PDA

View Full Version : Is the Tea Party fad over

BonMallari
08-25-2010, 03:16 PM
seems like the Tea Party has been shooting blanks....I knew they didnt have the infrastructure,funding or game plan for the long haul...seems to me that a lot of "their candidates" are getting beat ..in the beginning their premise and platform had some merit, but I think they were too extreme even for conservatives like me, and the candidates were so quick to wrap themselves in the Tea Party flag, when in reality they had no substance

dnf777
08-25-2010, 04:17 PM
What's funny, is that it started as a group that was tired with politics as usual. I think many folks from BOTH sides of the aisle could find common ground with that premise. Had they focused on campaign finance reform and lobbyist reform in a bi-partisan approach, I think they had a truly viable party.

They seemed to have a strong libertarian flavor for a while, but it turned out to be more right-wing anti-Obama in disguise. (which is fine, but there's already the republican party, which was fractured by the tea-party) As it morphed into a mostly anti-Obama movement, without its own direction and solutions, it seemed to lose steam. They got some really wacko spokespersons that didn't help.

BonMallari
08-25-2010, 04:23 PM
What's funny, is that it started as a group that was tired with politics as usual. I think many folks from BOTH sides of the aisle could find common ground with that premise. Had they focused on campaign finance reform and lobbyist reform in a bi-partisan approach, I think they had a truly viable party.

They seemed to have a strong libertarian flavor for a while, but it turned out to be more right-wing anti-Obama in disguise. (which is fine, but there's already the republican party, which was fractured by the tea-party) As it morphed into a mostly anti-Obama movement, without its own direction and solutions, it seemed to lose steam. They got some really wacko spokespersons that didn't help.

major understatement....

gman0046
08-25-2010, 04:33 PM
The Tea Party candidate just beat the incumbent for the senate in Alaska. Where have they shot blanks?

BonMallari
08-25-2010, 04:47 PM
The Tea Party candidate just beat the incumbent for the senate in Alaska. Where have they shot blanks?

dont celebrate too quickly not all the ballots have been counted up there...Miller has a 2,000 vote lead over Murkowski with some 7,600 absentee ballots that wont be counted till August 31st ;)

the Tea Party got Sharron Angle nominated in Nevada to go against Harry Reid...and as much as I hate Dingy Harry, she opens her mouth and says some really stupid comments..we had a chance to knock Reid out and they went the extreme right candidate,instead of two choices that were only slightly right of center and both polled to beat Reid by double digits

gman0046
08-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Bon Mallari, again I ask where have they shot blanks?

BonMallari
08-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Bon Mallari, again I ask where have they shot blanks?

the Tea Party seems to choose the extreme candidate (at least for my tastes)..they have "appeared" to hitch their wagon to the Sarah Palin camp and IMHO thats a loosing strategy..Her candidates have a already lost a couple of races throughout the country...they seem to be real quiet now mainly because they spent most of their $$$ and werent as organized as they wanted you to believe...takes a lot of infrastructure to play ball with the big boys

gman0046
08-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Can you tell us where Palins candidates lost?

Hew
08-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Had they focused on campaign finance reform and lobbyist reform in a bi-partisan approach, I think they had a truly viable party. That's what you think the Tea Party stood/stands for? Lobbyist and finance reform? Really?

They seemed to have a strong libertarian flavor for a while, but it turned out to be more right-wing anti-Obama in disguise. Yeah, I must say that I was as shocked as you that the Tea Party folks would be anti-Obama. Afterall, it had to be purely coincidental that the Tea Party started at the same time Obama was sinking government tentacles into huge aspects of our lives.

I couldn't even type as many eyerolls as are warranted so I won't even bother.

Hew
08-25-2010, 06:42 PM
As for the tea party "shooting blanks"....that's a relatively unshared opinion from the analysis I've read. What I read is that there were mixed results. That a Tea Party-backed candidate couldn't beat an incumbent senator who two years ago won his party's nomination for president contributes to the "shooting blanks" perception then I'd have to agree with Rodney Dangerfield..."Tough crowd, tough crowd."

As for Palin...her endorsements were hardly rubber stamped for Tea Party candidates. She had a mix of Tea Party and traditional GOP'ers (like McCain). According to ABC, her endorsed candidates won 20 out of 30 races yesterday. Not exactly a waning influence.

dnf777
08-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Don't forget these are primary results. You better be able to keep the "losing voters" in the party come November.

Hew
08-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Don't forget these are primary results. You better be able to keep the "losing voters" in the party come November.
That's a good point, and you may end up with the last laugh. But Bon's argument seemed to be that the Tea Party and Palin didn't fare well yesterday and that's what I was responding to.

gman0046
08-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Another Liberal post by BonMallori and little yardley (dnf)with absolutely no facts to back it up.

Cody Covey
08-25-2010, 07:23 PM
think you and maybe UB are the only ones here that would be able to call Bon a liberal with a straight face. Independent would fly I'm sure but liberal no.

dnf777
08-25-2010, 07:39 PM
That's a good point, and you may end up with the last laugh. But Bon's argument seemed to be that the Tea Party and Palin didn't fare well yesterday and that's what I was responding to.

I wasn't arguing with you at all.
I'm not sure how much influence Palin has over voters. I really doubt that republicans of any flavor stand in the booth and ask, "what would Sarah do?"
Overall, since her rise to political fame, I think she's had mixed results. She certainly has an audience, but not the persuasive powers that someone like Rush has. He can almost make me agree with him sometimes.:confused:

As you know, I'm no big fan of her politics, but must admit, she is a most intriguing person. No doubt she should get a cover of Time Magazine. She's big on principles, but short on realistic means to achieve them.

Marvin S
08-25-2010, 11:09 PM
seems like the Tea Party has been shooting blanks....I knew they didnt have the infrastructure,funding or game plan for the long haul...seems to me that a lot of "their candidates" are getting beat ..in the beginning their premise and platform had some merit, but I think they were too extreme even for conservatives like me, and the candidates were so quick to wrap themselves in the Tea Party flag, when in reality they had no substance

Least organized of any movement, though there have been those attempting to profit from involvement :(. I don't believe they are in it for the long haul, some will stay, but us AUH2Oite's have held the R's accountable, mostly ;).

What you see in a lot of the races is someone getting Tea Party backing without adhering to the principles. The Right to Lifer's jumped on the BW early. We had 2 senatorial candidates in our state who were neophytes, with one somewhat more big time seasoned (2 SB rings). I should have recognized SP's endorsement probably carried a RTL pledge.

To be frank with you, I measure my candidates by what they accomplished in the real world. I will vote for substance over style any time. BTW, you can't really call JD Hayworth a real conservative, even with Tea Party backing. Just a lot of people sick of McCain!!!!!!!!!!

BonMallari
08-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Another Liberal post by BonMallori and little yardley (dnf)with absolutely no facts to back it up.

I've been called a lot of things in my day, but NEVER a liberal... LMAO

I dont even consider myself independant...I consider myself a fairly staunch conservative at times almost libertarian...havent voted for a democrat since 1974...and he was a field trialer, a National finalist, and a family friend

YardleyLabs
08-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Can you tell us where Palins candidates lost?
Palin losses to date include:

Washington Senate candidate Clint Didier (R).
Wyoming gubernatorial candidate Rita Meyer (R)
Rep. Nathan Deal's defeat of Karen Handel in Georgia's Republican runoff for governor,
Rep. Todd Tiahrt's loss in the GOP Senate primary in Kansas
CeCe Heil's (R) in Tennessee
Vaughn Ward lost to Rep. Raul Labrador
Bob McConnell in Colorado
Todd Tiarhrt in Kansas
Cecile Bledsoe in Arkansas
Angela McGowan in Mississippi

I would not say she has been shooting blanks, but the picture tends to be a little more complicated than she might like -- but then, isn't everything?

road kill
08-26-2010, 07:27 AM

Funny, I was thinking basically the same thing about "Obamasteria."

Seems that "rose" has lost it's "blush.":D

Just an observation.

RK

dnf777
08-26-2010, 10:06 AM
...I consider myself a fairly staunch conservative at times almost libertarian...havent voted for a democrat since 1974...and he was a field trialer, a National finalist, and a family friend

I think your credentials are intact. ;)

I heard that libertarians are just conservatives who want to roll their own once in a while. :cool:

badbullgator
08-26-2010, 10:11 AM

This form the KING of posting with nothing to back anything up :rolleyes:

dnf777
08-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Psssssst....he was referring to gman. You're not the sun and we all revolve around you. ;-)

Oops. Deleted with my apologies.

Gerry Clinchy
08-26-2010, 10:58 AM

If you read the thread about Ruling Class v. Country Class, it gives some insight into why the Tea Party is very heterogeneous. While the Republicans and Democrats have become homogeneous (both in their parties & in relation to each other), those who may associate themselves with the Tea Party are more diverse.

BrianW
09-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Hey Bon,
Still thinking the fad is over after last night?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100915/ap_on_el_ge/us_primary_rdp

Big night for tea party: O'Donnell wins Delaware
...the grass-roots, anti-establishment movement can claim wins in at least seven GOP Senate races, a handful of Republican gubernatorial contests and dozens of House primary campaigns, and it influenced many others

aandw
09-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Hey Bon,

...the grass-roots, anti-establishment movement can claim wins in at least seven GOP Senate races, a handful of Republican gubernatorial contests and dozens of House primary campaigns, and it influenced many others

if the reps and tea party come together it will be bad for dems. l think it is funny right now that the GOP is split, but it is going to scare the heck out of them when the reps come around to the tea party.

dnf777
09-15-2010, 09:09 AM
if the reps and tea party come together it will be bad for dems. l think it is funny right now that the GOP is split, but it is going to scare the heck out of them when the reps come around to the tea party.

I agree with that 100%. I think a lot of establishment republicans, like Mitch McConnell are looking in the mirror today and wondering what they see.

At the primary level, does this represent an anti-establishment, kick the bums out attitude, or is it an ideologic move to the right? I think well need to wait until the general elections in November to sort that out.

This situation also poses a real stategy dilemma for dems. Do they go full out with an issue-based campaing.......or do they go negative against the likes of Angle, or just sit back and let them do the talking, and hopefully hang themselves politically, which they seem to have a talent for.

From the tea party camps, I suspect there will be many narrated anti-incumbent, anti-big spending ads, but very little exposure-type events for their candidates for the above reason.

One thing for sure, politics won't be boring from here until November.

Ken Bora
09-15-2010, 09:18 AM

you got that right!!!!!!!
gonna be better than football!
Well.... at least better than a Jets game :cool:

BonMallari
09-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey Bon,

these are primaries and in some states closed primaries...what the Tea Party has shown is that they MAY fracture the Republican Primary..what also remains to be seen is if the rank and file Republican Party throw$$$ their support to the Tea Party candidates...speaking strictly here in NV one of the Rep. party candidates Angle defeated ( Tarkanian ) has thrown his support behind her, but the other (Lowden who was the head of the NV Rep Party) hasnt lifted a finger to help defeat Reid...

if the Tea Party can win in a general election and they help flush the RINO's from the Rep.Party then I am all for it, but if they split the vote or are too extreme right then what happens...

Gerry Clinchy
09-15-2010, 10:14 AM
And Rangel wins the Dem primary ... over 5 rivals. It's really sad when Rangel is the people's choice. Nothing much is changing in NYC, it would appear.

gman0046
09-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Thats the history of the democratic party. Remember the mayor of D.C. Marion Barry? He was a thief and a drug addict that they kept electing term after term.

WRL
09-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Thats the history of the democratic party. Remember the mayor of D.C. Marion Barry? He was a thief and a drug addict that they kept electing term after term.

But he fits right in with all the other criminals in DC so why does that surprise you he was re-elected?

WRL

aandw
09-15-2010, 12:49 PM
I agree with that 100%. I think a lot of establishment republicans, like Mitch McConnell are looking in the mirror today and wondering what they see.

At the primary level, does this represent an anti-establishment, kick the bums out attitude, or is it an ideologic move to the right? I think well need to wait until the general elections in November to sort that out.

This situation also poses a real stategy dilemma for dems. Do they go full out with an issue-based campaing.......or do they go negative against the likes of Angle, or just sit back and let them do the talking, and hopefully hang themselves politically, which they seem to have a talent for.

From the tea party camps, I suspect there will be many narrated anti-incumbent, anti-big spending ads, but very little exposure-type events for their candidates for the above reason.

IMO, i think people are sick the SOStuff. the majority of it is from the center to right. that is why there such a split in the GOP. if the dems go negative i think it will only solidify the reps and tea party. i think the only chance dems have are to avoid the nat'l issues and go local with no outside help. i would like to see new faces regardless of party.

dnf777
09-15-2010, 01:01 PM
IMO, i think people are sick the SOStuff. the majority of it is from the center to right. that is why there such a split in the GOP. if the dems go negative i think it will only solidify the reps and tea party. i think the only chance dems have are to avoid the nat'l issues and go local with no outside help. i would like to see new faces regardless of party.

On one hand I see your point and agree. OTOH, some of the tea party nominees that have mentioned curtailing social security or eliminating the Dept of Ed....well, those issues have been political suicide pretty consistently, and I would be surprised if their dem opponents don't at least campaign on that. We'll have to stay tuned.

BrianW
09-16-2010, 08:48 AM
I think it's kind of ironic that everyone's focusing on "THE SPLIT IN THE GOP" and "the extreme views" and nobody wants to acknowledge the same on the other side regarding the progressives.
The Dem Rep in our area is running specifically on "I voted against the stimulus, I voted against the big Obama health care plan, I think we've got to stop all this wasteful spending and burdening coming generations with all this debt..."

The far left is having their own problems as the key issues (tea issues ?) cross party lines. Imo, it's like the law of matter, one side can't grow without diminishment somewhere else. But the MSM conveniently chooses to ignore that side of the coin in their "reporting".

road kill
09-16-2010, 08:55 AM
On one hand I see your point and agree. OTOH, some of the tea party nominees that have mentioned curtailing social security or eliminating the Dept of Ed....well, those issues have been political suicide pretty consistently, and I would be surprised if their dem opponents don't at least campaign on that. We'll have to stay tuned.

I would like to see anything to support that.

RK

Buzz
09-16-2010, 09:01 AM
I think it's kind of ironic that everyone's focusing on "THE SPLIT IN THE GOP" and "the extreme views" and nobody wants to acknowledge the same on the other side regarding the progressives.
The Dem Rep in our area is running specifically on "I voted against the stimulus, I voted against the big Obama health care plan, I think we've got to stop all this wasteful spending and burdening coming generations with all this debt..."

In Idaho, what a surprise.

dnf777
09-16-2010, 09:18 AM
I would like to see anything to support that.

RK

Size of Federal Government: Tea Party believes in smaller government. Activists, including candidates Sharron Angle in Nevada and Rand Paul in Kentucky, have proposed abolishing the Energy and Education departments and the Federal Reserve.

Republicans also believe in limited government, but they have attacked candidates calling for the abolition of federal agencies as out of the mainstream.

Social Security: Tea Partiers have called for privatizing Social Security. But when President Bush made the same proposal in 2005, it was a nonstarter among Republicans in Congress.

The above from FoxNews.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/15/gop-vs-tea-party-issues-dividing-sides/

there are plenty of examples available with a google search.

I stand by my point that proposing sweeping changes to social security has been a political dog that won't hunt.

BrianW
09-16-2010, 09:40 AM
In Idaho, what a surprise.
Just a reminder that Minnick was elected as part of the "hope and change" wave only 2 years ago after years of "R" representation.

As a former business CEO, he apparently didn't think progressive gov.org was the best thing for small to medium businesses in this state and voted his principles/what his constituents voiced in town hall meetings etc instead of the Pelosi plan. Pretty ballsy for a 1st termer.
What a surprise.

aandw
09-16-2010, 12:38 PM

The far left is having their own problems as the key issues (tea issues ?) cross party lines. Imo, it's like the law of matter, one side can't grow without diminishment somewhere else. But the MSM conveniently chooses to ignore that side of the coin in their "reporting".

i agree, i think if the rep. party get their noses out of the air and back the tea party candidates it will spell trouble for the dems. i think it is funny that the dems are trying their best to get away from washington and the white house.

aandw
09-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Size of Federal Government: Tea Party believes in smaller government. Activists, including candidates Sharron Angle in Nevada and Rand Paul in Kentucky, have proposed abolishing the Energy and Education departments and the Federal Reserve.

Republicans also believe in limited government, but they have attacked candidates calling for the abolition of federal agencies as out of the mainstream.

Social Security: Tea Partiers have called for privatizing Social Security. But when President Bush made the same proposal in 2005, it was a nonstarter among Republicans in Congress.

The above from FoxNews.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/15/gop-vs-tea-party-issues-dividing-sides/

there are plenty of examples available with a google search.

I stand by my point that proposing sweeping changes to social security has been a political dog that won't hunt.

i like the idea of shutting down the fed reserve. we shouldn't spend money we don't have. it is no different than the way one should run their personal budget. there are times it would hard but we would survive and flourish in the long run. it would cause people to prioritize and come up with new and more efficient ways of living. after you shut it down depts. would/should be cut appropriately.
you could wean people off social security over time. it would probably take
40+ years. but could be done

kjrice
09-16-2010, 01:39 PM
The Jimmy Carter created DoE is a pit of taxpayer waste. Since its inception, the only thing that has gone up is the budget. SAT score are down and per student spending is up. Education reform should be handled at the State level, and by local communities.

helencalif
09-16-2010, 01:59 PM
We live in a small rural county in the mountains of NE California. The nearest town has a population of about 2,300 people (or so it says on the sign).

In August our local weekly newspaper announced that a Tea Party was forming and a first meeting would be held in town.

Over 100 people attended the first meeting which seems to me to be a darn good turnout considering how small the town is. I don't know where membership stands now, but the paper did report that the Tea Party movement is growing.

If this is happening all over rural America, I don't think folks are losing interest. I think the Tea Party movement is growing without a lot of fanfare. At least it wasn't here before, and now it is.

kjrice
09-16-2010, 02:42 PM
We live in a small rural county in the mountains of NE California. The nearest town has a population of about 2,300 people (or so it says on the sign).

In August our local weekly newspaper announced that a Tea Party was forming and a first meeting would be held in town.

Over 100 people attended the first meeting which seems to me to be a darn good turnout considering how small the town is. I don't know where membership stands now, but the paper did report that the Tea Party movement is growing.

If this is happening all over rural America, I don't think folks are losing interest. I think the Tea Party movement is growing without a lot of fanfare. At least it wasn't here before, and now it is.
Some people think it has to be a slam dunk the first time around. IMO, even one victory is a big win. It should only grow from there. Many think the Tea Party is all Republican based, which isn't true.

depittydawg
09-16-2010, 10:58 PM

New faces in leadership positions of both parties is needed. As far as each race is concerned it comes down to local needs / concerns. Some places should be throwing the bums out. Other's were recently replaced in the last two elections. For the most part, those representatives and Senators may be fine to leave in. They have not been able to do much, but it is no fault of their own, or in many cases not for lack of effort.

depittydawg
09-16-2010, 11:03 PM

Good point. The Dem's still haven't figured out that their base is PO'd because they were lied to, disenfranchised, and downright insulted over the last couple of years. However, as much as Republicans want to make this election a referendum on Obama, it isn't. When people go to the polls, they were be focused on the candidates available to vote for, not the President. I would not vote for Obama, and would even seriously consider a republican alternative who was moderate. However, that will not influence my choice for Senator, Governor, and Representative this year.

JDogger
09-16-2010, 11:30 PM
I would not vote for Obama, and would even seriously consider a republican alternative who was moderate.

Gimme a clue? Please?

JD

M&K's Retrievers
09-16-2010, 11:58 PM
I think a moderate republican is a democrat.

depittydawg
09-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Gimme a clue? Please?

JD

Don't really see any out there on the horizon. Certainly not with the Tea Party insurgency. But an example of a "moderate" republican that I would consider, would be someone like Schwarzenegger. He can't run, and there aren't any others, so I doubt I'll switch parties next presidential cycle. But I do remain open. if the Republicans can get their act together and come up with some new ideas. Someone in the mold of Eisenhower. Is Patreaus a Republican? Maybe he'll run for Pres in 2012.

dnf777
09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE=depittydawg;677413]Don't really see any out there on the horizon. QUOTE]

What do ya'll think about Joe Scarborough?
How 'bout Pat Buchanan, if he dusted off and decided get back into it?

Joe seems pretty center-right, and Pat a few clicks to the right, but not wacko right.

One problem with the tea party right, is for example Christine Odonnel. I know how she feels about masturbation and condoms, but not how she feels about fixing our economy and jobs market! Why does the wack-factor seem to predominate with the new candidates? (yes, I know media plays this up, but THEY say the stuff the media plays)

WaterDogRem
09-17-2010, 10:40 AM
One problem with the tea party right, is for example Christine Odonnel. I know how she feels about masturbation and condoms, but not how she feels about fixing our economy and jobs market! Why does the wack-factor seem to predominate with the new candidates? (yes, I know media plays this up, but THEY say the stuff the media plays)

If you know that about her, then you MUST know about how Coons calls himself a Marxist and Harry Reid as called him "his pet", right?

dnf777
09-17-2010, 10:57 AM
If you know that about her, then you MUST know about how Coons calls himself a Marxist and Harry Reid as called him "his pet", right?

No. Where did you hear that???

WaterDogRem
09-17-2010, 11:25 AM

Really, you didn't...look into it you can find it (i.e.google). Where did you hear that stuff about Odonnel?

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 12:46 PM
“I’m going to be very honest with you — Chris Coons, everybody knows him in the Democratic caucus. He’s my pet. He’s my favorite candidate,” Reid said.
“Let me tell you about him: A graduate of Yale Divinity School. Yale Law School. A two-time national debate champion. He represents two-thirds of the state now, in an elected capacity. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen him or heard him speak, but he is a dynamic speaker. I don’t mean loud or long; he’s a communicator. So that’s how I feel about Delaware. I’ve always thought Chris Coons is going to win. I told him that and I tried to get him to run. I’m glad he’s running. I just think the world of him. He’s my pet.”

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 01:31 PM
An article Democrat Chris Coons wrote for his college newspaper may not go over so well in corporation-friendly Delaware, where he already faces an uphill battle for Vice President Joe Biden’s old Senate seat. The title? “Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist.”

dnf777
09-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Really, you didn't...look into it you can find it (i.e.google). Where did you hear that stuff about Odonnel?

I've since looked it up, and it sounds news-unworthy. So Reid gave him a glaring endorsement. What's news?

The article he wrote, while controversial, was 25 years ago as a college senior. He'll have to answer for that, no doubt, just like many others have had to answser for 25 year old behavior, such as drug use, DUIs, wearing sheets, etc...

And besides, political/economic philosophy has a place in public debate. Does masturbation and "self-sex" really matter in a public forum??

If I were running for office, and some idiotic reporter asked me what I though about that, I'd laugh and simply say "next question.....ask you editor to give you a hand with that one..."

dnf777
09-17-2010, 02:44 PM
An article Democrat Chris Coons wrote for his college newspaper may not go over so well in corporation-friendly Delaware, where he already faces an uphill battle for Vice President Joe Biden’s old Senate seat. The title? “Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist.”

Did you read the article?

WaterDogRem
09-17-2010, 03:42 PM
I've since looked it up, and it sounds news-unworthy. So Reid gave him a glaring endorsement. What's news?

The article he wrote, while controversial, was 25 years ago as a college senior. He'll have to answer for that, no doubt, just like many others have had to answser for 25 year old behavior, such as drug use, DUIs, wearing sheets, etc...

And besides, political/economic philosophy has a place in public debate. Does masturbation and "self-sex" really matter in a public forum??

If I were running for office, and some idiotic reporter asked me what I though about that, I'd laugh and simply say "next question.....ask you editor to give you a hand with that one..."

The point was you just regurgitated the media pile on about comments from her "news-unworthy" past (which she has answered to), without even looking at Coons.

Franco
09-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Is the Tea Party fad over?

We can only hope so!

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Did you read the article?

NO. I simply provided you with the info you requested as you had not heard the comments.
I gave you Harry Reid's quote, and the title of the guy's article.

YardleyLabs
09-17-2010, 07:21 PM
As has been noted repeatedly in the stories, the title of the article in question came from jokes made by Republican friends of a formerly conservative Coons following his return from a stay in Kenya. He never described himself as a Marxist, and neither did his friends. Rather, he converted from being a conservative Republican to a liberal Democrat as a student when he found that his own observations of the world were inconsistent with the ideologies that he had grown up believing.

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 07:34 PM
As has been noted repeatedly in the stories, the title of the article in question came from jokes made by Republican friends of a formerly conservative Coons following his return from a stay in Kenya. He never described himself as a Marxist, and neither did his friends. Rather, he converted from being a conservative Republican to a liberal Democrat as a student when he found that his own observations of the world were inconsistent with the ideologies that he had grown up believing.

A liberal dumocrat is a Marxist!

dnf777
09-17-2010, 07:42 PM
NO. I simply provided you with the info you requested as you had not heard the comments.
I gave you Harry Reid's quote, and the title of the guy's article.

What she said, was recent, and she stands by it. Hardly a comparison to something wrote by a college kid a quarter century ago.

Also, if you read the essay and the context it was written in, again, not newsworthy in 2010. (I'm not suggesting you do, it might shake your conservative foundation) ;)

YardleyLabs
09-17-2010, 07:58 PM
A liberal dumocrat is a Marxist!
Just like a conservative repooplican is a fascist.

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Just like a conservative repooplican is a fascist.

I believe you should work for what you get. I do not believe in stealing peoples' hard earned money and giving it to someone else.
I just want to keep what I have earned.
If you think that believing that a person has a right to what they worked for is fascist then you are a commie.

YardleyLabs
09-17-2010, 09:34 PM
I believe you should work for what you get. I do not believe in stealing peoples' hard earned money and giving it to someone else.
I just want to keep what I have earned.
If you think that believing that a person has a right to what they worked for is fascist then you are a commie.The names, as you use them, carry no meaning. You benefit every day from the results of government action, and the higher your income, the more you benefit. You benefit from the basics such as roads, sanitation, public education, and a stable political system. Take those away and almost all of our incomes disappear. From the beginnings of this country, "we the people" have understood that the purpose of a government is to take actions that benefit the "common" good and are financed by taxes on all. That is not communism or socialism. One might even argue that it is simply a concrete expression of Christian principles. The first progressive income tax in this country was introduced in the 1860's. Publicly financed medical care and welfare programs have been in existence for more than 200 years. They hardly constitute communism. If you truly wish to live without supporting anyone else, or being supported yourself, you might want to move to a desert island. All those who live here are benefiting every day from action taken for the "common good".

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 09:56 PM
The names, as you use them, carry no meaning. You benefit every day from the results of government action, and the higher your income, the more you benefit. You benefit from the basics such as roads, sanitation, public education, and a stable political system. Take those away and almost all of our incomes disappear. From the beginnings of this country, "we the people" have understood that the purpose of a government is to take actions that benefit the "common" good and are financed by taxes on all. That is not communism or socialism. One might even argue that it is simply a concrete expression of Christian principles. The first progressive income tax in this country was introduced in the 1860's. Publicly financed medical care and welfare programs have been in existence for more than 200 years. They hardly constitute communism. If you truly wish to live without supporting anyone else, or being supported yourself, you might want to move to a desert island. All those who live here are benefiting every day from action taken for the "common good".

Are you really that far off of your rocker?
How do I benefit more because I actually have to pay for welfare slime?
How do I benefit by paying MY HARD EARNED MONEY for someone else's food stamps?
How do I benefit from paying for paying for someones kids education?>

This is a big one I can't comprehend, so please explain:
HOW THE F*** did I benefit from my tax dollars paying for section 8 DO NOTHING DRUG DEALERS to live below me and across from me while I owned my condo, They partied all night, keeping me up when I when to work to pay for their damn fat N______R_ ASSES.

They blocked my car in all the time (not just mine) which meant a confrontation on a regular basis to get them to move their car.
I would enter the common hallway and be sick from the pot fumes.
Again as an owner I could not just move. WE WERE THERE BEFORE THE GOV"T DUMPED THE N___ ER ASSES IN OUR LIVES>
THAT IS WHAt the dums did for me>
THEY DESTROYED MY HOME AND GAVE IT TO THE ______.

How do I benefit

dnf777
09-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Are you really that far off of your rocker?
How do I benefit more because I actually have to pay for welfare slime?
How do I benefit by paying MY HARD EARNED MONEY for someone else's food stamps?
How do I benefit from paying for paying for someones kids education?>

This is a big one I can't comprehend, so please explain:
HOW THE F*** did I benefit from my tax dollars paying for section 8 DO NOTHING DRUG DEALERS to live below me and across from me while I owned my condo, They partied all night, keeping me up when I when to work to pay for their damn fat N______R_ ASSES.

They blocked my car in all the time (not just mine) which meant a confrontation on a regular basis to get them to move their car.
I would enter the common hallway and be sick from the pot fumes.
Again as an owner I could not just move. WE WERE THERE BEFORE THE GOV"T DUMPED THE N___ ER ASSES IN OUR LIVES>
THAT IS WHAt the dums did for me>
THEY DESTROYED MY HOME AND GAVE IT TO THE ______.

How do I benefit

You are far too angry to listen to reason, so it would be a waste of time to explain such things as how a strong education system benefits the entire country, even if you personally don't have kids in school.

There certainly abuses, as you point out; and in our town, they are typically young to middle aged, caucasian, unemployed, opioid-dependent individuals who absorb the lion's share of the public assistance, so I'm not sure how you fill in the "N____ER" blanks?? Perhaps you could enlighten us?

M&K's Retrievers
09-17-2010, 10:22 PM
You are far too angry to listen to reason, so it would be a waste of time to explain such things as how a strong education system benefits the entire country, even if you personally don't have kids in school.

There certainly abuses, as you point out; and in our town, they are typically young to middle aged, caucasian, unemployed, opioid-dependent individuals who absorb the lion's share of the public assistance, so I'm not sure how you fill in the "N____ER" blanks?? Perhaps you could enlighten us?

Sounds like she ought to be.

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 10:25 PM

aS FOR FILLING IN THE BLANKS THAT IS WHAT I WAS FORCED TO LIVE WITH BY THE GOV'T. Some lunitic left wing nut thought it was better to move the slime into hard working peoples neighborhoods rather than keeping them where they belong. Let them live in the jungle and at least contain them.
People on welfare to not earn swimming pools and tennis courts.
Angry is an understatement. I did not bust my butt to have it stolen from me by the n----Rs.

How would you feel if after hard days work you return home only to be greeted in the common hallway by the overwelming pot fumes that result in as asthma attack?
Remember we owned before the gov't moved the slime into our home. We did not move to the getto. The gov't brought the getto to our doorstep.

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Sounds like she ought to be.

Slight correction. He is she!:razz:

dnf777
09-17-2010, 10:45 PM
aS FOR FILLING IN THE BLANKS THAT IS WHAT I WAS FORCED TO LIVE WITH BY THE GOV'T. Some lunitic left wing nut thought it was better to move the slime into hard working peoples neighborhoods rather than keeping them where they belong. Let them live in the jungle and at least contain them.
People on welfare to not earn swimming pools and tennis courts.
Angry is an understatement. I did not bust my butt to have it stolen from me by the n----Rs.

How would you feel if after hard days work you return home only to be greeted in the common hallway by the overwelming pot fumes that result in as asthma attack?
Remember we owned before the gov't moved the slime into our home. We did not move to the getto. The gov't brought the getto to our doorstep.

Are black labs welcome in your neighborhood?

Since you asked, I would move if I had ANYONE smoking pot in my hallways.
Skin color or ethnicity makes no difference, slime is slime, and it comes in all colors.

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Are black labs welcome in your neighborhood?

Since you asked, I would move if I had ANYONE smoking pot in my hallways.
Skin color or ethnicity makes no difference, slime is slime, and it comes in all colors.

Three black labs live in my house, the yellow is the odd one out, he'salso the only one from total field lines.:razz: NOTE MY AVIATOR!!!

Moving was not that simple. After hubby bought, due to the increase in renters vs owners in the complex the unit lost it's FHA status. The units could only be bought with 20% down. The value dropped even further after this. Remember we were owners not renters. We did end up moving out of the darn state of CT to VA and held the property as a rental. It wasn't easy but we paid that mortgage and our house on time every month. It took 12 years but we finally sold. Rather than taking a hit at the time, we held on as landlords and finally turned a proft. We never walked away from our obligation.

M&K's Retrievers
09-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Slight correction. He is she!:razz:

Oops! Didn't know. Sorry 'bout that.:oops:

luvmylabs23139
09-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Oops! Didn't know. Sorry 'bout that.:oops:

No problem. I laugh when people do that because how many guys are going to use luvmylabs!:razz:

BrianW
09-18-2010, 11:23 AM
He never described himself as a Marxist, and neither did his friends. Rather, he converted from being a conservative Republican to a liberal Democrat as a student ...

Self described from Coons' campaign website "will be a strong, progressive voice for Delaware in the US Senate"
The term, “progressive” is usually self-applied by those to the left of the Democratic party , Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, Al Franken, Dennis Kucinich, Cynthia McKinney, Howard Dean, John Edwards, Kathleen Sebelius, Al Gore and Ted Kennedy to name a few.

It that's who he chooses to align himself with, that's clear enough to me why he shouldn't be in the Senate.