PDA

View Full Version : Winger for a girl

flatcoatfun
09-03-2010, 02:28 PM
I've read back over all the past posts on Zinger Wingers vs GU and its making my head spin.

I'd like to get several wingers, need them to be lightweight as I will be walking them out into the field. They also have to be small enough to fit into my Honda Pilot. I want to be able to throw ducks, wet and frozen and bumpers. I am not mechanically inclined so need something reliable and easy.

I live in hot and humid Florida so train in wet and sand. Have one dog currently who I am working on Senior and hope to go to Master with him.

Cost is a factor.

So bring on the recommendations :)
Thanks!!

Jim Harvey
09-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Dear Alison

What do you mean "winger for a girl"? Nothing sissy at all about you,.....

I would consider the Zinger II, they are 2 lbs lighter than the same thing from Gunner's Up. It is one of the main reasons I use them. Two pounds, when I am hauling 3 of them out into field, some 450 yards away is a BIG difference.

Yes, both companies make smaller ones, but the price is even more or very close, I believe. Plus, you just don't get the distance with them.

Call Robert Samspon at Zinger and tell him you would like the club discount and he will give you at least 10% off. Plus, I believe the II's are on specail right now!

They will fit in your Honda for sure.

I wish you and Tripp were running another FT this year.

Welcome to train over here when ever you like.

:) Jim

flatcoatfun
09-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks Jim
I was trying to remember what you used. Good to know that when Tripp is ready for the big time that the Zinger II can throw those field trial marks :)

Andy Carlson
09-03-2010, 05:51 PM
As one girl to another I also recommend the Zinger Winger II. I have 2 of them and they are very reliable, lightweight and throw birds or bumpers. I trial my dogs and they throw far enough to keep us all happy!

Andy

Pals
09-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I happen to be a girl too. yep it's true. Anyway-I have two Zinger Winger II's and I love them. Everything a chick who plays with retrievers could want.

GulfCoast
09-03-2010, 07:40 PM
The ZW II is lighter and has a smaller footprint that the equivalent GU model. Both are fine wingers (I own both), but a GU will not fit in my truck where a ZW II is just fine.