3rd string that would start for A&M
2. not sure we will be in the NC pic anyway. @ ark., @lsu & florida @ home
2a. best chance FSU has is this year
3. big ten is a joke
4. i hope LSU keeps miles. he is a moron.
5. yep
6. they don't deserve it. they need to sched 4 top 20 teams outside of conference every year. SEC sched has more than that in conference.

kjrice
08-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Obama's staff will triple with him adding congressmen that are losing or going to lose to try and save his agenda.

Cody Covey
08-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Texas has a team this year?

BonMallari
08-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Texas has a team this year?

yup I think we will go 10-2-2-1

10 wins

2 losses

2 arrests

1 conviction

BOOK EM HORNS

aandw
08-12-2010, 04:58 PM
we have one under ncaa investigation, (miami beach party) and one that isn't practicing because of problems with the heat. but they practiced indoors yesterday and he didn't go and he is not listed on the 105 man roster. sounds fishy.
RTR

Gerry Clinchy
08-12-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38675047/ns/politics/

It would appear that the Ds are predicting that illegal immigration will be a pretty important issue in November :-)

Guess all those who believe illegal immigration deserves such attention should say thank you to AZ for bringing the pot to a boil.

Senate historian Donald Ritchie said it was only the second time since the August break became official policy in 1970 that the Senate had reconvened. The first time was after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Interestingly, Katrina was a natural disaster that could not have been predicted in its severity, while the issue of illegal immigration (or even the teaching jobs) is something that could have been done as part of the natural course of business.

Wonder how much it cost to let all those guys go home & then come back again; and then go home again?

road kill
08-12-2010, 05:06 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38675047/ns/politics/

It would appear that the Ds are predicting that illegal immigration will be a pretty important issue in November :-)

Guess all those who believe illegal immigration deserves such attention should say thank you to AZ for bringing the pot to a boil.

Interestingly, Katrina was a natural disaster that could not have been predicted in its severity, while the issue of illegal immigration (or even the teaching jobs) is something that could have been done as part of the natural course of business.

Wonder how much it cost to let all those guys go home & then come back again; and then go home again?

I beleive (and no, I don't have a link to support it) that this Illegal Immigration thing will come to a head and it won't be pretty!!

RK

luvmylabs23139
08-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Murder suspect twice deported....

The suspect in the fatal shooting of a 14-year-old Houston girl was an illegal immigrant from El Salvador who previously was deported twice by immigration officials, authorities said.

Melvin Alvarado, 22, was convicted of two separate intoxicated driving offenses in Harris County in 2006 and 2007, criminal records show. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail in connection with the last arrest in November 2007.

Gregory Palmore, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman, said immigration officials removed Alvarado from the country in April 2008 and again in May 2009. Palmore said it was unclear from his records whether Alvarado was picked up directly from Harris County Jail after the last intoxicated driving conviction.

The second suspect in the fatal shooting of Shatavia Anderson on Saturday, Jonathan Lopez-Torres, 18, was a lawful permanent resident from Honduras, Palmore said. According to Harris County records, Lopez-Torres was arrested and accused of auto theft in February 2009. That charge was later dismissed.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7150691.html (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7150691.html)

The two suspects allegedly saw Anderson as merely a "target of opportunity" for an armed robbery, Houston police homicide detectives said Wednesday.

Alvarado and Lopez-Torres were charged Wednesday with capital murder in the Saturday slaying of Anderson, who was known as "Tae" to her friends and family. They were being held without bond at Harris County Jail.

Kisha Lambert, the girl's mother, was relieved when detectives called her Wednesday with the news of the arrests.

"I get to put my daughter to rest and let her know that her killers have been caught," Lambert said.

Anderson was shot in the back while she was walking home to her northside apartment in the 1100 block of Langwick. She was last seen alive around 12:30 a.m.

Alvarado fled after grabbing some of the girl's belongings, including jewelry, a cell phone and her purse, police said. The purse was found in the woods near the teen's body around 9 a.m., said Sgt. Billy Bush of the Houston police homicide division.

A witness saw the shooting and gave investigators sufficient details about the suspect for a composite sketch. The same witness later identified Alvarado as the killer, police said.

Lopez-Torres was the driver, police said. He dropped Alvarado off after the pair saw Anderson walking alone on the street, police said.

"It was very cruel," Lambert said of her daughter's slaying. "She didn't have nothing worth them taking her life over."

Lopez-Torres was taken into custody late Tuesday and brought to HPD headquarters for questioning. Alvarado surrendered later, police said.

"They pretty much gave up each other," said Chris Sturdivant, an HPD homicide detective.

Bush called the capture of the two suspects "the most fulfilling thing I've ever done."

"She was 14, plain and simple," he said. "It was tough, but we've got them in custody. They're off the street."

This one is brand new in the sanctuary city of Huston, TX.

Bayou Magic
08-12-2010, 07:30 PM
1. boring, texas has 2nd & 3rd string that would start for A&M
2. not sure we will be in the NC pic anyway. @ ark., @lsu & florida @ home
2a. best chance FSU has is this year
3. big ten is a joke
4. i hope LSU keeps miles. he is a moron. This is Miles last year in Tiger Town...at least I hope and pray that is the case!
5. yep
6. they don't deserve it. they need to sched 4 top 20 teams outside of conference every year. SEC sched has more than that in conference.

yup I think we will go 10-2-2-1

10 wins

2 losses

2 arrests

1 conviction

BOOK EM HORNS

Bon, that is hilarious! (And might just come to pass.)

fp

fetchtx
08-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Yep UT prepares them for winning games and also speed in getaways, fighting in strip bars, becoming a pro player pothead, and best of all getting fitted for another shade of orange for faster roadside trash pickup. Of course this all happens while Mac Brown keeps getting huge raises and UT is laying off employees.

aandw
08-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Yep UT prepares them for winning games and also speed in getaways, fighting in strip bars, becoming a pro player pothead, and best of all getting fitted for another shade of orange for faster roadside trash pickup. Of course this all happens while Mac Brown keeps getting huge raises and UT is laying off employees.

you must be a A&M fan. that must suck.

Franco
08-13-2010, 10:47 AM
November, huh.

Thanksgiving Day...Saints march into Jerry World at 3pm CST and pluck the Cowboys right in front of Jerry's suite ending all speculation as to which team reigns supreme in the NFC!

Bress tosses 3TD's, Reggie gets 2 TD's one receiving and one rushing. Rookie TE Jimmy Graham has a breakout afternoon with 8 receptions.
Saints D under 2nd year DC Gregg Williams is suffocating.

;-)

ducknwork
08-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Franco, I have some really bad news for you. Brees is not going to make it through this season injury free. He's been hit by the Madden Curse.:evilbat:

It's gonna be a long season...better pick up Ramsey for your fantasy squad and hope he gets more protection than in Washington...:shock::shock:

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/misc/sportspickle0ececda17e8821c0c0a3f58a111fdcae1.jpg

Franco
08-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Brees is gonna break the Madden Curse. He assured all fans that he was going to stay healthy.

Right now Chase Daniels would be the hier to Brees's spot. We really like what we've seen from Chase and he is as gutzy as they come!

Ducknwork, have you read Brees' book? A bit too religious for me but, still a good read. I much prefered Sean Payton's book as it was more about football.

ducknwork
08-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Haven't read the book. I may have to check into it. I need to expand my horizons beyond my Ducks Unlimited magazines and Cabelas catalogs...:p;-)

BonMallari
08-13-2010, 12:42 PM
November, huh.

Thanksgiving Day...Saints march into Jerry World at 3pm CST and pluck the Cowboys right in front of Jerry's suite ending all speculation as to which team reigns supreme in the NFC!

Bress tosses 3TD's, Reggie gets 2 TD's one receiving and one rushing. Rookie TE Jimmy Graham has a breakout afternoon with 8 receptions.
Saints D under 2nd year DC Gregg Williams is suffocating.

;-)

Considering my Boys couldnt even put the Raiders away last night that isnt exactly going out on a limb...the Cowboys will ride with Romo and Coach Wade until they break the hearts of fans ...I have been spoiled by Staubach and Aikman, ...Tony Romo is another Gary Hogeboom, a big arm gunslinger that eventually gets gunned down by some team with solid fundamentals and a good game plan

ducknwork
08-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Tony Romo is another Gary Hogeboom, a big arm gunslinger that eventually gets gunned down by some team with solid fundamentals and a good game plan

He's still my hero. He dated Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson...

TWO out of my top 5 celebs...

Drooling regards,

Cody Covey
08-13-2010, 03:12 PM
at basically the same time :)

BonMallari
08-13-2010, 03:59 PM

Drooling regards,

Yup and he could seal the deal there either :p:p...some QB's are just born winners and they will their teams to victory even if its ugly...Romo aint one of them

Marvin S
08-13-2010, 04:13 PM

Drooling regards,

If he's no better off the field than he is on, Do You Think He Scored?

Franco
08-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Just some of the perks of being the Cowboy's QB and being single.

I have more respect for Romo after last season though I'm not convinced they can win big with him at QB. Romo played a great game in the Super Dome handing the Saints thier first loss in week 14. Though both Saints starting Corners were out for that game, we still lost by 7 points. And, Romo did lead his team to 3 wins over the Eagles last season.

Every season is different and I think the NFC will come down to either the Saints, Cowboys or Packers.

I loved Sean Payton's comments to Bill O'Reilly during the offseason. Bill said to Sean, "No way you guys are going to repeat". Sean said, "We are already planning for it".;-)