PDA

View Full Version : NFL Post Seson Picks

Franco
09-09-2010, 01:04 PM
NFL Post Season;

Alright all you armchair QB's it's time to put you reputation on the line!;-)

Who will play in the Conference Championship games and Super Bowl?

I'm going with;

AFC Colts vs Bengals
NFC Saints vs Packers

Super Bowl

Saints vs Bengals

Marvin S
09-09-2010, 01:49 PM
NFL Post Season;

I'm going with;

AFC Colts (O-line questions?) vs Bengals (Chemistry)
NFC Saints (take off your Rose colored's) vs Packers (good call)

Super Bowl

Saints vs Bengals

I'm no expert at this so will have to look at the sports page to see what divisions these teams play in. You can't discount a good coach, so Harbaugh, Singletary, Ryan & Fisher have to be in that mix.

Will get back later with some predicts.

luvmylabs23139
09-09-2010, 02:02 PM
AFC Jets play in championship game.

Bayou Magic
09-09-2010, 02:11 PM
NFL Post Season;

I'm going with;

AFC Colts vs Bengals
NFC Saints vs Packers

Super Bowl

Saints vs Bengals

If it comes down to the Amateur Field Champion vs the National Field Champion, I'm going with the National Field Champion.

fp

subroc
09-09-2010, 02:27 PM
AFC Jets play in championship game.

who will score their points?

duk4me
09-09-2010, 03:24 PM
NFL Post Season;

I'm going with;

AFC Colts vs Bengals
NFC Saints vs Packers

Super Bowl

Saints vs Bengals

homer Homer HOMER HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

AFC Texans vs Colts
NFC Saints vs Cowboys

Super Bowl

Texans vs Cowboys in I-35 Champeenship

Franco
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
homer Homer HOMER HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

AFC Texans vs Colts
NFC Saints vs Cowboys

Super Bowl

Texans vs Cowboys in I-35 Champeenship

Me a homer?

I knew you were picking da boys before I opened this thread!

The Texans have been the sexy pick for the last two seasons with nothing to show.

Cowboys are over-hyped every season.:p

Looking forward to that Turkey Day shootout at Jerry World!;-)

Should we make a bet?

duk4me
09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Me a homer?

I knew you were picking da boys before I opened this thread!

The Texans have been the sexy pick for the last two seasons with nothing to show.

Cowboys are over-hyped every season.:p

Looking forward to that Turkey Day shootout at Jerry World!;-)

Should we make a bet?

What? Just because two of the teams are in Texas, one is n the great state fo LA my neighbor that I live 80 miles from, and the other teams QB happens to be from New Orleans THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME A HOMER......er ok I'm a homer.

Got to watch the offensive line for the Cowboys a game or so before I wager.

Saints 38 Vickies 9 regards,

PS Brett Favorite limps off in 2nd to never return.

Buzz
09-09-2010, 05:50 PM
As one who grew up in Detroit, I view the upcoming NFL season with a great deal of trepidation. :rolleyes:

duk4me
09-09-2010, 06:05 PM
As one who grew up in Detroit, I view the upcoming NFL season with a great deal of trepidation. :rolleyes:

Me too, I"m so excited! Good luck up north.

Franco
09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
I think both the Lions and Raiders will be competitve this season.

Lions have been drafting talented youngsters, I just don't know that much about thier coaching. They've also traded away some problems ie Roy Williams.

Dave Matthews playing live right now on the NFL channel! Big NFL kickoff party from Jackson Square.

road kill
09-09-2010, 06:28 PM

Detroit has a nice young QB.

I am looking for that kid to pull Detroit up!!

RK

TN_LAB
09-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Saints vs Titans

I've lived in Louisiana and Tennessee and love to always start my NFL season off by predicting this way (got real close with Titans in 99-00 and still can't believe my Saints pulled it off last year).

Do I really think these two will face each other in the Superbowl? No, but I never thought I would have lived to see the Saints win one either.

Dave Matthews playing live right now on the NFL channel! Big NFL kickoff party from Jackson Square.

My dad said they let school out early today and also closed city hall. Only in Nawlins. Who Dat?

Cody Covey
09-09-2010, 07:40 PM
What? Just because two of the teams are in Texas, one is n the great state fo LA my neighbor that I live 80 miles from, and the other teams QB happens to be from New Orleans THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME A HOMER......er ok I'm a homer.

Got to watch the offensive line for the Cowboys a game or so before I wager.

Saints 38 Vickies 9 regards,

PS Brett Favorite limps off in 2nd to never return.

if the Saints play as shady as they did last year I'll agree with that.

subroc
09-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Ravens are going to have a hell of a team.

The Raiders will still finish in the middle of the pack.

The Lions are going to languish in the cellar for another year.

The Jets will have a solid defense but will struggle to score points and will not make the playoffs.

The Saints will be a solid team but will fall back to earth a bit. Easily a playoff team.

Colts will have a 12+ games winning season.

Brett Favre will have a very bad year and the Vikings will finish mid pack.

Chargers will make the playoffs.

Patriots will make the playoffs.

Franco
09-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Ravens are going to have a hell of a team.

Agree.

The Raiders will still finish in the middle of the pack.

Agree, which will be a huge improvement over the last few season.

The Lions are going to languish in the cellar for another year.

Not so sure about that. I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish ahead of the Bears.

The Jets will have a solid defense but will struggle to score points and will not make the playoffs.

Agree, solid D with a weak O.

The Saints will be a solid team but will fall back to earth a bit. Easily a playoff team.

Agree, though with a much improved D. Can you say, "Two Dat";-)

Colts will have a 12+ games winning season.

Not so fast, Texans could pull the upset.

Brett Favre will have a very bad year and the Vikings will finish mid pack.

Get Tavaris ready, Grandpa might be wishing he was in his treestand instead.

Chargers will make the playoffs.

Agree.

Patriots will make the playoffs.

Should win the East.

Giants and Cowboys should make the playoffs too. Packers should win the North.

I'll be a Steelers and Giants fan this weekend:cool:

Roger Perry
09-10-2010, 02:46 PM
NFL Post Season;

I'm going with;

AFC Colts vs Bengals
NFC Saints vs Packers

Super Bowl

Saints vs Bengals

Looks like you are a homer picking Saints

Franco
09-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Looks like you are a homer picking Saints

Not just me but, America!

The Super Bowl was the most viewed program ever on American TV with 113 million viewers.

Thursday's Vikings-Saints opener earned the highest rating for a regular-season, prime-time game in 13 years. NBC said Friday that New Orleans' 14-9 win in a rematch of the NFC
championship drew a 17.7 overnight rating and 28 share.

Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time. Overnight ratings measure the country's largest markets.

Saints = ratings and ratings = money for the networks. P S

Folks down here are tired of hearing about Katrina! Watched the pregame with some friends last night and when the network aired a Katrina story we were all moaning and rolling our eyes. Seems like all the network producers can't come up with is Katrina . They need to give it a rest!

wayne anderson
09-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Amen to enuf about Katrina--still remember the post-Katrina scenes inside the Superdome.

road kill
09-11-2010, 07:44 AM
The "LOMBARDI" Trophy (named after the GREATEST coach of all time) will return to it's rightful home:

1265 Lombardi Ave.

Home of the GREEN BAY PACKERS, the standard by which all others are measured!!

RK

subroc
09-11-2010, 10:07 AM
The "LOMBARDI" Trophy (named after the GREATEST coach of all time) will return to it's rightful home:

1265 Lombardi Ave.

Home of the GREEN BAY PACKERS, the standard by which all others are measured!!

RK

well,I expect they will or at least could be in the running.

isn't it something how so many teams look so good before they have even played a game?

road kill
09-11-2010, 03:29 PM
well,I expect they will or at least could be in the running.

isn't it something how so many teams look so good before they have even played a game?
You quote my post and say that??

Listening to Franco it's waste of time to even play the season, it's over already!!:D

RK

road kill
09-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Not just me but, America!

The Super Bowl was the most viewed program ever on American TV with 113 million viewers.

Thursday's Vikings-Saints opener earned the highest rating for a regular-season, prime-time game in 13 years. NBC said Friday that New Orleans' 14-9 win in a rematch of the NFC
championship drew a 17.7 overnight rating and 28 share.

Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned into a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time. Overnight ratings measure the country's largest markets.

FAVRE = ratings and ratings = money for the networks. P S

Folks down here are tired of hearing about Katrina! Watched the pregame with some friends last night and when the network aired a Katrina story we were all moaning and rolling our eyes. Seems like all the network producers can't come up with is Katrina . They need to give it a rest!

I agree with you Franco, Favre still can pack in the fans!!:D

RK

subroc
09-11-2010, 03:53 PM
...Favre still can pack in the fans!!:D

RK

but can he still play?

road kill
09-11-2010, 03:58 PM
but can he still play?

Better than most, but not as good as he used to.

But then again, who can????;-)

RK

Franco
09-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Damn, it hot today 98 degrees! I've been grilling a couple dozen pork tenderloins at our designated company tailgate area in Cajun Field. Pack up the equipment after the beginiing of the tird quarter with the Cajuns up by 17 vs a small U for Arkansas.

Farve brings assets to a team. Attitude and experience are the biggest two. I agree his skills aren't what they were years ago and he is serious about retiring after this season.

RK, you are correct, the regular season is but a formality!;-)

When was the last time you've seen two O Guards pick up the Williams Wall Vikings and literally toss them around? I saw Nicks pick the fatter of the two and toss him over the other Williams that was also knocked on the ground! The Vikings D line is the best in the business and they were manhandled. Second year OT J Bushrod neutralized Eric Allen. Saints were the first team to pound the Vikings front seven and run the ball successfully.

road kill
09-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Damn, it hot today 98 degrees! I've been grilling a couple dozen pork tenderloins at our designated company tailgate area in Cajun Field. Pack up the equipment after the beginiing of the tird quarter with the Cajuns up by 17 vs a small U for Arkansas.

Farve brings assets to a team. Attitude and experience are the biggest two. I agree his skills aren't what they were years ago and he is serious about retiring after this season.

RK, you are correct, the regular season is but a formality!;-)

When was the last time you've seen two O Guards pick up the Williams Wall Vikings and literally toss them around? I saw Nicks pick the fatter of the two and toss him over the other Williams that was also knocked on the ground! The Vikings D line is the best in the business and they were manhandled. Second year OT J Bushrod neutralized Eric Allen. Saints were the first team to pound the Vikings front seven and run the ball successfully.

Yeah, they absolutely kicked their asses, what was it 44-9??

OOOPS, my bad, 14-9.

1 catch away is not manhandling.

BTW--That was as dissapointing a game as I have seen in some time.
By both teams.
Either MN is better than most thought, or NO ain't all that.

RK

Franco
09-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah, they absolutely kicked their asses, what was it 44-9??

OOOPS, my bad, 14-9.

1 catch away is not manhandling.

BTW--That was as dissapointing a game as I have seen in some time.
By both teams.
Either MN is better than most thought, or NO ain't all that.

RK

You must have been watching a different game. What I saw was two tough Defenses hitting one another. The difference was the Saints O line manhandling the Vikings D line.

Green Bay wishes they had the Vikings D!

I seem to remember the last Packers vs Saints game. Monday night game and the Packers at the time had the #1 ranked pass Defense. Brees torched them for like 400 yards and ran up the score to something like 51 to 17.

Just because a team doesn't run up a score doesn't mean diddley! All games are different and the important thing is the W.

road kill
09-11-2010, 06:56 PM
You must have been watching a different game. What I saw was two tough Defenses hitting one another. The difference was the Saints O line manhandling the Vikings D line.

Green Bay wishes they had the Vikings D!

I seem to remember the last Packers vs Saints game. Monday night game and the Packers at the time had the #1 ranked pass Defense. Brees torched them for like 400 yards and ran up the score to something like 51 to 17.

Just because a team doesn't run up a score doesn't mean diddley! All games are different and the important thing is the W.

Agreed 100%, and the W does not mean "manhandling."

As far as GB goes, huge issues in the secondary and S/T's.

They are not ironclad at every position like NO.;-)

RK

Franco
09-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Agreed 100%, and the W does not mean "manhandling."

As far as GB goes, huge issues in the secondary and S/T's.

They are not ironclad at every position like NO.;-)

RK

You seem to forget that I picked the Saints vs Packers for the NFC Championship game in the Super Dome. But, if we have to travel to the frozen tundra in sub 0 temps to do it, we have the D and running game to get 'er done.;-)

I said the Saints O line manhandled the Viks D line, quit twisting it aroound!

Do some reserach and discover the last time a team ran for more 1st downs against the Viks than the Saints. We were both much younger men then!

Got to go, LSU just kickedoff.

duk4me
09-14-2010, 02:51 PM
You seem to forget that I picked the Saints vs Packers for the NFC Championship game in the Super Dome. But, if we have to travel to the frozen tundra in sub 0 temps to do it, we have the D and running game to get 'er done.;-)

I said the Saints O line manhandled the Viks D line, quit twisting it aroound!

Do some reserach and discover the last time a team ran for more 1st downs against the Viks than the Saints. We were both much younger men then!

Got to go, LSU just kickedoff.

WHAT? LSU died? Dang I was hopin it would be a long slow painful death.:p

Franco
09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
WHAT? LSU died? Dang I was hopin it would be a long slow painful death.:p

I picked them to go 6 - 6 on RTF in August. The fact that they squeeked past N Carolina in the opener looks like 7 -5 season to me now.

Les Miles' Offense is terrible and we can't win with J Jefferson at QB. Shame on Miles for not finding us another QB we can win with! Three seasons of Jefferson is three seasons too many!

Bayou Magic
09-18-2010, 06:26 AM
I picked them to go 6 - 6 on RTF in August. The fact that they squeeked past N Carolina in the opener looks like 7 -5 season to me now.

Les Miles' Offense is terrible and we can't win with J Jefferson at QB. Shame on Miles for not finding us another QB we can win with! Three seasons of Jefferson is three seasons too many!

Agree 100%. I picked them 7-5 before the season started and before I knew about NC's problems. With a QB that can hit a simple swing pass or dump off pass to the flats they will be lucky to go 6-6. Miles can't be that dumb when it comes to Jefferson. Are the other LSU QBs really bad enough to keep them on the bench? Without excellent talent on D and surrounding Jefferson LSU would be lucky to win 4 games. Embarrassing. Put 10 in at QB, Jefferson on the bench (outside of the stadium), and run the damn ball.

fp