PDA

View Full Version : Castle is a weenie

david gibson
09-17-2010, 08:41 AM
he really does need to put his man pants on. every primary has smears and jeers, and everyone in history has been able to get over it and move forward for the common good after the votes are in. look at hillary and obama even.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/16/AR2010091604717.html?wpisrc=nl_headline

a whole lot of waaaa waaa waaaa

dnf777
09-17-2010, 08:46 AM
I would add Jimmy Carter to you weenie list. His childish remarks about the late Sen. Kennedy were pretty cheap, if you ask me. He had 30 years to say that, when Ted could have rebutted, but no, he waited until there was grass on his grave, then unloaded.

M&K's Retrievers
09-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Just shows once again what a sleazy world politics is -both sides, all threes sides, whatever.:-x

Cody Covey
09-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Why would Obama and Biden call Castle. Is that common practice?

M&K's Retrievers
09-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Why would Obama and Biden call Castle. Is that common practice?

I wouldn't think so unless it was to offer him a position for his refusal to endorse O'Donnell. That's my guess.

david gibson
09-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I would add Jimmy Carter to you weenie list. His childish remarks about the late Sen. Kennedy were pretty cheap, if you ask me. He had 30 years to say that, when Ted could have rebutted, but no, he waited until there was grass on his grave, then unloaded.

everyone else said a lot worse about teddy he was on this side of the grass. wouldnt have made news if he did.

jimmy carter is the king of the list anyway. no need to add him, he is the charter member

david gibson
09-17-2010, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't think so unless it was to offer him a position for his refusal to endorse O'Donnell. That's my guess.

yup, anything to keep him stirring the pot. probably offering him a seat in Illinois.....

Buzz
09-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Yup, he should just suck it up and endorse & help perpetuate smear politics.:rolleyes:

Cody Covey
09-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Yup, he should just suck it up and endorse & help perpetuate smear politics.:rolleyes:

Because he wasn't involved in any?

depittydawg
09-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Because he wasn't involved in any?

He was smeared big time. It's an incredible story. The Republican Smear machine turning on itself. Quite amazing. The message is clear. There is no room in the Republican Party for decency.

BrianW
09-18-2010, 11:11 AM
"My fate was sealed without either one of them, in retrospect," he said of Palin and DeMint's endorsements, suggesting that voters were too angry for his moderate views. "They were very energetic, they were very committed, and they didn't want to hear any other point of view."

Well at least he seems to get it to a certain extent, unlike , say, Jay Coat who wrote "This means that Castle is pretty much a mainstream Republican for the Northeast. He's not some extreme RINO heretic. He's just a northeastern Republican." That's the problem, The People are tired of "business as usual" & felt that he sold out too many times.

depittydawg
09-18-2010, 12:48 PM
"My fate was sealed without either one of them, in retrospect," he said of Palin and DeMint's endorsements, suggesting that voters were too angry for his moderate views. "They were very energetic, they were very committed, and they didn't want to hear any other point of view."

Well at least he seems to get it to a certain extent, unlike , say, Jay Coat who wrote "This means that Castle is pretty much a mainstream Republican for the Northeast. He's not some extreme RINO heretic. He's just a northeastern Republican." That's the problem, The People are tired of "business as usual" & felt that he sold out too many times.

I think what is happening in the Republican party is a healthy dose of reality. The democratic party needs to do the same. The Democratic party's leadership's lack of attention to the desires of those who support them is the reason they are likely to get hammered in Nov.
Bottom line is there are huge differences between what the base of both parties want. Instead of actually representing those desires of the voters, we get one of two things in our political leaders. Either they are corrupt bastards who don't care about anything except filling their pockets with dollars, a.k.a. Bush Cheney regime, or they are wishy washy compromisers that end up with the worst of both sides, a.k.a. Clinton, and so far Obama. When is the last time any presidential politician of either political party threw all in full for the agenda they got elected on? Also, how many times have we seen the center piece agenda or outcomes of a President concern topics that NEVER were spoken of during their campaigns?
Example: Clinton becoming the biggest de-regulator of industry and champion of wall street in history. Or Ronald Reagan and George Bush being the biggest budget busters in history?