PDA

View Full Version : MC caught granting scholarships to relatives

Eric Johnson
08-30-2010, 11:33 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/082910dntexcongress.2c049bb.html

http://tinyurl.com/2g8ngyk

By TODD J. GILLMAN and CHRISTY HOPPE / The Dallas Morning News

Longtime Dallas congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson has awarded thousands of dollars in college scholarships to four relatives and a top aide's two children since 2005, using foundation funds set aside for black lawmakers' causes.

The recipients were ineligible under anti-nepotism rules of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, which provided the money. And all of the awards violated a foundation requirement that scholarship winners live or study in a caucus member's district.

-more-

gman0046
08-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Liberals will claim racism as she's black. She's no different then Rangle and Waters. Why can't they be honest?

dnf777
08-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Liberals will claim racism as she's black.

Right wing extremists will claim that Liberals will claim racism as she's black.

Kind of a predictable pattern I see here.

gman0046
08-30-2010, 01:18 PM
The only predictable pattern here is that three individuals elected to the US Congress who happen to be black were caught stealing.

Eric Johnson
08-30-2010, 01:22 PM
It should be noted that no Federal funds were involved. The funds came from a private foundation that was funded by gifts. However, again we see a member of congress that has failed to adhere to the normally accepted standards or ethics.

She said that she didn't know this was wrong. She was the chairman of the foundation for goodness sake.

Eric

Julie R.
08-30-2010, 01:45 PM
It should be noted that no Federal funds were involved. The funds came from a private foundation that was funded by gifts. However, again we see a member of congress that has failed to adhere to the normally accepted standards or ethics.

She said that she didn't know this was wrong. She was the chairman of the foundation for goodness sake.

Eric

And again we see a member of Congress blatantly lying when caught red handed. Kind of like Rangel's wail when caught cheating on his taxes that he didn't understand the tax regulations the committee he chaired wrote. Reminds me of the excuses the crooks spout on Cops time after time: "Officer, I swear, I didn't know there was a crack pipe in my pocket. Honest, I swear, someone must've put it there."

dback
08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't like these bottom feeders any more then you do, but I gotta say, Black congressmen and Senators don't have the monopoly on being crooked. Our congressmen and senators are a disgrace, black and white. I'd like to clear them all out, and start from scratch. Talk about entitled, Holy Christ!!
Walt

Excellent post Walt......couldn't have said it better.

Terri
08-30-2010, 08:38 PM
And again we see a member of Congress blatantly lying when caught red handed. Kind of like Rangel's wail when caught cheating on his taxes that he didn't understand the tax regulations the committee he chaired wrote. Reminds me of the excuses the crooks spout on Cops time after time: "Officer, I swear, I didn't know there was a crack pipe in my pocket. Honest, I swear, someone must've put it there."

They really don't know the rules because they never read them they just sign them. They are a lazy lot.

Terri

M&K's Retrievers
08-31-2010, 10:28 AM
It has now risen to 23 instances. She says she will repay funds by the end of the week.