PDA

View Full Version : Was there no interest among the libs...

Uncle Bill
08-16-2010, 11:23 AM
...concerning Chelsea's wedding? Didn't notice any thread discussing that family affair. But I did run across an interesting tidbit that confirms what goes around comes around. Enjoy the irony.

UB

It Figures.........we tend to marry into families who share like values!
By: John Popovich

Before I came to Cincinnati, I was a news reporter at WOC in Davenport Iowa. I covered a lot of city council and a lot of political stuff. One of the guys I covered was Ed Mezvinsky, who was the Congressman from Iowa's first district. Seemed like a pretty nice guy, but when he ditched his wife for a New York reporter, the Iowa voters ditched him. My most vivid memory is that he sat on the House Judiciary Committee that was deciding the fate of President Nixon. Anyway, years later, "Fast Eddie" got caught with his hand in the till. He cheated investors out of more than $10 million dollars. He went to prison for several years. This weekend, his son married Chelsea Clinton.

duckheads
08-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Hillary was talking with Chelsea before the wedding and asked " Have you had sex with Marc?"

Chelsea replyed "not according to DAD!"

dnf777
08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Hillary was talking with Chelsea before the wedding and asked " Have you had sex with Marc?"

Chelsea replyed "not according to DAD!"

At least Hilary, unlike Sarah, has to ask!! :rolleyes:

duckheads
08-16-2010, 03:57 PM
It was a freaking joke and you bring up Sarah. Give me a break. Why do you libs dislike Sarah so much. How many of your liberal women support hunting? How many support any of our outdoor activities that most on here enjoy? Man I really would like to see her go back into politics and win. So many of you libs would get your panties so bunched up it would be funny to see!

Buzz
08-16-2010, 04:01 PM
It was a freaking joke and you bring up Sarah.

It would not be a joke without bringing Sara into it.

If Republicans want to nominate Sara, I say God Bless 'um!

dnf777
08-16-2010, 04:10 PM
It was a freaking joke and you bring up Sarah. Give me a break. Why do you libs dislike Sarah so much. How many of your liberal women support hunting? How many support any of our outdoor activities that most on here enjoy? Man I really would like to see her go back into politics and win. So many of you libs would get your panties so bunched up it would be funny to see!

uh, excuse me. I made a freakin' joke too!

Take a freakin pill, man! Or enema, whatever your problem is!

Oh, and what's stopping her from entering the race and winning?

road kill
08-16-2010, 04:12 PM
It would not be a joke without bringing Sara into it.

If Republicans want to nominate Sara, I say God Bless 'um!

Really?

So, if Sarah ran against Obama today, who would win??

Should we put up a poll?

RK

dnf777
08-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Really?

So, if Sarah ran against Obama today, who would win??

Should we put up a poll?

RK

No, just nominate her and let's see the REAL poll in November!

On second thought, that would be denying the AMerican voter a viable choice....strike the thought.

road kill
08-16-2010, 04:28 PM
No, just nominate her and let's see the REAL poll in November!

On second thought, that would be denying the AMerican voter a viable choice....strike the thought.

Is that your "middle of the road independent" opinion??

ROTFALMMFAO!!!!!!!!:D

Your so funny......

RK

dnf777
08-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Is that your "middle of the road independent" opinion??

ROTFALMMFAO!!!!!!!!:D

Your so funny......

RK

you think she is a viable candidate? Really? Really??
Why is she signing up for reality tv shows? Is that how you launch a serious political career?

I didn't mean that to be so funny. I meant it to say that I would like a good, conservative candidate to oppose Obama. But like Carlin said, we just get to vote to make us think we have a choice. They're all owned anyway, so it probably doesn't matter. I don't want Obama to have another term, without having to answer to his first. Running Sarah would likely result in him taking lots of tee times in Hawaii and keeping his mouth shut, and letting her doom herself. Not want I want to see in a presidential election.

road kill
08-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Why is she signing up for reality tv shows? Is that how you launch a serious political career?

I didn't mean that to be so funny. I meant it to say that I would like a good, conservative candidate to oppose Obama. But like Carlin said, we just get to vote to make us think we have a choice. They're all owned anyway, so it probably doesn't matter. I don't want Obama to have another term, without having to answer to his first. Running Sarah would likely result in him taking lots of tee times in Hawaii and keeping his mouth shut, and letting her doom herself. Not want I want to see in a presidential election.
I never said she was a viable candidate, I said she would defeat Obama today.
More a comment on Obama than Palin.

And when we true conservatives need advise from the likes of you for our candidate choices, we are truly finished as a party and a nation.

RK

dnf777
08-16-2010, 04:55 PM
I never said she was a viable candidate, I said she would defeat Obama today.
More a comment on Obama than Palin.

And when we true conservatives need advise from the likes of you for our candidate choices, we are truly finished as a party and a nation.

RK

thanks to the likes of your party, we almost are done as a country! I just hope we can pull them out of the fire before more big-business republicans regain control and finish us off for good. Came damn close in '08, and the big business democrats aren't much better anyway.

But hey, you just go on and keep pickin' 'em........More bush and palins! That'll protect us from republican control for a while!

YOU funny! You vewww-y funny!

BTW...how's that barn-burner doing up against Reid in Nevada? That should have been a shoe-in, but ya screwed that one good! Now its a race.

road kill
08-16-2010, 04:58 PM
thanks to the likes of your party, we almost are done as a country! I just hope we can pull them out of the fire before more big-business republicans regain control and finish us off for good. Came damn close in '08, and the big business democrats aren't much better anyway.

But hey, you just go on and keep pickin' 'em........More bush and palins! That'll protect us from republican control for a while!

YOU funny! You vewww-y funny!

BTW...how's that barn-burner doing up against Reid in Nevada? That should have been a shoe-in, but ya screwed that one good! Now its a race.

OK Roger, ooops, I mean Dave.:rolleyes:

RK

dnf777
08-16-2010, 05:03 PM
OK Roger, ooops, I mean Dave.:rolleyes:

RK

I'm not talking about the past. I'm talking Jeb and Sarah.

Do we really want to drop our courtesy and start name calling?

I don't, and I thought it was beneath you.

WaterDogRem
08-16-2010, 05:06 PM

Who's "we" in "hope we can pull them out of the fire"? And are you saying the country was saved from totally burning? If so, by who?

dnf777
08-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Who's "we" in "hope we can pull them out of the fire"? And are you saying the country was saved from totally burning? If so, by who?

My friends in the financial business said that not many people realize just how close we came to a total financial collapse. Where you're ATM stops putting out, and your bank accounts go "bye-bye". The bailout and stimulus packages, which I credit/blame both Bush and Obama, appeared to have been necessary evils. Having those on our balance sheets for many years to come, I would hope to return to a more fiscally responsible budget very soon.

road kill
08-16-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm not talking about the past. I'm talking Jeb and Sarah.

Do we really want to drop our courtesy and start name calling?

I don't, and I thought it was beneath you.

Is "Roger" a bad name now??

I was commenting on your style (or lack there of).

And, just a short time back, you showed that it isn't beneath you.......

Or are you the pencil-necked geek who felt the need to speak up like I predicted?

Game, Set & Match........
RK

Franco
08-16-2010, 07:49 PM
My friends in the financial business said that not many people realize just how close we came to a total financial collapse. Where you're ATM stops putting out, and your bank accounts go "bye-bye". The bailout and stimulus packages, which I credit/blame both Bush and Obama, appeared to have been necessary evils. Having those on our balance sheets for many years to come, I would hope to return to a more fiscally responsible budget very soon.

The Wall St bailout kept the crooks that help create the mess in business by bailing them out. They have had major influence with all Presidents over the last 17 years!

If regular folks that have thier money in an insured FDIC covered program, there better not be a problem. If the FDIC goes belly up, then any bailout consideration should be for the folks! Not the scoundrels on The Street!

One has to ask, why are we not prosecuting those that made the laws, then profited by them?

dnf777
08-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Is "Roger" a bad name now??

I was commenting on your style (or lack there of).

And, just a short time back, you showed that it isn't beneath you.......

Game, Set & Match........
RK

Being a non-obese intellect is a bad name now? ;)

dnf777
08-16-2010, 08:54 PM
The Wall St bailout kept the crooks that help create the mess in business by bailing them out. They have had major influence with all Presidents over the last 17 years!

If regular folks that have thier money in an insured FDIC covered program, there better not be a problem. If the FDIC goes belly up, then any bailout consideration should be for the folks! Not the scoundrels on The Street!

One has to ask, why are we not prosecuting those that made the laws, then profited by them?

Good question.
But in the mean time, you and I would still have been screwed.

Franco
08-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Good question.
But in the mean time, you and I would still have been screwed.

Not if the government had the correct priorities.

I am against all bailouts but , if the money was going to bailout someone, screw Wall St give the money back to the taxpayers! Hell of a lot cheaper than bailing out out trillions in bad investments these fools conceived.

Had the financial systems collapsed, the tax payer is all we have left! They must survive. Not some greedy moneychanger.

JDogger
08-16-2010, 09:35 PM
...concerning Chelsea's wedding? Didn't notice any thread discussing that family affair. But I did run across an interesting tidbit that confirms what goes around comes around. Enjoy the irony.

UB

Next time do a search.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58447&highlight=chelsea+clinton

Welcome back Bill,

:)JD

depittydawg
08-16-2010, 10:58 PM

Come on. You have to admit, Sarah is the funniest thing that happened in America since Carol Burnett.

M&K's Retrievers
08-16-2010, 11:44 PM
Come on. You have to admit, Sarah is the funniest thing that happened in America since Carol Burnett.

What exactly has she said or done that's funny?

JDogger
08-16-2010, 11:47 PM
What exactly has she said or done that's funny?

C'mon Mike...she does a great Tina Fey. :p JD

M&K's Retrievers
08-16-2010, 11:59 PM
C'mon Mike...she does a great Tina Fey. :p JD

Turn out the lights when your finished.

dnf777
08-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Not if the government had the correct priorities.

I am against all bailouts but , if the money was going to bailout someone, screw Wall St give the money back to the taxpayers! Hell of a lot cheaper than bailing out out trillions in bad investments these fools conceived.

Had the financial systems collapsed, the tax payer is all we have left! They must survive. Not some greedy moneychanger.

Right. But multinationals will just run with their hides and assets to stable regions of the world until things stabilize, people are hungry, then move back and have much cheaper, eager, labor.

road kill
08-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Being a non-obese intellect is a bad name now? ;)

That's not what you posted.

RK

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Next time do a search.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58447&highlight=chelsea+clinton

Welcome back Bill,

:)JD

Oh, the infamous thread that was started by the one whose name I shall no longer mention started, then got everyone confused, then refused to clarify what he was talking about (on multiple occasions), then took his ball and went home. Ahhh...I remember it well...

road kill
08-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Oh, the infamous thread that was started by the one whose name I shall no longer mention started, then got everyone confused, then refused to clarify what he was talking about (on multiple occasions), then took his ball and went home. Ahhh...I remember it well...

Maybe HE didn't know???

RK

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Maybe HE didn't know???

RK

Perish the thought!

dnf777
08-17-2010, 07:06 AM

You know, thats BULLSHIT and you know it. Get off your fetish, Duck. I'm beginning to think you have a thing for me, and that makes me most nauseated. That question was answered ad nauseam, you just chose to ignore it.

road kill
08-17-2010, 07:07 AM
You know, thats BULLSHIT and you know it. Get off your fetish, Duck. I'm beginning to think you have a thing for me, and that makes me most nauseated. That question was answered ad nauseam, you just chose to ignore it.
Are you admiitting "homophobia??"

That's not very "tolerant!!"

RK

dnf777
08-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Are you admiitting "homophobia??"

That's not very "tolerant!!"

RK

You know very well I've said many times its not "my cup of tea". I have no problem with you, duck or Gibson doing whatever you choose to do in your own space, but I don't want any part of it, myself.

I guess the LarryCraigConservatives are not as rare as once believed??

(that's a joke, Duck....do ya'll have any sense of humor below the MDL?? BHAWASASASADAFKDFJAsaaa!!!! You laughing along too?)

Its time to lighten up. I realize you guys are just yankin' my chain, as well as the other non-RWEs on the list. NOBODY is really that stupid, I know you guys have much more sense that the crap that's been spewed!

Have a good one.

road kill
08-17-2010, 07:23 AM
You know very well I've said many times its not "my cup of tea". I have no problem with you, duck or Gibson doing whatever you choose to do in your own space, but I don't want any part of it, myself.

(that's a joke, Duck....do ya'll have any sense of humor below the MDL?? BHAWASASASADAFKDFJAsaaa!!!! You laughing along too?)

Its time to lighten up. I realize you guys are just yankin' my chain, as well as the other non-RWEs on the list. NOBODY is really that stupid, I know you guys have much more sense that the crap that's been spewed!

Have a good one.

Well, I am just "yankin'" your chain.

RK

dnf777
08-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Well, I am just "yankin'" your chain.

RK

I think there's a lot of that going on around here lately. :D

With Gibson on hiatus, you guys gotta step it up, I know

Keeps it interesting...

david gibson
08-17-2010, 08:38 AM
I think there's a lot of that going on around here lately. :D

With Gibson on hiatus, you guys gotta step it up, I know

Keeps it interesting...

whooooa there nelly. i go on haitus, have a few moments this morning to peek in the playroom, and i see my name drug up twice by you! are there other instances in posts i havent looked at? shudder the thought!

Get off your fetish, dave. I'm beginning to think you have a thing for me, and that makes me most nauseated.

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 08:39 AM

I was seriously asking for clarification on what you were talking about so I could understand what was going on and maybe hold a decent discussion on it. You denied me an answer 2 or 3 times, even after I made it clear I wasn't screwing with you and I really wanted to know what you meant. Contrary to whatever you thought (and what you kept telling us that we knew), your intention with that post WAS NOT CLEAR AT ALL!

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 08:41 AM

Have a good one.

Get a life.

PS Why are you laughing in swahili?:confused:

dnf777
08-17-2010, 08:42 AM
whooooa there nelly. i go on haitus, have a few moments this morning to peek in the playroom, and i see my name drug up twice by you! are there other instances in posts i havent looked at? shudder the thought!

Get off your fetish, dave. I'm beginning to think you have a thing for me, and that makes me most nauseated.

HEY! Whaddya know?

I only mentioned you in the highest esteem!

Welcome back!

No fetishes, but you are the Clubber Lang to my Rocky! :D

dnf777
08-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Get a life.

PS Why are you laughing in swahili?:confused:

So you can understand me.

Only someone who speaks Swahili would have recognized that!

Ebu-Kunyeah! regards....("have a drink, and relax" in Swahili)

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 08:48 AM
So you can understand me.

Only someone who speaks Swahili would have recognized that!

Ebu-Kunyeah! regards....("have a drink, and relax" in Swahili)

Maybe doctors and pilots can get away with drinking on the job, but that's a good way for machinists and toolmakers get fingers chopped off.

dnf777
08-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Maybe doctors and pilots can get away with drinking on the job, but that's a good way for machinists and toolmakers get fingers chopped off.

Now WHY do you have to go and attack my profession like that?

And FYI, there is NO more regulated profession than medicine. I've been fingerprinted, background checked, and pay more in licensing fees than anyone I know. One wiff of EtOH on my breath, and its all down the drain.

So I would urge you to not get so personal in the first place, but if you do, get your facts from somewhere close to reality than old Western movies.

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Now WHY do you have to go and attack my profession like that?

And FYI, there is NO more regulated profession than medicine. I've been fingerprinted, background checked, and pay more in licensing fees than anyone I know. One wiff of EtOH on my breath, and its all down the drain.

So I would urge you to not get so personal in the first place, but if you do, get your facts from somewhere close to reality than old Western movies.

See, I thought we had squashed the beef and got back to a point where we could kid with each other again. I'll defend this previous statement like you would.

If you read what I actually wrote and stop making inferences and assumptions about what you think I meant, then you would realize that I never accused you of drinking on the job. I used the word 'maybe' at the beginning of my statement, therefore removing all possible accusation. How about you stop misconstruing everything I say? If you can't do that, I may have to leave for a week.

Ewww...I don't like pretending to be you...I feel so, so....dirty...I think I need a shower.:(

dnf777
08-17-2010, 10:45 AM
See, I thought we had squashed the beef and got back to a point where we could kid with each other again. I'll defend this previous statement like you would.

If you read what I actually wrote and stop making inferences and assumptions about what you think I meant, then you would realize that I never accused you of drinking on the job. I used the word 'maybe' at the beginning of my statement, therefore removing all possible accusation. How about you stop misconstruing everything I say? If you can't do that, I may have to leave for a week.

Ewww...I don't like pretending to be you...I feel so, so....dirty...I think I need a shower.:(

Wow, that was a Johnny Cochran explanation if I've ever heard one! But ok, I'll buy that. And yes, if you were me, you would need a shower....remember, I deal with A$$-holes all day. (not just at work, either!) :eek::eek:

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Wow, that was a Johnny Cochran explanation if I've ever heard one! But ok, I'll buy that. And yes, if you were me, you would need a shower....remember, I deal with A$$-holes all day. (not just at work, either!) :eek::eek:

That explains the stench.;)

Julie R.
08-17-2010, 11:23 AM

Even though like dback said awhile ago, it kinda makes me feel dirty and nasty agreeing with certain viewpoints, I agree Palin's not doing herself any favors with the path she's on. After all, everyone knows the proper way to advance one's political career would be appearing on the View and assorted late night talk shows. Humor's also good, especially joshing about the handicapped & the Special Olympics on Leno.