PDA

View Full Version : Obama Goes To Church

M&K's Retrievers
09-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Bet he goes every Sunday between now and November.

depittydawg
09-19-2010, 03:24 PM

Obama isn't up for election. The new darling on the right, on the other hand, has some splain'n to do.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/09/19/karl-rove-says-christine-odonnell-needs-to-explain-witchcraft/?icid=main|netscape|dl1|sec1_lnk1|171482

dnf777
09-19-2010, 05:19 PM

I don't care what he does with his personal time on Sunday morning. Whether or not a president goes to church occasionally, frequently, or not at all has very little to do with how well or poorly they run the country. Carter was a devout Christian. Did you like him?

Both he and W Bush were frequent church-goers, and they constitute two of the worst presidents in modern history.

david gibson
09-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't care what he does with his personal time on Sunday morning. Whether or not a president goes to church occasionally, frequently, or not at all has very little to do with how well or poorly they run the country. Carter was a devout Christian. Did you like him?

Both he and W Bush were frequent church-goers, and they constitute two of the worst presidents in modern history.

and obama as a lying p.o.s. and divider of the country is worse than both put together.

no matter how bad you think carter and bush were as presidents, they were not facetious when it came to their religion. they were very honest with themselves and the public in that regard.
\
obama? please. walking across the street to Eucharist at an episcopal church?

one of the most disingenuous acts he has yet to perpetuate. what a ruse.

subroc
09-19-2010, 06:41 PM
was the church he attended a mosque?

BrianW
09-19-2010, 08:19 PM
"Going to church" is a lot more than walking into a building and sitting down in a pew for a while
PBO "went to church" for 20 years but apparently didn't hear a thing that Wright said, but heard enough to have him baptize his kids. Kinda young for that "selective hearing" thing. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, he shut "himself" down for a bit and actually listened to what God had to say. Stranger things have happened.

Cody Covey
09-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Obama isn't up for election. The new darling on the right, on the other hand, has some splain'n to do.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/09/19/karl-rove-says-christine-odonnell-needs-to-explain-witchcraft/?icid=main|netscape|dl1|sec1_lnk1|171482

Oh no a wiccan that still has strong moral and fiscal values. Whatever shall we do!!!!!!

depittydawg
09-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Oh no a wiccan that still has strong moral and fiscal values. Whatever shall we do!!!!!!

I guarantee you, the Religious right will have NO part of it.

BrianW
09-19-2010, 09:52 PM

Let's just get this straight, YOU agree with Karl Rove?!? :-o :shock:

OTH, I find it interesting that those who weighed in most heavily on Shirley Sherrod's comments being taken out out of context/selectively edited, make no mention of that possibility in the Mahrer vid clip. At this time, haven't even seen any indication of what that "interview" was really about. Is Chrisitine getting "Breitbarted" now?
I have read that in '96, she was "passionate about her new found faith" on MTV and Mahrer says this show was in '97. Was this something along the same lines, speaking about being "born again" and simply being honest about her past?

Gotta say I AM curious to find out why Mahrer has 22 clips of her, if this is multiple shows or just bit & pices of 1 he wants to drag out to try and distract the public with until the election. Coons won't need to say a thing about "character" with fellow traveler progressives like Bill doing the dirty work for him. Pretty slick.

M&K's Retrievers
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM

It's just a photo opp in an attempt to calm people down about his being a Muslim. Unless the weather is really nice for golf he will be in church every weekend until the November elections.

depittydawg
09-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Let's just get this straight, YOU agree with Karl Rove?!? :-o :shock:

OTH, I find it interesting that those who weighed in most heavily on Shirley Sherrod's comments being taken out out of context/selectively edited, make no mention of that possibility in the Mahrer vid clip. At this time, haven't even seen any indication of what that "interview" was really about. Is Chrisitine getting "Breitbarted" now?
I have read that in '96, she was "passionate about her new found faith" on MTV and Mahrer says this show was in '97. Was this something along the same lines, speaking about being "born again" and simply being honest about her past?

Gotta say I AM curious to find out why Mahrer has 22 clips of her, if this is multiple shows or just bit & pices of 1 he wants to drag out to try and distract the public with until the election. Coons won't need to say a thing about "character" with fellow traveler progressives like Bill doing the dirty work for him. Pretty slick.

Who am I to argue with Rove on a political question involving an election. He is the expert. He got Bush elected twice. A truly phenomenal achievement. Notice he did not say her situation was hopeless. In essence what he said is she needs to figure out how to spin this into something that will be acceptable. No doubt he could do it. Perhaps she should hire him.

My prediction, she will play the savior card and ask for forgiveness from the faithful. It might work.

dnf777
09-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Who am I to argue with Rove on a political question involving an election. He is the expert. He got Bush elected twice. A truly phenomenal achievement. Notice he did not say her situation was hopeless. In essence what he said is she needs to figure out how to spin this into something that will be acceptable. No doubt he could do it. Perhaps she should hire him.

My prediction, she will play the savior card and ask for forgiveness from the faithful. It might work.

Witches have a solid record of cutting taxes, cutting entitlements, and are pro-gun! She's a shoe-in!

YardleyLabs
09-20-2010, 07:00 AM
While in theory, wiccans make as much sense to me as any other religion, most of the practitioners that I have met are a little too "New Age" for my taste. Doofus appeared as a special guest panelist on Maher's show for over 20 episodes -- I suspect because she was a charming whacko. In that actual quote, however, she appears to be talking about the years before she became a religious wingnut. By every account, that was a period when she was very promiscuous and did any number of things that she would condemn today.

subroc
09-20-2010, 07:36 AM
born again...

M&K's Retrievers
09-20-2010, 09:28 AM

I don't care if he goes to church or has a tea party with Michele my Belle on Sunday mornings. I was commenting on the timing of his attendance not the sincerity. His attendance is purely political in nature and a photo opp.

M&K's Retrievers
09-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Obama is running for reelection every day. Constantly campaigning.

ducknwork
09-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Obama is running for reelection every day. Constantly campaigning.

Ya gotta stick with what you're good at!

david gibson
09-20-2010, 09:36 AM
oh the hypocrisy reigns anew. she was a high school kid goofing around, and you want to pin it on her for life; whereas obama "doing a little blow" in college and going to a muslim school is no big deal.

YardleyLabs
09-20-2010, 10:03 AM
oh the hypocrisy reigns anew. she was a high school kid goofing around, and you want to pin it on her for life; whereas obama "doing a little blow" in college and going to a muslim school is no big deal.
Ignoring the fact that she maintained that lifestyle, according to her, while in college (from which she only received her degree the day before declaring her candidacy) and that Obama attended a public school in a Muslim country when he was 9. Try using the same ruler for everyone.

Buzz
09-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Try using the same ruler for everyone.

They are using the same ruler, but the scale they use depends upon who they are measuring.

http://www.artstuff.net/images/987m1831eng.jpg

dnf777
09-20-2010, 10:38 AM
I don't care if he goes to church or has a tea party with Michele my Belle on Sunday mornings. I was commenting on the timing of his attendance not the sincerity. His attendance is purely political in nature and a photo opp.

Many people attend church for social and political reasons...they just don't know it!

M&K's Retrievers
09-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Many people attend church for social and political reasons...they just don't know it!

yeah they do.