PDA

View Full Version : better watch what we say about obama!

david gibson
09-13-2010, 08:02 AM
apparently calling him a prick gets you banned for life!

although i certainly dont condone his behavior, this is a bit extreme. i recall ed shultz calling bush an SOB over and over on the air - but then again, no one hears what is sadi on air america anyway.

just more thin-skin obama antics......

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/uk-teenager-banned-from-america-for-life-over-obscene-obama-email-091310

ducknwork
09-13-2010, 08:07 AM
WOW...A little harsh methinks...

We better hope that Susie Q doesn't rat some folks on here out! I think gman could get deported if the White House found out what he has said!:shock:

luvmylabs23139
09-13-2010, 08:19 AM
The poor kid just stated a fact. Bumma is pr***. Actually the kid was rather kind in describing that communist ******* that is out to destroy this country as we know it.

david gibson
09-13-2010, 08:27 AM
The poor kid just stated a fact. Bumma is pr***. Actually the kid was rather kind in describing that communist ******* that is out to destroy this country as we know it.

i love some of the comments:

"think that more than 52% of Americans would use stronger language than this. Joanne Ferreira and the FBI should spend thier time hunting down illegal aliens rather than go after someone exercising their right of free speech.

So he called the Prez a punk and got banned forever. But if someone chops off heads and terrorizes our country, they get an apology.

Call the president a name, and you're banned for life, but sneak over the border, sell drugs, or maybe go on a drunk driving spree and you're welcomed with open arms and given free education, health care, and pretty much whatever else you need to ensure you'll vote for the leftists.

Listen Brit just enter through Mexico. Don't forget to pick up your id's, health card, ect.at the US welcome wagon across from the guard shack.

Julie R.
09-13-2010, 08:48 AM
I heard about this on our local news this morning (which happens to be Fox5DC) and found it hard to stomach first thing. Unbelievable... just mind-numbing.

luvmylabs23139
09-13-2010, 09:20 AM
i love some of the comments:

Listen Brit just enter through Mexico. Don't forget to pick up your id's, health card, ect.at the US welcome wagon across from the guard shack.

Not so funny, but when I came back into the US in June with my American born husband the guy at immigration was joking with me that it would be less hassle to jump the border from Mexico and I would get free everything. This from the guy checking our passports, my greencard and making me give them my fingerprints. He was madder than me. I know the routine and don't let it bother me.

BrianW
09-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Well, the kid should look at the bright side; Dr. Michael Savage is banned from the UK for speaking the truth as well, he's in good company.

Maybe if he took a portrait of PBO and wrapped/taped it around a dildo, he could send the same message and apply for an NEA grant for being an "artist" ?!? :rolleyes:

gman0046
09-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Gman never said anything about Obongolo that wasn't true. He's one half african born to a muslim father which makes him a muslim in the eyes of muslims. He has shown to be a supporter of muslims since taking office. The truth is the truth and stands on its own. Too bad liberals can't deal with the truth.

YardleyLabs
09-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Gman never said anything about Obongolo that wasn't true. He's one half african born to a muslim father which makes him a muslim in the eyes of muslims. He has shown to be a supporter of muslims since taking office. The truth is the truth and stands on its own. Too bad liberals can't deal with the truth.
So, if a child is born to a Jewish mother (religion inherited through mother) and a Muslim father (religion inherited through father, according to you), what religion is the child? What if the child is subsequently baptized as a Baptist when he becomes an adult? I would love to see your Islamic source for claiming that religion is inherited from the father under Islamic law. In fact, both parents are responsible for religious education with boys generally educated by the father and girls by the mother. Becoming a practicing Muslim is actually s choice made as a child reaches maturity (varying definitions but usually around 15). Obama, for example, had returned to the United States before he reached an age of choice. Because his parents were divorced when he was still an infant and under Islamic law his religious education and custody would remain with his mother, who was not Muslim. (see, for example, http://www.faqs.org/childhood/In-Ke/Islam.html)

JDogger
09-13-2010, 11:03 AM

Interesting use of illeism.

It can be used as a device to illustrate the feeling of "being outside one's body and watching things happen", a psychological disconnect resulting from dissonance either from trauma such as childhood physical or sexual abuse, or from psychotic episodes of actions that can't be reconciled with the individual's own self-image.

Sometimes the truth is hard to deal with. :rolleyes: Eh?

Buzz
09-13-2010, 11:04 AM
So, if a child is born to a Jewish mother (religion inherited through mother) and a Muslim father (religion inherited through father, according to you), what religion is the child? What if the child is subsequently baptized as a Baptist when he becomes an adult? I would love to see your Islamic source for claiming that religion is inherited from the father under Islamic law. In fact, both parents are responsible for religious education with boys generally educated by the father and girls by the mother. Becoming a practicing Muslim is actually s choice made as a child reaches maturity (varying definitions but usually around 15). Obama, for example, had returned to the United States before he reached an age of choice. Because his parents were divorced when he was still an infant and under Islamic law his religious education and custody would remain with his mother, who was not Muslim. (see, for example, http://www.faqs.org/childhood/In-Ke/Islam.html)

I heard it on the Glenn Beck show.

badbullgator
09-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Wow that is pretty hard to believe. Are we sure this is not a prank? I just read the link and not the link in the link to the story over there. I mean if you get banned for calling obongo a prick then most of our own country should/would be banned

david gibson
09-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Wow that is pretty hard to believe. Are we sure this is not a prank? I just read the link and not the link in the link to the story over there. I mean if you get banned for calling obongo a prick then most of our own country should/would be banned

its from the sun, a murdoch-owned tabloid that is a brittish staple with its "page 3" girls. so i am sure buzz will denounce it......

Julie R.
09-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Maybe someone more familiar with their laws can help me out here, but I don't think the UK has constitutionally protected freedom of speech the way we do in this country. I remember being pretty horrified at certain things considered criminally discriminatory over there. A British friend had sent me a news story and copy of an ad that had gotten some job recruitment company in a lot of trouble. It was an unskilled labor ad they'd posted in a council housing common area (their equivalent of government housing). The job ad sought people willing to work hard and show up on time which was considered discrimination! :rolleyes: I guess the UK considers indolent, lazy gov't leeches a protected class.

I couldn't get the UK story link to work, but nevertheless the highlighted parts are kind of scary.

The FBI asked local cops to tell college student Luke Angel, 17, his drunken insult was "unacceptable." ...

...A Bedford Police spokesman confirmed they had spoken to Angel about the email. Officers will take no criminal action.
Joanne Ferreira, of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, said there are about 60 reasons a person can be barred from visiting America.
She said, "We are prohibited from discussing specific cases."

david gibson
09-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Maybe someone more familiar with their laws can help me out here, but I don't think the UK has constitutionally protected freedom of speech the way we do in this country. I remember being pretty horrified at certain things considered criminally discriminatory over there. A British friend had sent me a news story and copy of an ad that had gotten some job recruitment company in a lot of trouble. It was an unskilled labor ad they'd posted in a council housing common area (their equivalent of government housing). The job ad sought people willing to work hard and show up on time which was considered discrimination! :rolleyes: I guess the UK considers indolent, lazy gov't leeches a protected class.

I couldn't get the UK story link to work, but nevertheless the highlighted parts are kind of scary.

go to drudge report

badbullgator
09-13-2010, 03:16 PM
go to drudge report

Christ, some of us are working what does it say
Help a brother out

road kill
09-13-2010, 03:49 PM
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/uk-teenager-banned-from-america-for-life-over-obscene-obama-email-091310

UK Teenager Banned From America For Life Over Obscene Obama Email
Updated: Monday, 13 Sep 2010, 7:36 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 13 Sep 2010, 7:22 AM EDT

By Virginia Wheeler / The Sun

A British teenager who sent an email to the White House calling President Obama an obscenity was banned from America for life, The Sun reported Monday.

The FBI asked local cops to tell college student Luke Angel, 17, his drunken insult was "unacceptable."

Angel said he fired off a single email criticizing the U.S. government after seeing a TV program about the 9/11 attacks.

He said, "I don't remember exactly what I wrote as I was drunk. But I think I called Barack Obama a p***k. It was silly -- the sort of thing you do when you're a teenager and have had a few."

Angel, of Bedford, in central England, said it was "a bit extreme" for the FBI to act. "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy."

A Bedford Police spokesman confirmed they had spoken to Angel about the email. Officers will take no criminal action.

Joanne Ferreira, of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, said there are about 60 reasons a person can be barred from visiting America.

She said, "We are prohibited from discussing specific cases."

RK

david gibson
09-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Christ, some of us are working what does it say
Help a brother out

sorry bro, me too - drudge has the link and i thought that would work for her....

Terri
09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Islam does not allow children born to Muslim parents to make a choice as to what religion they will be as adults. Most religious parents (Muslim, Jew, Christians, Budda, Hindu, etc.) expect their children to stay in the religion they were raised. A lot of Western countries have children and adults who have the choice to decide to change religions or have no faith at all. No such freedom in Muslim ruled countries. If your father is Muslim you are Muslim. The reason their religion is passed down by the father is based on Arab culture and continues to exist in Islam. In Iran before Islam was forced on them the woman's family would care for the children if the father died or the family broke up. The easiest way to prove a family tie is through the mother because there are witnesses to the mother and the child being related. It was harder to prove a father to child relationship because DNA test did not exist. This is one reason that Arab men have guarded their wives and daughter so closely. A woman holds the man's honor. That is why they have honor killings. Muslim men can marry outside their religion, but Muslim women can not marry outside the religion. This is to assure the children will be Muslim.
In this country when a Muslim man marries a women of a different faith there is less chance the children will practice Islam or view themselves as ever having been Muslim. If they travel to a Muslim country it will be assumed they are Muslim and will be held to the rules of Islam. To deny you are Muslim can be very dangerous for ex Muslims and child of Muslims.
People born to any religious family face rejection if they leave the religion, but most do not face death.
Terri

david gibson
09-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Islam does not allow children born to Muslim parents to make a choice as to what religion they will be as adults. Most religious parents (Muslim, Jew, Christians, Budda, Hindu, etc.) expect their children to stay in the religion they were raised. A lot of Western countries have children and adults who have the choice to decide to change religions or have no faith at all. No such freedom in Muslim ruled countries. If your father is Muslim you are Muslim. The reason their religion is passed down by the father is based on Arab culture and continues to exist in Islam. In Iran before Islam was forced on them the woman's family would care for the children if the father died or the family broke up. The easiest way to prove a family tie is through the mother because there are witnesses to the mother and the child being related. It was harder to prove a father to child relationship because DNA test did not exist. This is one reason that Arab men have guarded their wives and daughter so closely. A woman holds the man's honor. That is why they have honor killings. Muslim men can marry outside their religion, but Muslim women can not marry outside the religion. This is to assure the children will be Muslim.
In this country when a Muslim man marries a women of a different faith there is less chance the children will practice Islam or view themselves as ever having been Muslim. If they travel to a Muslim country it will be assumed they are Muslim and will be held to the rules of Islam. To deny you are Muslim can be very dangerous for ex Muslims and child of Muslims.
People born to any religious family face rejection if they leave the religion, but most do not face death.
Terri

such a sweet, peaceful religion.....:rolleyes:

YardleyLabs
09-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Terri
As you noted, in most countries parents expect their children to adhere to the parents' religion. I don't know if it is still true, but when my Catholic friends married non-Catholics, they were required to have the non-Catholic spouse attend classes prior to marriage and to commit to raise all children as Catholics or the Church would not recognize the marriage. Many of my Jewish friends were surprised at the strength of their parents' opposition to marriages to non-Jews, and most of my Protestant friends would never have considered a marriage to a Catholic of a Jew.

Protestant countries tend to view themselves as more open minded than countries with a single dominant religion. However, some of that apparent tolerance is actually reserved for other Protestant faiths: Baptists marrying Methodists, or Presbyterians marrying Episcopalians. When I was married, the ceremony was performed by a Presbyterian minister. He agreed only because my wife had been baptized as a Presbyterian and despite the fact that I had never been baptized. Many other ministers were unwilling to perform such a ceremony at all. Many of those barriers broke down as the country became increasingly secular in the 60's, but the pendulum now seems to be swinging in the other direction.

As with Catholics and Jews, Muslim parents are expected to raise their children as Muslims. It is their religious responsibility. However, children are not expected or required to participate in daily prayer rituals until they have reached maturity. Parents are expected to send them for religious training when they are young, much as Protestants may send their children to Bible school, or Catholics send their children to parochial schools or, at least, catechism classes, and Jewish children are routinely sent to Hebrew classes where they will study the Torah and prepare for their entry into the faith at the age of 13. As with churches that have adult baptism, Muslims must make an individual decision to practice the faith. Like Judaism, and unlike Christianity, salvation for Muslims is dependent not on faith, but on adherence to religious law and by good works (charity ranking very high on the list).

Contrary to what Gman claimed, Obama is not a Muslim by birth under Islamic law any more than a Baptist is Baptist by birth. There is no such thing. He is not a Muslim because his father was a Muslim. Once his parents divorced, under Islamic law and practice, his mother became responsible for his religious education and she was never a Muslim. Obama also returned to America before he reached maturity and was in a position to make a choice of religion.

When Obama chose to be a Christian, no Islamic law was violated. His choice may still be surprising given the fact that he came from a non-religious household. However, nothing about his birth of upbringing made him a Muslim.

gman0046
09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Yardley, Obongolo was born to a muslim father. In the eyes of muslims it makes him a muslim regardless of your BS. What don't you understand about that? How can you say Obongolo's mother divorced his Kenyan father? They were NEVER married, he was born out of wedlock. You and your posts are nothing but drivel and lies. We are all sick of your lying and BS posts, yet you continue with your non stop anti American nonsense. Give it up!

troy schwab
09-14-2010, 03:21 PM
When Obama chose to be a Christian, no Islamic law was violated. His choice may still be surprising given the fact that he came from a non-religious household. However, nothing about his birth of upbringing made him a Muslim.

When was that??? What church does he attend? When does he attend? Please back your crap up........

YardleyLabs
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
When was that??? What church does he attend? When does he attend? Please back your crap up........

He is now a Christian, having been baptized in the early 1990s at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. (Newsweek: http://www.newsweek.com/2008/07/11/finding-his-faith.html

"And in time, I came to see faith as more than just a comfort to the weary or a hedge against death, but rather as an active, palpable agent in the world and in my own life. It was because of these newfound understandings that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity one day and affirm my Christian faith. It came about as a choice, and not an epiphany. I didn't fall out in church, as folks sometimes do. The questions I had didn't magically disappear. The skeptical bent of my mind didn't suddenly vanish. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side, I felt I heard God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth and carrying out His works." (Obama Speech, 6/23/2007, http://www.barackobama.com/2007/06/23/a_politics_of_conscience_1.php )

In our country, how is religion declared other than through personal testimony in churches that have no formal process of conversion?

gman0046
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Yardley, how about the divorce of Obongolo's parents? Are you not going to address your LIE?

road kill
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
He is now a Christian, having been baptized in the early 1990s at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. (Newsweek: http://www.newsweek.com/2008/07/11/finding-his-faith.html

"And in time, I came to see faith as more than just a comfort to the weary or a hedge against death, but rather as an active, palpable agent in the world and in my own life. It was because of these newfound understandings that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity one day and affirm my Christian faith. It came about as a choice, and not an epiphany. I didn't fall out in church, as folks sometimes do. The questions I had didn't magically disappear. The skeptical bent of my mind didn't suddenly vanish. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side, I felt I heard God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth and carrying out His works." (Obama Speech, 6/23/2007, http://www.barackobama.com/2007/06/23/a_politics_of_conscience_1.php )

In our country, how is religion declared other than through personal testimony in churches that have no formal process of conversion?

Who babtized him??

What was he prior to that??

RK

YardleyLabs
09-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Yardley, how about the divorce of Obongolo's parents? Are you not going to address your LIE?
What about the divorce? His parents separated when Obama was two. His father -- an atheist despite his Muslim upbringing -- and mother were subsequently divorced and his father remarried when Obama was about five. What "LIE" are you talking about? Obama's mother married an Indonesian student and the family moved to Indonesia. After about four years there, Obama's mother sent the 10 year old back to live with her parents in Hawaii because of her concerns about the environment in which he was being raised. Once again, what "LIE" are you talking about?

Cody Covey
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM

You're an idiot gman...from wikipedia

Obama was born August 4, 1961, at Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii.[5][6] His mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, was born in Wichita, Kansas, of mostly English, but also some German, descent.[7][8][9] His father, Barack Obama, Sr., was a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya. Obama is the first President to have been born in Hawaii.[10][11] Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian language class at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, where his father was a foreign student on scholarship.[12][13] The couple married on February 2, 1961

YardleyLabs
09-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Who babtized him??

What was he prior to that??

RK
I have no idea. Does it matter? Based on his writings and what is known, Obama had no religious leanings before joining Trinity. His father and mother were both atheists. While Christians by upbringing, Obama's grandparents were not active in any church. His upbringing was almost entirely secular and I suspect that his initial involvement at Trinity may have stemmed more from social reasons than religious ones. Based on the number of people (including you) who keep assuring me that I will call out for God at some point in my life despite more than 60 years as an atheist, I would assume that Obama can make a similar decision.

road kill
09-14-2010, 05:13 PM
I have no idea. Does it matter? Based on his writings and what is known, Obama had no religious leanings before joining Trinity. His father and mother were both atheists.(Mother was described in your linked article as Agnostic) While Christians by upbringing, Obama's grandparents were not active in any church. His upbringing was almost entirely secular and I suspect that his initial involvement at Trinity may have stemmed more from social reasons than religious ones. Based on the number of people (including you) who keep assuring me that I will call out for God at some point in my life despite more than 60 years as an atheist, I would assume that Obama can make a similar decision.

So....you didn't read your own posted link??
Not surprising.:rolleyes:

"His baptism presents its own problems. The senior pastor at Trinity at the time of Obama's baptism was the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., the preacher who was seen damning America on cable TV for weeks last spring—and will doubtless be seen again this fall."

I find it interesting that he allowed a Church and Pastor that he knew nothing about to babtise him.

Also, he was (and is IMO) as confused about his religion as he was (and is IMO) his race.
Before you go nutz calling me names, perhaps you should read his autobiography, where he spends quite a bit of time discussing his confusion and ultimate dscisions in regard to this issue.

In the future, if you are going to post a link (the all approving lefty technique of indesputable truth) could you at least read it??
Not your best effort....or was it??

RK

gman0046
09-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey, Covey do you want to buy some waterfront property in Florida? Have you seen Obongolo's live birth certificate? I doubt it as no one else has seen it. Some people believe anything.

Cody Covey
09-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Hey, Covey do you want to buy some waterfront property in Florida? Have you seen Obongolo's live birth certificate? I doubt it as no one else has seen it. Some people believe anything.

Don't recall having a baby and the births location being a prerequisite to getting married and divorced you never said anything about his birth. So unless you are now saying that his father isn't really his father (which blows your whole he's a muslim by birth right out of the water), Then his parents were married and then some time later divorced. then went to indonesia with her new husband some time later...

depittydawg
09-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Well, the kid should look at the bright side; Dr. Michael Savage is banned from the UK for speaking the truth as well, he's in good company.

Maybe if he took a portrait of PBO and wrapped/taped it around a dildo, he could send the same message and apply for an NEA grant for being an "artist" ?!? :rolleyes:

That's a pretty strange post. Somehow, Kind of off the wall. Michael Savage? You've got to be kidding... The guy is a certifiable lunatic.

depittydawg
09-14-2010, 08:14 PM
I heard it on the Glenn Beck show.

Then is MUST be true :p

BrianW
09-15-2010, 09:08 AM
That's a pretty strange post. Somehow, Kind of off the wall. Michael Savage? You've got to be kidding... The guy is a certifiable lunatic.

Tongue in cheek humor that sometimes doesn't come across over the 'net.

When a Western government "bans" someone from entering their country because of their thoughts or words, grouping them with terrorists and murderers, I think it shows how shallow the roots of freedom are in that country.

As far as "certifiable lunatics" go, I think the ones at the NEA that give grants for "art" :rolleyes: such as a picture of a crucifix in a glass of urine (ref Piss Christ by Andre Serrano 1987) are much more insane than Savage, who holds medical master's degrees and earned a PH.D from UC-Berkeley.
But I guess that view of "lunacy" might depend on one's point of view of whether one feels that religious belief is a mental disorder (Mike Malloy) or liberalism is (Savage). After listening to both of those, I'd take my chances with Savage not being in the rubber room. ;)

Roger Perry
09-15-2010, 11:42 AM

gboy, Here is some waterfront property in Florida for sale.

http://www.waterfront-properties.com/idx/img/rmls_logo_small.jpg
MLS ID: R2927517

Price: $65,000,000

City: Hobe Sound
Bedrooms: 9
Bathrooms: 12

road kill
09-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YardleyLabs
I have no idea. Does it matter? Based on his writings and what is known, Obama had no religious leanings before joining Trinity. His father and mother were both atheists.(Mother was described in your linked article as Agnostic, not atheist) While Christians by upbringing, Obama's grandparents were not active in any church. His upbringing was almost entirely secular and I suspect that his initial involvement at Trinity may have stemmed more from social reasons than religious ones. Based on the number of people (including you) who keep assuring me that I will call out for God at some point in my life despite more than 60 years as an atheist, I would assume that Obama can make a similar decision.
__________________________________________________ _________________
So....you didn't read your own posted link??
Not surprising.

"His baptism presents its own problems. The senior pastor at Trinity at the time of Obama's baptism was the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., the preacher who was seen damning America on cable TV for weeks last spring—and will doubtless be seen again this fall."

I find it interesting that he allowed a Church and Pastor that he knew nothing about to babtise him.

Also, he was (and is IMO) as confused about his religion as he was (and is IMO) his race.
Before you go nutz calling me names, perhaps you should read his autobiography, where he spends quite a bit of time discussing his confusion and ultimate dscisions in regard to this issue.

In the future, if you are going to post a link (the all approving lefty technique of indesputable truth) could you at least read it??
Not your best effort....or was it??

I noticed no response.
Nice sidestep............

RK

troy schwab
09-15-2010, 01:59 PM
I noticed no response.
Nice sidestep............

RK

Anyone who defends Obama, should be required to read his autobiography....... very disturbing to me.

road kill
09-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Anyone who defends Obama, should be required to read his autobiography....... very disturbing to me.

Between you, me, Yardley and Little Yatdley, who amongst us do you think read that book?

BTW--Lest you beleive everything that's been said here, I can read and read that book because my son gave it to me and asked me to.

APPALLING!!!

RK