View Full Version : Meet The Koch's

depittydawg
08-29-2010, 11:02 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29rich.html?_r=1&hp

subroc
08-29-2010, 12:02 PM
The New York times? Really?

I just laughed right out loud!

Where is the condemnation of george soros. The article, in its one paragraph that includes soros, appears to go out of its way to accept his influence.

Left wing water carrier!

depittydawg
08-29-2010, 12:18 PM
The New York times? Really?

I just laughed right out loud!

Where is the condemnation of george soros. The article, in its one paragraph that includes soros, appears to go out of its way to accept his influence.

Left wing water carrier!

Information is simply information Subroc. Doesn't matter who delivers it. As much as I despise FOX, sometimes they actually provide some factual information that nobody else does. I appreciate that. The fact that a few of billionaire fanatics with an agenda, from the far fringes of the political spectrum, are funneling hundreds of millions of dollars into political process is useful information. The fact that is goes back several generations is even more useful. What is the word for that... Oh yes, the word than cannot be voiced. It's called a conspiracy.

M&K's Retrievers
08-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Information is simply information Subroc. Doesn't matter who delivers it. As much as I despise FOX, sometimes they actually provide some factual information that nobody else does. I appreciate that. The fact that a few of billionaire fanatics with an agenda, from the far fringes of the political spectrum, are funneling hundreds of millions of dollars into political process is useful information. The fact that is goes back several generations is even more useful. What is the word for that... Oh yes, the word than cannot be voiced. It's called a conspiracy.

Or spin.....

subroc
08-29-2010, 12:27 PM
My point is where is their expose' on soros? I expect the times left wing agenda is the whole reason for the story. They want to identify money that they perceive is being directed against their agenda and dismiss money they perceive supports it.

I won't worry about the big money being funneled into the political process until at least one of the major networks is owned and takes positions that the right or conservatives are not the nations enemy, the media accepts conservative positions and academia and Hollywood is not completely tainted by the extreme left.

Other than that, bring on the money to support conservatives and their positions.

gman0046
08-29-2010, 01:09 PM
At least the Koch's are Americans. Can't say that for Obongolo supporter Soro's.

Buzz
08-29-2010, 02:26 PM
My point is where is their expose' on soros? I expect the times left wing agenda is the whole reason for the story. They want to identify money that they perceive is being directed against their agenda and dismiss money they perceive supports it.

I won't worry about the big money being funneled into the political process until at least one of the major networks is owned and takes positions that the right or conservatives are not the nations enemy, the media accepts conservative positions and academia and Hollywood is not completely tainted by the extreme left.

Other than that, bring on the money to support conservatives and their positions.

Sometimes I think the only name you guys know is Soros. Pretty sensitive about your boys getting some print I see... The Kochs and Richard Mellon Scaife have been at it for a long time, not to mention that guy from Australia. The liberals can't hold a candle to these guys.

Marvin S
08-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Sometimes I think the only name you guys know is Soros. Pretty sensitive about your boys getting some print I see... The Kochs and Richard Mellon Scaife have been at it for a long time, not to mention that guy from Australia. The liberals can't hold a candle to these guys.

Buzz, You're a bright guy :). Please explain why the D's generally have larger donate's & a huge base to work with. Need I say Hollywood, where conservatives are generally banned, or the Sandlers of S & L fame. The list is actually fairly huge :eek:.

YardleyLabs
08-29-2010, 02:53 PM

Exposes are only needed when activities are carried out in secret. If you want to track Soros' activities, simply go to the Open Society Foundation web site. It is also very hard to say that Soros allows his business interests to drive the issues that he supports. The sames cannot be said of the koch brothers. By the way, the same New Yorker author did a major investigative story on Soros before. For that story, she was given open access to staff, files and meetings for a period of weeks.

zeus3925
08-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Mark Dayton is running for Senate here, but the family business, Target Corp., is a big contributor to Republican causes. Go figure!

Hew
08-29-2010, 04:15 PM
By the way, the same New Yorker author did a major investigative story on Soros before. For that story, she was given open access to staff, files and meetings for a period of weeks.
Why wouldn't she be given open access? Hell, she's on the same team as Soros...he had nothing to fear. Mayer's writing is to the left of Noam Chomsky. For you to imply that she treated her expose on the Koch brothers the same as Soros is about as laughable as to say Rush Limbaugh treats conservatives the same as liberals.

Hew
08-29-2010, 04:22 PM
LOL. Buzz, do you check under your bed with a flashlight every night to make sure Fox News isn't hiding there? I'm surprised that a campaign finance watchdog like yourself hasn't pointed out the story about the 2008 campaign contributions of the network news execs, writers and reporters. 88% of their money went to the Democrats; over a million dollars. I've been waiting and waiting for you to wring your hands about it, but alas...nada. Fox money to the GOP = bad. NBCCBSABC money to the DNC = chirp, chirp, chirp.

YardleyLabs
08-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Why wouldn't she be given open access? Hell, she's on the same team as Soros...he had nothing to fear. Mayer's writing is to the left of Noam Chomsky. For you to imply that she treated her expose on the Koch brothers the same as Soros is about as laughable as to say Rush Limbaugh treats conservatives the same as liberals.
Read it for yourself ()http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2004/10/18/041018fa_fact3. Soros has never made a secret of his political interests or his contributions. He announces the amounts, he announces the recipients and he makes his sympathies clear. The Koch brothers do everything in secret. Who are they trying to hide from?

subroc
08-29-2010, 06:06 PM
If someone gives to a charity anonymously, is it nefarious?

road kill
08-29-2010, 06:10 PM
LOL. Buzz, do you check under your bed with a flashlight every night to make sure Fox News isn't hiding there? I'm surprised that a campaign finance watchdog like yourself hasn't pointed out the story about the 2008 campaign contributions of the network news execs, writers and reporters. 88% of their money went to the Democrats; over a million dollars. I've been waiting and waiting for you to wring your hands about it, but alas...nada. Fox money to the GOP = bad. NBCCBSABC money to the DNC = chirp, chirp, chirp.

But the Democratic party is the only place the"independent middle of the roaders" have to go!!;-)

RK

JDogger
08-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Are not corporations now, by SCOTUS ruling, allowed to give to whomever they wish, protected by the First Amendment?

Be they right or left?

Quit yer bitchin.

JD