PDA

View Full Version : Obongolo Forbids Sale Of M1 Rifles

gman0046
09-02-2010, 11:00 AM
In an effort to raise money, South Korea is trying to sell thousands of U.S. M1 rifles. The White House forbids the sale to U.S. residents because they can be used with high capacity magazines. WTF they are not machine guns they are semi-automatic weapons. Another example of Obongolo telling the American public what's best for them and to infringe on our rights. When is enough of this CLOWN enough? If Obongolo had his way your Benelli SBE would be next.

badbullgator
09-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Link Please since you can buy an M1 at any one of a thousand places in the USA

gman0046
09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
All you have to do is Google Obama forbids sale of M1 rifles. That way you can choose your source of information.

badbullgator
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
How stupid is that. Gonbroker.com has 89 pages of them for sale. Why are M1's form Korea illegal and others not?

gman0046
09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Nobody ever said Obongolo is brilliant. Every thing he's ever done is against the will of the American public. Good examples are healthcare, illegal immigration, excessive government spending, mosque support, and many others. Thats why his approval rating has dropped like a stone. If he bans the purchase of South Korean M1's what prevents him from banning the purchase of Italian Benelli SBE's? Who's to stop him?

Roger Perry
09-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Nobody ever said Obongolo is brilliant. Every thing he's ever done is against the will of the American public. Good examples are healthcare, illegal immigration, excessive government spending, mosque support, and many others. If he bans the purchase of South Korean M1's what prevents him from banning the purchase of Italian Benelli SBE's? Who's to stop him?

Geeze, maybe you should go out and buy up all the guns and ammo anywhere near you before it all gets banned.:rolleyes:

aandw
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
they are going to sell them to somebody, i would rather they be sold to legal gun owners in america than one of enemies.
roger who do you think is going to buy them?

dixidawg
09-02-2010, 11:47 AM
So you are in favor of banning the sale of these rifles?

gman0046
09-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Perry, has it ever occurred to you that Obongolo is the reason firearm and ammunition sales are up all over the nation? Maybe you can tell us about his record on Gun Control. Too bad all you do is BS with no facts.

dnf777
09-02-2010, 11:57 AM
My problem with this sale is THEY ARE OUR GUNS! According to fox news (so it must be true, right?) these were given to the Koreans by the US gov't.

Why not just have a requisition form for any US citizen to fill out, with a background check, then pick up your M1 at the local ATF office? Why should we pay for something that we already paid for? First come, first serve.

gman0046
09-02-2010, 12:08 PM
How about it Roger Perry? Are you against the sale of S. Korean M1's?

aandw
09-02-2010, 12:10 PM
So you are in favor of banning the sale of these rifles?

is this question for me? if so, i am not against the sell of the rifles to americans. if we don't buy them somebody will. i am betting our gov't will buy them then destroy them.

gman0046
09-02-2010, 12:14 PM
aandw, I believe dixidawg's question was to the nonsensical post by Roger Perry. It's funny Roger Perry is the only person NOT against Obongolo's decision. I also find it interesting that dnf had to bad mouth Fox News for reporting on Obongolo's dumb decision. The Liberal media would never report on a issue concerning the purchase of firearms. How can it be? We can purchase Romanian AK-47's and Chinese SKS's but not US made South Korean M1's? Just think of how affordable M1's would become if South Korea were able to dump almost 90,000 M1's on the American market.

Roger Perry
09-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Perry, has it ever occurred to you that Obongolo is the reason firearm and ammunition sales are up all over the nation? Maybe you can tell us about his record on Gun Control. Too bad all you do is BS with no facts.

Is the sales of firearms and ammunition are up because the economy is picking up?

And no I am not against the sale of the m1's. For Christ sake, they are over 50 years old.

Chicken Little

Regards

gman0046
09-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Thank you Roger Perry for another intelligent post. Do you have a problem with 50 year old firearms? I have several firearms that are over 50 years old and wouldn't trade them for some brand new ones. Apparently you've never heard of Pre-64 Winchesters, Model 12's or Model 37 Ithaca's. I'm sure many posters on this site have many firearms over 50 years old as well. Too bad you can't deal with a stupid decision made by your Messiah. Why haven't you given us the details on his gun control history?

Gerry Clinchy
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Why doesn't the govt just take them back if the S. Korean's don't want them anymore? Then they could be sold as army surplus ... US govt could use the $, too :-)

gman0046
09-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Gerry, thats a question for the Obongolo man. Considering his past Anti-Gun record, I'm sure they would be destroyed before they would be offered to the American public.

Roger Perry
09-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Thank you Roger Perry for another intelligent post. Do you have a problem with 50 year old firearms? I have several firearms that are over 50 years old and wouldn't trade them for some brand new ones. Apparently you've never heard of Pre-64 Winchesters, Model 12's or Model 37 Ithaca's. I'm sure many posters on this site have many firearms over 50 years old as well. Too bad you can't deal with a stupid decision made by your Messiah. Why haven't you given us the details on his gun control history?

Probably because I don't give a damn. I have my own guns that I own and one is a shotgun made in the 50's. And you do not see me rushing out and buying up all the ammunition I can find. I have faith in our Constitutional laws.

dnf777
09-02-2010, 01:50 PM

First of all, I was complimenting Fox for always telling the truth, and I even used them for my reference, because I know that to YOU, they are the only entity capable of speaking the truth.

As for the above, anyone who would compare the old Winchesters and Ithicas to korean made, stamped metal assault rifles, knows NOTHING about firearms, and should quietly bow out of this discussion. But I have an SKS I'll trade if you have a Parker you want to get rid of. :D

toddh
09-02-2010, 02:22 PM
As for the above, anyone who would compare the old Winchesters and Ithicas to korean made, stamped metal assault rifles, knows NOTHING about firearms, and should quietly bow out of this discussion. But I have an SKS I'll trade if you have a Parker you want to get rid of. :D

huh? I thought this was about M1's?

BrianW
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
These rifles were used to protect a free country from tyranny.
Is it any wonder PBO's scared of them? :rolleyes:

david gibson
09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
These rifles were iused to protect a free country from tyranny.
Is it any wonder PBO's scared of them? :rolleyes:

virtual high-5 on that buddy!

Buzz
09-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I own two M1's. Doesn't break my heart that close to another million will go on the market diluting the value of these old rifles.

I also have two WWII German bolt action rifles, but I need to double check the models, those I inherited from my Grandpa. They were old WWII keep sakes of his. Funny he fought in the war, but given his political leanings, most you you would consider him a traitor and enemy of freedom loving Americans.

Julie R.
09-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Is the sales of firearms and ammunition are up because the economy is picking up?

Regards

No Genius, gun and ammo sales went through the roof after your hero was elected because he is NOT a friend of gun owners. Oh, he paid lip service to us gun-toting, Bible-thumping rednecks so he could win the election, but make no mistake, he'd like guns to be restricted as severely as they are in Europe. I'm only familiar with the Virginia statistics but gun sales hit a monthly all-time high shortly after he took office despite the tanking economy.

gman0046
09-02-2010, 02:51 PM
dnf, another one of your BS posts. Who said anything about Korean made assault rifles? Looks as if you've been dipping into the recreational pharmaceuticals again. They don't call you little Yardley for nothing. The thread is about US made M1 rifles given to South Korea in case you forgot.

gman0046
09-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Julie, you can't convince Roger Perry his Messiah Obongolo doesn't walk on water. His posts indicate he just"doesn't get it".

dnf777
09-02-2010, 08:03 PM
dnf, another one of your BS posts. Who said anything about Korean made assault rifles? Looks as if you've been dipping into the recreational pharmaceuticals again. They don't call you little Yardley for nothing. The thread is about US made M1 rifles given to South Korea in case you forgot.

Well that's even MORE reason we should NOT pay for them. (twice)
Those of us who pay taxes, already paid for them once. That is, unless you support big government and wasteful spending? Maybe we should start calling you "little obongo"? :rolleyes:

Clay Rogers
09-02-2010, 08:14 PM
I own two M1's. Doesn't break my heart that close to another million will go on the market diluting the value of these old rifles.

I also have two WWII German bolt action rifles, but I need to double check the models, those I inherited from my Grandpa. They were old WWII keep sakes of his. Funny he fought in the war, but given his political leanings, most you you would consider him a traitor and enemy of freedom loving Americans.

Why, because he may not support our opinions? Nope, your grandpa is one of the greatest men to live in this country. The men and women who fought and served in WWII are the greatest generation that ever lived, be damned their political views. They earned the right to think whatever the heck they wanted.

dixidawg
09-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Well that's even MORE reason we should NOT pay for them. (twice)
Those of us who pay taxes, already paid for them once. That is, unless you support big government and wasteful spending? Maybe we should start calling you "little obongo"? :rolleyes:

"We" already paid for every surplus M1 ever made. Does that mean the "we" should not pay for them again through programs like the CMP?

"We" also paid to bail out GM. Should we not expect to pay again for a GM vehicle?

depittydawg
09-02-2010, 09:45 PM
No Genius, gun and ammo sales went through the roof after your hero was elected because he is NOT a friend of gun owners. Oh, he paid lip service to us gun-toting, Bible-thumping rednecks so he could win the election, but make no mistake, he'd like guns to be restricted as severely as they are in Europe. I'm only familiar with the Virginia statistics but gun sales hit a monthly all-time high shortly after he took office despite the tanking economy.

Ammo sales went through the roof because fanatics are so gullible they bought the hype, then bought the bullets... Paid premium for it too... So gullible.

ducknwork
09-03-2010, 05:20 AM

Please tell me that wasn't a serious question.

gman0046
09-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Despite rising unemployment, Perry thinks our economy is picking up? Get real for once Roger. Your losing it.

road kill
09-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Gun control laws are not about criminals having guns.
These laws are about disarming the citizenry.

This effort is to keep these weapons out of the citizens hands.

RK

BrianW
09-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Ammo sales went through the roof because fanatics are so gullible they bought the hype, then bought the bullets... Paid premium for it too... So gullible.

Are you denying there was a ruling by DRMS/DLA/DoD that restricted once fired brass sales? (Yes, it was implemented during the Bush years)

Do you deny that ATK did have a program in place that encouraged base commanders to recycle (destroy) their brass to get money directly rather than put it up for government liquidation (reload) in which the money went back into the Treasury? That this did reduce the amount of brass available for reloading, thus driving up the price?

Are you denying that PBO did nothing to get that rescinded, that it was only done through Senatorial efforts?

This President is NOT gun friendly. I don't think even you'll go so far as to say that, will you?

gman0046
09-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Obongolo's anti-gun record speaks for itself. The banning of the South Korean M1's only enforces that record.

BrianW
09-03-2010, 04:43 PM
A State Department spokesman said the administration's decision was based on concerns that the guns could fall into the wrong hands.
"The transfer of such a large number of weapons -- 87,310 M1 Garands and 770,160 M1 Carbines -- could potentially be exploited by individuals seeking firearms for illicit purposes," the spokesman said.

By that "reasoning"; :rolleyes:
"The transfer of such a large amount of authority from the Congress - through Executive Orders - could potentially be exploited by individuals seeking power for illicit purposes,"
There's no explicit Constitutional authority for Presidential EO's, unlike the guaranteed right to keep & bear arms.
How about if PBO's usage of those be restricted because they "might be misused"? ;)

road kill
09-03-2010, 05:35 PM
A State Department spokesman said the administration's decision was based on concerns that the guns could fall into the wrong hands.
"The transfer of such a large number of weapons -- 87,310 M1 Garands and 770,160 M1 Carbines -- could potentially be exploited by individuals seeking firearms for illicit purposes," the spokesman said.

By that "reasoning"; :rolleyes:
"The transfer of such a large amount of authority from the Congress - through Executive Orders - could potentially be exploited by individuals seeking power for illicit purposes,"
There's no explicit Constitutional authority for Presidential EO's, unlike the guaranteed right to keep & bear arms.
How about if PBO's usage of those be restricted because they "might be misused"? ;)

Gang members and drug dealers don't want that kind of obsolete equipment.:rolleyes:

RK

dixidawg
09-03-2010, 05:40 PM
"The greatest battle implement ever devised." Gen. Patton

BrianW
09-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Gang members and drug dealers don't want that kind of obsolete equipment.:rolleyes:

RK

But I don't understand.
According to the Brady Center, the carbine "can spray dozens of rounds before reloading.." :rolleyes:

I guess the problems they had with it in Korean cold weather ops would make it unsuitable for Chicago winters, huh? ;)

depittydawg
09-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Are you denying there was a ruling by DRMS/DLA/DoD that restricted once fired brass sales? (Yes, it was implemented during the Bush years)

Do you deny that ATK did have a program in place that encouraged base commanders to recycle (destroy) their brass to get money directly rather than put it up for government liquidation (reload) in which the money went back into the Treasury? That this did reduce the amount of brass available for reloading, thus driving up the price?

Are you denying that PBO did nothing to get that rescinded, that it was only done through Senatorial efforts?

This President is NOT gun friendly. I don't think even you'll go so far as to say that, will you?

Are you denying that absolutely nothing was done to restrict the normal distribution of firearms since Obama was elected. This despite the extreme hype and fear mongering orchestrated to get people to spend money for ammo at inflated prices? Like I said, people can be very gullible. Kind of like a friend of mine who bought the hype in 1999 that the economy was going to crash on Jan 1 2000. He bought over 500 gallons of diesel at inflated prices. By the time he used all the fuel, prices dropped 50%.

gman0046
09-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Dippy, great post. Thats the reason your the sites biggest Nimrod.

depittydawg
09-03-2010, 07:34 PM

Thanks AH. No shame in being singled out in a crowd that includes the likes of you. In fact, I'll wear that banner proudly around here. BTW, That thread says more about the people who set it up, and voted than it does for the results. Such adolescent behavior from so many angry old men... What ever you do, don't forget to be afraid. Be very afraid...

M&K's Retrievers
09-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks AH. No shame in being singled out in a crowd that includes the likes of you. In fact, I'll wear that banner proudly around here. BTW, That thread says more about the people who set it up, and voted than it does for the results. Such adolescent behavior from so many angry old men... What ever you do, don't forget to be afraid. Be very afraid...

Hey, DS. That poll was set up by me as a joke. I even voted for myself and you still won. If you can't take a joke, just maybe you need to grow up a bit. It seems as though the far left are getting testier as the November elections approach and the Obama "solutions" continue to crater.

Angry old man regards, :lol:

depittydawg
09-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey, DS. That poll was set up by me as a joke. I even voted for myself and you still won. If you can't take a joke, just maybe you need to grow up a bit. It seems as though the far left are getting testier as the November elections approach and the Obama "solutions" continue to crater.

Angry old man regards, :lol:

Course you did it. Cause you lost another argument on another thread. So as usual you sent out a rally cry to save your butt. Ha ha... Very petty, very juvenile. BTW, I could care less who wins in november. They're all the same. Maybe someday you'll figure that one out. In the meantime, I do take a lot of pleasure getting to you old guy. It's so easy.

M&K's Retrievers
09-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Course you did it. Cause you lost another argument on another thread. So as usual you sent out a rally cry to save your butt. Ha ha... Very petty, very juvenile. BTW, I could care less who wins in november. They're all the same. Maybe someday you'll figure that one out. In the meantime, I do take a lot of pleasure getting to you old guy. It's so easy.

I've never lost anything to you. I did offer my help to you in one situation but you never responded. In fact, you disappeared for a few days. Go back and check your old posts and maybe you can see where you get blown away by everyone. You rarely post links to support your position and when you do, they are either irrelevant or don't prove your point. Believe me, you don't get to me because neither I nor anyone else gives a hoot about your ramblings. Responding to you is just something to do until hunting season or at least until it cools off enough to start training again.

Oh, it's hunting season and it's cool enough to train regards,

JDogger
09-03-2010, 11:55 PM

That is you're, Peckerhead, not your. A contraction of you
are.

If you can't learn to speak and write properly, maybe your rights to post should be rescinded.:p

Unless you're Bugs Bunny talking to Elmer Fudd, 'nimrod' may be construed as a compliment. Do you get it?

If, Gibson hates liberals. It does not hold a candle to how much I hate conservatives, who write, post and make comment, without consideration to the language (english, that they hold so dear) without bothering to get it right.

My grammar, morphology, syntax, semantics, phonology, and tense may at times be incorrect, but I certainly know the difference between your and you're.

Get it? Gman? JD

M&K's Retrievers
09-04-2010, 12:49 AM
are.

If you can't learn to speak and write properly, maybe your rights to post should be rescinded.:p

Unless you're Bugs Bunny talking to Elmer Fudd, 'nimrod' may be construed as a compliment. Do you get it?

If, Gibson hates liberals. It does not hold a candle to how much I hate conservatives, who write, post and make comment, without consideration to the language (english, that they hold so dear) without bothering to get it right.

My grammar, morphology, syntax, semantics, phonology, and tense may at times be incorrect, but I certainly know the difference between your and you're.

Get it? Gman? JD

All conservatives or jest da ones thet kant' spill or use prooper puntuation$

JDogger
09-04-2010, 02:44 AM
All conservatives or jest da ones thet kant' spill or use prooper puntuation$

All y'all...dammit. all y'all...;)

M&K's Retrievers
09-04-2010, 03:24 AM
All y'all...dammit. all y'all...;)

Ice cream break?

david gibson
09-04-2010, 07:24 AM
are.

Get it? Gman? JD

the thing i hate second most is internet spelling police.

david gibson
09-04-2010, 07:26 AM

somebody's pants are on fire. if this were true you wouldnt mind W back in

dnf777
09-04-2010, 08:02 AM

My worst fear is that with short attention spans and even shorter memories, rather than elect a reasonable independent candidate, we will revert back to the republican party of the last decade. I don't think we can survive another assault on the middle class and the American worker like that.

dixidawg
09-04-2010, 08:19 AM
It does not hold a candle to how much I hate conservatives, who write, post and make comment, without consideration to the language (english, that they hold so dear) without bothering to get it right.

JD

Would that not be English?

road kill
09-04-2010, 08:26 AM
are.

Get it? Gman? JD

Yep, when it comes to intellect, you da' man!!:D

RK

JDogger
09-04-2010, 08:36 AM
the thing i hate second most is internet spelling police.

It wasn't a spelling error.

JDogger
09-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Would that not be English?

Yes it would.

"My grammar, morphology, syntax, semantics, phonology, and tense may at times be incorrect, "

BrianW
09-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Yes it "could",

Definition of NIMROD1
: a descendant of Ham represented in Genesis as a mighty hunter and a king of Shinar

not capitalized : hunter (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hunter)

but also;

not capitalized slang : idiot (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiot), jerk (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jerk)

Just trying to help with today's language lesson. ;)

depittydawg
09-04-2010, 09:39 AM

Well there are limits. But the President isn't up for vote this time around. Congress is another matter. But if the Republicans run a moderate in 2012, I will be very tempted to support him / her. On the other hand, if they run a Palin or some other half wit celebrity, I'll have to stick with Obama.

road kill
09-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Well there are limits. But the President isn't up for vote this time around. Congress is another matter. But if the Republicans run a moderate in 2012, I will be very tempted to support him / her. On the other hand, if they run a Palin or some other half wit celebrity, I'll have to stick with Obama.

I'm shocked!!!:shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKIcnj1MJY
Substitute "Independents" for Bears!!:D

RK

depittydawg
09-04-2010, 09:48 AM
My worst fear is that with short attention spans and even shorter memories, rather than elect a reasonable independent candidate, we will revert back to the republican party of the last decade. I don't think we can survive another assault on the middle class and the American worker like that.

The problem is the assault on the middle class climaxed under the Clinton presidency, (NAFTA, deregulation, etc.) and has continued during the Obama Presidency. I heard a report last week that Dodd and some other congressional democratic leaders were pushing to extend the tax cuts for billionaires. Same old story. Same old nonsense that didn't work, won't work, and will create more debt for little to no gain.

At least the Republicans make no bones about it. The dem's on the other hand talk a progressive line to get elected, then turn their backs on the middle class once they get to Washington. One of our parties needs to be reformed. So far neither are even considering it. Until that happens, I"m afraid it's twiddly dee and twiddly dum.

BrianW
09-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Are you denying that absolutely nothing was done to restrict the normal distribution of firearms since Obama was elected. .

Yes I am.

Have you forgotten about Mexico already ?
"Virtually out of the inaugural gate, President Obama picked up the anti Second Amendment gauntlet and held it high on his first trip to Mexico City in April of 2009. In a meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderón, he promised to urge the U.S. Senate to pass the international arms control agreement signed by Bill Clinton in 1997.
This agreement is titled the “Inter-American Convention Against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials” better known as CIFTA. Though signed, it was thankfully never ratified by the Senate. This regional treaty, was adopted by the Organization of American States, yet the US and four other member states have not ratified it, at last accounting. Among the notable sticking points are disagreement over the lapsed U.S. assault weapons ban, cross-border trucking between Mexico and the US, and the ever present illegal drug and illegal immigration problem."

Second verse, same as the first. little bit louder & a little bit worse. - "Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced the Obama Administration would be working hand in glove with the U.N. to pass a new “Small Arms Treaty.” Rep. Paul Broun GA -10th Dist "Oh. Right—nothing to see here. Except that we have a Secretary of State who is in apparent support of such a treaty. And that we don’t know what that treaty says, and probably won’t until it’s on the table for signatures. Perhaps it’s like the recent health care debacle, of which nobody knew what was in it until after it was passed. Wouldn’t that be nice? I just love surprises."

Still can't say that PBO is gun friendly though, can you?
That's ok!

dnf777
09-04-2010, 10:09 AM
The problem is the assault on the middle class climaxed under the Clinton presidency, (NAFTA, deregulation, etc.) and has continued during the Obama Presidency. I heard a report last week that Dodd and some other congressional democratic leaders were pushing to extend the tax cuts for billionaires. Same old story. Same old nonsense that didn't work, won't work, and will create more debt for little to no gain.

At least the Republicans make no bones about it. The dem's on the other hand talk a progressive line to get elected, then turn their backs on the middle class once they get to Washington. One of our parties needs to be reformed. So far neither are even considering it. Until that happens, I"m afraid it's twiddly dee and twiddly dum.

Unfortunately, you're absolutely right. Too bad other Americans don't see that we're just being fed to each other, while the elite ruling class are robbing the bank.

I've never heard truer words than George Carlin's "you're owned" rant. (Buzz's recent link)

depittydawg
09-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Yes I am.

Have you forgotten about Mexico already ?
Virtually out of the inaugural gate, President Obama picked up the anti Second Amendment gauntlet and held it high on his first trip to Mexico City in April of 2009. In a meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderón, he promised to urge the U.S. Senate to pass the international arms control agreement signed by Bill Clinton in 1997.
This agreement is titled the “Inter-American Convention Against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials” better known as CIFTA. Though signed, it was thankfully never ratified by the Senate. This regional treaty, was adopted by the Organization of American States, yet the US and four other member states have not ratified it, at last accounting. Among the notable sticking points are disagreement over the lapsed U.S. assault weapons ban, cross-border trucking between Mexico and the US, and the ever present illegal drug and illegal immigration problem.

Second verse, same as the first. little bit louder & a little bit worse. - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced the Obama Administration would be working hand in glove with the U.N. to pass a new “Small Arms Treaty.” Oh. Right—nothing to see here. Except that we have a Secretary of State who is in apparent support of such a treaty. And that we don’t know what that treaty says, and probably won’t until it’s on the table for signatures. Perhaps it’s like the recent health care debacle, of which nobody knew what was in it until after it was passed. Wouldn’t that be nice? I just love surprises.

Still can't say that PBO is gun friendly though, can you?
That's ok!

Sorry, I don't see an attempt at limiting and controlling the illegal trafficking and sales of firearms in the international market, as a limitation on my right to purchase weapons or ammunition. I don't need to buy them illegally. I can buy them any time I want easily. And even it you disagree and make that leap, it still didn't become law did it? Kind of like the abortion bone the republicans throw to their base every election year. Lots of rhetoric, zero action.

BrianW
09-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Sorry, I don't see an attempt at limiting and controlling the illegal trafficking and sales of firearms in the international market, as a limitation on my right to purchase weapons or ammunition...
"Disguised as legislation to help in the fight against “terrorism,” “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates,” the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty is nothing more than a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.
If passed by the U.N. and ratified by the U.S. Senate, the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:
Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;
CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;
Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION."
it still didn't become law did it? Yet. Still being drafted from my understanding.
DD, Your statement was that Obama has not done anything since elected to restrict firearms. Do you honestly feel that PBO has done anything to help you own a firearm or buy ammunition?
Also do you think that PBO would not sign such a UN treaty and send it for ratification if it was passed by the Convention?

gman0046
09-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Another incoherent post by dippy. Fortunately Obongolo's initiative didn't pass the senate. He tried though. Dippy can you tell us about Obongolo doing anything other then restrict gun control.