PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts...

JDogger
08-16-2010, 09:26 PM
...after a four-day hiatus, and spending a little time catching up.

OK. I've got 1400 posts. Let's say two minutes each. 2X1400=2800 minutes.
I probably spend ten times as much time reading, as responding.
So, 28000 minutes. 28000 minutes didvided by 60 minutes = 466 hours divided by 24 hours = 19.44 days, call it 20.
Before POTUS, I never posted or read much, (ya know, name my puppy threads, FF problems, I just got a CDX, football etc.)
Just quesstimating now, that 75% of my activity has been POTUS, that means in the last three years, (since POTUS) I've lost fifteen days of my life I won't get back....

...and some have lost a lot more.

Yet, nothing has changed, the least anyone's mind.

Perhaps, B. Russell said it best;

“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”

Welcome back Bill,

JD

M&K's Retrievers
08-16-2010, 09:38 PM

So, 28000 minutes. 28000 minutes didvided by 60 minutes = 466 hours divided by 24 hours = 19.44 days, call it 20.
Before POTUS, I never posted or read much, (ya know, name my puppy threads, FF problems, I just got a CDX, football etc.)
Just quesstimating now, that 75% of my activity has been POTUS, that means in the last three years, (since POTUS) I've lost fifteen days of my life I won't get back....

Welcome back Bill,

JD

Well put. See how the cool mountain air clears your head. Oh, it's 9:30 PM and 95 degrees.

ducknwork
08-16-2010, 10:05 PM
If it bothers you that bad, don't come back.:D;)

Why not do the math on DNF's post count? BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!:p

BonMallari
08-16-2010, 10:25 PM
So you can get on with your search, and I can
Get on with mine
And maybe someday we will find , that it wasn’t really
Wasted time

Don Henley- 'Wasted Time" - Hotel California

JDogger
08-16-2010, 10:27 PM

I think you missed my point.

Anyway...

Dailey post averages;

dnf 7.97

rk 5.18

ducknwork 3.97

everybody else ??? Who cares?

jd .51

Try not to be ashamed that you're running third. ;-)

In the Game it still places, Ya know! Oh, wait...ya don't run dogs. :rolleyes:

JD

JDogger
08-16-2010, 10:46 PM
“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans”

John Lennon

JD

dnf777
08-17-2010, 04:59 AM

What's your fetish with me?
I'm staying out of most of these worthless threads, only to see my name drug into them.

I would ask that you limit your use of my name, when I'm not involved. It makes it look like you miss me, or something more perverse.

And what is that "bwahahaha" stuff? Is that the sound of a redneck orgasm?:(

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 05:23 AM
What's your fetish with me?
I'm staying out of most of these worthless threads, only to see my name drug into them.

I would ask that you limit your use of my name, when I'm not involved. It makes it look like you miss me, or something more perverse.

And what is that "bwahahaha" stuff? Is that the sound of a redneck orgasm?:(

I am sorry. I forgot that there are no good senses of humor above the mason dixon line.

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 05:24 AM

I think you missed my emoticons.

I guess nobody out west likes kidding around either.:rolleyes:

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 05:52 AM

JD

With that attitude, you would fit in much better on the main forum where you can look down on everyone who doesn't fit the RTF mold. Heaven forbid someone doesn't run dog games! What's your beef with it? Is my dog less than yours? Oh, I know...I am inferior to you, right?

road kill
08-17-2010, 06:06 AM

Anyway...

Dailey post averages;

dnf 7.97

rk 5.18

ducknwork 3.97

everybody else ??? Who cares?

jd .51

Try not to be ashamed that you're running third. ;-)

JD

How come you don't do the math for Yardley??

5,800 + posts at an average of 5 paragraphs per post.

To his credit, he may well have changed some minds..........to the opposite of his points!!:D

Time wasting regards,

RK

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 06:21 AM

5,800 + posts at an average of 5 paragraphs per post.

To his credit, he may well have changed some minds..........to the opposite of his points!!:D

Time wasting regards,

RK

HA! 4.37 for Yardley! That puts me in 4th place. What say you, JDog?:D

dnf777
08-17-2010, 07:09 AM
I am sorry. I forgot that there are no good senses of humor above the mason dixon line.

Say something remotely funny, and I'll be the first to laugh.

And what in the Sam Hell does the mason dixon line have to do with anything. Let's please not go there. Keep your sore-loser's complex to yourself. The war has been over for 150+ years.

gman0046
08-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Duckwork knows the war is long over. Southerners just have different views then yankees.

dnf777
08-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Duckwork knows the war is long over. Southerners just have different views then yankees.

Nice to see that Duck has a little Duckling spokesman!

Not that it matters a hoot, but when I say something that supports another, I get chastised and called "little so-an-so".

Whats good for the goose, is good for the little duckling!

ps....I must add, that is the first post I recall where you actually said something, and not just name-called or insulted! Your threrapist has my regards! :D

road kill
08-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Nice to see that Duck has a little Duckling spokesman!

Not that it matters a hoot, but when I say something that supports another, I get chastised and called "little so-an-so".

Whats good for the goose, is good for the little duckling!

ps....I must add, that is the first post I recall where you actually said something, and not just name-called or insulted! Your threrapist has my regards! :D

It's kool to know I am a trend setter!

Thanks "Lil' Yardley."

If the shoe fits regards...........

RK

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Say something remotely funny, and I'll be the first to laugh.

And what in the Sam Hell does the mason dixon line have to do with anything. Let's please not go there. Keep your sore-loser's complex to yourself. The war has been over for 150+ years.

3 words. Get a ladder.

Obviously humor is over your head. Again.:rolleyes:

dnf777
08-17-2010, 08:50 AM
It's kool to know I am a trend setter!

Thanks "Lil' Yardley."

If the shoe fits regards...........

RK

While I don't always agree with Jeff, he is by far the most articulate, well-supported poster on this forum, so I take that as a complement. I've seen just about every RWE argument (if you want to call them that) turned inside out by Jeff, far better than I could. Its nice to sit back and watch him dismember all your false ideologic fallacies. I respectfully disagree with much of the athiest position, but we're allowed our differences, last time I checked.

Also, the bigger I get, the more I appreciate being called "Lil" anything!

JDogger
08-17-2010, 09:15 AM
With that attitude, you would fit in much better on the main forum where you can look down on everyone who doesn't fit the RTF mold. Heaven forbid someone doesn't run dog games! What's your beef with it? Is my dog less than yours? Oh, I know...I am inferior to you, right? :( snivel...whine..

Fixed it for ya!

:-PJD

JDogger
08-17-2010, 09:18 AM

RK

Because I knew you would. ;-)

JDogger
08-17-2010, 09:24 AM
HA! 4.37 for Yardley! That puts me in 4th place. What say you, JDog?:D

Yay..ducknwork gets a greenie..
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/smilies/bootyshake.gif

gman0046
08-17-2010, 09:55 AM
dnf nice to know your still on the recreational pharmaceuticals. Your posts reflect it.

Julie R.
08-17-2010, 10:10 AM
This thread prompted me to go look at my post count/PPD average. 1200 posts in 7 years, average .44 per day.
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/LIARkin/awHowSad.gifOh no! That puts me in last place. Got some catching up to do. Or maybe I'll never catch up, coz one simply has to be more verbose on certain issues, you know, like
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/TLBsign.gif
Even ole JDog has more than me and he deletes half his chit when he notices the flag's at half mast
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/bsflag.gif

Julie to JDog:
I win: more to say in less space, I have less posts than you, I have less posts than you, NYA NYA!
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/trophyBus.gif

JDogger
08-17-2010, 10:37 AM
The thread wasn't about post counts, Julie. It was about enjoying wasting time. Ducknwork brought up the post count issue, and I accomodated him.
As far as wasting time, all who post here are equals, post counts not withstanding.

...and a busful of bootyshake to you too.:rolleyes:

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Ducknwork brought up the post count issue, and I accomodated him.

Really? You must not have read the post that this guy made. (It's the first post in this thread, just in case you didn't notice. Glad to help where I can!;)

Welcome back Bill,

JD

JDogger
08-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Really? You must not have read the post that this guy made. (It's the first post in this thread, just in case you didn't notice. Glad to help where I can!;)

Enjoying yourself?

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Enjoying yourself?

If so, does that mean I am not wasting my time?:D

PS is that New Mexican for 'I am wrong but too proud to admit it?' ;)

Julie R.
08-17-2010, 10:59 AM
The thread wasn't about post counts, Julie. It was about enjoying wasting time. Ducknwork brought up the post count issue, and I accomodated him.
As far as wasting time, all who post here are equals, post counts not withstanding.

...and a busful of bootyshake to you too.:rolleyes:

I believe I've refined being shiftless and idle, including wasting time, to an art form ;) so therefore it was distressing to discover that by your yardstick I'm in last place. But thanks for calling me the equal of you, dippity-do, dnf and more! http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/SARCASM.gif

Guess I better go out and kick a dog out from under the porch. Hunting season's in a couple weeks.

JDogger
08-17-2010, 11:23 AM
If so, does that mean I am not wasting my time?:D You're catching on.

PS is that New Mexican for 'I am wrong but too proud to admit it?' ;)

Is that NC for "WTF, I thought I was catching on? JD said so."

I'll try to explain. My OP was merely a comment that I thought I spent to much time on POTUS, and that maybe that time was wasted, but what the he!!, I enjoy it.

Get the boy a ladder.:rolleyes:

JD

road kill
08-17-2010, 11:39 AM
While I don't always agree with Jeff, he is by far the most articulate, well-supported poster on this forum, so I take that as a complement. I've seen just about every RWE argument (if you want to call them that) turned inside out by Jeff, far better than I could. Its nice to sit back and watch him dismember all your false ideologic fallacies. I respectfully disagree with much of the athiest position, but we're allowed our differences, last time I checked.

Also, the bigger I get, the more I appreciate being called "Lil" anything!

He is without question the biggest ideologue on this board.

If someone asked will the sun come up tomorrow, he could spin 5 paragraphs telling you why the moon is white.
I could answer yes.

You would swoon over his "fact based well thought out" post that meandered off topic and be confused by my "yes.":D

RK

dnf777
08-17-2010, 01:22 PM

If someone asked will the sun come up tomorrow, he could spin 5 paragraphs telling you why the moon is white.
I could answer yes.

You would swoon over his "fact based well thought out" post that meandered off topic and be confused by my "yes.":D

RK

That's assuming you answer "yes". We've been hearing "the sky is falling" for 18 months now, so to fit your agenda, your answer would probably be "no", for which I would have to agree with the more correct, albiet verbose, Yardley. :D

But in case you're the correct one, I would suggest we sip a fine, aged bourbon and celebrate the good times as frequently as possible.

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Is that NC for "WTF, I thought I was catching on? JD said so."

I'll try to explain. My OP was merely a comment that I thought I spent to much time on POTUS, and that maybe that time was wasted, but what the he!!, I enjoy it.

Get the boy a ladder.:rolleyes:

JD

I don't need a ladder JDog. I understood completely from the very first post. However there is one thing that you are failing to understand. Look this up in the dictionary.

SARCASM

JDogger
08-17-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't need a ladder JDog. I understood completely from the very first post. However there is one thing that you are failing to understand. Look this up in the dictionary.

SARCASM

Oh, I realize you were being sarcastic ducknwork...now do you realize I was not.

JD

ducknwork
08-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Oh, I realize you were being sarcastic ducknwork...now do you realize I was not.

JD

Why don't you take another hiatus, 'pal'?;-)

road kill
08-17-2010, 08:07 PM
That's assuming you answer "yes". We've been hearing "the sky is falling" for 18 months now, so to fit your agenda, your answer would probably be "no", for which I would have to agree with the more correct, albiet verbose, Yardley. :D

But in case you're the correct one, I would suggest we sip a fine, aged bourbon and celebrate the good times as frequently as possible.

Who is we??
Your fellow "middle of the road independents??"
Oh hell, let's just call a spade a spade here, your "fellow travelers??"

Now you claim to know what I think??

You are special.

RK

JDogger
08-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Why don't you take another hiatus, 'pal'?;-)

Oh, I will 'pal'. My ennui knows no bounds.

In the meantime, take Julie's advice and kick a dog out from under the porch. Hunting approach's. JD

depittydawg
08-17-2010, 08:23 PM

I could answer yes.

RK

Unfortunately the world isn't black and white. Yes and no often come up short. :cool:

road kill
08-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Unfortunately the world isn't black and white. Yes and no often come up short. :cool:
Great, how do explain the meandering off topic as useful then??

RK

dnf777
08-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Who is we??
Your fellow "middle of the road independents??"
Oh hell, let's just call a spade a spade here, your "fellow travelers??"

Now you claim to know what I think??

You are special.

RK

You're losing it. Are you saying there's been no talk of how Obama is destroying America? No "we live in Cuba" comments? Get real.
"We" is anyone who's been reading POTUS since January 2009.

I won't be surprised if you fail to answer.

But at least answer this: what do you mean by "traveller?" I know the reference, but I'd like to hear your idea of it, and how I fit the description.