PDA

View Full Version : Bread Winner

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 03:26 PM
How nice it is that our government offers such fine benefits for promiscuity.:rolleyes:

I was speaking to an emergency room physician this morning. He told me that a woman in her 20ís came to the ER with her eighth pregnancy.

She stated, "...my momma told me that I am the bread-winner for the family."

He asked her to explain, and she said, "...that she can make babies, and babies get money for the family."

The scam goes like this: The grandma calls the Department of Child and Family Services and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for these children. DCFS agrees and states that the child or children will need to go to foster care.

The grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and thus receives a check for $1500 per child per month (in Illinois), with a total 'tax-free' yearly income of $144,000; not to mention free healthcare (Medicaid), plus a monthly "Linx" card entitling her to free groceries, etc.; and a voucher for 250 free cell phone minutes per month.

This does not even include Wick and other welfare programs. Indeed, grandma was correct in that her fertile daughter is the bread-winner in the family.

I hope you share this story with your contacts so they know how the ruling class spends our tax dollars.

Cheers,

Sebastian J. Ciancio, M.D.
Urologist,
Danville Polyclinic, LTD

zeus3925
09-17-2010, 04:06 PM
If a child is committed to foster care, it is the courts not Family Services that decide on placement. A whole lot of things has to happen to convince the judge such a placement is necessary, even with relatives. The federal and state governments have for years been pushing for children to be placed with relatives both for less trauma on the children and as a cost saving measure. Usually the court also sets an amount the parent(s) have to pay to defray the cost of foster care provided to that that child. Placement of a child entails an intensive program aimed at preparing the parent(s) for the return home of that child as soon as possible. A termination of parental rights in court usually follows the parent(s) failure to complete the program satisfactorily and the child then placed for adoption if under the age of 12.

As for the $1500 per month per child seems a little high to me, but, I can't speak for Illinois. Check with your local Family Service to see what the actual payments are.

WaterDogRem
09-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Sounds a little bit of tall tale but maybe with some truth. If at all true, hope he reported the fraud!

gman0046
09-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Not sure about the tall tale, these people know how to work the system.

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 05:59 PM
It may be a tall tale but I checked snopes, nothing and then searched the DR's name. The signature does check out as a valid MD, and practice.
Plenty of people do know how to scam the system.

zeus3925
09-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Without knowing a particulars about the case, it may not be a scam. Is the mom an addict or maybe mentally ill? We don't know.

No system is scam proof. But, scamming the system is not particularly easy nor is it an everyday occurrence. In this case a cursory observation may suspect a scam where none exists. A family like this would have to fool a lot of people in order for a scam like this to work including judges and prosecutors, besides social workers.

YardleyLabs
09-17-2010, 06:59 PM
While not credited by LuvMyLabs, this is a message making its rounds on the right wing blogdom that purports to be a letter sent to Limbaugh. However, the one site you won't find it is Rush Limbaugh's suggesting that it is just one more fraud. In any event, it is false on several levels. Illinois benefit payments for foster children vary based on age of child, escalating as the child get older. For a one year old, benefits from all sources total about $360/month. This, as has already been pointed out, is not part of the welfare system at all, but part of the state's system for caring for children who have been removed from the custody of their parents by the state. While a grandmother might well be a preferred candidate for providing care, it is unlikely that she would receive eight children and she would have no entitlement to the children at all. Given actual costs of childcare, it is hard to make money on $361/month. Welfare stopped making increasing payments based on the number of children a long time ago. The number varies by state, but usually maxes out at about three children.

Cute story, but a complete fabrication.

(See http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/socwork/nrcfcpp/downloads/foster-care-maintenance-payments.pdf for an analysis of foster care payments by state. See http://republicmainstreet.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/baby-maker-is-family-breadwinner-welfare-at-its-worst/ forone of the many, many sites publishing the same story.)

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 07:31 PM
I didn't find it on a blog it was sent to me from my husband. Someone sent it to him. I don't spend my life hanging out on right wing blogs or left wing blogs.
However I do find it insane that my tax money goes to cell phones etc for dead beats.
I also do not believe in paying anything for other peoples kids. If you can't afford them keep your darn legs crossed. It is not my responsiblity to pay for someone elses lack of control.

dnf777
09-17-2010, 07:36 PM
In speaking with a family practice doc, she was venting frustration of having to do pre-natal care on a welfare recipient with several other kids, and no means of support. When questioning said future mother (risky nowadays to even question) about how she'll "get by", she replied, "oh we'll manage, just like we always have". They manage by me, you, and other working Americans paying for their kids.

This is wrong! I'm not saying we should kick people off the public teet, but once you're on it......NO MORE KIDS! YOU CAN'T AFFORD THEM!

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 07:49 PM
In speaking with a family practice doc, she was venting frustration of having to do pre-natal care on a welfare recipient with several other kids, and no means of support. When questioning said future mother (risky nowadays to even question) about how she'll "get by", she replied, "oh we'll manage, just like we always have". They manage by me, you, and other working Americans paying for their kids.

This is wrong! I'm not saying we should kick people off the public teet, but once you're on it......NO MORE KIDS! YOU CAN'T AFFORD THEM!

Yikes, you are starting to sound like a conservative.:razz:

charly_t
09-17-2010, 11:08 PM
I have no idea if this is still true but at one time if a relative took as a foster child one of their own relative's childen they did not get paid ( in OK ). That stopped the grand parents etc. from making money off of grandchildren etc. in OK. Some nut may have changed that rule by now. I sure hope not !!!!

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2010, 11:11 PM
The report in question was IL. Think bumma and crew where the hard working are screwed at every turn by the slime.