PDA

View Full Version : Another Hypocrite

depittydawg
08-26-2010, 09:00 PM
The fallout never ends with the Republicans does it. The fact that the man is gay is not news. The fact that he is a liar and a hypocrite is.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/08/bush-campaign-chief-and-former-rnc-chair-ken-mehlman-im-gay/62065/

cotts135
08-27-2010, 05:18 AM
It will be interesting to see how the Republicans deal with this one.

code3retrievers
08-27-2010, 09:42 AM
The fallout never ends with the Republicans does it. The fact that the man is gay is not news. The fact that he is a liar and a hypocrite is.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/08/bush-campaign-chief-and-former-rnc-chair-ken-mehlman-im-gay/62065/

The only ones that are hypocrites are people like you. I don't agree with the guy but from reading the article he did not push the anti gay agenda. Nor did he confirm or deny his sexuality but then again what do you care.

I thought you libs were all for keeping what happens behind closed doors, behind closed doors.

Hypocrite!

Matt McKenzie
08-27-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure I see your point. It seems that a man has decided to come out of the closet after keeping his sexuality hidden for a significant portion of his life. Is that a bad thing? It seems to me that it happens all the time in people from all walks of life.
What "fallout" are you referring to?

Jim Danis
08-27-2010, 10:46 AM
How can he be a hypocrite when he fought behind the scenes to temper the attacks against same sex marriage. I personally don't agree with some of his views on that subject but we all have a right to our own views. Seems like those that throw the insults now are the hypocrites.

YardleyLabs
08-27-2010, 10:48 AM
I did not like the man's politics before and doubt that anything has changed. However, I will not fault him for anything about his sexuality or his decision to "come out". It is not easy to be gay or have gay family members in the Republican Party. I always admired the way the Cheney's faced this with their daughter.

gman0046
08-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Is Barney Frank any different?????

road kill
08-27-2010, 12:11 PM
I did not like the man's politics before and doubt that anything has changed. However, I will not fault him for anything about his sexuality or his decision to "come out". It is not easy to be gay or have gay family members in the Republican Party. I always admired the way the Cheney's faced this with their daughter.

You "KNOW" this how?

Or maybe you mean because when you leftys (who claim it's not a big deal) find out and you make a it a big deal.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

RK

YardleyLabs
08-27-2010, 12:19 PM
You "KNOW" this how?

Or maybe you mean becuase when you leftys find out you make a big stink about it.

RK
Well, I actually know a few Log Cabin Republicans (a group of gay Republicans). However, it should also be obvious given that the platform and rhetoric of the GOP are consistently anti-gay. Bush took some heat as a result of his commitment to include gays within his administration, The more libertarian Republicans have tended not to care too much about sexual orientation. However, for the religious right opposition to homosexual behavior has been a core issue.

Matt McKenzie
08-27-2010, 12:20 PM

I would imagine it's difficult to be gay in any party. Unless you happen to be running for office in a very liberal or gay area.

road kill
08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, I actually know a few Log Cabin Republicans (a group of gay Republicans). However, it should also be obvious given that the platform and rhetoric of the GOP are consistently anti-gay. Bush took some heat as a result of his commitment to include gays within his administration, The more libertarian Republicans have tended not to care too much about sexual orientation. However, for the religious right opposition to homosexual behavior has been a core issue.

How do most Blacks feel about gays??

Ask some, see what they tell you.

RK

YardleyLabs
08-27-2010, 12:26 PM
I would imagine it's difficult to be gay in any party. Unless you happen to be running for office in a very liberal or gay area.
You are right, but there is still a wide gap in acceptance of gays between Republicans and Democrats. This is evident in the results of the Gallup poll shown below. While only 35% of Republicans fund homosexual relations to be "morally acceptable," over 60% of Independents and Democrats do.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/zkyp_lbmrkktxjujbn9zoq.gif

road kill
08-27-2010, 12:28 PM
I will share an opinion with you.
Can't wait for the attack, but here goes.

If 2 people in the world find LOVE, God bless them, the world needs more LOVE for sure.

Having said that, the sexual relations part disgusts me.

Can you understand that?

RK

YardleyLabs
08-27-2010, 12:34 PM

If 2 people in the world find LOVE, God bless them, the world needs more LOVE for sure.

Can you understand that?

RK
I will admit that watching other people have sex has never been something that I find attractive and I would rather not even think about two men doing it. I also agree that what two adults (or more) do in privacy is their business, not mine, and stable relationships benefit all of us.

dnf777
08-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Can you understand that?

RK

I agree with that 100%.

Let's wait and see what the preacher (Farmer) has to say about gays and how we should tolerate them. I can't wait.

YardleyLabs
08-27-2010, 01:59 PM
How do most Blacks feel about gays??

Ask some, see what they tell you.

RK
Many in the Republican party have recognized that both Hispanic and black populations in America lean toward social conservatism. However, the party has never been able to get past its image of being anti-minority. I wonder why....:rolleyes:

Cody Covey
08-27-2010, 02:01 PM
follow the money and you will find out why

YardleyLabs
08-27-2010, 02:12 PM
follow the money and you will find out why
Well, let's see. The biggest expansion of welfare occurred under Nixon and the biggest contraction happened under Clinton. Is that the money you were referencing?

road kill
08-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Many in the Republican party have recognized that both Hispanic and black populations in America lean toward social conservatism. However, the party has never been able to get past its image of being anti-minority. I wonder why....:rolleyes:

Add to that the Jewish population.
Never understood that.

RK

subroc
08-27-2010, 07:56 PM

left wing media

M&K's Retrievers
08-27-2010, 08:15 PM
How 'bout them Rangers.:-P

depittydawg
08-27-2010, 09:13 PM
The only ones that are hypocrites are people like you. I don't agree with the guy but from reading the article he did not push the anti gay agenda. Nor did he confirm or deny his sexuality but then again what do you care.

I thought you libs were all for keeping what happens behind closed doors, behind closed doors.

Hypocrite!

Yes, he did push the anti-gay agenda. And now he is lying about it. Come on, even you can't be that gullible. He not only supported the anti gay agenda, but was a part of the party leadership that used it at every turn when it suited his career goals. Now, perhaps you can explain how you get off on calling me a hypocrite.

M&K's Retrievers
08-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes, he did push the anti-gay agenda. And now he is lying about it. Come on, even you can't be that gullible. He not only supported the anti gay agenda, but was a part of the party leadership that used it at every turn when it suited his career goals. Now, perhaps you can explain how you get off on calling me a hypocrite.

There's that "Pot meet kettle" deal again.:cool:

code3retrievers
08-27-2010, 11:41 PM

Dear Hypocrite,

Are you going to tell us that just because this guy was part of the Republican party that he was in lock step with every item? I did not know that we all were of one mind.
I personaly would rather vote for a "gay" republican then a "straight" democrat. Even though his morals would not be in line with mine, he would probably still be a better choice on other issues. I don't know too many single issue voters.

As for you. You seem to be over joyed that a Republican came out to the closet. Who cares. You call him a liar but if a Democrat did the same you would be talking about how brave he was and how sexual prefrence doesn't matter. You probably would even be proud of him.

M&K's Retrievers
08-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Dear Hypocrite,

Are you going to tell us that just because this guy was part of the Republican party that he was in lock step with every item? I did not know that we all were of one mind.
I personaly would rather vote for a "gay" republican then a "straight" democrat. Even though his morals would not be in line with mine, he would probably still be a better choice on other issues. I don't know too many single issue voters.

As for you. You seem to be over joyed that a Republican came out to the closet. Who cares. You call him a liar but if a Democrat did the same you would be talking about how brave he was and how sexual prefrence doesn't matter. You probably would even be proud of him.

Well said, sir.

depittydawg
08-28-2010, 12:23 AM
Dear Hypocrite,

Most people view this kind of action from people in leadership positions as not only hypocritical; but also immoral, selfish and self serving. Your steadfast defense of the this behavior seems to suggest a rather dogmatic view of politics.
As for me, I find this double standard lifestyle that has become so common in political leaders reprehensible and completely unacceptable. I don't care what party they play with.
Where have you ever seen anything written by me that would suggest I would not view a democrat or any other hypocrite with the same contempt? If they live one lifestyle in secret' while denouncing and persecuting it in practice, they fail the test of decency, let alone leadership. You seem to disagree with that assumption. I respect your right to do so.

M&K's Retrievers
08-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Still waiting for your explanation on why Tax Cuts for Billionaires is so vital to the American economy? Will you be weighing in soon?

Wake up. Wrong thread, DS. Already answered.

pat addis
08-28-2010, 06:35 AM

YES, but it isn't becouse of his love of boys

depittydawg
08-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Yes, the issue is not sexual habits, it is hypocritical behavior.

hyp·o·crite   [hip-uh-krit] Show IPA
–noun
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.