PDA

View Full Version : Listen to Ron Paul

dnf777
08-24-2010, 05:07 AM
A true libertarian.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2010-08-20/ron-paul-sunshine-patriots-stop-your-demagogy-about-the-nyc-mosque/

ducknwork
08-24-2010, 05:58 AM
A brief synopsis for those who don't want to click the link:

If you think the mosque shouldn't be built in the proposed location, then shut up.

Hew
08-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Someone forgot to close that little squirrel's cage door and he's out runnin' wild again. I do appreciate, though, that he has put his foot down firmly on the wrong side of decency, common sense and history on yet another issue...shooting even more holes in his cheesecloth-like credibility.

Buzz
08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
The whole thing is a continuation of the campaign to scare white people.

dnf777
08-24-2010, 08:49 AM
I figured it out
I think this nation deserves to have its ass kicked. We have turned into a bunch of goody two shoes ,politically correct,,please don't take my lunch money I'll do anything on my knees for you ,,,,infidels.

We'll get exactly what we deserve,,,no doubt in my mind

Pete

Is it hatred, religious bigotry, or just fear that makes one adopt that attitude of trashing the Constitution and Bill of Rights?

Do you forget what principles this country was founded upon?

I don't like the idea of a mosque there either, but my likes and dislikes don't override the Constitutional rights of other American citizens.

And THAT'S what its all about in the end.

Buzz
08-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Is it hatred, religious bigotry, or just fear that makes one adopt that attitude of trashing the Constitution and Bill of Rights?

I don't like the idea of a mosque there either, but my likes and dislikes don't override the Constitutional rights of other American citizens.

Tuesday quiz.

How many constitutional amendments have Republicans proposed in the current congress?

YardleyLabs
08-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Tuesday quiz.

How many constitutional amendments have Republicans proposed in the current congress?
The same as the number that represents the answer to all things -- the meaning of life, the universe, etc. -- in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: 42.

Matt McKenzie
08-24-2010, 09:10 AM

You and I are on the same side with this one. It pisses me off that both Republicans and Democrats are willing to disregard the Constitution when it comes in conflict with their political agendas.

Cody Covey
08-24-2010, 10:21 AM

How many times are you gonna spout this crap before you realize no one is saying they CAN'T do it. People are just saying they SHOULDN'T do it. Where in the constitution does it say people can't have an opinion?

dnf777
08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
[The old adage still stands
That if you stand for nothing you will fall for anything .If people keep giving in for the sake of peace I will guaranty there wont be any.

Pete

What you fail to see, is that I stand for our civil liberties and the Bill of Rights. You can't selectively enforce rights for just WASPS...they are for all citizens, of all colors, creeds, nationalities and religions. Ever hear of the USA being referred to as a "melting pot"? Especially the Big Apple. So I would return your cliche, that either YOU stand for the Constitution, or you'll fall for anything.

dnf777
08-24-2010, 10:42 AM
How many times are you gonna spout this crap before you realize no one is saying they CAN'T do it. People are just saying they SHOULDN'T do it. Where in the constitution does it say people can't have an opinion?

See my question to Hew. I address that specifically. yes, you have every right to protest....many of us fought and served to defend that right....as well as the right of others to practice their religion on their private property how they see fit. They question goes beyond that however. If you search back, you will see me saying that I wish they'd just move to another location. But after all the hatred and rhetoric the protestors have generated, I seriously doubt that will happen now.

Cody Covey
08-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes i have seen you say that but I've also seen you repeatedly state that you don't believe in trampling on the constitution or the bill or rights which makes no sense because no one is attempting infringe upon that right.

ducknwork
08-24-2010, 11:17 AM
what you don't understand is ,,I don't care what religion,race or creed someone is,,,they cant come in my house and shit on the dinner table

Pete

Quote of the day right there fellas...:p

LMAO...

Gerry Clinchy
08-24-2010, 11:51 AM
But after all the hatred and rhetoric the protestors have generated, I seriously doubt that will happen now.

So, was it always a no-win situation, then?

1) Do not protest, and the mosque gets built because no one voices any opinion against doing so;

2) Protest, and the mosque gets built because protesting makes the developers more rigid in their stance.

So ... should everyone just sit down and shut up?

I kinda, sorta thought that the whole idea of free speech was that voicing a different opinion might just change an outcome.

This is not just in relation to this issue ... but could be applied to any issue. Don't protest cause it will just diss off the people you oppose?

Back to the mosque: Interestingly, while Rauf is saying (on his trip) that the controversy is a "good" thing to publicize the mosque; his wife Daisy is hinting that they should take into account the feelings of those who do not feel its location is appropriate.

So, maybe in this case, the developers just weren't in touch with how the majority of Americans felt about the issue? It really doesn't matter whether an opponent is a New Yorker or not. On 9-11 New York became a symbol for all Americans. On 9-11 everyone was a New Yorker.

dnf777
08-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Since when is privately owned property in NYC YOUR table? If any analogy is to be made, it is THEIR table. And since when is worshipping God considered "shitting on a table"? I don't look at God that way.[/COLOR]
What you fail to see David is that there are plenty of post WW2 germans living in this country peacfully,,,yet do you think Nazism would be welcomed at our own door step then or now. This is an Islamic community center and mosque for Islam. It is not an al-qaeda shrine. the protestors are trying to establish that association, and people like you are falling for it.
According to you they have the constitutional right to take over this country as long as they have the majority vote. Absolutely not so, and I never said that. I've pointed out that simple majorities do NOT have the final say so. Same with radical IslamI don't think thats what our founding CHRISTIAN framers of the constitution ( 52 out of 56 I believe ,,,were proffessed christians) had in mind,,

Nor do I think that Jesus in a pickle jar full of piss constitutes freedom of speech which was be funded with my money,,,, I can go freakin on and on,,,but lest I bore you. What you consider art is your business. I frankly don't care.

I'll say it again we have become an insane people,,,,the pickins are good for conquest.

Pete

Pete

WaterDogRem
08-24-2010, 12:48 PM

So why don't you like the idea of the mosque being built there?

Sounds to me like your thinking just like your so called "Bigots", "although they are legally correct and have the right to build, it is just too insensitive".

Haven't heard anyone trash the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

dnf777
08-24-2010, 12:54 PM
So why don't you like the idea of the mosque being built there?

Sounds to me like your thinking just like your so called "Bigots", "although they are legally correct and have the right to build, it is just too insensitive".

I'm not a huge fan of any organized religion. I think its between a man and his God. Had that discussion already.

Besides, I'd rather see a Cabela's super store built there, that's my main opposition to the mosque. :D

WaterDogRem
08-24-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm not a huge fan of any organized religion. I think its between a man and his God. Had that discussion already.

Besides, I'd rather see a Cabela's super store built there, that's my main opposition to the mosque. :D

Ok, that's your opinion just as others have an opinion about it being insensitive, and are not willing to trash the Constitution.

Cabela's in NYC, keep dreaming. Wonder how many liberal groups (anti-gun, PETA, etc.) would be calling to block that and truly trash the Constitution.

dnf777
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
And the Trojen horse was just a pretty little horsey

Pete

No Trojan Horse is getting past YOU!!! Good job!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/fart-in-your-general-direct.jpg

road kill
08-24-2010, 06:03 PM
And the Trojen horse was just a pretty little horsey

Pete

No Trojan Horse is getting past YOU!!! Good job!

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/fart-in-your-general-direct.jpg[/QUOTE]

SUBSTANCE??;-)

RK

mjh345
08-24-2010, 07:37 PM
You and I are on the same side with this one. It pisses me off that both Republicans and Democrats are willing to disregard the Constitution when it comes in conflict with their political agendas.

Couldn't agree more!!

dnf777
08-24-2010, 08:27 PM
SUBSTANCE??;-)

RK

African or European substance?

ducknwork
08-25-2010, 06:04 AM
Couldn't agree more!!

Agree with what? GEEEEZZEEEE!

Once more, with feeling this time, NOBODY has said that it can't be built. EVERYONE knows that legally, it can. Many people have said that it shouldn't be built there. Nobody is disregarding the constitution on this issue! Why is that so difficult to understand?:confused::confused:

dnf777
08-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Agree with what? GEEEEZZEEEE!

Once more, with feeling this time, NOBODY has said that it can't be built. EVERYONE knows that legally, it can. Many people have said that it shouldn't be built there. Nobody is disregarding the constitution on this issue! Why is that so difficult to understand?:confused::confused:

For one, the RWM picked up on this quickly, and changed horses in mid stream! Also, Newt has now backed out of an appearance. Apparently he checked the polls and long-term republican stragegists who pointed out they pissed off enough "minority" groups to stay locked out of the whitehouse for years to come. The fear card only works so long, then the response fatigues.

Hew
08-25-2010, 05:12 PM
For one, the RWM picked up on this quickly, and changed horses in mid stream! For starters, I can't think of anyone on this board less qualified to opine about how fast the RWM picked up on the story, since from the context of what you've written about the mosque so far, you didn't even realize yourself that it was a story until last week sometime (when you doubted that the Marines RK spoke to could have even known about the story). The mosque issue has been in the news (all news; not just Fox) for months. There were 1,000+ people protests in New York as far back as May (as reported by ABC National News: http://abcnews.go.com/US/mosque-plan-clears-hurdle-protests/story?id=10747570 ). Any notion that the RWM created the story is absurd. As for the "changing horses in mid-stream," I don't know exactly what you're referring to. but if it is your contention that the RWM had been saying that the Muslims have no right to build a mosque and now they're saying that they have the right but shouldn't build it you're also mistaken and ill-equipped to defend that point as well. I'll ask you a second time to name some names of politicians/commentators who were/are saying that the muslims shouldn't have the legal right to build their monument to Islam in the debris field of the World Trade Center. Also, Newt has now backed out of an appearance. Apparently he checked the polls and long-term republican stragegists who pointed out they pissed off enough "minority" groups to stay locked out of the whitehouse for years to come. If that's your original thought then you aren't very good at math. Muslims make up about 1% of eligible voters. 70% of the country is against the mosque. As well, I would suspect that the 70% spans much of the entire ethnic and political demographics of the country, and I know it includes a great many Democrat politicians. This issue, from a numbers standpoint, is electoral GOLD for those opposed and a poison pill for those in favor (as evidenced by the miniscule numbers of politicians with the balls to come out strongly in favor of the mosque). The fear card only works so long, then the response fatigues.