PDA

View Full Version : Conversation with Some of America's Finest

road kill
08-16-2010, 04:40 PM
It was my pleasure to ride with the Veterans of America Motocycle Club this past weekend.

Awesome bunch of men & women!!

It was my HONOR to have talked with a couple of fine young Marines just back from Iraq.
Terrific guys, intelligent, well spoken, courteous and respectful.
Something dramatically missing in so many today.

When the discussion turned to the Mosques it was quite disturbing what they had to share.

In Iraq, the Muslims are dancing in the streets and taunting the US personnel about their VICTORY in building the Mosque in the place where they brought America to it's knees.

They also claim that many of the Muslims beleive they have a Muslim in the Whitehouse.

Has anyone else heard this from any of our returning HERO'S??

These young warriors were stunned that there is no mention of this in the accomplice/press.

Now mind you, I have no links to support this, just the word of 2 MEN who just finished SERVING their country with HONOR and DIGNITY.

I am sure we will find a link from Huffington or a multi paragraph monologue opening with "Actually......blah blah blah...."

I am just sharing what these Marines told us.

In the off chance these men where HONEST about what they encountered, gives pause folks.

I highlighted some important words that some here have NO grasp of!!

RK

road kill
08-16-2010, 07:55 PM
How about one of you "middle of the road independents" commenting on thses HROIC men who fight for your freedoms?

Tell me how it's all a mis understanding and that they didn't really see this.

Tell me about how tolerant we should be.

RK

Gerry Clinchy
08-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Stan, maybe one of those Marines should send a letter to Mssrs. Bloomberg and Obama?

There is no question that what we perceive as following our laws could easily be perceived differently by another culture. Not reason for us to abandon our respect for our laws ... but certainly our freedom of speech can be used to exert public pressure for reconsideration on the part of those who would build the project in that location.

I wonder if those taunters are paying attention to the fact that the general population is NOT in favor of the project?

road kill
08-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Stan, maybe one of those Marines should send a letter to Mssrs. Bloomberg and Obama?

There is no question that what we perceive as following our laws could easily be perceived differently by another culture. Not reason for us to abandon our respect for our laws ... but certainly our freedom of speech can be used to exert public pressure for reconsideration on the part of those who would build the project in that location.

I wonder if those taunters are paying attention to the fact that the general population is NOT in favor of the project?
They were astonished that these events were not being reported here in the states.

Proof would be the "independent middle of the roaders" here who won't touch this thread.

These guys were also dismayed that our efforts in Iraq are portrayed as a failure, yet they claim huge improvements in the lives of the Iraqi's.

The resident "know-it-all's" silence on these points speaks volumes.:D

RK

Gerry Clinchy
08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
I remember when the Americans first took over in Iraq, the people were practically dancing in the streets to be rid of Saddam.

I do wonder why there hasn't been more made of the positive things that have happened in Iraq. I have a hard time believing that nothing good has come of the Americans being there. Maybe I'm too naive?

road kill
08-17-2010, 07:59 PM
I remember when the Americans first took over in Iraq, the people were practically dancing in the streets to be rid of Saddam.

I do wonder why there hasn't been more made of the positive things that have happened in Iraq. I have a hard time believing that nothing good has come of the Americans being there. Maybe I'm too naive?
If the media were to admit that, it would be admitting something good for George Bush.

They can't.

Again, these young men detailed some very nice things that have happened in Iraq courtesy of the good old Red, White & Blue!!

RK

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Every time my brothers have been over there, they say the news is NOT EVEN CLOSE to telling the truth about our accomplishments there.

Gerry Clinchy
08-17-2010, 08:40 PM
What a shame. We complain a lot about the "opinion" media ... the guys like Rush & Olberman all the others that both sides love to hate. Yet, the "news" media is doing a disservice in not reporting any of the positive results of American presence there.

It is perhaps shameful that there is no one in the media that is willing to do so. Or do the editors just push those stories aside?

depittydawg
08-17-2010, 08:51 PM
If the media were to admit that, it would be admitting something good for George Bush.

They can't.

Again, these young men detailed some very nice things that have happened in Iraq courtesy of the good old Red, White & Blue!!

RK

Something good could have happened in Iraq from the US presence. Unfortunately, it was all about money and power. It was never about the Iraqi or the American people. The prize was the looting of the US treasury. The actions of the bush administration, the lack of oversight from congressional leadership at that time and the effects of what transpired leave little room for doubt.

M&K's Retrievers
08-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Something good could have happened in Iraq from the US presence. Unfortunately, it was all about money and power. It was never about the Iraqi or the American people. The prize was the looting of the US treasury. The actions of the bush administration, the lack of oversight from congressional leadership at that time and the effects of what transpired leave little room for doubt.

DS, get a grip.:grab:

road kill
08-18-2010, 06:07 AM

So we should hide / lie about what is really happening there?

And what does this rant have to do with the OP???

RK