PDA

View Full Version : My Spam Block Must Be Broken

M&K's Retrievers
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
I got an unsolicited E-mail today from Chuck Schumer asking for money and telling me about the evil GOP, their candidates and how the world will come to an end if they are elected. Now I didn't ask to be contacted by this clown and don't live in his state.

Just how did he get my address?
Anyone else get this message?

YardleyLabs
09-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I got an unsolicited E-mail today from Chuck Schumer asking for money and telling me about the evil GOP, their candidates and how the world will come to an end if they are elected. Now I didn't ask to be contacted by this clown and don't live in his state.

Just how did he get my address?
Anyone else get this message?
Didn't I tell you? I've been making contributions in the names of all the most outspoken conservatives on the forum.:twisted::twisted::twisted:

M<y father in law once sent a contribution in my name to the Republicans. I returned the favor. The Republicans still write to me 30 years later hoping for more. My father in law is dead, but I suspect the Democrats are still chasing him.

road kill
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Didn't I tell you? I've been making contributions in the names of all the most outspoken conservatives on the forum.:twisted::twisted::twisted:

M<y father in law once sent a contribution in my name to the Republicans. I returned the favor. The Republicans still write to me 30 years later hoping for more. My father in law is dead, but I suspect the Democrats are still chasing him.

In Chicago he is still a viable vote!!

RK

Marvin S
09-14-2010, 06:40 PM
In years past I subscribed to the New Yorker & Mother Earth. Which eventually led to a solicitiation from the Chappaquikdik Kid which stated he had the solution to the nation's ills. My response, "He is not the solution, He is the problem", returned in their postage paid envelope. Stopped the solicitations immediately :cool:. Everything else gets round filed :o, though I do contribute on occasion.

M&K's Retrievers
09-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Damn if I didn't get one from James Carville today asking for money to keep the GOP from getting their "grubby little paws" in control of the Senate.

I still would like to know how they got my address.

JDogger
09-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Damn if I didn't get one from James Carville today asking for money to keep the GOP from getting their "grubby little paws" in control of the Senate.

I still would like to know how they got my address.

It's in the data base of a forum called Potus Place and if you think you been spammed now... just wait. The best is just around the corner. :p

Who do you think are those 'visiters' everyday? Retriever enthusiatists?(SP)

But don't stop postin', we got rights...don't we? JD

Gotta broom?

M&K's Retrievers
09-16-2010, 10:37 PM
It's in the data base of a forum called Potus Place and if you think you been spammed now... just wait. The best is just around the corner. :p

Who do you think are those 'visiters' everyday? Retriever enthusiatists?(SP)

But don't stop postin', we got rights...don't we? JD

Gotta broom?

Yeah, I gotta a broom. Is it my turn?

JDogger
09-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I gotta a broom. Is it my turn?

At your pleasure. If your spam blocker were trully broken, it would let you in here? Que No? Hugh.

M&K's Retrievers
09-17-2010, 03:36 PM
My good friend John Kerry just got in touch with me today asking for money. I certainly wasn't aware that according to the email "we had been through these tough fights before". I guess I forgot.:rolleyes:

Never in my adult life have I been contacted for donations from the Democratic Party and now they have been after me 3 times this week alone.

Are they desperate?

david gibson
09-17-2010, 05:17 PM
My good friend John Kerry just got in touch with me today asking for money. I certainly wasn't aware that according to the email "we had been through these tough fights before". I guess I forgot.:rolleyes:

Never in my adult life have I been contacted for donations from the Democratic Party and now they have been after me 3 times this week alone.

Are they desperate?

you mean you werent there when he gave the "coup de gras" on a poor little 16 year old kid in his BVD's??

are we talking about the same john kerry? the one that more recently said that our soldiers were murdering women and children in iraq "in the fashion of Jengis (sic) khan"?

how could you not give your hard earned money to such a fine example of american patriotism, you know he needs it! the "why dont you just f**k off" heinz side of the family doesnt share much with him you know.......poor guy, he has to earn his allowance by parking his yacht in tax free states.......

YardleyLabs
09-17-2010, 05:42 PM
you mean you werent there when he gave the "coup de gras" on a poor little 16 year old kid in his BVD's??

are we talking about the same john kerry? the one that more recently said that our soldiers were murdering women and children in iraq "in the fashion of Jengis (sic) khan"?

how could you not give your hard earned money to such a fine example of american patriotism, you know he needs it! the "why dont you just f**k off" heinz side of the family doesnt share much with him you know.......poor guy, he has to earn his allowance by parking his yacht in tax free states.......
Actually that comment was made during his 1971 testimony before Congress concerning the Vietnam War. More specifically, he was recounting comments made by more than 150 honorably discharged and decorated soldiers concerning the atrocities that they had witnessed and/or committed themselves against civilians in Vietnam. (See http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=38635 and http://www.factcheck.org/swift_boat_veterans_anti-kerry_ad_he_betrayed.html )

david gibson
09-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Actually that comment was made during his 1971 testimony before Congress concerning the Vietnam War. More specifically, he was recounting comments made by more than 150 honorably discharged and decorated soldiers concerning the atrocities that they had witnessed and/or committed themselves against civilians in Vietnam. (See http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=38635 and http://www.factcheck.org/swift_boat_veterans_anti-kerry_ad_he_betrayed.html )

:rolleyes:yeah, i know when his "coup de gras" statement was made, and i know the event. i know it was 1971 and his later comments were about Iraq. duh.:rolleyes:

have you ever heard the words "irony" and "sarcasm"? see, i was being "sarcastic" because of the "irony" that kerry would chastise our soldiers today for actions JUST LIKE he admitted he committed in viet nam.

yardley - the "sheldon cooper" of RTF (and truthfully, thats a compliment. i like sheldon cooper.)

YardleyLabs
09-17-2010, 06:03 PM
:rolleyes:yeah, i know when his "coup de gras" statement was made, and i know the event. i know it was 1971 and his later comments were about Iraq. duh.:rolleyes:

have you ever heard the words "irony" and "sarcasm"? see, i was being "sarcastic" because of the "irony" that kerry would chastise our soldiers today for actions JUST LIKE he admitted he committed in viet nam.

yardley - the "sheldon cooper" of RTF (and truthfully, thats a compliment. i like sheldon cooper.)
Actually, he never said he committed such acts himself. You made that up yourself (what a surprise:rolleyes:). He was quoting others who said that they did. He was in the Navy on a Swift boat, as you might remember. To hear it from the commercials, of course, he never saw any real action at all.

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Oh good grief. Now my good friend Madeleine Albright is asking me for money. Am I the only one?

ducknwork
09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I think someone has played a cruel joke on you.

Pretty funny, actually...

YardleyLabs
09-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Oh good grief. Now my good friend Madeleine Albright is asking me for money. Am I the only one?
I assume you mean the one ending like this
This isn't the first time we Democrats have faced a determined opponent. We have beat them before, and we'll do it again. But it will only happen if we all act now.

Thank you for all that you do for our party and our country.

Sincerely,

Madeleine Albright
That's what happens when you let Democrats get your email address...:wink: There is actually an unsubscribe message at the bottom.

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I assume you mean the one ending like this
This isn't the first time we Democrats have faced a determined opponent. We have beat them before, and we'll do it again. But it will only happen if we all act now.

Thank you for all that you do for our party and our country.

Sincerely,

Madeleine Albright
That's what happens when you let Democrats get your email address...:wink: There is actually an unsubscribe message at the bottom.

I know. I'm just curious how many I'll get.

M&K's Retrievers
09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Who the heck is Bob Menendez? Now he's asking for my money. That makes 5 close personal friends who have contacted me begging for money in the last week. Wonder how many more will show up?

M&K's Retrievers
09-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Update!! Spam blocker finally worked and sent a message from the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee to the $**t can.

M&K's Retrievers
09-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Obama himself contacted me today. Wow!

Ken Bora
09-28-2010, 11:41 AM

ya know, that is kind of funny. I might do some early Christmas shopping for some friends here :cool: