PDA

View Full Version : Could get interesting around here...

ducknwork
08-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Anybody wanna place an order for a new tv? Low price, cheap shipping, direct from me to you... Just in case, ya know...;)

Actually, I just hope this stupid thing doesn't ruin the dove opener on Saturday.:mad:

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/misc/map_tropprjpath07_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

dnf777
08-31-2010, 06:43 AM
Anybody wanna place an order for a new tv? Low price, cheap shipping, direct from me to you... Just in case, ya know...;)

Actually, I just hope this stupid thing doesn't ruin the dove opener on Saturday.:mad:

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/sedwards_08/misc/map_tropprjpath07_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Hopefully that's not a NASCAR storm, and knows how to turn to the right. Not much in its way to weaken or shear if it heads for the coast. We'll be watching closely.

badbullgator
08-31-2010, 07:28 AM
The one good thing I can say from experiance is that the NHC is NEVER right on its 72 hours forcast. If they say it is going to hit you in three days you are safe.
Hope this one makes a turn pretty soon. I think it migth get close to the NC coast but I think it will remain offshore.

david gibson
08-31-2010, 08:16 AM
all i know is all my east coast surfing buddies are going nutz on facebook now. could be too messy from the cape north but florida is going to get 8-10' swell and fair weather....yummm!

luvmylabs23139
08-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Duck,
Stay safe down east! If they say get out, then go! You have 3 little ones.
Seriously hoping it stays way east of everyone.

luvmylabs23139
08-31-2010, 11:53 AM
PS Duck. If you need to evacuate and can't take your dog let me know. Your lab has a safe haven here in Clemmons. Just give us a meeting point somewhere between WS and Raleigh and we will take care of her (i think) or him for you. Might return her a bit spoiled though!

ducknwork
08-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Duck,
Stay safe down east! If they say get out, then go! You have 3 little ones.
Seriously hoping it stays way east of everyone.

Thanks for the kind words. We'll be in good shape. Might be a little flooding in some other areas, especially if Fiona comes right behind Earl. That ol' one two punch'll get you every time! The only thing that is concerning are the pine trees in my yard. Man, those things do some moving in the wind! My dog might finally get to see the inside of the house this week though! lol....If it gets nasty, I'll let her in to ride out the storm, but she better not get spoiled because it's not happening all the time!

Just saw your other post. I really appreciate the offer. If for some unseen reason we do have to move, I'll be sure to let you know. Maybe you can teach her to handle better while she's there...;)

luvmylabs23139
08-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Just saw your other post. I really appreciate the offer. If for some unseen reason we do have to move, I'll be sure to let you know. Maybe you can teach her to handle better while she's there...;)

She is more than welcome here. Can't promise you a better handling dog, but her ob won't slip. She will however learn about living in the house.:D

Ken Bora
09-01-2010, 09:57 AM
we could use a bit of swamp filling rain, just in front of duck season.
I do not want anybody hurt and stuff lost..... but some downpour from outer bands would be nice for my duck blinds. Every time a big one has come up North of Boston, the hunting after is great.

Jim Person
09-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm hoping for 4-6 inches of rain. The morning weather girl said 1-4 inches depending where you are... I'm on the low side.. All we got to work with for water right now is big open or weed choked mud holes...I'm supposed to run some junior tests in the next 3-5 weeks, all I can do is cross my fingers she can do the water marks. Hope everyone in Earl's path stays safe and has no serious effects.. Jim---hurricane Andrew survivor

Ken Bora
09-02-2010, 10:58 AM
is he going right up the coast, or inland?

ducknwork
09-02-2010, 11:41 AM
is he going right up the coast, or inland?

It looks like it's gonna hit the OBX (I'm about 1 hr from there) at some point this afternoon and swipe the whole coast on the way north. Every time I look at the path, they have moved it a little farther east. As long as it's gone by Saturday morning so I can dove hunt, I'll be happy.

M&K's Retrievers
09-02-2010, 12:03 PM
It looks like it's gonna hit the OBX (I'm about 1 hr from there) at some point this afternoon and swipe the whole coast on the way north. Every time I look at the path, they have moved it a little farther east. As long as it's gone by Saturday morning so I can dove hunt, I'll be happy.

Hope it doesn't blow out your birds. Our local birds moved on last week when the temperature hit mid 60's for a couple of nights. Doesn't take much to send 'em packing.

ducknwork
09-03-2010, 06:29 AM
I couldn't even tell we had a storm last night. Went in to work at 6 am today. Not much debris on the roads. It looks like we got a fair amount of rain, but we slept through all of it. Good luck with the remnants, yanks.;):D

Dove season is still looking good! I can't wait to get my dog out for her first dove hunt tomorrow!