PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

paul young
09-11-2010, 06:50 AM
on this day, i want to thank the brave firemen, policemen, and medical professionals who lost their lives trying to save the lives of others, as well as the many rescue personnel, human and canine who gave their all during the search for survivors in the weeks that followed.

this is what i choose to remember and focus on. not the hatred of those that perpetrated this horror.

i hope some of you feel the same as i do.-Paul

Ken Bora
09-11-2010, 07:05 AM
....yes....

Jim Person
09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
100%. Thank You All! I'd like to add all the military forces who are keeping us safe. And God Bless (whoever your god is) all who perished on that horrible day. Jim

subroc
09-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I pretty much agree with you. It is an important day of remembrance, reflection, and thanks for those who stand watch over our daily lives. That is what the day has come to mean to me anyway. But, in this case, our enemy is still out there and is worthy of some thought and consideration as well.

BrianW
09-11-2010, 09:22 AM
this is what i choose to remember and focus on. not the hatred of those that perpetrated this horror.

I'm not quite sure what context you are referring to in this statement.
As in you personally not hating the perpetrators?
Or in the mindset of those who made the attacks?

Imo, If the latter hadn't existed, there would be no need for the former.

subroc
09-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Just so we keep this in context:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4s3fn8jDc

BTW Paul, you do mean focus on? you are not dismissing "those that perpetrated this horror" are you? just choosing to focus on the heros?

I expect you have a unique way of compartmentalizing that I do not have.

Pals
09-11-2010, 10:37 AM
May God Bless the victims, their families and friends, our country and our military. May He give wisdom to our leaders and strength to our nation.

Never Forget

depittydawg
09-11-2010, 12:41 PM
on this day, i want to thank the brave firemen, policemen, and medical professionals who lost their lives trying to save the lives of others, as well as the many rescue personnel, human and canine who gave their all during the search for survivors in the weeks that followed.

Agree with everything you have written above. Along with remembering and honoring those that died, and those that suffered or died in trying to help; we also need to reflect on our reactions as a nation to what happened. Ever wonder what the world would be like today had we done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded, clean up our streets, and bury our dead? Somehow, I think the world would be a better place.

subroc
09-11-2010, 12:47 PM
...we also need to reflect on our reactions as a nation to what happened. Ever wonder what the world would be like today had we done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded, clean up our streets, and bury our dead? Somehow, I think the world would be a better place.

I expect we would have had to clean our streets many more times.

that is a course of action no reasonable man or nation would have taken. I expect that is the same thought process that brought us WW2 in Europe.

silly man...

dnf777
09-11-2010, 12:58 PM
to the original post......Amen!

I still think Alan Jackson said it the best in his song. When it comes on, I still just stop and reflect, 9 years later.

Nor_Cal_Angler
09-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Agree with everything you have written above. Along with remembering and honoring those that died, and those that suffered or died in trying to help; we also need to reflect on our reactions as a nation to what happened. Ever wonder what the world would be like today had we done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded, clean up our streets, and bury our dead? Somehow, I think the world would be a better place.

Disgraceful

NCA

gman0046
09-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Dippy, you have posted more drivel then any ten people on this site but your post about doing nothing after the 9/11 attack is the most reprehensible post ever. You are as Nor Cal Angler posted a disgrace to be called an American. Why don't you pack up and leave this country. I'm sure you'd be much happier in a place like Somalia or Kenya.

Clay Rogers
09-11-2010, 11:52 PM

I have read your post, re-read your post and pondered long and hard on how to respond, or even if I should respond. The conclusion that I came up with initally was to attack you, calling you names and trying to insult you, like other people, but I held out. I think you need help, mental help. I think your family should write Dr. Phil or the other bald dude on TV. And if they are both busy, well, I guess Jerry Springer will do. Because if you think that was the right answer in your heart of hearts, you should rip it out and step on it.

M&K's Retrievers
09-12-2010, 12:49 AM
DS, since you are on ignore, I did not know about your idiotic remarks until someone quoted you. What in the world happened in your life to make you so lame?

Can't help but wonder regards,

gman0046
09-12-2010, 08:19 AM
stumpholehunter has it right. Dippy is a very sick individual. Its scary people like him are walking the streets.

dnf777
09-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Lighten up guys.

In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm.

Personally, I think we should have initially thumped the al queda network as best we could, (which we did, thank you, Mr. Bush) and then got out of A-stan except for some human intel and drones on an "as needed" basis.

But hey, this thread was about the sacrafices the first responders made 9 years ago, and we can all agree they are heroes. Did anyone expect a thread to remain apolitical here....really?;)

road kill
09-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Lighten up guys.

In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm.
Personally, I think we should have initially thumped the al queda network as best we could, (which we did, thank you, Mr. Bush) and then got out of A-stan except for some human intel and drones on an "as needed" basis.
But hey, this thread was about the sacrafices the first responders made 9 years ago, and we can all agree they are heroes. Did anyone expect a thread to remain apolitical here....really?;)

Interesting, are you saying we were doing nothing in Afgahnistan?

I think if you check, or ask Yardley, you'll find we were doing what you just proposed we be doing in Afgahnistan.
(except a tad more)
But I'll bet your post "felt good."

RK

road kill
09-12-2010, 09:54 AM

Just think how wonderful America would be if only we had never offended the peace loving Jihadists in the first place!

OOOOOHHH, how much better the world would be.

Can't we just do everything they demand and it will all be OK??:rolleyes:

RK

depittydawg
09-12-2010, 10:14 AM
I have read your post, re-read your post and pondered long and hard on how to respond, or even if I should respond. The conclusion that I came up with initally was to attack you, calling you names and trying to insult you, like other people, but I held out. I think you need help, mental help. I think your family should write Dr. Phil or the other bald dude on TV. And if they are both busy, well, I guess Jerry Springer will do. Because if you think that was the right answer in your heart of hearts, you should rip it out and step on it.

Very nice. Your opening statement says you resisted your urge to lash out and attack. And then you proceeded to lash out and attack... Quite impressive. Guess some folks are just not capable of self control. You really should open your mind a little. Nothing I said merits any kind of negative response on the level your suggesting. I simply stated the US reaction to 9-11 was all wrong. Most people on the planet, agree with that statement.
We tried to treat an international criminal act as an act of war perpetrated by a foreign government. Ended up attacking the wrong country and killing more innocent people than have EVER died for any reason in the US at the hands of an enemy (civil war excluded).
It was a mistake. There is nothing disgraceful in admitting we made a mistake. It is the first step in trying to avoid one in the future.

depittydawg
09-12-2010, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=road kill;675053]Just think how wonderful America would be if only we had never offended the peace loving Jihadists in the first place!

OOOOOHHH, how much better the world would be.

Can't we just do everything they demand and it will all be OK??:rolleyes:

RK[/QUOTE

This reply isn't directed at you personally RK, These comments are directed to the several people who seemed to have a very strange and unwarranted reaction to my mentioning that the US F-d up royally in its reaction to 9-11.
What is it about your personalities that not only prevents you from acknowledging a basic fact, or at the minimum, an opinion that is contrary to your own? An opinion, by the way, that is also accepted by most people in the world, And even carrying it to an extreme of malicious grandiose lashing out at one who would suggest that your country made a mistake.
The fact is, the United States reaction to 9-11, under the leadership of the Bush administration, did much more harm than good in combating international terrorism. Our reaction, which included several wars, did more to damage our country than the actual attack we suffered on 9-11. Now, if you disagree with that statement, and want to debate it, lets have at it. But you need enough self restraint to avoid name calling, rock throwing, or any other juvenile antics. Why don't you start by addressing one of the following points.
Facts:
We were attacked by a small group of Fanatics from Saudi Arabia.
We attacked the wrong country in Iraq. By doing so we killed 100's of times more innocents than those that died in NY City on 9-11.
We spent trillions of dollars and there are more people who hate us than ever on the planet. We are near bankrupt as a nation today in part because of this mistake.
Osama Bin Laden - is still at large, and still plotting his next attack against us.

Goose
09-12-2010, 11:19 AM

Jeremy Davies plays the part of Corporal Timothy Upham, a sniveling little translator hired by Captain John Miller in 'Saving Private Ryan'.

You remind me of him.

We live in Cuba now.

Jim Person
09-12-2010, 12:29 PM
too bad this post has deteriorated into this retoric.. I think it was started to honor,remember,and pay respect to those who died or helped or were effected by this day. And on this one day let's all be proud to be Americans

ducknwork
09-12-2010, 12:36 PM
too bad this post has deteriorated into this retoric.. I think it was started to honor,remember,and pay respect to those who died or helped or were effected by this day. And on this one day let's all be proud to be Americans

Yes very sad...God Bless all of those who died that day...and all of those who lost someone...:(:(

It is very sad and disturbing that some people think America should have rolled over on it's belly and done nothing in response to an attack on our soil that killed thousands of innocent people.

We tried to treat an international criminal act as an act of war perpetrated by a foreign government.

What was Pearl Harbor? How was it any different than 9/11? Did we screw up that response also?

dnf777
09-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Interesting, are you saying we were doing nothing in Afgahnistan?

RK

Good grief man! Wipe the BS off your bifocals and read what I said before you go making unfounded statements.

Here, in case your bifocals are at the same slow repair shop as Obama's wedding ring, I'll post in geriatric print for you to see:

Personally, I think we should have initially thumped the al queda network as best we could, (which we did, thank you, Mr. Bush)

road kill
09-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Good grief man! Wipe the BS off your bifocals and read what I said before you go making unfounded statements.

Here, in case your bifocals are at the same slow repair shop as Obama's wedding ring, I'll post in geriatric print for you to see:

Personally, I think we should have initially thumped the al queda network as best we could, (which we did, thank you, Mr. Bush)

Sorry, I thought you posted this, didn't enlarge the print for you.
I guess even you don't read your posts.

"In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm."

Wait, I checked, that was you that posted that.

RK

dnf777
09-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Sorry RK, that's as large as I can make it. If you still can't (or won't) see, it's time to drop it.

code3retrievers
09-12-2010, 12:51 PM

Like we did after the Cole Attack, or how about the first World Trade Center attack, or the Kenyan attack. Maybe we could have sat down and sang Kumbaya with the terrorists and everything would have been forgiven.

Do you even live in the real world or is your life just one big utopian journey? So sad that you are willing to be kicked in the face and are willing to do nothing about it.

dnf777
09-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Like we did after the Cole Attack, or how about the first World Trade Center attack, or the Kenyan attack. Maybe we could have sat down and sang Kumbaya with the terrorists and everything would have been forgiven.

What would YOU have done? Invade a country that had nothing to do with the attacks? Oh, wait....don't answer that.

road kill
09-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Sorry RK, that's as large as I can make it. If you still can't (or won't) see, it's time to drop it.

Oh, no worries, I can see it.
No matter how big you make the letters and how hard you try to insult me you said:

"In some ways, we did do "absolutely nothing", that is, after we let Bin Laden escape, divert attention to Iraq, and not refocus on Afghanistan until Obama took over the helm."

It's OK, I'd be ashamed of that post as well.:D

RK

Clay Rogers
09-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Very nice. Your opening statement says you resisted your urge to lash out and attack. And then you proceeded to lash out and attack... Quite impressive. Guess some folks are just not capable of self control. You really should open your mind a little. Nothing I said merits any kind of negative response on the level your suggesting. I simply stated the US reaction to 9-11 was all wrong. Most people on the planet, agree with that statement.
We tried to treat an international criminal act as an act of war perpetrated by a foreign government. Ended up attacking the wrong country and killing more innocent people than have EVER died for any reason in the US at the hands of an enemy (civil war excluded).
It was a mistake. There is nothing disgraceful in admitting we made a mistake. It is the first step in trying to avoid one in the future.

Guy, my mind is wide open. The only mistake we made after 9/11 was stopping where we did. Most people huh? Where did you get that stat from? Oh let me guess, 8 years after the fact, right? Some people have no intestinal fortitude to finish a job once it gets started. President Bush said it wouldn't be easy, said it wouldn't happen over night. I will not argue about Iraq, if we should have went or not, because we should have, we did, and it's done.

And if you don't think 9/11 was an act of war, your dumber than I think you are. Oh wait, you can't be. Remember December 7, 1941? Don't think a prerequiste for whooping a$$ is if your a country or a bunch or muslims looking to make a name for yourself. Bottom line, mess with US, get a boot to the groin, plain and simple.

You see, as far as I am concerned, we should have tracked down the family members of the 9/11 bombers, all of them, young and old, put them on a ship, let them set sail, and sank the dang thing. That would have been some justice. And I know, I know, 2 wrongs don't make a right, or a left for that matter, but I would have gotten a tingling feeling all over.

I hope this post is open minded enough for ya, there depittydawg. And if you think that was me being mean to you, you should probably think again.

I don't need a day to remember the service men and women that have fallen, or the innocent AMERICAN civilians that died on 9/11, because you see, I think about them everyday. As far as the innocent civilians over there, there probably aren't any.

gman0046
09-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Dip, any reply?

gman0046
09-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Dip, where do you think the 9/11 Ragheads were trained? Does Afghanistan come to mind?
Have you ever heard of Bin Laden? Where are you getting your statistics from on saying most people were against retaliating?
Good thing you weren't running this country when Pearl Harbor was attacked.

dnf777
09-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Oh, no worries, I can see it.
No matter how big you make the letters and how hard you try to insult me you said:

It's OK, I'd be ashamed of that post as well.:D

RK

Okay, after the initial assault, and after bin Laden escaped tora borah, besides diverting forces to Iraq, WHAT DID WE DO IN AFGHANISTAN? From about 2004 to 2007, what did we do? How many forces did we have in Afghanistan compared to Iraq? Let's hear your answer. What major kills/intercepts did we make? How many times did you even HEAR the word "Afghanistan" on the evening news?

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/afghan1.jpg

You know the point here, but you'd rather just argue for the sake of arguing.

david gibson
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
no quote - it doesnt deserve repeating.

unbelievable what dippy said, but not at all surprising to me that dnf defended him.

where's buzz and yardley? are they going to defend that statement as well or keep silent, afraid to comment either way?

dnf777
09-12-2010, 03:51 PM
no quote - it doesnt deserve repeating.

unbelievable what dippy said, but not at all surprising to me that dnf defended him.

where's buzz and yardley? are they going to defend that statement as well or keep silent, afraid to comment either way?

Nobody defended anything. Why don't you address the issue, rather than more useless false accusations? Just once, try it.

What is no surprise is that you rush to lil' Gib's side! Neither of you have addressed the issue. What did we do in Afghanistan besides let bin laden escape? Until recently, that is. (and I'm not defending our position there now, I wish we'd get out and focus on effective counter-terrorism tactics for our money)

How did invading Iraq help capture bin Laden, or anyone associated with the 9-11 trajedy? Please, I'm waiting for an answer, not just more baseless insults and name calling.

depittydawg
09-12-2010, 03:54 PM
And if you don't think 9/11 was an act of war, your dumber than I think you are. Oh wait, you can't be. Remember December 7, 1941? Don't think a prerequiste for whooping a$$ is if your a country or a bunch or muslims looking to make a name for yourself. Bottom line, mess with US, get a boot to the groin, plain and simple.

You see, as far as I am concerned, we should have tracked down the family members of the 9/11 bombers, all of them, young and old, put them on a ship, let them set sail, and sank the dang thing. That would have been some justice. And I know, I know, 2 wrongs don't make a right, or a left for that matter, but I would have gotten a tingling feeling all over.

I hope this post is open minded enough for ya, there depittydawg. And if you think that was me being mean to you, you should probably think again.

I don't need a day to remember the service men and women that have fallen, or the innocent AMERICAN civilians that died on 9/11, because you see, I think about them everyday. As far as the innocent civilians over there, there probably aren't any.

If 9-11 was an act of war, please explain to me what country is our enemy? using your logic, and the fact that we have conquered Iraq and Afghanistan, we must have won the war. Is that correct?

Of course you are correct. There are no innocent people 'over there'. And of course there are no guilty people over here.
Watch this video and see where the kind of hatred you're advocating leads to.
And next time you want to lash out for the sake of vengence, indiscrininately, watch this video again. And then ask yourself, how is it that I supported this? And how is it, that this actually makes me feel safer, more secure, and most of all, Proud of my country.
Watch the children die in this this small example of unleashed, unrestrained, and miss targeted vengeance. And watch closely how the Good Samaritans, and their children, who try to help a man dying in the street are gunned down. And if you still got the dimwitted gall to criticize and attack me, for questioning the actions of our government, then perhaps you should go join our enemy, because you have much more in common with him, than with the majority in MY country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH8X43KMrlA

Pals
09-12-2010, 04:04 PM
oh for God's sake ddawg!!! Enough. We could post opposing video's of horrible things each and every damn day. This thread is about 9/11, how about trying this: watch our fellow citizens throwing themselves out of the towers and tell me again how this is not an act of war???? I would bet my left nut that the majority of American's do not in anyway, support what you are saying-do nothing???? Seriously?!

Where is that picture of the Gun Control sign pointing the bad guys to the neighbors house?? We need to change it up a bit.........where is Julie and her amazing photochop?

gman0046
09-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Dip, you haven't provided the statistics you say are the majority of the country. Can you please provide that for us instead of your incoherent nonsense.

road kill
09-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Okay, after the initial assault, and after bin Laden escaped tora borah, besides diverting forces to Iraq, WHAT DID WE DO IN AFGHANISTAN? From about 2004 to 2007, what did we do? How many forces did we have in Afghanistan compared to Iraq? Let's hear your answer. What major kills/intercepts did we make? How many times did you even HEAR the word "Afghanistan" on the evening news?

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/dnf777/afghan1.jpg

You know the point here, but you'd rather just argue for the sake of arguing.

The point is you made a statement that is ridiculus, your embarrassed by it and you are backpedaling as hard as you can to deflect.
It's what you do, daily.

The only thing happening in Afgahnistan is American soldiers are getting killed for nothing.

RK

YardleyLabs
09-12-2010, 04:33 PM
The point is you made a statement that is ridiculus, your embarrassed by it and you are backpedaling as hard as you can to deflect.
It's what you do, daily.

The only thing happening in Afgahnistan is American soldiers are getting killed for nothing.

RK
So, does that mean you're with DD in believing we would have been better off doing nothing? Or do you think pride was saved by invading Iraq, a nation that had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11 and did not threaten the US, while diverting attention away fro Afghanistan, which directly supported the training and provided protection for those that were responsible for 9/11?

Personally, I support Paul's original post. I knew people who were in the building that day, and had relatives who would have been but for a stalled train. An employee's son worked a double shift as a security officer the day before and was sent home for a rest. Every single person in his team, except him, died that day.

road kill
09-12-2010, 05:00 PM
So, does that mean you're with DD in believing we would have been better off doing nothing? Or do you think pride was saved by invading Iraq, a nation that had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11 and did not threaten the US, while diverting attention away fro Afghanistan, which directly supported the training and provided protection for those that were responsible for 9/11?

Personally, I support Paul's original post. I knew people who were in the building that day, and had relatives who would have been but for a stalled train. An employee's son worked a double shift as a security officer the day before and was sent home for a rest. Every single person in his team, except him, died that day.

Only you could interpret it that way......:rolleyes:

All I am saying is that Little Yardley said this:

It's funny!!:D

RK

ducknwork
09-12-2010, 05:22 PM
What this thread has turned into is disgusting. Nice try anyway, Paul.

david gibson
09-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Nobody defended anything. Why don't you address the issue, rather than more useless false accusations? Just once, try it.

What is no surprise is that you rush to lil' Gib's side! Neither of you have addressed the issue. What did we do in Afghanistan besides let bin laden escape? Until recently, that is. (and I'm not defending our position there now, I wish we'd get out and focus on effective counter-terrorism tactics for our money)

How did invading Iraq help capture bin Laden, or anyone associated with the 9-11 trajedy? Please, I'm waiting for an answer, not just more baseless insults and name calling.

that was NEVER the issue or topic of this thread. the issue is dippity saying we should have done NOTHING and if we had done NOTHING he says the world would be a better place.. you defended him, you did not say he was wrong, but instead you found a way to twist the original issue into something you could defend.

you hijacked the thread and diverted the attention.

and your "lil' gib" is cute! again, you never have anything new, fresh, or original, and just copy what RK and I do and say and relabel it.

david gibson
09-12-2010, 05:27 PM
What this thread has turned into is disgusting. Nice try anyway, Paul.

good observation. these guys learn from the masters (messiah) how to divert attention from the real issue at hand and turn the tables.

its business as usual in most cases, but in this case it was especially despicable.

dnf777
09-12-2010, 05:47 PM
that was NEVER the issue or topic of this thread. the issue is dippity saying we should have done NOTHING and if we had done NOTHING he says the world would be a better place.. you defended him, you did not say he was wrong, but instead you found a way to twist the original issue into something you could defend.

you hijacked the thread and diverted the attention.

and your "lil' gib" is cute! again, you never have anything new, fresh, or original, and just copy what RK and I do and say and relabel it.

You guys were bishin' when he said we should have done nothing. I correctly pointed out that essentially we DID nothing, after the initial assault and the point of bin Laden's escape at tora borah. From that point until 2008, as the graph shows, we kept a small contingency troop force there, and didn't do much of anything. You can't argue with that. It was not a hijak, it was related to another post, and YOU guys start the diversion and not answering questions. typical and expected.

dnf777
09-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Only you could interpret it that way......:rolleyes:

All I am saying is that Little Yardley said this:

It's funny!!:D

RK

For the third time, you haven't answered what exactly we accomplished in Afghanistan after letting bin laden escape until the point of the surge under the current administration.

Cat got your tongue? Gibson rallied to your side already, but again with empty accusations and nothing of substance. Cute how you two huddle together when hurling your insults. :D

subroc
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
was it a foregone conclusion that he would be captured? how did the United States military "let him escape?"

dnf777
09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
was it a foregone conclusion that he would be captured? how did the United States military "let him escape?"

There's never certainty when you play "what ifs", but I think most would agree, given the circumstances, our upper echelon blew the best chance we had of nabbing him. We had good intel on his location, SF in place ready to act, and instead chose an alternate plan to involve the Afghans, and he got away.

I wouldn't say our military let him escape in any case. They were poised and ready. The great decision-makers blew that one.

david gibson
09-12-2010, 06:12 PM
For the third time, you haven't answered what exactly we accomplished in Afghanistan after letting bin laden escape until the point of the surge under the current administration.

Cat got your tongue? Gibson rallied to your side already, but again with empty accusations and nothing of substance. Cute how you two huddle together when hurling your insults. :D

dude, give up. you hijacked the thread into something you could defend as opposed to dippitys statement. its plain and simple. you will never change our observation of this.

you just couldnt admit dippity was dead wrong, you had to find a weaselly angle.

when the _______ field fades you have an aspiring career as a pro-bono legal defense attorney. both rank right above sewer cleaner in most peoples minds.....oh. you already have experience there.... ;-)

depittydawg
09-12-2010, 06:20 PM
dude, give up. you hijacked the thread into something you could defend as opposed to dippitys statement. its plain and simple. you will never change our observation of this.

you just couldnt admit dippity was dead wrong, you had to find a weaselly angle.

when the _______ field fades you have an aspiring career as a pro-bono legal defense attorney. both rank right above sewer cleaner in most peoples minds.....oh. you already have experience there.... ;-)

Nice try at going on the offensive instead of addressing the issue. Just what is wrong about my statement? Are we better off today because of our reaction to 9-11? If so, how? I say, that other than appeasing the twisted need for revenge in a minority of Americans, the cost of the Warfare we have raged since 9-11 has left the nation in worse shape than if we had done nothing.

subroc
09-12-2010, 07:04 PM
…after letting bin laden escape…

…I wouldn't say our military let him escape in any case...

It appears to me and any right thinking person that is exactly what you said.

david gibson
09-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Nice try at going on the offensive instead of addressing the issue. Just what is wrong about my statement? Are we better off today because of our reaction to 9-11? If so, how? I say, that other than appeasing the twisted need for revenge in a minority of Americans, the cost of the Warfare we have raged since 9-11 has left the nation in worse shape than if we had done nothing.

what is wrong with your statement???? are you serious??

"when someone slaps you in the face, you should just wipe your ass and say thank you"

yeah. great philosophy.

gman0046
09-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Dip, have you forgotten about Al-Qaeda's plan to blow up airliners bound for the US from Great Britain? How about the underwear bomber, the shoe bomber, the Clowns who planned an attack on the NY subway system, the Times Square bomber? You are truly someone who is living outside of reality.

dnf777
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
It appears to me and any right thinking person that is exactly what you said.

Would you also say our military lost Vietnam? I didn't think so.

Perhaps the military follows orders, and those who give the orders, screw up sometimes.

The troops on the ground follow orders. That is their job. If those troops on the ground got to make the call, I'm almost certain they would have had bin laden's head on a stick.

Oh, and here's the entire sentence, rather than the selectively edited one:

I wouldn't say our military let him escape in any case. They were poised and ready. The great decision-makers blew that one.

subroc
09-12-2010, 09:08 PM
no, the left wing media lost viet nam for us by talking the nation into believing we were losing.

david gibson
09-12-2010, 10:11 PM

and yet you, the most vilified and distrusted of all liberals here on potus, would have us believe that we would be better off in america if we played the role of pacifist.

are we better off today because of our response?? who knows??? certainly not YOU.

what most of us with more than half a brain DO know is we are better off doing what we did than we would be if we had done nothing.

you really have bought in to obamas apology agenda, havent you?

yes, we just need to understand them better..yeah, thats it. lets play nice and they will play nice with us....:barf:

tell us, how well would that strategy have worked for the north against the south??? us against hitler??? japan???

yeah, thats it - we should have just cleaned up pearl harbor, done absolutely nothing but heal our wounded and bury our dead and moved on, we would be much better off now.

please tell me you are not real and you are not raising children to think like you.

david gibson
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
no, the left wing media lost viet nam for us by talking the nation into believing we were losing.

amen to that. well said bro.

david gibson
09-12-2010, 10:30 PM
You guys were bishin' when he said we should have done nothing. I correctly pointed out that essentially we DID nothing, after the initial assault and the point of bin Laden's escape at tora borah. From that point until 2008, as the graph shows, we kept a small contingency troop force there, and didn't do much of anything. You can't argue with that. It was not a hijak, it was related to another post, and YOU guys start the diversion and not answering questions. typical and expected.

correct only in your twisted liberal mind. you are so wrong its funny. in a very sad way.

funny how you deleted your post quoted above after i responded. scrambling to get your twisted facts less twisted, eh??? ;-)

Clay Rogers
09-13-2010, 01:31 AM
If 9-11 was an act of war, please explain to me what country is our enemy? using your logic, and the fact that we have conquered Iraq and Afghanistan, we must have won the war. Is that correct?

Of course you are correct. There are no innocent people 'over there'. And of course there are no guilty people over here.
Watch this video and see where the kind of hatred you're advocating leads to.
And next time you want to lash out for the sake of vengence, indiscrininately, watch this video again. And then ask yourself, how is it that I supported this? And how is it, that this actually makes me feel safer, more secure, and most of all, Proud of my country.
Watch the children die in this this small example of unleashed, unrestrained, and miss targeted vengeance. And watch closely how the Good Samaritans, and their children, who try to help a man dying in the street are gunned down. And if you still got the dimwitted gall to criticize and attack me, for questioning the actions of our government, then perhaps you should go join our enemy, because you have much more in common with him, than with the majority in MY country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH8X43KMrlA

You know, I had a long drawn out response for you. So long in fact that the computer timed me out. But I am done with this. Some one once said "Don't argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down and beat you with experience".

Clay Rogers
09-13-2010, 01:33 AM

Paul, I apologize for aiding in highjacking your very thoughtful and well deserved thread. These are the people we should thank, not just on 9/11 but every day.

Again, I do apologize.

dnf777
09-13-2010, 04:33 AM
correct only in your twisted liberal mind. you are so wrong its funny. in a very sad way.

funny how you deleted your post quoted above after i responded. scrambling to get your twisted facts less twisted, eh??? ;-)

Fifth response of only insults and diversions. Please correct me then, and tell me what significant events took place in Afghanistan with such low troop levels between '04 and '07? I don't recall even hearing the name Afghanistan on the evening news for about 5 years.

You or lil' gib.....please, just once, try actually posting something besides cute little jabs to bolster each other.

Still waiting regards.....

zeus3925
09-13-2010, 05:44 AM

If you look back ,Viet Nam was the high water mark of communism. It was the beginning of the end of their expansion. In reality we won that one as communism did not have the starch to prevail after Nam.

ducknwork
09-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Let's get this back on track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyBCn0TPepE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RpNSF-er88&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSCRK5jbuUc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXa9-VG7r0&feature=related

Cody Covey
09-14-2010, 12:11 PM

You have got to be kidding me. Almost 90% of the population supported going to war back in 2001. and it wasn't until recently that it dipped below 50%. Please find the polls from 2001 that state only a small minority of Americans supported going to war with Afghanistan. Not sure if you are just completely ignorant or lying but either way it's not good.

depittydawg
09-14-2010, 08:53 PM
You have got to be kidding me. Almost 90% of the population supported going to war back in 2001. and it wasn't until recently that it dipped below 50%. Please find the polls from 2001 that state only a small minority of Americans supported going to war with Afghanistan. Not sure if you are just completely ignorant or lying but either way it's not good.

Does the fact that that 90% of the population was LIED to mean nothing to you? Regardless, this is today. We now know what happened. We know what mistakes were made. And in some cases why they were made. And more important, we can evaluate the results of how we reacted. I'll take my trillion dollars back thank you, and the over 4000 dead American soldiers. We have nothing for it. Absolutely nothing.

YardleyLabs
09-14-2010, 09:26 PM
In 2001, the war they supported was against whoever attacked the US. As it became clear that the attack was orchestrated by Al-Qaeda with support from Afghanistan, support for an attack of the Taliban in Afghanistan was very strong.

There was no comparable support for an attack on Iraq. In January 2003, less than half the public supported an attack on Iraq. Bush's speeches, including the State of the Union, in January 2003, followed by Colin Powell's presentation to the UN, convinced the majority of the public (not an overwhelming majority) that an attack was justified, although most still wanted to give time for UN inspections. Even by March, when the invasion was launched, less than a majority supported military action in the absence of support by the UN.

Once the invasion was launched, support rose to almost 80% in recognition of the fact that the decision was made and our troops needed our support. From that point on, support declined steadily as it became clear that almost everything the administration had claimed to win support was false..