PDA

View Full Version : Obongo A Muslim?

gman0046
08-19-2010, 08:28 AM
According to the latest Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life reveals that nearly 1 in 5 Americans believe Obongo's a muslim. Of those polled, 18% of Americans believe he's a muslim. 34% believe he's a Christian and 43% are uncertain of his religion. Interesting results for an American President.

ducknwork
08-19-2010, 08:34 AM
While the whole muslim thing would be a little disturbing, given our relationship with muslims around the world, there is no prerequisite to be Christian before you can be president.

Buzz
08-19-2010, 08:34 AM
I wonder where those who think he's a Muslim fall under this curve?

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/davebezesky/vol5no3_tt.jpg

david gibson
08-19-2010, 08:45 AM

well, i know exactly where i fall under that curve, and deep down i do think he is a muslim so at least in my case your implied theory is far from a slam dunk. he tries to be christian, but his adult history just looks like a ruse to cover it up so as to appear more socially (actually politically) acceptable and of course, electable.

gman0046
08-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Strange that someone who professes to be a Christian hasn't attended a Christian church in the 18 months he's been president. Yet he continually pushes for muslim initiatives such as his ridiculous request for NASA to include muslims and his support for the mosque at Ground Zero. He sure looks like a muslim to me.

Gerry Clinchy
08-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Strange that someone who professes to be a Christian hasn't attended a Christian church in the 18 months he's been president.

In fairness, perhaps he was not a regular church-goer before he became President?

I'm sure there's someone out there with time on their hands to dig into that.

Buzz
08-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Do you just make shit up?

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2010/02/22/obamas_spiritual_life_takes_more_private_turn/

But since President Obama took office a year ago, his faith has largely receded from public view. He has attended church in the capital only four times, and worshiped half a dozen times at a secluded Camp David chapel. He prays privately, reads a “daily devotional’’ that aides send to his BlackBerry, and talks to pastors by phone, but seldom frames policies in spiritual terms.

gman0046
08-19-2010, 09:02 AM
The fact of the matter was Obongo attended hate monger Rev. Wrights church for 20 years before being elected. Have you forgotten that Gerry?

david gibson
08-19-2010, 09:04 AM
In fairness, perhaps he was not a regular church-goer before he became President?

I'm sure there's someone out there with time on their hands to dig into that.

well, he claimed to sit in the pews for 20 years and not know rev. wright was anti-american and anti-white.....perhaps that claim was a trip-up - hmmmmmmm...has to claim to be christian, but cant say he was in church every sunday and if he was how could he have never heard "GD AMERICA" sentiment, married by and daughters baptized by same man, but was raised muslim and has deep muslim roots on his fathers side and he long identifies with that (black) side more so than the white side....boy, it must be tough keeping his story(s) straight.

enter the teleprompter.

Marvin S
08-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Like David, I know where I fall on the curve - & what I do not like is his singling out of a religion! We haven't been near a church for worship in over 45 years, yet I believe we are better Christians than most church goers. Just don't wear it on our sleeves :o.

david gibson
08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
i am technically an atheist, but not a political atheist like yardley. i just choose to believe the more scientific origins based on my geological and science studies through undergrad and grad school coupled with my readings of current science journals etc.. i call myself a christian because that was how i was raised and how my family around me believes, and in some social circles they automatically pen me with the yardley types and its just not worth getting into the details in most social situations. i do display a "darwin fish" on my truck, so no one can claim i hide my beliefs.

similar with obama. i think he is technically a muslim but knows he has to hide it if he is going to succeed and be accepted by mainstream america. he has known this all along. he has been following his grand plan, from "community organizer" to present.

so he attended rev wrights church, got married in the church, etc etc. that doesnt make him a christian anymore that sitting in your garage all day makes you a buick.

Roger Perry
08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
A new poll from the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life (http://pewforum.org/Politics-and-Elections/Growing-Number-of-Americans-Say-Obama-is-a-Muslim.aspx) indicates that the number of Americans who erroneously believe President Obama is a Muslim is growing.
In March 2009, the percentage was 11 percent. Today, it's 18 percent.

The poll indicates that groups who have shown the most willingness to believe the wrong assertion that the president is a Muslim include conservative Republicans -- 34% of whom believe the president is Muslim.

YardleyLabs
08-19-2010, 12:35 PM
i am technically an atheist, but not a political atheist like yardley. ....
I'm have trouble understanding how I became the "political" atheist.

I actually mention my atheism here only because it is a question that has been posed to me directly on several occasions. I have almost never mentioned it elsewhere and would never think of placing a Darwin fish on my car any more than any other political advertisement. I have never even vaguely thought of trying to "convert" someone to my way of thought on religion. Who is to say what happened in the fraction of a millisecond preceding the "big bang" (recognizing that even creation by a deity could be considered a big bang). We know nothing about the before and loads about the after. However, everything we know about the time and the process that followed the big bang could conceivably have been part of the design of a deity. While I don't believe that to be true, there is no science that could discern one "theory" from the "other". I simply marvel at what has been created and the extraordinary rules that appear to hold it all together.

dnf777
08-19-2010, 01:05 PM
According to the latest Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life reveals that nearly 1 in 5 Americans believe Obongo's a muslim. Of those polled, 18% of Americans believe he's a muslim. 34% believe he's a Christian and 43% are uncertain of his religion. Interesting results for an American President.

How many fall into the category, "Don't really give a rat's a$$, so long as he keeps us safe, improves the economy, and otherwise stays out of our business!"

Polls like that are about as useful as tits on a bull.

gman0046
08-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Sorry dnf the economy just took another hit a unemployment figures just released today report unemployment leaped to 500,000. Try another one.

gman0046
08-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Polls indicate how the American public views the Kenyan clown.

david gibson
08-19-2010, 01:45 PM
well, if you aren't a degreed scientist and are an athiest based on your extreme leftist views, then thats a political athiest. pretty much fits you i think. the darwin fish is an expression of my interest in the science of evolution, my readings of stephen j goulds incredibly insightful and intelligent interpretations of the natural world around us as applied, compared and contrasted with darwinian theory, and reading "On the Origin of Species" myself. therefore i do feel entitled to express my beliefs and their basis with pride and from a very educated viewpoint that i love to defend in debate. ergo i love my darwin fish. ;-)

I'm have trouble understanding how I became the "political" atheist.

I actually mention my atheism here only because it is a question that has been posed to me directly on several occasions. I have almost never mentioned it elsewhere and would never think of placing a Darwin fish on my car any more than any other political advertisement. I have never even vaguely thought of trying to "convert" someone to my way of thought on religion. Who is to say what happened in the fraction of a millisecond preceding the "big bang" (recognizing that even creation by a deity could be considered a big bang). We know nothing about the before and loads about the after. However, everything we know about the time and the process that followed the big bang could conceivably have been part of the design of a deity. While I don't believe that to be true, there is no science that could discern one "theory" from the "other". I simply marvel at what has been created and the extraordinary rules that appear to hold it all together.

paul young
08-19-2010, 02:18 PM

so what do the other 5% believe? 18 + 34+ 43= 95 LOL! SOME POLL!

they better re-name it the "phew! " foundation as in "phew, something stinks around here!"-Paul

depittydawg
08-19-2010, 07:59 PM

It shouldn't surprise you. Last time I checked a very healthy percentage of Americans believe that Iraq possessed WMD prior to the US invasion, and that Sadaan Hussein was responsible for 911. Further investigation of the statistics reveals that people who get their information from Fox networks where in the great majority of those who were wrong on these issues.

dnf777
08-19-2010, 08:05 PM
It shouldn't surprise you. Last time I checked a very healthy percentage of Americans believe that Iraq possessed WMD prior to the US invasion, and that Sadaan Hussein was responsible for 911. Further investigation of the statistics reveals that people who get their information from Fox networks where in the great majority of those who were wrong on these issues.

I believe the term is "low-information voters".
Scary to think there's enough of them out there to influence elections.

Terri
08-19-2010, 09:54 PM
I do not know what is in any man's heart, but I can say from living among Muslims and studying Islam our president has been strongly influenced by Islam. Islam is more than just a religion it is a life style. It seems that he is not a religious man, but he is drawn to the cultural style seen in many Arabic and African countries, Sunni Islam. Many of the cultural styles pre-date Islam, but has been brought into the religion to keep the masses compliant. I'm pretty sure what side of the bell curve I fall on, but I know people with higher IQ's than mine that have very little common sense.

Terri

M&K's Retrievers
08-19-2010, 10:00 PM
I bet you start seeing his butt in church after the mid terms. Maybe sooner.

david gibson
08-19-2010, 10:05 PM
It shouldn't surprise you. Last time I checked a very healthy percentage of Americans believe that Iraq possessed WMD prior to the US invasion He did, he even used them, and that Sadaan Hussein was responsible for 911 of course he wasnt, you know bush was more responsible than hussein . Further investigation of the statistics reveals that people who get their information from Fox networks where in the great majority of those who were wrong on these issues.

do you sleep with that tin foil hat on???

Buzz
08-19-2010, 10:27 PM

The longer the Democrats and the rest of the media treat Fox News as a legitimate "news station," the longer this will happen. And then everyone will sit around confused about how such a large percentage of the country could think Obama is a Muslim, or that ACORN stole the election for Obama or that Saddam Hussein was connected to 9/11. They will wonder how these demonstrably false stories could get so much traction. All the while as the Fox News propaganda machine hums in the background.

david gibson
08-19-2010, 10:31 PM
The longer the Democrats and the rest of the media treat Fox News as a legitimate "news station," the longer this will happen. And then everyone will sit around confused about how such a large percentage of the country could think Obama is a Muslim, or that ACORN stole the election for Obama or that Saddam Hussein was connected to 9/11. They will wonder how these demonstrably false stories could get so much traction. All the while as the Fox News propaganda machine hums in the background.

yes, you are right. heaven forbid we should have a news organization to counter the leftist MSM. all the news should be leftist so we can all think just like you.:rolleyes:

forgetting about that little thing called the first amendment, arent you? typical lefty - it only applies when it benefits you.

Uncle Bill
08-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I believe the term is "low-information voters".
Scary to think there's enough of them out there to influence elections.

You, of course, are referring to the last election, Right?

UB

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their President."

-- Author Unknown

cotts135
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
The fact of the matter was Obongo attended hate monger Rev. Wrights church for 20 years before being elected. Have you forgotten that Gerry?

Don't you even see the irony here......................... First he attended a hate mongering Christian church and now he is a Muslim. Which is it fellows Christian or Muslim? Even if he is a Muslim (which he is not) so what...............

Gerry Clinchy
08-24-2010, 08:08 PM

While I sure don't approve of Rev Wright's brand of religion, I really don't know if O was a "regular" attendee. Though can't understand why he would go at all to Rev Wright's church.

gman0046
08-25-2010, 07:55 AM
cotts135, how do you know Obongo's not a muslim? Did you read that somewhere? Or did Obongo tell you he's not a muslim? Everything I see tells me he's a muslim. Halfr this country doesn't know what religion he is.

cotts135
08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
cotts135, how do you know Obongo's not a muslim? Did you read that somewhere? Or did Obongo tell you he's not a muslim? Everything I see tells me he's a muslim. Halfr this country doesn't know what religion he is.

That's funny, How do I know your not a terrorist? Maybe someone made up some crap about you and told me you are. Of course I could just assume what I was told is true or I could maybe look into it with an open mind determine what the facts are and base my decision on that. And if he is a Muslim, again which he is not, what's the big frigging deal, unless of course you believe that all Muslims are terrorists and plan Jihad against the US.

road kill
08-25-2010, 08:24 AM
That's funny, How do I know your not a terrorist? Maybe someone made up some shit about you and told me you are. Of course I could just assume what I was told is true or I could maybe look into it with an open mind determine what the facts are and base my decision on that. And if he is a Muslim, again which he is not, what's the big frigging deal, unless of course you believe that all Muslims are terrorists and plan Jihad against the US.

If it was on Wikileaks or the Daily Show, then maybe we could beleive it........otherwise.

RK

Chris Atkinson
08-25-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm amused that you guys are still throwing the exact same sand, in the exact same sandbox. Seems like a carbon copy of the last time I checked in on this!

Hey, quick request:

Knock off the use of the "4-letter" words that aren't acceptable on network TV please. OK?

Thanks and don't forget to train the dogs! :cool:

Chris

road kill
08-25-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm amused that you guys are still throwing the exact same sand, in the exact same sandbox. Seems like a carbon copy of the last time I checked in on this!

Hey, quick request:

Knock off the use of the "4-letter" words that aren't acceptable on network TV please. OK?

Chris
Chris,
I started training again last night.

I quit because the mosquito's were so bad I couldn't take it.
Same with my golf league.

Maybe they will lighten up now that it is dryer and cooler.;-)

RK

Chris Atkinson
08-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Chris,
I started training again last night.

I quit because the mosquito's were so bad I couldn't take it.
Same with my golf league.

Maybe they will lighten up now that it is dryer and cooler.;-)

RK

RK, a buddy of mine met you in person and told me you are a good dude. You are now a buddy of mine and I look forward to the day our paths cross in person.

I'm also just getting back into it a bit more seriously. We did lots of water blinds - tuneups and whatnot over the summer and fell way off on marking training due to heat/humidity. We're now entered in a couple weekend events, so we better get polished up.

Chris

BrianW
08-25-2010, 09:24 AM
If Obama was a "real" Muslim, don't you think that somewhere/somehow that we would have heard about his prayer rug and the 5 times a day interruption of business ? Do you really believe there's that much of a conspiracy?
I think, if you really have to ask, the better question is "Is PBO a true Christian? "

From Christianity Today http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2008/januaryweb-only/104-32.0.html?start=2
"I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life."

But he has also said
“I’m rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there’s an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived.”
Source: Chicago Sun Times (http://www.suntimes.com/news/falsani/726619,obamafalsani040504.article)

Fwiw, I think a "true" Christian would have said "that faith gives me the path" and could not have said the second if he truly believes the Gospel.
As well as other examples of hiding his faith 'under a bushel basket" so to speak, which in effect denies his Savior.

Jmtc, I think his "belief system" is some conglomeration of various influences that he's been exposed to over his life, which is fine & nomb except that when, as President of the US, he represents himself as one thing to pander for a vote or support but doesn't carry through.
When he tries to be all things to all people, he ends up being nothing.

cotts135
08-25-2010, 10:13 AM

Hey, quick request:

Chris

not usually my style to use profanity but I apologize for the misstep

Roger Perry
08-25-2010, 10:48 AM
America the Ignorant

Silly Things We Believe About Witches, Obama and More

Previous Image (http://www.newsweek.com/photo/2010/08/24/dumb-things-americans-believe.html) Next Image (http://www.newsweek.com/photo/2010/08/24/dumb-things-americans-believe.html)
http://www.newsweek.com/content/newsweek/photo/2010/08/24/dumb-things-americans-believe/_jcr_content/body/photogallery/image1.img.jpg/1282600864297.jpg

Brendan Smialowski / Getty Images

Chances are that by now you've heard about the August 19, 2010 Pew poll (http://www.newsweek.com/spectrum/2010/08/20/one-fifth-wrongly-think-obama-s-muslim.html) that found that nearly one fifth of Americans (mistakenly) believe that President Obama is a Muslim.

ducknwork
08-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I think, if you really have to ask, the better question is "Is PBO a true Christian? "

I don't mean to judge anyone, but his stance on certain issues of morality are not consistent with the true Word of God. Like many people in America who call themselves Christians, I think O's 'Christianity' is more lip service than the way of life that we, as Christians, are called to lead.

No, I am not perfect and don't mean to imply such. We all screw up at some point, probably daily. But to stand for some of the things that he does that are completely contradictory to what God tells us is right is not very Christian. When we know that we have done something that goes against God, we are supposed to refrain from that activity and ask for forgiveness. If you continue to stand for something you KNOW is wrong in the eyes of God, it becomes quite obvious how seriously you take your faith in Him.

paul young
08-25-2010, 11:39 AM
If Obama was a "real" Muslim, don't you think that somewhere/somehow that we would have heard about his prayer rug and the 5 times a day interruption of business ? Do you really believe there's that much of a conspiracy?

From Christianity Today http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2008/januaryweb-only/104-32.0.html?start=2
"I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life."

But he has also said
“I’m rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there’s an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived.”
Source: Chicago Sun Times (http://www.suntimes.com/news/falsani/726619,obamafalsani040504.article)

Fwiw, I think a "true" Christian would have said "that faith gives me the path" and could not have said the second if he truly believes the Gospel.
As well as other examples of hiding his faith 'under a bushel basket" so to speak, which in effect denies his Savior.

Jmtc, I think his "belief system" is some conglomeration of various influences that he's been exposed to over his life, which is fine & nomb except that when, as President of the US, he represents himself as one thing to pander for a vote or support but doesn't carry through.
When he tries to be all things to all people, he ends up being nothing.

if we apply Keith's definition, there are extremely few real Christians. not many would pass that standard.

Gman is way off base, i believe. it's not that they don't know what religion he adheres to, it's that they don't care. well, maybe Gman cares.-Paul

dnf777
08-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't mean to judge anyone, but his stance on certain issues of morality are not consistent with the true Word of God. Like many people in America who call themselves Christians, I think O's 'Christianity' is more lip service than the way of life that we, as Christians, are called to lead.

No, I am not perfect and don't mean to imply such. We all screw up at some point, probably daily. But to stand for some of the things that he does that are completely contradictory to what God tells us is right is not very Christian. When we know that we have done something that goes against God, we are supposed to refrain from that activity and ask for forgiveness. If you continue to stand for something you KNOW is wrong in the eyes of God, it becomes quite obvious how seriously you take your faith in Him.

Duck,
I hate to bring up Bush, so I'll apologize before getting slammed, but in this context, how does launching into Iraq sit with the Word of God? Did you have reservations about that one, too? Tens of thousands of people died, and not all were the enemy.
How does all the calling of "welfare slime" and non-tax paying people sit with Jesus? Did Jesus go around smakin' down the poor for being lazy?

I'm not saying YOU said that, I know you didn't--but a few others recently have, and it sounded rather un-Christian to me, but didn't say anything. Now that you bring up the Word of God in reference to actions, I'm just wondering how all this fits in?

road kill
08-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Duck,
I hate to bring up Bush, so I'll apologize before getting slammed, but in this context, how does launching into Iraq sit with the Word of God? Did you have reservations about that one, too? Tens of thousands of people died, and not all were the enemy.
How does all the calling of "welfare slime" and non-tax paying people sit with Jesus? Did Jesus go around smakin' down the poor for being lazy?

I'm not saying YOU said that, I know you didn't--but a few others recently have, and it sounded rather un-Christian to me, but didn't say anything. Now that you bring up the Word of God in reference to actions, I'm just wondering how all this fits in?

Hahahahahaha!!!!:D

RK

dnf777
08-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Hahahahahaha!!!!:D

RK

Thank you for your thoughtful comment, however, I was really asking Duck a question, that was in context of his view of morality. If he wants to call me an a-hole and laugh, fine, but I think he will offer an honest reply. He's like you USED to be, thoughtful, to the point, and a little jabbing now and then in good humor. Come back and join the club...we have a good time.

road kill
08-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Thank you for your thoughtful comment, however, I was really asking Duck a question, that was in context of his view of morality. If he wants to call me an a-hole and laugh, fine, but I think he will offer an honest reply. He's like you USED to be, thoughtful, to the point, and a little jabbing now and then in good humor. Come back and join the club...we have a good time.

You said "I hate to bring up Bush..." how could anyone NOT laugh at that laughable comment.

Join the club??

I got news, you ain't in any club.
If you only knew.........

RK

dnf777
08-25-2010, 01:39 PM
You said "I hate to bring up Bush..." how could anyone NOT laugh at that laughable comment.

Join the club??

I got news, you ain't in any club.
If you only knew.........

RK

What are you going to do? Air out other people's PMs about me? I've had plenty of people tell me what they think. I say it the way I see it. I don't try to please everyone.

ducknwork
08-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Duck,

I didn't want to turn this into a Bush vs Obama thing. I never said that Bush was a wonderful Christian. I'm not saying that he's not one either. I even prefaced my post about Obama by saying something about not judging him, just to attempt to prevent this sort of thing.

I guess I'll try to answer your questions, even though I really don't want to.

Iraq-Unjust killing is never good. I don't know whether it was just in the eyes of God or not. To be perfectly honest, when the Iraq war started, I was not at the same place in my relationship with God as I am now, so I didn't think about it at the time.

Slime and non tax payers-I suspect I know who you are referring to by saying that. We are supposed to love everyone and those comments don't sound very loving, but here is the difference--unlike Obama, I have never heard that person publicly proclaim to be a Christian.

Laziness-The Bible has A LOT to say about laziness. Too much for me to type here, but I can assure you, God is not a fan of the lazy man.

Your last sentence bothers me. I said none of these things, but I feel like you are expecting me to defend them. Maybe you are trying to find an inconsistency? I don't know, but it does seem like you are asking me to pass judgment on others, and I really don't want to do that.

The bottom line is that the difference between your examples and what I wrote regarding O is that my main problem with O is the hypocrisy regarding his 'Christianity'. He says he is one, but his actions say differently. The other examples you gave (except Bush) are like apples to oranges because there is no hypocrisy present as the posters don't profess their faith for all to see.

dnf777
08-25-2010, 03:03 PM
I didn't want to turn this into a Bush vs Obama thing. I never said that Bush was a wonderful Christian. I'm not saying that he's not one either. I even prefaced my post about Obama by saying something about not judging him, just to attempt to prevent this sort of thing.

I guess I'll try to answer your questions, even though I really don't want to.

Iraq-Unjust killing is never good. I don't know whether it was just in the eyes of God or not. To be perfectly honest, when the Iraq war started, I was not at the same place in my relationship with God as I am now, so I didn't think about it at the time.

Slime and non tax payers-I suspect I know who you are referring to by saying that. We are supposed to love everyone and those comments don't sound very loving, but here is the difference--unlike Obama, I have never heard that person publicly proclaim to be a Christian.

Laziness-The Bible has A LOT to say about laziness. Too much for me to type here, but I can assure you, God is not a fan of the lazy man.

Your last sentence bothers me. I said none of these things, but I feel like you are expecting me to defend them. Maybe you are trying to find an inconsistency? I don't know, but it does seem like you are asking me to pass judgment on others, and I really don't want to do that.

The bottom line is that the difference between your examples and what I wrote regarding O is that my main problem with O is the hypocrisy regarding his 'Christianity'. He says he is one, but his actions say differently. The other examples you gave (except Bush) are like apples to oranges because there is no hypocrisy present as the posters don't profess their faith for all to see.

Sorry Duck, didn't mean to induce carpal tunnel like that! ;)
I didn't mean to imply you defend those positions as you commmented. And in addition to bringing up Bush for RK's entertainment, the reason I do so is because we are poised to potentially return Congress to republican hands, and lest we forget, I'd like to understand how we reconcile much of the gripes about Obama's policies with what we will be returning to. You are one of a handful of right-leaning posters will engage in adult dialogue, without the name calling and insults.

We better figure something out soon. I think we're on a better trajectory than we were before, but that's not comforting or sustainable, as its still not a good one. I'm sure many, including you, will disagree with that, but we can all probably agree that we need something better than what we've had for the past 10 years.

ducknwork
08-26-2010, 05:19 AM
We better figure something out soon. I think we're on a better trajectory than we were before, but that's not comforting or sustainable, as its still not a good one. I'm sure many, including you, will disagree with that, but we can all probably agree that we need something better than what we've had for the past 10 years.

I'll even say 18 years, because I care about things other than the state of the economy as well.

road kill
08-26-2010, 06:33 AM
I think we're on a better trajectory than we were before, but that's not comforting or sustainable, as its still not a good one. I'm sure many, including you, will disagree with that, but we can all probably agree that we need something better than what we've had for the past 10 years.

Are you serious?

What good is happening in the economy?
Wait till you read the economic news today.

RK

dnf777
08-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Are you serious?

What good is happening in the economy?
Wait till you read the economic news today.

RK

You may be right. I hope you're wrong.
We were very close to a total financial collapse. I'm not saying things are peachy, but we're not on the edge looking into the abyss right now. (I hope)

troy schwab
08-26-2010, 09:19 AM
DNF,
We are much closer to that abyss than most people will admit.