PDA

View Full Version : Deerskin, Ainley or Mountaintop

Pudelpointer
08-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Based only on quality and build, on a slide in, how would you rate the three and why?

labraiser
08-14-2010, 10:52 PM
AINLEY hands down, great customer sevice, honest, great product, good prices, ontime delivery. I have both kennels and drawers sytem in my truck and also 4 hole trailer from them too. Not one problem ever.

Scott

Butch Chambers
08-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Ainley is the best! Quality, price and service.

clint
08-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Ainley Kennels - best!!! wonderful customer service. Best engineering designs and quality.

Deersking - Very nice product! Been in the business forever...

Mountaintop - No comment

Pudelpointer
08-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Mountaintop no comment, meaning don't know product, or would rather not say? I appreciate all of those who have responded.

WindyCreek
08-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I have a three hole Mountaintop Slide In, very happy with it, has held up well and is a great set up for me.

TheBear
08-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Mountaintop is the only one of the three that I have owned, and I am very pleased with it. Great folks to deal with!

M. Smith
08-21-2010, 10:22 PM
I had a Mountaintop 2 hole slide in with top storage and elctric fan. Was very pleased with the craftmanship, overall quality, and service. Ben and John are good folks to deal with or at least they were 4 or 5 years ago.

carolinagold
08-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Mountaintop has top notch quality . I have 4 hole topper on Mazda very satisfied. Promised ladder with original deal have never received it called twice and was told no problem several years later I still lift my 70 pound golden into the box.
________
cheap easy vape vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/easy-vape)

Doug Moore
08-22-2010, 10:27 PM
If you are very picky like I am and attention to detail such as symmetry, water tight etc... is important I would suggest Burns, Ainley or Deerskin in no particular order. The MTCK I have seen were a mess.

Blklab
08-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Sorry for slightly changing the subject but what size do most of you get for the dog compartment? I have been looking and noticed that several of them come pretty small.

346ci
09-08-2010, 04:47 PM
We have Ainley and Deerskin. I think they are both well constructed. Deerskin seems to be the most popular though. Burns and Scott trailers are great too.

DKR
09-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Is Burns still in business? If so does anyone have contact information?

Thanks

Blklab
09-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Just saw a two hole Owen's with top storage for sale. Says great condition and he wants around 300. Anybody have any word on Owen's? Any good?

Pudelpointer
09-09-2010, 10:54 AM

Thanks

I do not think that Burns is still making boxes, I tried to locate them and could not. I bought a new Mountaintop 2 hole slide in and I am VERY happy with it so far. Main reason for going Mountaintop was that they are drivable from where I live, shipping cost from Deerskin or Ainley was too expensive. If I have a problem I can get to them to have it addressed. They seem to be very good hard working people who are very proud of the product they make.

Pudelpointer
09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Just saw a two hole Owen's with top storage for sale. Says great condition and he wants around 300. Anybody have any word on Owen's? Any good?

I have a friend who has an Owens box and he is very happy with it. It is very sturdy on the outside but I do not like his box because the insulation is exposed on the inside, I have a dog who is very high energy and he sometimes will dig in his box if another dog comes out before him, he would destroy the inside in one outing.

Blklab
09-09-2010, 03:19 PM
I have a friend who has an Owens box and he is very happy with it. It is very sturdy on the outside but I do not like his box because the insulation is exposed on the inside, I have a dog who is very high energy and he sometimes will dig in his box if another dog comes out before him, he would destroy the inside in one outing.

Thanks... My other question is, it is only a 18" high compartment. Seems small for a lab is that what size most are?

SCOTT C.
09-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks... My other question is, it is only a 18" high compartment. Seems small for a lab is that what size most are?

I had an owens for my first box. It was very well made, but the height was short. I have average size labs (the biggest i have is 70 pounds) and they had to lay down to fit, which is not a bad thing but not much room to stretch. Also the insulation was only corrigated plastic like the sign material, so the insulation properties where not good. But the welding, sterdiness and overall structure was very good.

I now have a three hole mountain top that I am real happy with.

Doug Moore
09-09-2010, 10:15 PM

Thanks

Mr. Burns sold the business but stayed on for a while to keep things smooth. The new owner is named Larry. PM sent on contact info.