PDA

View Full Version : taliban using children

david gibson
09-13-2010, 09:12 AM
so dippity makes the claim that our soldiers are shooting children from helicopters, but fails to substantiate that claim - no surprise.

well, when an enemy does things like this, thats what happens:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/afghanistan/2010-09-12-child-soldiers-afghanistan_N.htm

like kerry said "invading villages in the fashion of genghis khan"

more distortions of the truth by the left. a kid loading a mortar gets killed and dippity and kerry would demean our soldiers for killing him. despicable. they are no better than the lowly snake bellied terrorists forcing the kids to doing it

ducknwork
09-13-2010, 11:36 AM
From the story:

At a remote firebase east of here, squad leader Sgt. John Ellis says he found children selling heroin wrapped in torn pages of the Quran in the village streets.

Seems to me that this would be a little worse than burning the Koran, but hey, who am I to judge?:rolleyes:

Wait a second....does that mean that the taliban is going to anger all the muslims around the world?

dnf777
09-13-2010, 02:10 PM
From the story:

Wait a second....does that mean that the taliban is going to anger all the muslims around the world?

Not all of them, but a good many.

Gerry Clinchy
09-13-2010, 02:38 PM
"Have they (the Taliban) gotten to that point of desperation now where they're going down that road which turns kids into combatants?" he says.
.div-wrapper{margin: 20px 0 10px 0;border:none; padding:0 0 0 0;padding-bottom:10px;direction:ltr;text-align:left;vertical-align:middle;font-size:12px;}.div-wrapper a {text-decoration:none;color:#00529b;}.div-wrapper a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}.rec-src-link{color:#666;margin-left:6px;}Legend.Outbrain_recommendations_legend {color:#000;font-weight:bold;font-size:12px;margin-bottom:6px}.div-wrapper li{list-style-position:outside !important;list-style-type:square;margin-bottom:2px}#usatRatings {margin-top:16px}#usatRatings .outbrain-recommendationsFieldset{position:inherit !important;}

The Taliban have realized something ... the Americans DO care about not hurting children.

And, it does sound like they must be desperate (maybe low on manpower?) to use the children as shields. If their religion sees death in defense of Islam as martyrdom, it would appear that the Taliban are not in much of a hurry to become martyrs?

JDogger
09-13-2010, 09:18 PM
The Taliban have realized something ... the Americans DO care about not hurting children.

And, it does sound like they must be desperate (maybe low on manpower?) to use the children as shields. If their religion sees death in defense of Islam as martyrdom, it would appear that the Taliban are not in much of a hurry to become martyrs?

Lets say at some point, the US Southwest was occupied by invaders from the south, (Red Dawn type scenario), when pressed, would we arm our children and send them to fight?

In the movie, we cheered them and proclaimed them heroes. They were high school football players though, little more than children. I guess it depends on what side you find yourself on.

Children as shields is deplorable, but children as combatants is certainly not new, or unique.

JD

Gerry Clinchy
09-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Using a 3 yr old child v. a high-school age kid is a big difference, I think. In Red Dawn, the teenagers took it upon themselves to take action ... they were not compelled to do so by the adults.

It's possible that in the scenario you suggest, even we might arm our children. Would we also use them as shields? I can't imagine parents doing the latter. And, if the article is accurate, the Taliban don't use their own children ... they use somebody else's children.

Whether the Taliban are really religious fanatics or just power-hungry fanatics (perhaps more likely the latter), they are NOT defensible in using children as shields.