M&K's Retrievers
08-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I guess Obama was too busy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOC_JjNFkVw

road kill
08-20-2010, 08:47 PM

These young heros were proud to be greeted by a great American.
You see, they know first hand what's going on over there.

Too bad the don't get to see the "Dailey Show" to learn the facts!!
Right Buzz??

"WELCOME HOME!!!":D

RK

starjack
08-21-2010, 05:20 AM
I wounder if you we ever see the present prez. do that. Im thinking not. Unless for a photo op. for politlcal gain.

paul young
08-21-2010, 08:02 AM
Starjack,

if he did, that's exactly how you would see it because of your dislike for him. he will never do anything you agree with. you are incapable of looking beyond your dislike for him.

this forum really should be re-named the "i hate Obama and anything he says or does forum".

we could have a seperate foum called the"i hate Bush and anything he did or said forum".

but heaven forbid that we should have a "we are all Americans and should work together for the common good forum".

i am sure that the returning troops are glad to be home, and realize where those orders came from, and i hope that they know we are all grateful for their service and sacrifices on our behalf.

hopefully there will be no reason to deploy them again in the near future.-Paul

gman0046
08-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Obongolo's plummeting poll numbers speak for the American people and what they think of him. Isn't it pretty sad that 50% of Americans don't know what religion he is?

david gibson
08-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Paul:

if He did the same, the only way you would see it is that He is our savior and hero and should be worshiped for it because of our undying love for Him. He will never do anything you do not agree with for you are incapable of looking beyond your complete and total adoration of Him.

this forum really should be re-named the "i love Obama and anything he says or does is godly and saintly forum".

we should have a separate forum called the "i hate the evil great satan bush and anything he did or said forum".

but heaven forbid that we should have a "we are all Americans and should work together for the common good forum". all of those who disagree with Him are being partisan and racist if they do not abandon all their past beliefs and follow Him only. Compromise does not mean you meet Him halfway, compromise means you must meet Him fully on his side and worship all that He believeth, for only He hath the true answer and is wise beyond our puny mortal understanding.

i am sure that the returning troops are glad to be home, and realize that their orders to risk their life and limb came from the evil great satan bush himself, and that their only salvation is because He brought them home to safety, and now they as well must lock step and follow Him for eternal salvation and government dependence. And they must grant Him all the vacation and golf time He decideth He must have, for clearly He obtains his visions of greatness and powers to save us all from eternal damnation during His kingly retreats.

and now that He is in power, we will forever be at peace with the muslim world that He as so graciously bestowed by his apologies for all the atrocities of the evil satan beast bush. there will be no reason to deploy them again in near future because He is our savior and will in turn save the world as only He can. Obama Akbar!

there. fixed it for ya. no thanks necessary....... ;-)

depittydawg
08-21-2010, 10:05 AM

You mean kind of like Junior Bush was to busy to meet with any of the families of the soldiers HE sent to die.. Yeah, that always pissed me off. The Joker had enough fear embedded in him to send Americans to their death so his buddies could make their fortunes, then he wouldn't even acknowledge their families when they died. If you guys were smart, you'd quit trying to make this guy into something he wasn't. His legacy is intact. The bottom of the heap of American Presidents is his domain forever.

depittydawg
08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Obongolo's plummeting poll numbers speak for the American people and what they think of him. Isn't it pretty sad that 50% of Americans don't know what religion he is?

It is sad that so many Americans are so completely misinformed. I guess we have all the "fair and balanced" news to thank eh. So many Americans. So many fools. Yes, very sad indeed.

depittydawg
08-21-2010, 10:10 AM

I suppose the good thing about the Right Wing parading this guy around during an election year is that it reminds all the moderates in the country that in no way can we TRUST A REPUBLICAN.

david gibson
08-21-2010, 10:19 AM
You mean kind of like Junior Bush was to busy to meet with any of the families of the soldiers HE sent to die.. Yeah, that always pissed me off. The Joker had enough fear embedded in him to send Americans to their death so his buddies could make their fortunes, then he wouldn't even acknowledge their families when they died. If you guys were smart, you'd quit trying to make this guy into something he wasn't. His legacy is intact. The bottom of the heap of American Presidents is his domain forever.

you lying sack of liberal leftist crud. get your facts straight and get them from a credible source. you clearly are an example of how easily brainwashed the left is.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/22/report-bush-spent-hundreds-hours-comforting-families-fallen-soldiers/

"The Times notes that people familiar with Bush's routine say he has written letters personally to every one of the families of the more than 4,000 troops who have died in Afghanistan and Iraq. The task has taken a toll, and Bush has relied on his wife, Laura, for emotional support, he said.

"I lean on the Almighty and Laura," the president told the Times. "She has been very reassuring, very calming."

Vice President Cheney has also met with family members of soldiers who have died.

Bush has met with more than 500 families of troops killed in action and with more than 950 wounded veterans, often during private sessions, White House spokesman Carlton Carroll told the newspaper. "

and from msnbc:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8941525/site/newsweek/page/2/print/1/displaymode/1098/

"Privately, Bush has met with about 900 family members of some 270 soldiers killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. The conversations are closed to the press, and Bush does not like to talk about what goes on in these grieving sessions, though there have been hints. An hour after he met with the families at Fort Bragg in June, he gave a hard-line speech on national TV. When he mentioned the sacrifice of military families, his lips visibly quivered."

kinda differs from your version, eh? your bush hating blinders are really stinkin up the place. pathetic.

Hew
08-21-2010, 10:56 AM
You mean kind of like Junior Bush was to busy to meet with any of the families of the soldiers HE sent to die.
That's either a scurrilous LIE or you don't have the slightest clue wtf you're talking about. Neither is an attractive option.

Edit: Sorry, I hadn't read David's reply before posting. Was seeing red and couldn't bother reading the rest of the thread before posting. I don't often get pissed about any of the claptrap that's posted here. That ignorant nonsense that depity posted was an exception.

david gibson
08-21-2010, 11:00 AM
That's either a scurrilous LIE or you don't have the slightest clue wtf you're talking about. Neither is an attractive option.

this has to be the worst lie ever perpetrated by the left in here. unreal. they actually believe everything they hear on the comedy channel.

dnf777
08-21-2010, 11:08 AM
I believe Bush lamented the deaths of American troops.
But I take issue when he repeatedly said, "we all have to make sacrafices". What sacrafice did HE make? I know what sacrifice our troops and their families made. Tax cuts and multi-million dollar non-competitive bids are not exactly my idea of "sacrifice".

dback
08-21-2010, 11:08 AM

Edit: Sorry, I hadn't read David's reply before posting. Was seeing red and couldn't bother reading the rest of the thread before posting. I don't often get pissed about any of the claptrap that's posted here. That ignorant nonsense that depity posted was an exception.

If I must choose between the two......that's my choice.....has always been with his posts.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/dec/22/bush-cheney-comforted-troops-privately/

dback
08-21-2010, 11:14 AM
But I take issue when he repeatedly said, "we all have to make sacrafices". What sacrafice did HE make? I know what sacrifice our troops and their families made. Tax cuts and multi-million dollar non-competitive bids are not exactly my idea of "sacrifice".

Get serious Dave......if you are referring to 'battlefield' sacrifice.....then show me what President made the same sacrifice during a time of war. What sacrifice did Clinton, Kennedy, Johnson, Truman or Roosevelt make?

david gibson
08-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Get serious Dave......if you are referring to 'battlefield' sacrifice.....then show me what President made the same sacrifice during a time of war. What sacrifice did Clinton, Kennedy, Johnson, Truman or Roosevelt make?

clinton sacrificed a cigar and the dress of a young girl the age of his daughter.

M&K's Retrievers
08-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Dippityshat, how can any one person be so misinformed? What's truly amazing is you continue to show it regardless of the subject matter.

Oh, it's my understanding that Bush made several trips to receive the caskets as they landed. This was done without press coverage unlike the one time Obama did it for a photo-op.

bobbyb
08-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Obama didn't meet with the families of 9/11 either.. BUT he did side with the Muslims that killed them. Even had a dinner for them at the white house now what about that being "on the bottom.."

BobbyB
Cajun

david gibson
08-21-2010, 12:57 PM
depitty has just cemented his status as worst POTUS poster EVER. how can any of us ever see anything he posts in the future as having an iota of credibility?

dnf777
08-21-2010, 01:09 PM

How bout NOT giving tax cuts to himself and his buddies for starters?

No, obviously no sitting president ever previously gave his life for his country on the battlefield. That would be sort of impossible, don't you think?

Carter, Ford, and Bush I all served. Bush was shot out of the sky and had to hit the silk. Others at least attempted to pay for their wars, and not hide the cost by not including "supplemental war bills" in the budget, and passing it along to YOU and ME, and our kids and grandkids.

Never before has a tax cut been given in a time of war. That is just one little example of "sacrifice".

Now, I attempted to answer your question, please try to answer mine. What "sacrifice" was Bush referring to? Did his kids serve? Many presidents and senators have kids in harm's way. Biden and Webb come to mind.

I know what's coming, but before you attack and belittle the service records of those men's kids, please try to answer the question. I think its legit?

dnf777
08-21-2010, 01:13 PM
BUT he did side with the Muslims that killed them. Even had a dinner for them at the white house now what about that being "on the bottom.."

BobbyB
Cajun

WHO met with and dined with terrorists who killed Americans? American Marines, at that!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/kadaficondi.jpg

david gibson
08-21-2010, 02:23 PM
WHO met with and dined with terrorists who killed Americans? American Marines, at that!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/kadaficondi.jpg

you total idgit - ghadafi turned around and gave us a lot of intel after reagan set his ass straight with a serious ass-whuppin bombing. thats not a party in that pic there, that is an intel gathering.

are you really trying to outdo deppity with ignorant posts? what does this prove?? NOTHING. YOU of all people, who castigated me when i posted a pic of Michelle Obama with luis farrakhans mother at a luncheon - oh no, that was no big deal was it? that proved nothing, right? right. it showed at the very least strong muslim sympathy - and bad choice of friends.

you can has it both ways bro - chooooze your direction!

you are losing dude, you will never win.

depittydawg
08-21-2010, 02:37 PM
depitty has just cemented his status as worst POTUS poster EVER. how can any of us ever see anything he posts in the future as having an iota of credibility?

Nice try dimwit. Sounds like a rally cry for the mindless to me. What a crackpot!

depittydawg
08-21-2010, 02:50 PM
you lying sack of liberal leftist crud. get your facts straight and get them from a credible source. you clearly are an example of how easily brainwashed the left is.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/12/22/report-bush-spent-hundreds-hours-comforting-families-fallen-soldiers/

"The Times notes that people familiar with Bush's routine say he has written letters personally to every one of the families of the more than 4,000 troops who have died in Afghanistan and Iraq. The task has taken a toll, and Bush has relied on his wife, Laura, for emotional support, he said.

"I lean on the Almighty and Laura," the president told the Times. "She has been very reassuring, very calming."

Vice President Cheney has also met with family members of soldiers who have died.

Bush has met with more than 500 families of troops killed in action and with more than 950 wounded veterans, often during private sessions, White House spokesman Carlton Carroll told the newspaper. "

and from msnbc:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8941525/site/newsweek/page/2/print/1/displaymode/1098/

"Privately, Bush has met with about 900 family members of some 270 soldiers killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. The conversations are closed to the press, and Bush does not like to talk about what goes on in these grieving sessions, though there have been hints. An hour after he met with the families at Fort Bragg in June, he gave a hard-line speech on national TV. When he mentioned the sacrifice of military families, his lips visibly quivered."

kinda differs from your version, eh? your bush hating blinders are really stinkin up the place. pathetic.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at such a reaction from a brainwashed ignorant SOB. Quick send a rally cry for your groupies... What's a matter? Can't stand a little of the truth surrounding the idiot you put in the white house? The guy that is now ranked in the BOTTOM of the heap of US presidents of all time.
Talk about a useless pile of turd droppings... You got a job yet David??? Just curious. Or are you still trying to pedal pictures of the US President getting crapped on by an Eagle?

Lets see, GWB is ranked 36 out of 42. The party of Lincoln has indeed come a long way. And they have groupies like you to thank for it.
http://www.c-span.org/PresidentialSurvey/Overall-Ranking.aspx

M&K's Retrievers
08-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I guess I shouldn't be surprised at such a reaction from a brainwashed ignorant SOB. Quick send a rally cry for your groupies... What's a matter? Can't stand a little of the truth surrounding the idiot you put in the white house? The guy that is now ranked in the BOTTOM of the heap of US presidents of all time.
Talk about a useless pile of turd droppings... You got a job yet David??? Just curious. Or are you still trying to pedal pictures of the US President getting crapped on by an Eagle?

Lets see, GWB is ranked 36 out of 42. The party of Lincoln has indeed come a long way. And they have groupies like you to thank for it.

Not that this means squat but more of your senseless ramblings but at least Bush made the list which is more than you can say for your good buddy. Besides, what has this to do with the original post?

Done talking to an idiot regards,

WindyCreek
08-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Dear Sir:

Your statement below is one of misinformation and since it was obviously made without you having any factual knowledge it can only be one of pure ignorance.

President Bush frequently met with families of servicemen and servicewomen who were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. He also frequently visited the medical centers in Washington to meet with the wounded and their families. He always did so in private to respect the dignity of the meeting and the privacy of those he visited with. I witnessed one of these meetings in 2002 when President Bush met with families of warriors who had been killed in Afghanistan, he was sincere and respectful of those who had died in combat and comforted their families. He was deeply moved and emotional and yes it was done without the press or cameras being present out of respect for all involved.

In 30 years of active duty I had to write letters to families who lost loved ones and visited them when I returned from combat. Only those who have performed this difficult but honorable task understand the significance and healing it provides for the families.
In the future it would be wise to check your statements for fact before engaging the keyboard to post.

Sincerely,
A Soldier

Hew
08-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Deppity, although I never agree with you much you write, you always struck me as fair-minded. You initial post in this thread was just full of vile nastiness that, as you've been shown, was patent nonsense. I figured you for the type of guy/gal who'd at least admit you were wrong, or even <<gulp>> apologize. I guess I was mistaken.

Hew
08-21-2010, 04:06 PM
How bout NOT giving tax cuts to himself and his buddies for starters? Didn't you receive the exact same tax cuts? Or did you keep paying the pre-cut amount out of a sense of duty and patriotism?

No, obviously no sitting president ever previously gave his life for his country on the battlefield. That would be sort of impossible, don't you think?

Carter, Ford, and Bush I all served. So did GW Bush. Or does some service count more than others? Does a doctor trump a pilot? Silver Star receipient trump a Purple Heart? Bush was shot out of the sky and had to hit the silk. Others at least attempted to pay for their wars, and not hide the cost by not including "supplemental war bills" in the budget, and passing it along to YOU and ME, and our kids and grandkids.

Never before has a tax cut been given in a time of war. Umm, the tax cut came before the war. That is just one little example of "sacrifice".

Now, I attempted to answer your question, please try to answer mine. What "sacrifice" was Bush referring to? Did his kids serve? Many presidents and senators have kids in harm's way. Biden and Webb come to mind.

I know what's coming, but before you attack and belittle the service records of those men's kids, please try to answer the question. Didn't you do the exact thing when you intentionally omitted Bush's ANG service? I think its legit?

subroc
08-21-2010, 04:44 PM
I suppose the good thing about the Right Wing parading this guy around during an election year is that it reminds all the moderates in the country that in no way can we TRUST A REPUBLICAN.

well, no one would confuse you with a moderate!

dback
08-21-2010, 05:03 PM
HEW beat me to this so I'll try not to duplicate too much.

How bout NOT giving tax cuts to himself and his buddies for starters?

No, obviously no sitting president ever previously gave his life for his country on the battlefield. That would be sort of impossible, don't you think? Many of your responses of late have been of this nature. I know for a fact your education level is considerably higher than is reflected in this statement.

Carter, Ford, and Bush I all served. Bush was shot out of the sky and had to hit the silk. Others at least attempted to pay for their wars, and not hide the cost by not including "supplemental war bills" in the budget, and passing it along to YOU and ME, and our kids and grandkids. The costs of ALL wars are passed on "to YOU and ME and our kids and grandkids."

Never before has a tax cut been given in a time of war. That is just one little example of "sacrifice".

Now, I attempted to answer your question, please try to answer mine. What "sacrifice" was Bush referring to? Did his kids serve? nor did about 95% of the kids in this country (especially female) Many presidents and senators have had (fixed it for ya) kids in harm's way. Biden and Webb come to mind. about the only two

I know what's coming, but before you attack and belittle the service records of those men's kids, please try to answer the question. I think its legit? And here's a VERY legit answer. You obviously have no clue what's coming as you have allowed your anal opening to overload your mouth. I challenge you to find in my nearly four years here so much as a hint of disrespect for ANYONE'S service to this country....not yours...not anyone's, not GWs (which you just went out of your way to do), not Bidens' son and certainly not the (now) 14 tours my family have served since the beginning of hostilities. If your desire is to insult me.....find another way to do it.

depittydawg
08-21-2010, 05:10 PM
well, no one would confuse you with a moderate!

Certainly not on this forum. This is far and away the most radical Right forum I've found on the internet.

subroc
08-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Certainly not on this forum. This is far and away the most radical Right forum I've found on the internet.

stands to reason. it always amazes me how the extreme left wing likes to feature themselves as moderates. the left doesn't even want any news that may have acceptance of conservative positions. They just want thier news sanitized of any position they disagree with.

I got some news for you, you are not a moderate.

Pals
08-21-2010, 05:30 PM

you must not be looking very hard. :rolleyes:

keep looking bucky...........

YardleyLabs
08-21-2010, 05:34 PM

I will agree that I think that George W. Bush was one of the worst Presidents in the history of our country. However, it is clear that he felt and feels the depth of the sacrifices that have been made by our young men and women acting on his orders. He has written to the families and met with many of the families. To accuse him of not caring makes no more sense than to accuse Obama (who has done the same things) of not caring. The evidence is that both understand and accept the responsibility that comes with their positions and that they have both sought to make clear to our soldiers and their families -- alive, wounded and dead -- how much we honor their service. I hope that we never again do to our soldiers the disservice that we did to those who fought on our behalf in Vietnam.

depittydawg
08-21-2010, 05:34 PM
you must not be looking very hard. :rolleyes:

keep looking bucky...........

That's true. I'm certainly not looking.

depittydawg
08-21-2010, 05:36 PM
I will agree that I think that George W. Bush was one of the worst Presidents in the history of our country. However, it is clear that he felt and feels the depth of the sacrifices that have been made by our young men and women acting on his orders. He has written to the families and met with many of the families. To accuse him of not caring makes no more sense than to accuse Obama (who has done the same things) of not caring. The evidence is that both understand and accept the responsibility that comes with their positions and that they have both sought to make clear to our soldiers and their families -- alive, wounded and dead -- how much we honor their service. I hope that we never again do to our soldiers the disservice that we did to those who fought on our behalf in Vietnam.

George Bush, or his handlers, were the experts of staged photo ops.

YardleyLabs
08-21-2010, 05:56 PM
George Bush, or his handlers, were the experts of staged photo ops.
Actually, the evidence suggests that he avoided publicity in almost all of his efforts to reach out to the families of fallen soldiers. You are often more likely to hear about some of the things done from the families than from the White House. One family commented on receiving a letter from the President. When they opened it there was a handwritten PS at the bottom from Laura Bush. Similarly, Obama's letters have had an impact since he appears to be signing them with his first name, "Barack" with personal observations abut each soldier. As much as I dislike the policies that Bush put into place, the man has consistently shown himself to be deeply caring about the people of the country and especially about the soldiers who have given so much. Attacking him on such an issue evidences the same blind hatred that is so often directed at the current President, and it is wrong.

Nor_Cal_Angler
08-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Actually, the evidence suggests that he avoided publicity in almost all of his efforts to reach out to the families of fallen soldiers. You are often more likely to hear about some of the things done from the families than from the White House. One family commented on receiving a letter from the President. When they opened it there was a handwritten PS at the bottom from Laura Bush. Similarly, Obama's letters have had an impact since he appears to be signing them with his first name, "Barack" with personal observations abut each soldier. As much as I dislike the policies that Bush put into place, the man has consistently shown himself to be deeply caring about the people of the country and especially about the soldiers who have given so much. Attacking him on such an issue evidences the same blind hatred that is so often directed at the current President, and it is wrong.

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH....are my eyes decieving me...:shock::shock::shock:

Did you just say what I think you said....

Red.....I didnt agree with much (but much more than you) of President Bush's policies

Blue....and this is where we differ the most....I agree with you that President Bush did care DEEPLY for this country...and I just dont see it in our current President...you feel he does care for our country and I can't see in any way shape or form that his policies todate have done any good for this country and show any shred of "caring" about the people....

NCA

YardleyLabs
08-21-2010, 06:35 PM
...I agree with you that President Bush did care DEEPLY for this country...and I just dont see it in our current President...... I can't see in any way shape or form that his policies todate have done any good for this country and show any shred of "caring" about the people....

NCA
Don't worry. You simply suffer a case of right eye dominance. With a lot of mental exercise, you can probably learn to see better.;-)

charly_t
08-21-2010, 06:58 PM

Boy, ain't your current school year started yet ?

People this is a prime example of what our current school system is turning out. Fear has entered my very soul. Be afraid America ! Very afraid. Lets see.....bankers son.....correct ? So far all this rabble rousing you spout seems to apply to yourself 100%. I presume you just came to this forum to play the "TROLL". If not we will gladly excuse you so you can go play with people who think ( and act ) like you do. This is Great Granny talking and she means every word of it.

dnf777
08-21-2010, 07:39 PM
you total idgit - ghadafi turned around and gave us a lot of intel after reagan set his ass straight with a serious ass-whuppin bombing. thats not a party in that pic there, that is an intel gathering.

are you really trying to outdo deppity with ignorant posts? what does this prove?? NOTHING. YOU of all people, who castigated me when i posted a pic of Michelle Obama with luis farrakhans mother at a luncheon - oh no, that was no big deal was it? that proved nothing, right? right. it showed at the very least strong muslim sympathy - and bad choice of friends.

you can has it both ways bro - chooooze your direction!

you are losing dude, you will never win.

You are so pathetic in your one-sided hatred its comical!!

Imagine a similar picture with Obama or Hilary sitting with a known terrorist who killed 240 marines!! OMFG--you would evicerate youself!

Instead, you make mamby-pamby excuses about how how he's a good guy now? YOU are the terrorist sympathizer! You remind me of those big mammas on the late news as their kids are being ducked into the back seat of a police car.........."but he's a GOOT boy!"

LMAO at your standing up for Mohamar Kadaffi! Proud of yourself?

BTW, I think its stupid to meet with Farrakan...I don't care who it is. He is a blatant racist, and has no business in a legitimate discussion. So there.

dnf777
08-21-2010, 07:45 PM

I was actually counting service time for when people actually reported for duty, and served their full obligation! Sorry, your boy doesn't make that cut.

I wasn't making enough to even pay taxes at that time. Not that its any of your business, but yes, I have contributed MORE than my "tax cut" amount to various medical, service, and veterans charities, and am proud to do so. I will continue to support those charities even if the Bush cuts are repealed.

dnf777
08-21-2010, 07:51 PM
HEW beat me to this so I'll try not to duplicate too much.

I owe you an apology dback. I was referring to the group, but indeed, mistakenly put a "you" in my statement. My error, and my apologies. I only mentioned that as I have personally had my service belittled on this forum in the not too distant pass.

dback
08-21-2010, 07:58 PM
I owe you an apology dback. I was referring to the group, but indeed, mistakenly put a "you" in my statement. My error, and my apologies. I only mentioned that as I have personally had my service belittled on this forum in the not too distant pass.

Accepted.....handshake and we'll try it again.

Nor_Cal_Angler
08-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Don't worry. You simply suffer a case of right eye dominance. With a lot of mental exercise, you can probably learn to see better.;-)

Ohhh I have been doing my mental exercise...and what the excersies have strengthened is, what the PROGRESSIVE LEFT is doing to this country is giving my right eye dominant case a BLACK EYE!!!!!:cool::cool:;-);-)

NCA

paul young
08-21-2010, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=david gibson;664229]Paul:

if He did the same, the only way you would see it is that He is our savior and hero and should be worshiped for it because of our undying love for Him. He will never do anything you do not agree with for you are incapable of looking beyond your complete and total adoration of Him.

this forum really should be re-named the "i love Obama and anything he says or does is godly and saintly forum".

we should have a separate forum called the "i hate the evil great satan bush and anything he did or said forum".

but heaven forbid that we should have a "we are all Americans and should work together for the common good forum". all of those who disagree with Him are being partisan and racist if they do not abandon all their past beliefs and follow Him only. Compromise does not mean you meet Him halfway, compromise means you must meet Him fully on his side and worship all that He believeth, for only He hath the true answer and is wise beyond our puny mortal understanding.

i am sure that the returning troops are glad to be home, and realize that their orders to risk their life and limb came from the evil great satan bush himself, and that their only salvation is because He brought them home to safety, and now they as well must lock step and follow Him for eternal salvation and government dependence. And they must grant Him all the vacation and golf time He decideth He must have, for clearly He obtains his visions of greatness and powers to save us all from eternal damnation during His kingly retreats.

and now that He is in power, we will forever be at peace with the muslim world that He as so graciously bestowed by his apologies for all the atrocities of the evil satan beast bush. there will be no reason to deploy them again in near future because He is our savior and will in turn save the world as only He can. Obama Akbar!

David,

i just hope that you are not truly as warped as this post would suggest.

tell me you DON'T hate him. really, say the words if you can.

i have never "worshipped" a President and never will. they are human. they will make mistakes. they will try to do what they think is best for the country, but often, they will fail to some degree.

i don't hate Bush. i have never said i do and never will. he never did anything to me to warrant such an extreme emotion. hell, i don't even hate anybody on this forum, despite the personal attacks leveled at me by them.

you know, it's almost as though you didn't read what i posted....-Paul

Hew
08-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Imagine a similar picture with Obama or Hilary sitting with a known terrorist who killed 240 marines!! OMFG--you would evicerate youself!
Psssst....Libya and Iran are two different countries. Iran is the country behind the Marine barracks bombing; not Libya. Have you declared jihad on history?

I'll help you out though. If you want to feign indignation about Rice meeting with Khadaffi you should google "Lockerbie."

Hew
08-21-2010, 08:41 PM
I was actually counting service time for when people actually reported for duty, and served their full obligation! Sorry, your boy doesn't make that cut.
Not surprising that anyone who reinvents history to serve their purpose would also believe "fake but true" documentation that supposedly refutes Bush's honorable discharge.

dnf777
08-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Psssst....Libya and Iran are two different countries. Iran is the country behind the Marine barracks bombing; not Libya. Have you declared jihad on history?

I'll help you out though. If you want to feign indignation about Rice meeting with Khadaffi you should google "Lockerbie."

Holy crap! You're right.
Thanks for the help. :mad:

road kill
08-21-2010, 09:37 PM

If you knew anything about leadership, you would know the responsibilty and burdon that comes with it.
That would include leading or sending men into combat.

RK

dnf777
08-21-2010, 09:49 PM
If you knew anything about leadership, you would know the responsibilty and burdon that comes with it.
That would include leading or sending men into combat.

RK

you know nothing about me, and I know nothing about you. how bout we leave it at that, and not make assumptions? I'll let the troops under my command when I was in the army make that determination, not someone sitting at a keyboard in WI.

depittydawg
08-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Boy, ain't your current school year started yet ?

People this is a prime example of what our current school system is turning out. Fear has entered my very soul. Be afraid America ! Very afraid. Lets see.....bankers son.....correct ? So far all this rabble rousing you spout seems to apply to yourself 100%. I presume you just came to this forum to play the "TROLL". If not we will gladly excuse you so you can go play with people who think ( and act ) like you do. This is Great Granny talking and she means every word of it.

There seems to be two responses that come from the Right when confronted with information they would rather ignore. Either the messenger is uneducated. This is usually the initial response. I've been called that many times around this forum. I've also been called a leftist "Ivy Leaguer". That connotation meaning that two much education must somehow dull the senses and prevent that Good Old Boy "gut feeeling" common sense that some many Righties seem to substitute for intelligence. Which school do you hail from Granny? I'm neither a young person, nor an uneducated person. No doubt some on this board have achieved more academic success than myself, many others I'm sure are way behind. Doesn't really matter to me.
But I won't sit still and quiet while people trash talk, and double talk their way around the truth. What is it that the Right Wing fears so much with the truth?

M&K's Retrievers
08-21-2010, 11:22 PM
There seems to be two responses that come from the Right when confronted with information they would rather ignore. Either the messenger is uneducated. This is usually the initial response. I've been called that many times around this forum. I've also been called a leftist "Ivy Leaguer". That connotation meaning that two much education must somehow dull the senses and prevent that Good Old Boy "gut feeeling" common sense that some many Righties seem to substitute for intelligence. Which school do you hail from Granny? I'm neither a young person, nor an uneducated person. No doubt some on this board have achieved more academic success than myself, many others I'm sure are way behind. Doesn't really matter to me.
But I won't sit still and quiet while people trash talk, and double talk their way around the truth. What is it that the Right Wing fears so much with the truth?

DS, give us a break! You just got taken to the wood shed by Yardley.

M&K's Retrievers
08-21-2010, 11:33 PM
There seems to be two responses (you only cite one) that come from the Right when confronted with information they would rather ignore. Either the messenger is uneducated. (Incomplete sentence). This is usually the initial response. I've been called that many times around this forum. I've also been called a leftist "Ivy Leaguer". That connotation meaning that two (too) much education must somehow dull the senses and prevent that Good Old Boy "gut feeeling" (sp) common sense that some many Righties seem to substitute for intelligence. Which school do you hail from Granny? I'm neither a young person, nor an uneducated person. No doubt some on this board have achieved more academic success than myself, many others I'm sure are way behind. Doesn't really matter to me.
But I won't sit still and quiet while people trash talk, and double talk their way around the truth. What is it that the Right Wing fears so much with the truth? In this particular thread you lied or at least misspoke

Moron......

Cody Covey
08-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Deppity you have been completely owned throughout this whole thread for (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt although I'm not sure it's deserved) ignorance on more than one issue. Not only that but by your "own side" and yet you still come back here and call us crazy right wingers the liars?

P.S. M&K great post straight to the point~

charly_t
08-22-2010, 01:04 AM

What in tarnation are you babbling about now ? Let me straighten out your thinking a little. I did not vote for Bush, did not care for his politics nor Gores. In fact I can't see much good in either party at this time. I hail from the school of hard knocks and age. I vote for the man ( or woman ) not the party. I grew up rich in love and family life and it helps me see the evil and hate in some people. We grew up working on the farm and you would be amazed at what that quiet time for reflection on things does for one's mind.
I also learned to tell the truth which seems to escape some people these days. I may not seem educated to people like you but I do know not to tell a lie.........especially on a public net forum.

road kill
08-22-2010, 06:44 AM
you know nothing about me, and I know nothing about you. how bout we leave it at that, and not make assumptions? I'll let the troops under my command when I was in the army make that determination, not someone sitting at a keyboard in WI.

Did you lead or send men into combat?

If not, then you would have no grasp of the sacrifice & burdon that you speak of.

I stand by the comment.

RK

road kill
08-22-2010, 07:36 AM

You are right, we really don't know your education level.

All we have to gauge your intelligience is YOUR posts.

Hence the assumption your not too bright.;-)

ust sayin'.....

RK

dnf777
08-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Did you lead or send men into combat?

If not, then you would have no grasp of the sacrifice & burdon that you speak of.

I stand by the comment.

RK

We were a forward operating area, 101st Air Defense Artillery, but I will not dare to compare my combat experience and medals to yours. I have too much respect for fellow veterans than to get into a pissing match over combat operations.

I have no doubt that you saw far worse than I did. That is really beneath both of us, and I thought I woud never see the day that RK would belittle or downplay someone's service record either. I am truly disappointed and saddened by your sudden change in demeanor. I thought you were one of the pillars of decency on this forum and better than that, but you have just sunk to a new low. I respect you for your service and will not ever down play the time you spent serving, so lets just end this dialogue.

road kill
08-22-2010, 08:08 AM
We were a forward operating area, 101st Air Defense Artillery, but I will not dare to compare my combat experience and medals to yours. I have too much respect for fellow veterans than to get into a pissing match over combat operations.

I have no doubt that you saw far worse than I did. That is really beneath both of us, and I thought I woud never see the day that RK would belittle or downplay someone's service record either. I am truly disappointed and saddened by your sudden change in demeanor. I thought you were one of the pillars of decency on this forum and better than that, but you have just sunk to a new low. I respect you for your service and will not ever down play the time you spent serving, so lets just end this dialogue.
I belittled nothing, you require no assistance with that.
YOU belittled President Bush's.

I asked if you have ever led or sent men into combat.
If you have not, then you could never understand what goes with that.

Indisputable truth.

nuff said..........

RK

dnf777
08-22-2010, 09:27 AM
I belittled nothing, you require no assistance with that.
YOU belittled President Bush's.

I asked if you have ever led or sent men into combat.
If you have not, then you could never understand what goes with that.

Indisputable truth.

nuff said..........

RK

Oh great sage of truth, I tremble at your greatness!
From what mountain to you profess truth and hurl lightning bolts at us mere mortals?

And you're right. 'nuff said. I won't talk of my combat experiences in this context. Little as they may be.

This pesky nagging is getting old.

road kill
08-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Oh great sage of truth, I tremble at your greatness!

You are learning.:D

RK

Julie R.
08-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by depittydawg http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?p=664527#post664527)

You are right, we really don't know your education level.

All we have to gauge your intelligience is YOUR posts.

Hence the assumption your not too bright.;-)
just sayin'.....

RK

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/abigrofl.gif

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/LMAO.jpg

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/Best.gif

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Dippy
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr266/MouseOnAFeedsack/Smilies/Owned.gif

depittydawg
08-22-2010, 10:30 AM

I see all the right wing fanatics came out in full force, armed with their insults, inuendo's and group think armor. So predictable. So I'll address the one person who disagreed with me, provided a civilized discourse for his opinion, and in fact was somewhat persuasive.
I saw little to no evidence that Bush, or his minions cared much for US troops while they were in Power. I also saw quite a bit of evidence to the contrary. Here is a sample.

1. On Monday and Tuesday, amid the suicide bombing carnage that left at least 34 Iraqis dead, three more U.S. servicemen were killed in combat in Iraq. In the coming days their bodies will be boxed up and sent home for burial. While en route, the coffins will be deliberately shielded from view, lest the media capture on film the dark image of this ultimate sacrifice. It is almost certain, as well, that like all of the hundreds of U.S. troops killed in this war to date, these dead soldiers will be interred or memorialized without the solemn presence of the President of the United States.

Increasingly, this proclivity on the part of President Bush to avoid the normal duty of a commander-in-chief to honor dead soldiers is causing rising irritation among some veterans and their families who have noticed what appears to be a historically anomalous slight.

"This country has a lot of history where commanders visit wounded soldiers and commanders talked to families of deceased soldiers and commanders attend funerals. It's just one of these understood traditions," says Seth Pollack, an 8-year veteran who served in the First Armored Division in both the first Gulf War and the Bosnia operation. "At the company level, the division level ... the general tradition is to honor the soldier, and the way you honor these soldiers is to have high-ranking officials attend the funeral. For the President not to have attended any is simply disrespectful."

Repeated questions on the matter posed to the White House over the past week earned only a series of "We'll call you back" and "Let me get back to you on that" comments from press officer Jimmy Orr.

Soldiers in the field, say veterans who have been there, have a lot more on their mind than whether or not the President has been photographed with a flag-draped coffin. But for those vets' rights activists who have not only noticed but begun to demand answers from the Bush Administration, the President lost the benefit of their doubt by his actions over the past six months. "I was really shocked that the president wouldn't attend a funeral for a soldier he sent to die," said Pollack, who is board president of Veterans for Common Sense. "But at the same time I'm not surprised in the least. This Administration has consistently shown a great deal of hypocrisy between their talk about supporting the troops and what they've actually done," he added.

"From the cuts in the VA budget, reductions in various pays for soldiers deployed . . . to the most recent things like those we've seen at Fort Stewart, where soldiers who are wounded are not being treated well, the Administration has shown a blatant disregard for the needs of the soldiers." Pollack was referring to 600 wounded, ill and injured soldiers at a base in Georgia who were recently reported to be suffering from terrible living conditions, poor medical treatment and bureaucratic indifference. During a recent stop at Fort Stewart, President Bush visited returning soldiers but bypassed the wounded next door.

"Bush's inaction is a national disgrace," said one Gulf War I vet, speaking off the record. "I'm distressed at the lack of coverage ? amounting to government censorship ? of the funerals of returning U.S. service members. By Christopher Scheer
October 30, 2003
More anecdotal evidence:
2. The use of National Guard Troops for a foreign war, and even extending their tours for as much as 10 years.
3. The hiding of US serviceman and women KIA and shielding them from Press coverage.
4. The fact that, to my knowledge, he NEVER once attended the Furneral Service of a fallen Serviceman. Contrast this to the Democratic governor in my state who never MISSED a funeral service for one of our dead Guardsman who died for George Bush's War.
I could go on, but don't have the time. Suffice to say, most agree that GWB was a complete failure as commander and chief. As the Right Wing now try's to re-write history and change the Former Failed leaders legacy with after-the-fact marketing and more photo ops, I would hope that most of us won't be swayed to change our opinions. He had his chance while he was in office. He failed. End of story.

Cody Covey
08-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I see all the right wing fanatics came out in full force, armed with their insults, inuendo's and group think armor. So predictable. So I'll address the one person who disagreed with me, provided a civilized discourse for his opinion, and in fact was somewhat persuasive.
I saw little to no evidence that Bush, or his minions cared much for US troops while they were in Power. I also saw quite a bit of evidence to the contrary. Here is a sample.

1. On Monday and Tuesday, amid the suicide bombing carnage that left at least 34 Iraqis dead, three more U.S. servicemen were killed in combat in Iraq. In the coming days their bodies will be boxed up and sent home for burial. While en route, the coffins will be deliberately shielded from view, lest the media capture on film the dark image of this ultimate sacrifice. It is almost certain, as well, that like all of the hundreds of U.S. troops killed in this war to date, these dead soldiers will be interred or memorialized without the solemn presence of the President of the United States.

Increasingly, this proclivity on the part of President Bush to avoid the normal duty of a commander-in-chief to honor dead soldiers is causing rising irritation among some veterans and their families who have noticed what appears to be a historically anomalous slight.

"This country has a lot of history where commanders visit wounded soldiers and commanders talked to families of deceased soldiers and commanders attend funerals. It's just one of these understood traditions," says Seth Pollack, an 8-year veteran who served in the First Armored Division in both the first Gulf War and the Bosnia operation. "At the company level, the division level ... the general tradition is to honor the soldier, and the way you honor these soldiers is to have high-ranking officials attend the funeral. For the President not to have attended any is simply disrespectful."

Repeated questions on the matter posed to the White House over the past week earned only a series of "We'll call you back" and "Let me get back to you on that" comments from press officer Jimmy Orr.

Soldiers in the field, say veterans who have been there, have a lot more on their mind than whether or not the President has been photographed with a flag-draped coffin. But for those vets' rights activists who have not only noticed but begun to demand answers from the Bush Administration, the President lost the benefit of their doubt by his actions over the past six months. "I was really shocked that the president wouldn't attend a funeral for a soldier he sent to die," said Pollack, who is board president of Veterans for Common Sense. "But at the same time I'm not surprised in the least. This Administration has consistently shown a great deal of hypocrisy between their talk about supporting the troops and what they've actually done," he added.

"From the cuts in the VA budget, reductions in various pays for soldiers deployed . . . to the most recent things like those we've seen at Fort Stewart, where soldiers who are wounded are not being treated well, the Administration has shown a blatant disregard for the needs of the soldiers." Pollack was referring to 600 wounded, ill and injured soldiers at a base in Georgia who were recently reported to be suffering from terrible living conditions, poor medical treatment and bureaucratic indifference. During a recent stop at Fort Stewart, President Bush visited returning soldiers but bypassed the wounded next door.

"Bush's inaction is a national disgrace," said one Gulf War I vet, speaking off the record. "I'm distressed at the lack of coverage ? amounting to government censorship ? of the funerals of returning U.S. service members. By Christopher Scheer
October 30, 2003
More anecdotal evidence:
2. The use of National Guard Troops for a foreign war, and even extending their tours for as much as 10 years.
3. The hiding of US serviceman and women KIA and shielding them from Press coverage.
4. The fact that, to my knowledge, he NEVER once attended the Furneral Service of a fallen Serviceman. Contrast this to the Democratic governor in my state who never MISSED a funeral service for one of our dead Guardsman who died for George Bush's War.
I could go on, but don't have the time. Suffice to say, most agree that GWB was a complete failure as commander and chief. As the Right Wing now try's to re-write history and change the Former Failed leaders legacy with after-the-fact marketing and more photo ops, I would hope that most of us won't be swayed to change our opinions. He had his chance while he was in office. He failed. End of story.
Yeah that damn MSNBC and their right wingers they have on staff rewriting history!

YardleyLabs
08-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah that damn MSNBC and their right wingers they have on staff rewriting history!
I actually don't think they were rewriting history. They were simply focusing on one aspect of history and blowing it out of proportion. The Bush administration made a deliberate decision to keep the press away from the sight of flag-draped coffins returning to America. The public explanation was that this was done to respect the privacy of the dead soldiers and their families. The reality is that it was done to reduce public reaction against the war as the number of casualties mounted. As a consequence, Bush was the first war time President in modern history to never be photographed "welcoming" our fallen soldiers home.

The implication of the story posted by depittydawg is that this evidenced a lack of concern. I suspect that had Clinton or Obama done the same, the right would have said that as well. It was a news management decision, not a lack of caring. It was opposed by those who felt they were being denied the right to report something important, and by those opposing the war who wanted the symbolism of hundreds and thousands of flag draped coffins to catalyze opposition.

Bush evidenced his concern for the troops and their families in other ways. Elevating that one issue out of proportion is wrong whether it is done by the right or the left.

road kill
08-22-2010, 11:47 AM
I actually don't think they were rewriting history. They were simply focusing on one aspect of history and blowing it out of proportion. The Bush administration made a deliberate decision to keep the press away from the sight of flag-draped coffins returning to America. The public explanation was that this was done to respect the privacy of the dead soldiers and their families. The reality is that it was done to reduce public reaction against the war as the number of casualties mounted. As a consequence, Bush was the first war time President in modern history to never be photographed "welcoming" our fallen soldiers home.

The implication of the story posted by depittydawg is that this evidenced a lack of concern. I suspect that had Clinton or Obama done the same, the right would have said that as well. It was a news management decision, not a lack of caring. It was opposed by those who felt they were being denied the right to report something important, and by those opposing the war who wanted the symbolism of hundreds and thousands of flag draped coffins to catalyze opposition.

Bush evidenced his concern for the troops and their families in other ways. Elevating that one issue out of proportion is wrong whether it is done by the right or the left.

Did Bush tell you this himself??

RK

YardleyLabs
08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Did Bush tell you this himself??

RK
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A55816-2003Oct20

road kill
08-22-2010, 01:52 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A55816-2003Oct20

"A Pentagon spokeswoman said the military-wide policy actually dates from about November 2000 -- the last days of the Clinton administration "

The insinuation that Bush started this policy is "just a bit outside!!"

RK

YardleyLabs
08-22-2010, 01:58 PM
"A Pentagon spokeswoman said the military-wide policy actually dates from about November 2000 -- the last days of the Clinton administration "

The insinuation that Bush started this policy is "just a bit outside!!"

RK
Read the rest of the article. It makes it clear that the policy -- which was actually first put forward by the Pentagon in 1991 (GHWB), was not enforced until the eve of the Iraq invasion in 2003.

depittydawg
08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Read the rest of the article. It makes it clear that the policy -- which was actually first put forward by the Pentagon in 1991 (GHWB), was not enforced until the eve of the Iraq invasion in 2003.

To my best recollection, there were NO troops coming home in flag draped coffins during the Clinton administration. At least not in the hundreds and thousands as occurred during the Bush escalating War years.

Anybody care to take a guess at how many American Soldiers were KIA in the Bosnia War under then Commander Guy Bill Clinton?

road kill
08-22-2010, 02:39 PM
I did read the article.
And I noticed who started the policy, something you seem to want to dissmiss for some reason.

I just thought I would point it out.

RK

YardleyLabs
08-22-2010, 03:07 PM
To my best recollection, there were NO troops coming home in flag draped coffins during the Clinton administration. At least not in the hundreds and thousands as occurred during the Bush escalating War years.

Anybody care to take a guess at how many American Soldiers were KIA in the Bosnia War under then Commander Guy Bill Clinton?
One soldier died in Kosovo, and 75 died as a result of terrorist actions, including 33 who died in the bombing of the Cole. In 1996, Clinton met the returning coffins of those killed on the Cole as they arrived in Dover. The event was open to reporters.

The original ban was imposed by the first President Bush after the three network news programs aired a segment showing the returning coffins at Dover on one side of the screen while on the other they showed the President engaged in jocular conversation. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/23/iraq/main613301.shtml) While Clinton did not rescind the ban imposed by his predecessor, it was not enforced again until the second Gulf war began.

Eric Johnson
08-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Many presidents and senators have kids in harm's way. Biden and Webb come to mind.

I know what's coming, but before you attack and belittle the service records of those men's kids, please try to answer the question. I think its legit?

Sarah Palin's son served in Iraq just recently.

Eric

dnf777
08-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Sarah Palin's son served in Iraq just recently.

Eric

Good for him. If I ever meet him, I will thank him for his service to country.