PDA

View Full Version : Victory or Defeat???

depittydawg
09-14-2010, 10:47 PM
A lot can be read into the Tea Party candidates win in Delaware. My read is that people are pissed off. They don't trust either of our political parties and the want real representation. My hat goes off the Republican citizens of Delaware who shunned the advice of their party, and voted a candidate who might acutally represent THEIR interests.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/09/14/christine-odonnell-stuns-mike-castle-in-delaware/?icid=main|netscape|dl1|sec1_lnk1|170643

cotts135
09-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Big upset in New York where Carl Palladino has won the Republican primary over the party supported Rick Lazio. Palladino is not someone I would vote for because of some of his past actions and rhetoric but I do see it as a good thing that voters are sick and tired of the bs that goes on in New York State politics.
Don't see that he has much of a chance in the general but we will see.

aandw
09-15-2010, 08:43 AM
this morning on msnbc, one said that the white house was "in good spirits" because of the upsets in the GOP, especially in Delaware. in Delaware a rep that had been in the house 27 years was beat by a virtual unknown (Tea party). does the white house not realize how mad voters are at them or just not care?
if the reps come around to the tea party side could be real bad for dems. and the white house will be in good spirits the whole time.

BrianW
09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
From the Yahoo report http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100915/ap_on_el_ge/us_primary_rdp
AP/Rob Carr Democratic national committee chief Tom Kaine told NBC's "Today" on Wednesday that O'Donnell's win was good for Democrats and a further sign of the "civil war" in the Republican party.
"That creates opportunities for us," he said. The O'Donnell win shows that moderate Republican voters are being forced from their party and will "have to look long and hard before supporting these candidates,"

n Minneapolis, former President Bill Clinton said the Republican Party is pushing out pragmatic voices in favor of candidates that make former President George W. Bush "look like a liberal."

I disagree with that assessment and more with Ducknwork in that

"They don't trust either of our political parties and the want real representation", that the"civil war" Kaine referred to is against the "Demoplicans" & "Republicrats", the so called "moderates" who have made the mess worse..
And as far Clinton goes, to me 'pragmatism' means abandoning your principles in order to be "practical" and that's exactly what voters (on BOTH sides) are tired of.

But what is the GOP going to do, support Coons? :rolleyes: From his own website, Chris Coons will be a strong, progressive voice for Delaware...
Coons supports & commends the Administration on just about every issue.
Who do they think is more likely to support GOP values if elected, Coons or O'Donnel? If they are foolish enough not to support her, Karl Rove told Fox News Channel, "This is not a race we're going to be able to win," & Republican Party officials who saw Castle as their only hope for winning the Delaware seat once held by Vice President Joe Biden made clear they will not provide funding for O'Donnell in the general election. they'd better not be surprised when even more folks run under the TP banner and the elephant will resemble more of the mammoth and the mastadon..

BrianW
09-15-2010, 09:32 AM
but I do see it as a good thing that voters are sick and tired of the bs that goes on in New York State politics.

So you don't feel that Cuomo is a big part of the NY BS?
Do you plan to just not for gov then? :confused: