PDA

View Full Version : When is Enough Enough??

road kill
09-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Never with this group!!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100906/D9I2DUV01.html

RK

Roger Perry
09-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Never with this group!!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100906/D9I2DUV01.html

RK

The goals of the infrastructure plan include: rebuilding 150,000 miles of roads; constructing and maintaining 4,000 miles of railways, enough to go coast-to-coast; and rehabilitating or reconstructing 150 miles of airport runways, while also installing a new air navigation system designed to reduce travel times and delays.

Officials said the White House would consider closing a number of special tax breaks for oil and gas companies to pay for the proposal.

So you are against putting people back to work?

depittydawg
09-06-2010, 11:30 AM
The goals of the infrastructure plan include: rebuilding 150,000 miles of roads; constructing and maintaining 4,000 miles of railways, enough to go coast-to-coast; and rehabilitating or reconstructing 150 miles of airport runways, while also installing a new air navigation system designed to reduce travel times and delays.

Officials said the White House would consider closing a number of special tax breaks for oil and gas companies to pay for the proposal.

So you are against putting people back to work?

This is exactly what America needs right now. Giving money to wall street billionaires didn't work, because they invested it in China! Cudo's to Obama for getting one right. Now, lets see if he can actually make it happen. That's where he usually comes up short.

Gerry Clinchy
09-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Will the projects have to be shovel-ready?

Money from the stimulus was supposed to go to infrastructure, too. It has been discussed that more than one of the projects that $ is going to could be better used for other projects. PA's money, supposed to repair bridges ostensibly, is rumored to have gone, in large part, to shoring up public transportation in cities.

Maybe I'll just believe it when I see it.