PDA

View Full Version : Most Trusted Name in News?

Buzz
08-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Oh, I see. This is what makes FOX a credible news source.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-18-2010/news-corp--gives-money-to-republicans

kjrice
08-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Actually it shows depicts an accurate view of "our" government. The next issue is the fact that Americans have been indoctrinated into a two-party system, which is really a two-headed monster.

dnf777
08-19-2010, 12:17 PM

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-18-2010/news-corp--gives-money-to-republicans

Surely you're not surprised!

(no, I'm not, and stop calling me Shirley)

This just puts in the open what most have known all along. FoxNews is merely the mouthpiece of the Republican party. Scary that they think they can just wave that in our faces. THAT's Hubris.

Marvin S
08-19-2010, 12:25 PM

So you're OK with SEIU, NEA & every other public employees union giving to the D's as that doesn't buy influence :confused: :confused: :confused:.

subroc
08-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Who is the

Most Trusted Name in News?

Clearly, it is Jodi Miller from NewBusters!

Buzz
08-19-2010, 01:50 PM
So you're OK with SEIU, NEA & every other public employees union giving to the D's as that doesn't buy influence :confused: :confused: :confused:.

None of those organizations is a news conglomerate claiming to be an unbiased source of information.

david gibson
08-19-2010, 01:59 PM

and soros and media matters are just fine by you........:rolleyes:

Buzz
08-19-2010, 02:00 PM

Are those news networks/conglomerates claiming to be unbiased?

WaterDogRem
08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
What's sad is the number of americans that believe and watch the Dailyshow & comedy central for their news sources.

Anyone who takes any news source & story at face value without doing your own research and going through your thinking process is just plain lazy.

dnf777
08-19-2010, 02:04 PM
When you have political candidates as paid contributors, that itself calls into question your "fair and balanced" status. Especially when they all belong to the same party.

This is not purely a republican phenomenon, but Fox has certainly set the bar much higher.

david gibson
08-19-2010, 02:25 PM

studies by UCLA (hardly in the tank with fox or republicans) have shown that even though Fox is indeed biased, it is measurably less biased than the MSM. so if Fox is 7 points right of center and all the rest of the MSM is 12 points to the left, Fox gets the little red star on their homework paper.

even if you dont want to believe that, you certainly cannot claim Fox is more biased to the right than the MSM and all the rest (CNN etc) is to the left. so what are you crying about? because they as only one outlet get more attention and have more influence than your side? alone they trounce all other cable outlets into oblivion? conservative radio dominates the airwaves?

and speaking of airwaves, i heard some airhead on air america (subbing for schultz) bring up the topic about all the oil disappearing in the gulf. her explanation?? the fish are eating it all! NOT that it is dissolving and eventually climbing up the food chain from plankton to shark, but that fish are actually consuming it in its liquid phase. puhleeeze.

with idiocy like that its no wonder no one wants anything to do with liberal radio.

so boo-hoo.....get over it already. this is as bad as bringing up bush in every thread.

david gibson
08-19-2010, 02:28 PM
When you have political candidates as paid contributors, that itself calls into question your "fair and balanced" status. Especially when they all belong to the same party.

This is not purely a republican phenomenon, but Fox has certainly set the bar much higher.

oh i get it now, this is why you guys are so bent out of shape over this. you just cant stand the fact that Fox is beating you at your own game. it was all just fine when the left had a monopoly on bias in the news.

stealing 2 cookies out of the cookie jar each day for a year does not give you the right to go crying to mommy when your brother catches on and steals 3 one day. that makes you look like - well, a crybaby.

oh wait, thats what you are doing.

Buzz
08-19-2010, 02:30 PM
What's sad is the number of americans that believe and watch the Dailyshow & comedy central for their news sources.

Anyone who takes any news source & story at face value without doing your own research and going through your thinking process is just plain lazy.

Actually I heard the story elsewhere first. What I find interesting is that this story has yet to hit the airwaves over at FOX.

OK, maybe I'm not surprised.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0810/Fox_parent_gives_1_million_to_RGA.html

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/08/17/big-money-tea-party-players-love-republican-governors/

Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. Gives GOP Governors Association $1 Million

For anybody still harboring the belief that the Tea Party movement is a grassroots insurgency, you may want to look at where two of the movement’s biggest backers are throwing their cash. Politico’s Ben Smith reports that News Corporation, the parent company of Fox News and the Wall Street Journal, and David Koch, the oil magnate who chairs the board of the Americans for Prosperity Foundation (the Koch-funded astroturf powerhouse behind a lot of Tea Party organizing), each threw a cool $1 million at the Republican Governors Association — hardly a rogue operation, and very much a part of the Republican establishment.

A certain amount of the credit for the take goes to Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, the RGA’s chairman, who has proven to be quite deft at straddling the line between the Tea Party movement and the regular G.O.P. (Barbour is the former chairman of the Republican National Committee.)

Barbour has been vociferous both in defense of Tea Partiers and in opposition to President Obama’s moratorium on deep-water oil-drilling in the Gulf of Mexico following the environmental disaster that followed the explosion of BP’s Deepwater Horizon oil rig. Both Koch, the executive vice president of Koch Industries, and Rupert Murdoch, CEO of News Corp., share an agenda for the deregulation of virtually all industry, and both have been instrumental in rallying the ground troops of the Tea Party movement to their cause.

Here’s how News Corp. spokesperson Jack Horner explained the company’s support for the RGA to Smith:

News Corporation believes in the power of free markets, and the RGA’s pro-business agenda supports our priorities at this most critical time for our economy.

In related news, the Americans for Prosperity Foundation has made a $4.1 million ad buy in 11 states focusing on “free market” issues in the mid-term elections, according to Mike Memoli and Tom Hamburger of the Los Angeles Times. Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, calls it “he biggest ad buy I am aware of this summer.”

The takeaway: Whether it takes the form of a purported anti-government insurgency, or a vestige of the political establishment, any organization that promotes the economic hegemony of large corporations will be richly rewarded.

What is really quite hilarious is the fact that Comedy Central is a better source of news than FOX.

One thing you have to give credit to FOX on is their ability to drive the narrative throughout the entire news media. More on that later...

Buzz
08-19-2010, 02:32 PM
studies by UCLA

Linky???????

david gibson
08-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Linky???????

i have seen it and read it, no need to prove anything to you. google yourself.

Buzz
08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Just wondering.

How do conservatives feel about foreign money flowing into American Politics?

subroc
08-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Just wondering.

How do conservatives feel about foreign money flowing into American Politics?

do you mean all the money Clinton too from China?

Buzz
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
do you mean all the money Clinton too from China?

Which is worse? Liberals bringing up Bush, or conservatives bringing up Clinton?

I never did vote for Clinton by the way. I don't feel any obligation to defend him.

dnf777
08-19-2010, 02:54 PM
oh i get it now, this is why you guys are so bent out of shape over this. you just cant stand the fact that Fox is beating you at your own game. it was all just fine when the left had a monopoly on bias in the news.
stealing 2 cookies out of the cookie jar each day for a year does not give you the right to go crying to mommy when your brother catches on and steals 3 one day. that makes you look like - well, a crybaby.

oh wait, thats what you are doing.

Nice slant Dave.
I was just trying to be "fair and balanced", and get attacked for it!
I guess that's something you guys aren't used to.

You have yet to show an equal contribution from an unbiased news source to a democrat.

I don't expect anything soon!

Cody Covey
08-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Linky???????

didn't read them but here are the links

http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/polisci/faculty/groseclose/Media.Bias.8.htm

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx

road kill
08-19-2010, 03:20 PM

Is this where you get most of your news??

The COMEDY CHANNEL????

Says a lot!!:D

RK

Buzz
08-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Is this where you get most of your news??

The COMEDY CHANNEL????

Says a lot!!:D

RK

Yes, I believe it says a lot that I need to tune into Comedy Central to get stories like these.

I see yesterday they finally linked to a WSJ story on the topic on the FOX website. Will you believe the WSJ?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/18/news-corp-gives-m-republican-governors-association/

I see they try and shine the most favorable light on it possible.

Marvin S
08-19-2010, 04:42 PM
None of those organizations is a news conglomerate claiming to be an unbiased source of information.

So that's OK, IYM. But I stopped watching O'Reilly several years back (after watching for about 6 months) as I got sick of listening to Charley Rangel (Captain Honesty) & Bob Reich (a business hater) being allowed to spout their views. They were regulars on his program.

Next, you'll be saying Leno is a rightie for having Dennis Miller as a guest more than once ;-).

IMO, all news outlets are too liberal :o. The only reason Fox News is considered less so is that they are somewhat more fair & balanced :cool:. Have you ever watched Brian Williams wince when one of his favorites is going down in flames?

BonMallari
08-19-2010, 05:19 PM
I watch Fox News for the hotttttt women....I get my news on line....if I want fair and balanced , I turn on POTUS Place and realize the TRUTH is somewhere in the middle of all the crap

Marvin S
08-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I watch Fox News for the hotttttt women....I get my news on line....if I want fair and balanced , I turn on POTUS Place and realize the TRUTH is somewhere in the middle of all the crap

:) :) :) .......

depittydawg
08-19-2010, 07:54 PM

Media Matters was started by conservatives and simply provides accurate information when a news source gets a story wrong. That fact that Fox News is so high on their radar is just an indicator of the biased reporting that occurs at Fox.

david gibson
08-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Media Matters was started by conservatives and simply provides accurate information when a news source gets a story wrong. That fact that Fox News is so high on their radar is just an indicator of the biased reporting that occurs at Fox.

do you always hit the bottle before the weekend?

from wiki: (i know, not rock solid fact 100% but you show me where they are wrong)

"Media Matters for America (or MMfA) is a media watchdog group organized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Founded in 2004 by journalist and author David Brock, Media Matters describes itself as "a web-based, not-for-profit, progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."

David Brock switched from conservative journalist to liberal journalist attacking conservatives several years before founding media matters. you may say that media matters was founded by a former conservative, but thats it. he was a converted liberal when he founded the group.

Uncle Bill
08-24-2010, 06:11 PM
do you always hit the bottle before the weekend?

from wiki: (i know, not rock solid fact 100% but you show me where they are wrong)

"Media Matters for America (or MMfA) is a media watchdog group organized as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Founded in 2004 by journalist and author David Brock, Media Matters describes itself as "a web-based, not-for-profit, progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."

David Brock switched from conservative journalist to liberal journalist attacking conservatives several years before founding media matters. you may say that media matters was founded by a former conservative, but thats it. he was a converted liberal when he founded the group.

Holy Moly...that's far too many syllables for that Dip-dawg to digest. And furthermore, what in the world makes you think he wants to be correct...if it doesn't gore his ox, like most lefties, it's good to go for them.

And then there's that symbol of independancy...good old DNF, that thinks dudes like Stephanopolis on ABC just joined that august news team by coming up through the ranks of journalism school. How enlightening.

UB

code3retrievers
08-24-2010, 07:15 PM

So, your saying Ted Turner from CNN is unbiased. All companies and every individual have a bias.

NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, I could go on and on, are all left wing hacks. So what? The right has talk radio and right leaning Fox. Big deal, a cable news outlet with a small overall share.

But then again you folks won't be happy until there is not one desenting voice.

depittydawg
08-24-2010, 08:40 PM

SEC, NEA $ every other public employees unions do not operate under the Pretense of unbiased reporting of information to American Citizens. Fox does. For a member of the 4th estate to behave as Fox does not only a travesty of our Democratic Republic, it is extremely dangerous. As is now evidence by the millions of American's that are completely min-informed and confused on major issues of our time.

For American citizens to allow themselves to be duped by this foreign owned corporation is at the least, a very strong signal of danger to our Republic.